jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Why do you hate me?

1. Andy McGuire profile image80
    Andy McGuireposted 5 years ago

Why do you hate me?

I don't hate any of you. Is it because I'm white? Because I'm American? Is it because I run a dog-fighting ring? Tell me!!!

2. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 5 years ago

I don't hate you very much don't worry...

Andy McGuireposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So what, just like 11.3% hate or something? I can live with that!

3. James-wolve profile image77
    James-wolveposted 5 years ago

I  think the first step to understanding anti-USA hatred is to step outside of USA media, and see the USA's actions abroad and their effects.In the poll  I read recently Americans were asked to pick the main reason "why those who attacked us and their supporters hate the United States?", the 26% of Americans who answered in the top category surely do not have a grip on reality!

They hate us because of:
    1.our democracy and freedom" (26%)
    2."our support for Israel" (22%)
    3."our values and way of life" (20%), and
    4."our influence on the economy and lives of Middle Eastern countries" (17%).
    5.our economic and military power (11%).
    The media critic Nick Davies blames much of this ignorance on the media, whose selective reporting leads to an imbalanced view of the world:

“American media consumers may stand back aghast in January 2006 when Bolivia elects a new president, Evo Morales, who immediately declares his antipathy to their nation. They don't know what he's talking about: the news factory has left them in ignorance. It simply has not told them, for example, the story of the Bolivian trade union leader, Casimiro Huanca, who was shot dead in December 2001 by troops which had been trained and supported by the American government to crack down on cocaine production. This incident generated considerable hostility towards the US Embassy there, and no coverage at all in the international mass media. Too far away, too expensive, too boring, too un-American.
    It was exactly this same blind focus in the news factory which left the American people after the attacks of September 2001 asking in genuine ignorance: 'Why do they hate us?' In the same way, it has left them for decades in overwhelming ignorance of the behaviour of US security and intelligence agencies which has created such hostility to their country“.
    As a Muslim,I do not hate you or any American.The Muslims hate only the foreign American policy because of  its Impartiality.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 5 years ago

LOL, who hates you?

5. pradiiphira profile image71
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

Hello dear
    Here on hub pages all likes each other and nobody hates anyone.

6. Andy McGuire profile image80
    Andy McGuireposted 5 years ago

"Tongue, meet cheek. Cheek, this is tongue. He's going to plant himself in you now."

7. Marcus99 profile image58
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

Were you talking about me? I kinda think you are. You know, that kinda stuff makes me want to hate you. I don't wanna hate you. Please, don't make me hate you. Ah Hell, I'll hate you if you'd like, then I'll be happier. Nah, I won't hate you today. Sorry, bud. Don't you just hate that? Don't you just wanna hate me now? Giggity giggity, giggity goo.

Easily the best answer. I salute you sir and humbly request you follow my (often) ridiculous hubs and give expert commentiness as you see fit.

8. livewirez profile image73
    livewirezposted 5 years ago

Hubpages members are like Family, So no one would hate you here.

I don't believe you, you're just saying that to make me feel better so that, when my spirits have been raised, you will strike me down again at the peak of my elation. Why are you so mean??

working