jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Who Does The Most Evil: The One Who Does It And Knows It Or The One Who Does It

1. vveasey profile image85
    vveaseyposted 4 years ago

Who Does The Most Evil: The One Who Does It And Knows It Or The One Who Does It But Doesn't know it?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't think it's quite fair to say someone who doesn't know they've done wrong is as evil as someone who is doing something with intent.

1. vveasey profile image85
      vveaseyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The question is "who does the most evil" not who is the most evil

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Evil is evil. No matter if it is done intentionally or unintentionally, it still has the same negative effect.

4. Nathan Orf profile image78
    Nathan Orfposted 4 years ago

I remember reading a book one time, a novel that really has nothing to do with this question, other than this one scene; A military experiment goes awry, the psychopaths on whom the experiment was being conducted vanish into the general population, and what does the man conducting the experiments say? "There must be 50,000 murders and rapes a week in this country, 300 a day. What's 50 more?"

Joseph Stalin (undoubtedly one of history's most evil men) put it this way; "When one person dies, it's a tragedy. When thousands die, it's statistics."

I don't think that people can unwittingly commit an evil act, not unless they were manipulated into doing so, and were lied to about the consequences. In that case, such a person is yet another victim of an evil person's crimes. The truly evil people are those who use statistics to justify murder. And then, there are still others who simply do not care about hurting others. They do it just for fun.

In the end, the people who do evil and know it do far more evil than the people who don't know they are doing evil. In fact, the latter group is probably being manipulated by the first group into doing what they are doing.

5. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Of all the evil actions I find that a man who causes another to do evil as the worst kind of evil. I suppose that could be done negligently. Like the woman asking for what a man cannot provide and the man steals it for her. Even in mans' law we have provision to punish with more vigor those who act in malice than those who are fools.
    Also normally stupidity is caused by laziness and slough. So even mistakes can be intentional if overly careless acts cause evil.
    If the knowledge is not had through the fault of the evildoer then I would place it on par with the intentional.
    So to the very pointed question. They are equal if ones actions cause another to do evil. The one who knows causes more evil if it is direct.