jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Do you truly care about your fellow man?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image78
    crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago

Do you truly care about your fellow man?

Do you care if people are hungry right here in America? Would you work in a soup kitchen. Would you take a blanket to a homeless person. Do you consider yourself a Christian? Ask yourself this very important question. What would Jesus do? Would he feed the hungry? Would he give blankets to cold people? What can you do to change the world? Start with just a few steps at a time. Try to make a real difference.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7882815_f260.jpg

2. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 4 years ago

Yes I truly do care about my fellow man.
    I would happily work in a soup kitchen.
    I have given clothing to the homeless.
    I do not consider myself a christian because I am not one.
    I have tried to make a difference, as have many of the people I know.
    I think that people can help each other in many ways. many people do not, because they have no ideas of how to contribute to charitable works. With a little help from everyone we can make the world a much nicer place.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes I truly do. I would love to be able to do more than I do. If only I had the billions that some have, I would help so, so many more. I just don't understand why anyone who has this opportunity would not do so.

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sad but those with money defrauded are the ones who say they care and give to charities for attention. They buy fake friends/love. They live behind a mask however always will be revealed.

4. sunflowerforests profile image81
    sunflowerforestsposted 4 years ago

When I ask myself 'What would Jesus do?'  I see the answer to be He would die for us.  There are so many opportunities to help our fellow man each and everyday.  It involves inconveniencing ourselves though.  We have to be willing to give.  Whether it be time, money or some form of emotional support, we need to be willing to do this for those around us.  We need to be less critical of others, less judgmental, less demanding of others to meet our perceived value in order to "deserve" our help.  We should just help others no matter if they fit our criteria or not...

5. Dan Barfield profile image78
    Dan Barfieldposted 4 years ago

I care so much that it is painful to think about quite frankly. My sensitivity to the suffering in the world has paralysed me into inaction or helpless apathy in the past. It is only in recent months that I have begun to understand how much power I have in my own right to change the world. Having understood this about myself I have discovered in myself an intense desire to leave the world in a better state than it is currently in. This understanding acheived I am in the process of creating situations in which I can realise these ambitions. I will raise the consciousness of this world or die in the attempt.

6. LillyGrillzit profile image77
    LillyGrillzitposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7758974_f260.jpg

Excellent question crazyhorse ghost!

For the third time in my life I am homeless myself.

Because of the help of some organizations in the town I relocated to; I will once again have a place of my own. I am thankful for the charity and that these organizations are helping me to help myself.

In the past 4 months, I have found that people, even nice Christian people are concerned that homelessness is a contagion. Many average middle class people know they are just a sickness or disaster from homelessness themselves, so the more they can justify the differences between them and those who are homeless, the safer they feel.

I have had good people question my morals, if it was drink, drugs or gambling that brought about my situation. Unfortunately it was 6 weeks without income that did me in. I hope to never find myself in this situation again, but even as down as I have been, when I see another who seems to be hurting, I want to reach out and help. When I am unable to help myself very well, it hurts more that I cannot help others much.

Jesus was homeless, and hungry most of his ministry, and Christian means Christ-like.

You are a saint in the making, I appreciate all you do for the hungry and homeless.

7. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

Yes I would. I know God has plans for me to help and pay it forward and keep it going. I will do my best to serve that purpose.

God is finished his work in this mess that was created.

As I said sometimes the ones with money that was achieved through false pretenses are the very ones that are lonely and buy all their friends/love.

Many celebrities do give to charities but through research I have realized a lot of them (even those now gone) did that for show, to become number one to the fans. There are only a small number (I can count on my one hand) of celebrities I find sincere. Too many of them are on commercials that beg for our help to the poor countries. Um hello why dont they do it, they are the ones with the money.

However I bet if any one of us would email them or their so called people and ask for help on whatever issue they would not bother. Try it, I did awhile back it was with Oprah, hence how I found out she was phoney.

They talk the talk but dont walk the walk. They just dont answer so they do not have to justify their saying no.

I have done my research and actually have done this to a few celebrities for fun and nope no answer, its been like years now.

I think that most of us would help if we are at all a compassionate human being.
    Jesus taught the world that if someone asks for help to help without expecting a reward.

8. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Yes, definitely. My care for those in need is sincere. I consider the guys I feed at the breakfast program on Saturdays, my friends. It's a fellowship more than a feeding program. I know several of them by name and look forward to seeing them. Even those who reek of alcohol. It's all good.

9. William F. Torpey profile image77
    William F. Torpeyposted 4 years ago

Yes, definitely. However it is clear to me that in the contemporary economy individual charities will never suffice to meet the needs of the millions of Americans (and billions of people around the world) who have been left behind. While many fear government power, I am convinced that only government (in the U.S. and throughout the world) can garner the resources to help those in need. (We sure can't do that by cutting Social Security, Medicare, unemployment payments and other programs designed to help meet the needs of the poor, the elderly and the disadvantaged.)

10. profile image0
    supreme upbeatposted 4 years ago

Yes I do care.
    We are for each another in this world.

working