jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is Michelle Obama distancing herself from the President?

1. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Is Michelle Obama distancing herself from the President?

President Obama's popularity recently hit an all-time low. Now he and his daughters have returned from the family's latest Hawaiian vacation minus the First Lady. While the President says the extended vacation is a birthday "gift" to his wife, it is difficult to forget the obvious disapproval she felt when he was caught posing for a Selfie during Nelson Mandela's funeral. Is it possible that Michelle has tired of her husband's antics and/or controversy and is distancing herself from him?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8628204_f260.jpg

2. bn9900 profile image80
    bn9900posted 4 years ago

Maybe she isn't as dumb as we all thought? But in reality she is still as dumb as we knew. lol

bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thought, yes, lol. But I give her credit; I've had little positive to feel about FLOTUS -ever- but she impressed me with her behavior shown at that funeral. All the character and dignity her husband sorely lacked.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8628991_f260.jpg

Well, only time will tell.  Of course, it was highly inappropriate and disrespectful of President Obama to take a selfie during such a solemn occasion.  It also exhibited juvenile and immature behavior on his part.  This was the ultimate height of disrespect and lack of decorum regarding the late Nelson Mandela.  He was making light of a very solemn event for the whole world to see.   He has sunk to a NEW LOW as far as I am concerned.

bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. That was something one might expect from a kid, may even a teenager, not a President of a nation.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am totally appalled.  I know 6 year olds with better and more focused decorum.  They KNOW not to act up on solemn occasions.  I knew this at 6. I knew to be on MY BEST behavior at funerals and other solemn occasions or I would get a stern glace!

working