The Havana Tribune, a state-controlled Cuban newspaper, has publically insulted

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (105 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 8 years ago

The Havana Tribune, a state-controlled Cuban newspaper, has publically insulted Obama, thoughts?

Following Fidel Castro’s scathing criticism of President Obama upon his departure from the island, an editorial, the title of which refers to President Obama as “negro,” an opinion columnist has accused him of “inciting rebellion.”  The article is titled “Negro, ¿Tu Eres Sueco?” which roughly translates to “Black Man, Are You Dumb?”

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12949131_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 8 years ago

Eh, I think it's a figure of speech over there. It's not like here, with the history of racism (that I know of)
    Asking if he's dumb is another story. They'll find out to their own detriment. You can say he's a lot if things...dumb isn't one of them. I just wonder if that reporter would be able to criticize Castro in that way? My guess would be no. But as far as the figure of speech, im much more offended when people say he hates Americs, or calls him the anti christ, say he's a Kenyan terrorist, etc. But I do wonder what the reporter meant by inciting rebellion. That's one story I have not followed, and am completely ignorant of. If it's a rebellion against Castro, a lot of people would be all for that.

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Esquire magazine Why Obama Really Went to Cuba...Oh yeah!  Tha Man.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So tell us why Esquire thinks he went to Cuba.

3. tsadjatko profile image66
      tsadjatkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No doubt Esquire was told by the Obama Admin exactly what to put in the article.The article's premise is a joke & it is a total ruse of phony rationalizations.Even worse if that is actually BO's reasoning he's more clueless than thought.

4. profile image0

My guess is some PR firm was paid a few million to write that article.  Way too much fluff and Obama worship to be real.

5. lovemychris profile image76

Jeff Flake: "economic change can lead to political change. It's part of Republican orthodoxy! Lift the ban" He went with Obama to Cuba, agrees with him. Guess the.old geezers are too stuck in the past. Obama is the future.

6. RJ Schwartz profile image87
      RJ Schwartzposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Cubans are ridiculing Obama - They hate blacks in Cuba and keep them oppressed - Obama coming insulted them and they gave him both barrels letting him know how much of a waste his trip was.

7. lovemychris profile image76

Let them. I support the president of the USA. And the Americans who dont can have my one finger salute. "Up your nose with a rubber hose" --Barbarino

8. tsadjatko profile image66

Well that was original!

9. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Yo Vinnie !!!

10. lovemychris profile image76

Just showed that to my grandson. "Ba ba ba ba ba barino" hahaha. "Sit on it" was a big insult. What innocents we were. Sheeeesh

11. profile image0

Leslie, I know you really like Obama as our President and that is fine.  I'm just curious if you could tell us what exactly he has done in the last 7 years that has made your life better?  My own economic situation has gone downhill.

12. tsadjatko profile image66

LMC doesn't really like Obama, she's stuck with him (and sHrilliary), just like the rest of the Democrats, because she hates everyone else on the other side, she has to like him and/or sHrilliary, anyone but the republicans.

13. lovemychris profile image76

He gave me $400 credit on federal taxes. He believes in my right and ability to make decisions in my own life. He signed equal pay for women. He stopped a war on Iran. He's cautious and smart on nukes. He smiles a lot and is kind. I like him there.

14. profile image0

Leslie, other than the $400 bucks tax credit you got back we could debate forever on the other accomplishments you listed.  I and many others feel the Iran nuke deal was a disaster that will come back to bite us all.

15. tsadjatko profile image66

Leslie,How has his belief in ur right&ability to make decisions directly affected ur life?Nada!How have u benefited from the LillyLedbettereAct?Ur salary go up?NO!Iran=failHe smiles a lot and is kind?Warm fuzzies floats ur boat,that's deep.

16. lovemychris profile image76

Why don't you tell me how he's ruined your life? How is he personally responsible? And how are my warm and fuzziez  not valid? Have you seen the adoration verging on cult for Trump and Sanders? Plz. You swoon over Bibi. Yuk

17. profile image0

Leslie, I hate to tell you this but the "Earned Income Credits" has become one of the most abused welfare systems we have.  It is really just a form of income sharing that is not closely monitored.

