jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think we're on our way to 1984?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Do you think we're on our way to 1984?

Briton certainly are well watched with their CCTV everywhere, the running gag being "Big Brother Briton", but what about the US? Think that we are on our way to the Orwellian disutopia?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

In my opinion we have already arrived there several years ago and it is only going to get worse. Sorry for being so pessimistic, just my opinion.

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
      ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

opinions welcome smile

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Thompson. smile

3. lrc7815 profile image90
    lrc7815posted 5 years ago

I'm afraid that I do think that is where we are headed.  It breaks my heart but I think all the signs point in that direction.  I agree with Jeff that in many ways, we have arrived but I believe it will progress beyond what we have imagined.

4. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Drones flying overhead (some in the shapes of insects)

Verizon patenting a Telescreen http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/12/ … customers/

Arresting people because they "might" commit a crime

Cameras everywhere

Growing police state

Rogue government

Well, YES.

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

All your internet data is being stored by the government (according to the former head of the National Security Agency). And there are 82 active drone bases in the U.S.

Yet the issue of big brother watching you is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that we watch big brother, who controls the news cycle, with fabricated either/or debates. In doing that, big brother controls the social-economic and political conversation. So we never discuss the most important issues that will lead to the surival of the American democracy, and eventually, the survival of the species.

In the meantime, the rich get richer as the system collapses, which is the story of history all over again.

6. slcockerham profile image77
    slcockerhamposted 5 years ago

1984 has come and gone! We are well past it in surveilance, dissolution of our Constitutional rights, and police state. It seems that the corporate/banking facism of the global elitists has total control over our politician puppets. We the people are deemed the dissidents and terrorists by those who control the shadow government. World War III and economic collapse will bring them to complete power! Hope and Change gave way to Crash and Burn. The government political puppets fiddle while America and the world burns. Our only hope is in God.

7. mahadear6 profile image61
    mahadear6posted 5 years ago

it is special year for me  , will find like any year so many to say , to do and to like
    data search

working