Atheists, Agnostics, Nones, Pagans, & other Non-Traditionalists, what are the 10 things which
INFURIATES the most about religionists?
1. They insist we should believe in their gods because they believe in "faith". There is no empirical evidence for a god or gods, but they insist "he is real". They are proud of "blind faith" - which is just crazy.
2. They insist that it HAD to be god who created the universe. They insist that there in NO OTHER WAY the universe could have begun or always existed without a first cause. Just because we can't know precisely what happened 4.9 Billion years ago, they insist that "god did it".
3. Religionists insist that "god is good" and could never have created evil, even though they turn around and say that "god created all things".
4.Religionists also insist that we "must believe in SOMETHING". And by that they mean that we must believe in something that resembles a god. But we do not.
5. Religionists think that their holy books make "predictions" about today's issues and reality. There is no prediction in any holy book that describes the world as it is today. No TV predictions, no worldwide communication, no scientific analysis of physics.... etc....
6. Religionists insist that whatever religion THEY belong to is the RIGHT one! Even though it has been shown that people generally adopt the religion that they were born into or that they were indoctrinated into.
7. Religion doesn't make sense! If their god were perfect, he/she/it could never have created imperfection. A god wouldn't make a commandment like, Thou shall not kill, and then immediately order Moses and others to kill for him.
8. Most wars, terrorism, and child abuse is based on religion. Sure there are some bad things that happen outside of religion, but mostly religious contention is the reason for barbarity.
9. Religionists see their gods as "saviors". Why would a super being create people only to force them to obey or be punished? Is he/she/it just cruel for his/her/its own amusement?
10. The constant abuse of children is what infuriates me the most! Religionists actually let their children DIE for lack of modern medical treatments. They force children to "pray". They force children to attend churches/temples/mosques/houses of "worship" and be indoctrinated with the lies they tell. They beat children into submission (spare the rod...). They do all sorts of cruel things to children in the name of their gods.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
To atheists, agnostics & other non-traditionalists out there, why are religionists SO FOND OF, INLOVE WITH, & SO ENTHRALLED with concepts of the devil/Satan/Lucifer & hell? Give analytical answers please(as I know you all will). It seems that religionists are...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
To atheists and agnostics out there,why do some religionists refuse to acknowledge that there arethose who do not believe in a god, even contending that those who do not believe or even question the existence of a god are in error and/or denial? Is it the purpose of such religionists to...
by Jacqui 3 years ago
Atheists, agnostics, non mainstream - if treated with respect, is your response different?In relation to religious (mainstream - Christian, Islam etc) people approaching or discussing religion with you - if treated respectfully, and a respectful dialogue is had - do you respond differently to when...
by paarsurrey 8 years ago
Hi friendsI don't agree with dutchman1951 .The Atheists Agnostics are equally brainwashed as are the religionists; being humans all are equally susceptible to such tendencies. Who has given the Atheists Agnostics the certificate that they are open minded and the religionists are not. There is no...
by capncrunch 3 years ago
If God influences Christians, is it Satan who influences Atheists?Is the constant debating whether God exists orchestrated by higher powers?
by Lela 2 years ago
What do A/As* say or ask that cause people to think that they are "mocking god"?*A/As = Atheists/Agnostics - God = ANY god (Christian/Muslim/Hindu, etc.) This is for a hub. Only free thought answers will be considered, but there will be a prize for the best answer! No copy/pasting, No...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|