jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Conservative, what are the FIVE things that you cannot stand about Liberals? Wh

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

Conservative, what are the FIVE things that you cannot stand about Liberals?  Why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12739124_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 22 months ago

I don't have five things, but I have one big one: intolerance.  About half my family is liberal (going very left) and they don't have a lot of friends who disagree with them, whereas I do.  And so do many other Repubs/Conservatives. The few times I have challenged them just upsets the group. I'm like, "relax." 

It's a strange phenomenon.  They don't want to even consider being challenged.  That is why I have such fears for the 1st Amendment in the future.  Polls of college students continually tells us that  freedom of speech has its limits. The definition of "hate" speech is being broadened to pretty much anything that is not liberal orthodoxy (see Emory U this week). .  Hate speech legislation is just a front for curbing free speech.  We should all be wary. 
    Example: Cuba.  An entire population with no freedom to assembly but we continally hear about their "life expectancy" and "great schools."  What good is living long if you're a slave?  What good is a quality education if there is no future except serving the state? 
    Would you give up your 1st Amendment rights for a free doctor visit?  Or free college?

1. LoliHey profile image56
      LoliHeyposted 22 months agoin reply to this

What he said.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

The reflexive reaction that opposing views are due to hate, and thus immoral and irrational.
    Oppose illegal immigration, it isn't because you are for rule of law, but you're accused of hating immigrants.
    Oppose an open door to Muslim refugees we can't vet (like the San Bernadino shooters and Somali immigrants returning to the Middle East to fight), and you're not in favor of national security but smeared as Islamophobic.
    Oppose higher taxes because it hurts the economy and fosters government-big business collusion, it isn't a reasoned economic view, you're just greedy.
    Oppose affirmative action policies that lead to too many minority kids getting into top schools they are not ready to attend and drop out of, wasting everyone's time and money when they might have graduated at a school at their level, get called racist.

working