jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you were asked take over for Barack Obama as president, would you?

1. Arghness profile image89
    Arghnessposted 5 years ago

If you were asked take over for Barack Obama as president, would you?

And if so, what policies would you enact first; how would you get around the political roadblocks that are currently in place?

2. platinumOwl4 profile image75
    platinumOwl4posted 5 years ago

No, I would not for a variety of reasons. One is the economy was in trouble and had been for over twelve years. Apparently, people did not recognize it. Now, that he is in the Office he was expected to correct a multitude of problems overnight. Similar in South Africa, Nelson Mandela was expected to correct a ton  of problems during his illusionary term that had existed for hundreds of years. Plus, he has to deal with both over and covert racism.

3. Neinahpets profile image87
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

Not it in this lifetime.  I wouldn't wish that job on anyone.  As far as the reasons?  platinumOwl4 nails it.

4. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Only if I got to be a dictator. This country needs one!

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

Yep.  In a heartbeat.   Temporarily probably, since I'm not experienced in many areas where a President should be experienced;  nor am I in good enough health physically;   so I would try to pave the way for someone who does have those skills and who is in better health.   But I'd do better than Obama because he has a wrong agenda in 90% of the areas of his responsibility.
    Policies-----I would fire most of the Cabinet and most of the appointees and replace them with people who actually care about the morality and integrity and strength of our Nation.   Fire Joe Biden if it were possible.  If not, recommend impeaching him.   Then I'd compose a speech expounding for all Americans how to interpret the Constitution in the proper way instead of the twisted way Obama has portrayed it.   That would be a step in correcting most of the errors of the current Administration! 
    Go around the political roadblocks?   Those ARE the main political roadblocks.
    But I think you're asking specifically how to do things within the scope of current legalities.  Hmm....it might take some time.    But the thing that comes to mind is to surround myself with people who will help come up with ideas about how to legally do that.   After all, a President doesn't exist in a vacuum nor should he act totally on his own........wise advisers and well-experienced people are critical to an Administration.  I wouldn't have to be a tyrant in order to get rid the consequences of the actions of the current tyrant.   America is a Republic first;  that would be upheld via adherence to the Constitution;  then I would re-institute democracy based on those principles.