jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

So, you're walking, through woods, 3 million in cash in a suitcase, untraceable.

1. residentstone profile image59
    residentstoneposted 4 years ago

So, you're walking, through woods, 3 million in cash in a suitcase, untraceable..

obtained through illegal means for sake of question. You're not going to take it???? C'mon on now!

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 4 years ago

Good luck in your quest for honest answers, but first I present a few questions. How would it even be known that it was illegally obtained or that it is completely untraceable? That would make me think better of taking it unless I was destitute. That said, on the other hand, how would it be known that I took it if I never go on a spending spree and live a very modest life to not attract attention? Honestly, how many people would pass up this "opportunity?" It would be very difficult for the vast majority of people to pass up and I think that despite what one may answer here, the reality may be quite different.
    For example, I would be lying through the keyboard if I said that taking it would not cross my mind or if I said that there's absolutely no way on earth I'd take it. If I was cold, hungry, and homeless you bet I would take at least a small amount if not all of it! I'm human, sue me for being honest smile
    Quite often it depends on the person and their current circumstances as to whether they are open to wrongdoing or not and this is why the vast majority of crimes are committed by people struggling to survive rather than those who are already affluent or rich. Another analogy is this. Many people say or even brag that they'd fight like heck or even kill if they were attacked only to cower in a corner once it actually happens. The point is that we may have certain preconceived ideas about specific situations but once we're in the thick of it, those ideas and our actions can be quite different whether for the good or bad.

3. profile image0
    Proud Footposted 4 years ago

I'd take it. No doubt about it. I'd spend it wisely though, make it keep me afloat for a few years.
    I think the reason why this is such a no-brainer for me is that I'm not taking it from any person in particular. If I were to steal it from someone's hands against their will it would be completely immoral and wrong of me. But in leaving it abandoned in a wood somewhere... I'd say that's consent enough!
    I need to take a visit to the woods some time soon...

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Investing 1 million of it & getting just a 5% return annually would earn you $60,000 a year without touching the million. Investing more or living off of the interest alone could be easily done for the rest of your life, better than a few years :

4. old albion profile image71
    old albionposted 4 years ago

I would drag myself through rain, heat, swamp, desert and traverse hell and high water to get that money to the nearest police station  smile LOL.
    Graham.

residentstoneposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL, indeed!

5. lumen2light profile image79
    lumen2lightposted 4 years ago

The answer to this question is as diverse as the individual.

First there is the whole excitement at the discovery. The brain working overtime as to how to spend it, or how lucky you are, even praying to god for thanks.

Then comes the fear, the questions and the doubt. Is someone watching? How will I get it out of here without anyone noticing? What if it’s stolen or belongs to a gangster? Where do I put it?

Each question increasing the fear of losing it.

By the time you finally get it from the woods to your house you’re a nervous wreck. You lock all the doors and close all the blinds. Then your brain continues to torment you.

Then again, you might just pick it up, walk into the nearest bar and have a drink.

PS. Where can I find this suitcase?

residentstoneposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL, agreed on all points. You would have to be real cool spending it. You couldnt just freak out and go on spending spree's right away.

working