18. lovemychris profile image76

It's not earned income credit, it's something else. Just lops off 400 of your taxable income. And you haven't said what he has done to ruin your life. Unless I just have to keep answering, and you never do?

19. profile image0

Leslie these comments only allow 250 characters.  Not enough room to answer your questions.

20. lovemychris profile image76

Imagine what you would say if I gave that answer to you. This forever cuts off your privilege to ask me anything. I guess you dont do twitter. Sharpens your whits, try it.

21. tsadjatko profile image66

I'll tell you how what Obama has done that affects my life and the lives of every citizen of this country http://www.naturalnews.com/052427_Obama … ation.html That's what your warm fuzzies gets you!

22. lovemychris profile image76

Ugh, such right wingery. Well, that is your view. And at least you can spout it without being called an America hater. And you can't include every American, because every American doesn't feel that way. Only those like you. No better, no worse. USA

23. profile image0

That was a typical liberal answer to my comment Leslie.  But then I guess you could tell us all of Obama's accomplishments with only 250 characters.

24. lovemychris profile image76

I did my best when you asked! Won't make that mistake again.

25. tsadjatko profile image66

Those are the facts leslie, not feelings. How every or any American feels either way is irrelevant, feelings can't change or even dispute the facts.

26. lovemychris profile image76

My facts are Obama care has saved lives, he's deported more immigrants than anyone, he's killed more terrorists than Bush, and to say he's created racial divide is flatulance. Not his fault he's black and whites don't like it.

27. tsadjatko profile image66

He hasn't deported more, WP not a right wing paper but seriously left wing, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon … tatistics/ Racial divide?He's done NOTHING to lessen itFACT

28. profile image0

Leslie you are in complete denial of the truth.  There are many sources of facts available to prove you wrong on the things Obama and his administration have not done.  He has set back race relations by about 50 years.

29. lovemychris profile image76

All I asked is how he has hurt you personally. Just like to you asked me what he has done for me. I answered, in my own words, not a link to someone else. You however, said you cant answer in 250 letters. I say cop out. So, no obligation 4 me anymore

30. profile image0

Leslie, Let's start with Obamcare.  I was not able to keep my doctor as promised by Obama, and my healthcare costs have more than tripled.  Both of my daughters were cut to less than 30 hours per week employment because of Obamacare.

31. lovemychris profile image76

Do you or they live in Republican controlled state?

32. profile image0

What does that have to do with it?  These are Federal laws.  One daughter lives in Washington which is Democrat controlled.

33. lovemychris profile image76

Republican governers have refused to expand medicaid, or set up exchanges...key components in aca. They are deliberately sabotaging it. And if your daughters bosses won't pay for medical, blame them. Aca for employees not applied to small biz.

34. profile image0

Did they not think allowing that 30 hour exemption would result in people getting cut to part time.   Millions of employees have suffered.  I blame Obamacare for this.

35. lovemychris profile image76

I dont. I worked for a company years ago back when full time was 40 hrs. They always made sure I never worked a full time week. My company now has good bennies, but terrible pay. It never changes. It's the unwillingness to share, not the aca, imo.

36. profile image0

I don't.   We're those skilled jobs you worked?  I always made good money but those were skilled jobs, hard, dirty, and dangerous.  Most employers are willing to pay well for skilled labor.

37. lovemychris profile image76

Yes! I have 30 yrs experience in it. And im hoping this new job will realize the value and pay a little more. April will tell. But, even unskilled jobs used to be able to meet the cost of living.The balance is WAY out of line, now. $22 an hr shld be!

38. profile image0

Maybe you need to sell your skills to another company who pays more.  That is all any of us do is sell our time and skills.  You might as well sell to the highest bidder.

39. lovemychris profile image76

Oh,I know there are good ones out there,the point is, they ALL used to be that way! They used to compete for good bennies to attract good help! I know they're out there, I'll leave it to young people I just want tosurvive.Boss bonus tied 2 cost down.

