jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the ONE THING that couples w/children WON'T EVER understand about childf

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is the ONE THING that couples w/children WON'T EVER understand about childfree couples?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12436643_f260.jpg

2. Nolapete profile image82
    Nolapeteposted 2 years ago

Why it is that they chose to remain child free if it is indeed by choice.  Even those child free due to some reason that prevents them from having children are difficult for those with children to relate to.

3. phoenix2327 profile image82
    phoenix2327posted 2 years ago

The fact that childless-by-choice couples are actually happy that way.  Many people believe that having children is crucial to achieving happiness and cannot understand how anyone could do without and be truly content.

4. d.william profile image75
    d.williamposted 2 years ago

The main thing they do not understand is that what other people choose to do is actually none of their business and they really should be keeping their opinions to themselves.  No one should have to justify their decisions to anyone else.

5. teamrn profile image69
    teamrnposted 2 years ago

I think there are many things that aren't understood. But IMHO, the ONE thing that couples with children don't understand about couples WITHOUT, is that not all couples who don't have children-are childless BY CHOICE. For many couples who are childless, the childlesness is NOT by choice and  they are reminded of one of life's cruelties EVERYDAY of their lives and another utterance, by a thoughtless gifted person,  makes them just that; more THOUGHTLESS. Each soccer season, each birthday or PTA.

My husband and I desperately wanted, KNEW that we were to have children. But, when that wasn't to be, that IN ITSELF was pain enough.

For some reason, I am deemed insensitve if I don't remember every birthday, but there is never interest in what I do FOR A LIVING. Sounds like a mildly double standard at work.

Barring a 'tit for tat' and who's keeping score, mentality there are riches to be gained from my way of life, though there are days that you'd find me hard-pressed to admit it!!

The world would be a very dull place if we all operated under the same set of circucmstances, but I and others that I know have been relegated to the second-class citizen status for too long.

working