jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

What makes the more traditional & fundamentalist religionists fear the atheist/a

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What makes the more traditional & fundamentalist religionists fear the atheist/agnostic? WHAT

are THEY afraid of?

2. theman6007 profile image61
    theman6007posted 3 years ago

I have studied the history of religion for a long time, and what I concluded is that every government throughout history had to have all of the citizens incorporated in to a certain belief system for the purpose of mind control.Now  religions are no longer needed by western societies, because of capitalism and communism.However fundamentalist fear a loss of minds. And their communities are being over taken by chaotic forces that threaten their values. The same thing is happening in Muslim societies. Islam does not conform to capitalism, The Pope is writing papal bulls that will conform to the dominate world view, The church is vulnerable because it does not have any concrete evidence for the dogma's that it promotes, other than the Bible, And the Bible has been proved to be unreliable, Many proofs of it's fallacies  have come from the Clergy it self. So the religious institutions such as Christianity is a threat to it self. Because they only believe, they don't know.And if they know that they don't know then they will become an agnostic in time . I can truly say that no one will know until they Die. I know that God is God and that is a far as I can go.  I can not give an exegesis on the ways of God,So I don't feel threatened by any body else's belief or a lack thereof. Many of the leading Fundamentalist don't believe what they teach. They profit from the ignorance of the people. They are chosen by authoritative religious networks as spin master's, it is all about profit.

1. teamrn profile image67
      teamrnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We tend to fear what we don't understand and if fundsmentalists haven't learned the reasons an agnostic or atheist believes what they do, they'll not have "kumbaya". moments,

.That said, it works both ways! Annie

2. Austinstar profile image88
      Austinstarposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are 100% correct. It's all about profit and not paying taxes and getting special favors from politicians and any other wool they can pull over the eyes of their "flocks".

3. aguasilver profile image79
    aguasilverposted 3 years ago

People either have religion or relationship, for those who have gained a religion, and who have drifted to the extremes of faith, there is often an inner doubt, not that their religion is wrong, but that they may fail to measure up to the religious stature required for their salvation and eternal destiny.

Former religionists who have rejected their faith, and those who had never found any faith, will cause those religionists concern, raising the doubt as to whether they were ever 'saved' or are fully 'saved' and even whether they are capable of being saved.

Not surprisingly these folk will try to make sense of someone who has previously expressed faith and then fallen away.

In short they subconsciously fear they also may lose their faith and therefore possibly their salvation.

If someone has truly become 'saved' having believed and confessed Yeshua, then they are saved, they may not be happy to be saved, they may find their salvation less than they thought it may be, but short of actively making a great effort to make a pact with Satan, they stil belong to Yeshua, in other words once you have surrendered your rebellion to Yeshua and received Him as your Lord and Master, you could only possibly undo that by a thorough renunciation of Yeshua and oath of allegiance to the enemy.

As most post religionists no longer accept that there is a spiritual world, and that Satan is the enemy of humanity, and have rejected all notion of God, Yeshua and Satan, most would be unlikely to do that I guess.

So non religionists who have previously sincerely given their authority to Yeshua are probably saved eternally, they are not atheists or agnostics, they are simply very deceived and rebellious people who have lost their faith and trust in God.

If someone has relationship with God through Yeshua, then it's all understandable and frankly non threatening when former relgionists or self professed atheists confront them.

There cannot (logically and rationally) be such a thing as an atheist, because anyone who considers the subject must come to understand that just as they spout 'show me the evidence' to believers, equally they cannot show the evidence that God does NOT exist.

There is ONLY one way to prove who is right in this issue, and that is by dying, and of course for a supposed atheist, the fact is that IF they were right, they would NEVER know it.

So the most one could claim would be agnosticism, which is an accurate statement.... I don't know.

1. Austinstar profile image88

What exactly are 'they' being 'saved' from? Humans live and they die, just like any other animal. The "burning pit of Hell" is an IMAGINARY place! Being "born into sin" is IMAGINARY.  There is no NEED to be "SAVED"  from anything.

2. aguasilver profile image79
      aguasilverposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well Austinstar if you ever find out you will know you were wrong, of course if you are right, you will never know it. Ironic really. smile

3. Austinstar profile image88

Agua - I can only live my life based on what I know now. To live one's life based on conjecture is folly. And yes, I will KNOW in the here and now that I am correct. I cannot control what happens after I die no matter what I believe or disbelieve.

4. goatfury profile image90
    goatfuryposted 3 years ago

Put as simply as possible:  Pascal's Wager.  Christians (I can speak definitively on them because I was raised thus) are very concerned with the possibility of concluding (if they think too much about it) that they are wasting their life, and the conclusion they will draw is that there must not be a "God" as they perceived it, and even if there is an omnipotent Creator, He or She isn't likely to judge humans He/She has created.

1. theman6007 profile image61
      theman6007posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are being judged every day, Jesus said that a person is judged by every idle word that proceeds from his mouth. Historical events cannot be fully ascertained. So we don't really know

2. Austinstar profile image88

theman - Whatever happend to "judge not, lest ye, youself be judged"? The bible can be picked apart for sound bites that fit ANY scenario.. It tries to be one size fits all and fails miserably.

3. goatfury profile image90
      goatfuryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"We don't really know" is exactly the conclusion I drew 22 years ago when I became agnostic. Sounds like we agree, then.

5. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

I think that religionists are only afraid that they have been duped for generations. They have been brain washed (duped) for so many centuries that they cannot imagine the alternative. That the very foundation of their "faith" has just been a tool used by governments, rulers, and religious establishments to CONTROL them.
    It's hard to believe that there are so many sheep in the world and that there are wolves that are willing and able to control the lives of said sheep and the very thoughts of the sheep. The wolves have done so for eons. The level of gullibility of "believers" is astounding!
    Most humans are just breeders for the church and don't even realize it. I am shocked to hear that the Pope is finally admitting to the minions that they do not need to "breed like rabbits". He really slipped up with that statement. It shows how much disdain the church leaders have for the "flock" of sheep that eat up his every word.
    All one has to do is look at the immense wealth of the Catholic Church to realize that they are not collecting all that money and gold for "God". What does a "god" need with money? It's ludicrous.
    And why does a "god" need Islam to control the people? He's supposed to be capable of doing that himself.
    What does a "god" need with any religion? Well, the answer is that there is no "god". It's all a huge giant scam. The biggest in all of history.

1. Austinstar profile image88

Thanks for the Best Answer vote. I have just reached the age where I am unable to tolerate scams of any kind. And it's so obvious to me that religion is the biggest scam ever perpetrated on the human race. We'd do better to worship dogs than "gods".