40. profile image0

I remember when employers tried to steal skilled employees from other companies.  The problem now is there are just too many people competing for the same job.  That gives the employer far more leverage than when there is a labor shortage.

41. lovemychris profile image76

Agree! Supply and demand. But, my daughter has a great job with AT $T. Verizon, Google all have super jobs, if you can get in. Comcast here, good paying, lifetime jobs. And IT. It's not all lost, it's turning around. (I think)

42. profile image0

Let's hope it is turning around.  Fortunately I am retired and don't have to put up with it anymore.

43. RJ Schwartz profile image87

He's just a weak president, polarizing, divisionary, and certainly not American minded - globalist with larger ambitions

tsadjatkoposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12949778_f260.jpg

I read that “Negro, ¿tú eres sueco?” can also be taken to mean that Obama is an “Oreo cookie,” that he is black outside but white inside! even more insulting. Either way, where is Black Lives Matter and the Black Congressional Caucus when Cuba's media is so insulting? The Cuban media attacks our first black president (well half black anyway) with “a slur” & the same government detains black dissidents.

Well I guess it's not like the Cuban media is as bad as Fox News, right?

Ah well, it brings to mind what Benjamin Franklin said, when you lie with dogs you get fleas. Perhaps the "constitutional scholar" we know as Barack Obama should have read a little more of old Ben's wisdom and skipped pretending to be Abraham Lincoln.

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas. End of story.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image87

A common phrase used by Cuban revolutionaries: “Negrada–which means, literally, a group of black people–came to signify a screw-up, a f*cked-up affair. ¡Que negrada! became as common as hustling foreigners

2. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Tsad, Black Lives Matter only cares about one thing: shutting down the police and sticking up for thugs.  But only if they are shot by white police officers. They don't really care about real issues concerning blacks.

3. lovemychris profile image76

Lol at that conment!

4. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 8 years ago

Other than getting to watch a baseball game with Castro, what was the intent of this expensive trip we taxpayers paid for?

If it was published anywhere I didn't read what Obama hoped to accomplish with his, and his whole family's, trip to Cuba?  Perhaps he thought he could convince Castro to stop all the human rights violations that are a way of life in that country?  Or perhaps he admires their form of government and wanted to see first hand how Castro has total control of the citizens of Cuba?

The fact that Castro didn't even meet him at the airport tells a big story.  That pretty well demonstrates the total disrespect Castro has for Obama.

In my opinion the whole trip was a waste of time and taxpayer money.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Can we say D-E-B-T and D-E-E-P-E-R   D-E-B-T?!

2. tsadjatko profile image66

Here is that Esquire article. http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/ne … o-to-cuba/ When it starts with "what a masterful performer Obama is on the world stage" you know immediately it is TOTAL BS! About par for Esquire.

3. profile image0

That Esquire article was either written by Obama himself, or the President of the Obama fan club.  Unemployment down to 5%?  Give me a break.  We all know those numbers are flat out lies and manipulation of data.

4. tsadjatko profile image66

Well if there is anything like that Esquire article out there you know who is going to bring it up here! Desperate times call for desperate measures, the "MAN" is going down.

5. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 8 years ago

I woke up this morning to find one of my best Hubs unpublished for Hate Speech - 93 hub score and 400 views in a week, plus it was at the top of the most popular hubs on the main page for a few days.   I feel like a target is painted on my back by the censorship happy Liberals on hubpages - I guess what ever they determine can be judged as hate speech, which by the way is also known as free speech.  So someone didn't like the truth being printed and they get it banned- sounds a bit ominous of another former world leader.
    Wait until my next hub - it's gonna be a doozy

1. lovemychris profile image76

Sounds like a bit of karma is reaching the hub.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Real nice Leslie....

3. lovemychris profile image76

It's the truth Ralph. I can name a few liberals  who have been silenced permanently for MUCH less than I see every day poured out here by those on the right. I keep wondering when anyone is ever going to do anything about it. It's rampant in forums.

