What can stop civil unrest's in our world?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Rawila profile image60
    Rawilaposted 11 years ago

What can stop civil unrest's in our world?

2. Doc Snow profile image86
    Doc Snowposted 11 years ago

Justice.  Forgiveness.  Communication.  Prosperity.

In short, wisdom.

3. Mr. Happy profile image69
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

The main problem is that the common man (or woman obviously) is no longer represented in governments. Our governments have been hijacked by lobbyists, special interest groups and corporate power.
    The disparity between those who drive around in their Phantoms Rolls Royce (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012 … ord-profit) and those who go hungry (http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Lea … 202002.htm)
    is no longer acceptable. There is no Balance, no Justice ... Corruption Reigns and this must change.

I'll end with a song I like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRVtlTwFs8

1. CR Rookwood profile image68
      CR Rookwoodposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hasta siempre a usted tambiƩn Sr. Happy.

You said it all. I'm ready, Enough is enough.

4. d.william profile image72
    d.williamposted 11 years ago

Eliminate greed, self serving and organized religion (the greatest cause of social discord in history). 
    Before i get called satan again,  i am not talking about God or spirituality, for as we all should know by now GOD IS NOT A RELIGION, and religion serves only man's needs to control others. Spirituality is an inbred part of each of us, and our only connection to God.
    Can you imagine a civilization where money is not the driving force, everyone working in unison for the benefit of mankind, spiritual leaders that guide us without profits and knowledge being the greatest quest of humanity?

5. Green Art profile image71
    Green Artposted 11 years ago

By showing compassion and understanding for each other as human beings trying to carve out productive and happy lives on this earth for the finite time we all have here.

6. LauraD093 profile image71
    LauraD093posted 11 years ago

Dialogues without agendas although I don't see it happening any time soon. One can always hope though.

7. peeples profile image91
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

The only humanly possible way is if every living person becomes brain dead.

1. d.william profile image72
      d.williamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

this is the best most realistic answer ever.  And we are heading in that direction fast

8. peoplepower73 profile image81
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

This is an excellent question.  Try to stay with me on this one. I believe what creates civil unrest in the world is our differences. if an alien from another planet were to study the human race, they would see it as one race, the human race, with difference in skin coloring, features and body size. If they were to study our minds, they would find that there were many values and beliefs that were very closely related with not that many differences, but many different languages.

I grew up during World War II, when there was a direct threat against our existence.  It was amazing how people banned together, set aside their differences to become patriotic and to fight off the threat. But even at that, there was still prejudice and racism.  Perhaps if there was a threat against human kind, we would all come together, set aside our difference and work together as one race.  We would be so preoccupied with trying to save our selves that it would eliminate civil unrest...nah, it ain't going to happen.  I gave it my best shot.

1. d.william profile image72
      d.williamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

B careful what U wish 4, it just might come true. With the rapid growth of GMO foods, it is possible 2 create a genetic shift that could wipe out 99% of the world, & leave in its wake a race of mutants.  Could the 1% really fend for themselves?

2. Mr. Happy profile image69
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Perhaps if there was a threat against human kind" - Hmm ... what about nuclear proliferation, biological weapons, environmental disasters, etc.? There are reasons to come together, it's just people are not educated enough to see them.

9. literal profile image71
    literalposted 11 years ago

That's a heavy question.  I think strong compassionate leaders who can unite the people and negotiate effectively with other parties.

10. S Leretseh profile image60
    S Leretsehposted 11 years ago

Rather than trying to prevent certain human behavior, I think it would behoove us to first try to understand the behavior.  Humans, particularly males, are social animals and therefore form male "groups." When one male group encroaches on another ...there is generally violence.  This is how humans are. It  has always been that way. It will always be that way.

11. Electro-Denizen profile image81
    Electro-Denizenposted 11 years ago

Make sure everyone has plenty of food, there's sufficient housing and plenty of entertainment. The Romans were canny when it came to crowd control - 'Bread and Circus' they called it. Provide lascivious and cruel entertainment to the masses (the death matches) and throw free bread up into the stalls of the common people. Perfect combination to keep the populace satisfied and pacified.

I don't like my answer, but it rings true to me unfortunately. Not that it would happen like that these days, fortunately... Otherwise, we're looking at some kind of evolutionary leap where we don't see color or race, or hear different languages, but intuitively see the inner needs of all beings as the same as ours. That might do it.

12. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

The only answer I see is a dream. I don't know how to make it happen. But if each person and community on this planet had healthy sanitation, clean water, healthy food, effective medical care, and access to culturally appropriate education that taught us to respect one another and not harm one another while giving place for creative and intellectual growth, there would, perhaps, be no reason for civil unrest.

Anyone want to help me build a foundation beneath this castle in the air, one breath, one smile, one act of service and creativity at a time?

1. Green Art profile image71
      Green Artposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes dreams do become reality Sid!  We need to hope that our world can become a better place even if it's one person at a time making positive changes.

2. SidKemp profile image84
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Green Art. In spirit, I am ever hopeful. As a project manager, I shudder when I contemplate how long it will take at our current rate of progress - millions of years, I think. But maybe there's exponential growth or a quantum shift ahead.

13. conradofontanilla profile image66
    conradofontanillaposted 11 years ago

Egalitarianism is rooted in equality. Distributive aspect of social justice is emphasized. Both are prescriptive. Egalitarianism and social justice bring about happiness, preempting civil unrests. read more

14. the Blue sun profile image61
    the Blue sunposted 11 years ago

I believe getting to resolve a problem such as this one. One would have to be complete and Governments with understanding the both sides of the problem thats unsettled. Bothsides have to reconsider and come to terms of piece and fareness. With peace and harmony I believe everything can be resolved.

15. taburkett profile image60
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

respect..............................................................................................

16. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

You should thank your budha for civil unrest ! It created America , it is the absolute and only voice of the people on the street level ,anywhere !  Even civil unrest in  the middle east is a good thing , they may only flip flop from one dictator to another , yet it shows a will for change from tyranical leadership, and  a continuing manefestation of free speech! .

1. Mr. Happy profile image69
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very well said. Thank You.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)