jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

In light of the Charleston church shooting,do you believe that the American raci

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

In light of the Charleston church shooting,do you believe that the American racial climate is going

to be MUCH WORSE before it gets MUCH BETTER? Do you further contend that there is going to be a race war in America based upon recent events including the Charleston church shooting, escalating police brutality against Blacks, and riots in cities such as Ferguson and Baltimore?

2. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

If there were to ever be a war in America ,more than likely  it will come from within ,   But there will be a multitude of reasons , most likely not one in particular but many" reasons "will float to the surface .   The first  reason for a revolution is almost always economics , poverty ,  a collapse of the pyramid that affects everyone in order to include everyone . Oh there will be important side issues , race , culture , ethnic  demographics , on and on .

No , I do not believe race issues will get much if any worse at all  .  I do believe that  just by the presence of  President  Obama ,that  race is a hot button , his words  "bring it on " .  But in effect when he is gone  the hot fire of  the media's  importance towards racism  will also die down .   First , because it's partially a  created  issue  .  In Truth , There is very little REAL racism in America today ! 

I do believe , just exactly by the title of this question , that  all things that point to  this very much media , invented issue of race problems ,  will die down to a  new and less important  reality .   The media will drop this whole charade  when  it begins to slide back into it's  less than "sellable "  importance after Pres. Obama  is gone  . Fair or not !     Was there a real race problem in the eighties , ninety's, two thousand's   decades ? -No .
    But it became the new marketing strategy of our, very much  less than stellar media !

1. Chris Antonaros profile image59
      Chris Antonarosposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I am in the fact that a war is a very serious matter, but at the same time an easy to camouflage scourge. Wars all of a kind are happening right now, call them race or economical, either of them are happening. What we can do is teach our kids better.

2. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

To suggest that there is no racism in this country is to be blind to reality.  If you think there is no racism alive and well in this country you haven't lived where I have.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I don't believe there is going to be a race war. There aren't enough people who would follow extremists into that kind of conflict. The internet has made us more aware of these incidents which might cause two things to happen. One, we make unjust connections between unrelated crimes to suggest a 'growing trend' in the country. And two, racially motivated crimes are drug into the light for all to see.

What I mean to say by this is that there are absolutely racially motivated crimes happening every day. And these crimes need to be recognized so we can start getting better at stopping them from happening. But, at the same time, we can't jump to conclusions that these crimes are leading to some sort of war. They've been happening for decades, the only difference now is that they're more visible. Peaceful protests and discussions about race also happen every day, but those don't get the same kind of media attention.

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Exactly this, great answer.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i think people are watching too much tv shootings and the religious they are following are inducing their minds to evil doers