Watch it Ralph,saying"real nice"like that to Leslie could be considered hate speech.If she could even name one of those "liberals who have been silenced permanently for...less' I can tell you now,if they even exist,they were whacked.

5. RJ Schwartz profile image87

I've always made it a point to never censor anyone's comments and when it gets done, its an injustice to our way of living.  People who don't like what an author writes should just avoid them, not try to get their work banned.

6. profile image0

Leslie - Are you saying that nobody from the Left writes things on Hub Pages to spread hate and dissatisfaction?  You just named the Right but completely ignored the Left.  I see it happen from both sides.

7. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Mike - the left dishes it out hard, but the difference is that we on the right can take it while they run to a moderator to censor what we say...boo hoo hate speech

8. FitnezzJim profile image76
      FitnezzJimposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hate Speech - (verb-noun) - describes the attitude of the closed minded towards those who disagree with them.  The term is often wrongly interpreted due to a predisposition to interpret the two words as noun-noun.

smile

9. RJ Schwartz profile image87

I think the whole idea of calling something hate speech is rooted in censoring them, nothing more - how its applied is so non-standard. Rap song about killing cops OK, someone anti gay marriage - hate speech

10. FitnezzJim profile image76
      FitnezzJimposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yup.  I suppose I could have added that the term is sometimes a convenient short-form of speaking whose full meaning is 'I hate it when you speak'.
      So, concur, it is one of the tactics of censoring, without using the word 'censored'.

11. lovemychris profile image76

No,I'm saying people from the left get reported and banned.That's why I was surprised that Ralphs hub was unfeatured. Usually hillary or obama bashing is given free reign,while other subjects are off limits for criticism.It does feel like u a targe

12. profile image0

Leslie - I have never seen that happen but then I don't normally follow hubs from hard-core lefties.  I suppose it is true though the way things have been going on here.  That is exactly why I quit writing hubs.

13. lovemychris profile image76

I'm talking hubs, forums, questions, posting thoughts on frontpage, everything.I'd go back to writing hubs once mycomputer is fixed.Can't do by phone.But you are right --you wonder who's reading them, and if they don't like you...then what?Who runsit

6. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 8 years ago

I don't think the use of the word Negro was written in the Cuban press to insult The President. The President is never insulted abroad as in America openly. The President isn't now has never been Negro. The President's wife and family are and were called Negroes, because of their history of being American Slaves. Cuba had an African Slave Trade History also and since the history culture and language were brain washed out of slaves they all became Negroes. James Brown said," say it loud I am Black and Proud". President Obama is an African American in the purest sense of the words and he can trace his family history back hundreds of years on his Father and Mother side of his family. Few Negro have that ability. So i think it was just a mis-print or misinterpetation by some Americans. During the Cold War many Cuban soldiers died in Africa fighting White Colonialism so a Black African President can be something Cubans can have pride in, not be disrespectful of.

1. profile image0

Nice try Leslie.   Put your poor me hat away for awhile and think about how limited 250 characters really are.

I have the same limited characters and gave you the respect of answering you. Agree with you, Junko. Cubans have different concept on race.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image87

It was a direct quote - nothing personal but it was meant as an insult

Junko How is a person whose mother and mother's whole family background is white be an "African American in the purest sense of the words?"Al Sharpton said he wasn't an authentic "black man"

5. tsadjatko profile image66

"When black Americans refer to Obama as 'one of us', I do not know what they are talking about," wrote the African-American columnist Stanley Crouch. "He has not lived the life of a black American"

6. junko profile image69
      junkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

TSAD its SAD when you have to call on a black man you disagree with and dislike like Al Sharpton to try to dis my comment. As far as what Al has to say , he is in agreement with my comment that The President is not Negro. Stanley&You knows too no

7. tsadjatko profile image66

Neither I nor Al said anything about the word Negro. You said he"is an African American in the purest sense of the words" Both Al and Stanley, people I bet you admire, said he isn't, plain and simple in black and white, read it!

8. junko profile image69

TSAD its SAD your understanding is so BAD. The Cuban Press and I mentioned the word negro FYI and the education of all your misinterpreters In other words Al and Stanley is saying The President is not and cannot be or be called a Negro. Understand?

9. lovemychris profile image76

I dont. I worked for a company many years ago, before aca, back when full time was 40 hrs. They always made sure I never worked a full time week. My company now has good bennies, but terrible pay. It is the unwillingness to share, not the aca. Imo

10. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Would you two stop - the question isn't about Obamas mulatto mixture, but how you view the insult

11. tsadjatko profile image66

Ralph I'm just pointing out that Junko's explanation of his view that it was not insulting, which is illogical to start with, is based on his disjointed  and false statements which he can't even justify but chooses to attack me instead.

12. junko profile image69

I expressed my view of the supposed insult and so doing rejected the idea of an insult. i expressed why I rejected the idea and gave my reasons for my disagreements, not expecting agreement with my disagreement.It is only my opinion,TSAD has his also

13. tsadjatko profile image66

Junko, it is sad,

all you have to say is bunko.

14. junko profile image69

TSAD what are you trying to say about junko. I don't understand your compliment or insult. I hope you are not trying to be mean spirit We should play nice and be respectful because this is America not Cuba and you and I are Americans, right?

15. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Black is considered the lowest of the social classes in Cuba - 97% of Cubans consider themselves white, even if they aren't due to the deep racism.

16. junko profile image69

Ralph Blacks are considered  the lowest class in US even South Africa. Maybe its because blacks were the only people legally declared less than human by whites. Those Cubans that claim to be white have more of a Moorish blood line than Anglo Saxon.

17. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Agreed - not trying to denigrate blacks, just pointing out the fact that when this writer said what he did about our President, it was clearly an insult to both him and America

18. junko profile image69

Just because Our President when to Cuba things has been written and said negative and positive. I am sure people can find things to say on the dark side or light side. I don't jump up and down about and cast stones at our President He meant no harm

19. RJ Schwartz profile image87

I disagree - an insult to our President is an insult to America

20. junko profile image69

Not so & you know its not since Obama. The whole world seen and heard the insults & disrespect of OUR POTUS by teaparty Repub. Because of the insults  Putin Netanyahu & maybe a Cuban have insulted our POTUS because WE do or y'all do becau

21. RJ Schwartz profile image87

We differ on opinion and I don't want to fight with you sir.  Let's just leave it at that.

22. junko profile image69

Spoken like a Gentleman and a Scholar. I'll stand down.

23. RJ Schwartz profile image87

I do appreciate you being part of the discussion - look forward to seeing you again on another thread

24. junko profile image69

Guess there is no chance of my answer being selected best answer.

25. tsadjatko profile image66

@Junko,just to answer your question to me,yes we both r Americans.I was being just as respectful as you when you said "TSAD its SAD your understanding is so BAD"
      Junko, it is sad, all you have to say is bunko.was simply tit for tat. touche?

26. junko profile image69

TSAD no harm no foul I realized it was only tit for tat and I was just rhymin hoping to get you to reread and think about what I wrote before you question me about it. Iron sharpens iron and we should dialogue more .

7. FitnezzJim profile image76
    FitnezzJimposted 8 years ago

In response to your question, first thought was simply that they joined the crowd. 
    Second thought was that they probably have not yet empowered their freedom of speech to the point that they could insult members of the state of Cuba.
    I would offer for your consideration they are exercising their new found freedom in the safest way they can.

1. tsadjatko profile image66

What freedom have they found? Nothing has changed one iota in Cuba as far as human rights are concerned. They all have "freedom" to ridicule America and any of it's leaders, that freedom has always been bestowed by Castro so not freedom.

Well, there's a crowd that likes obama, too. Even tho we get treated as if we don't matter. And the point is, change the economics, policy follows. Freedom has got to be better than cold war. People will demand it. "Republican orthodoxy" ;-)

People been demanding it there for decades,now either in prison or escaped to America or dead.Your wishful analysis is just that,a wish,not gonna happen.Raul will see to it nothing changes except he&his cronies will get any&all the benefits!

4. lovemychris profile image76

I don't think so. I think all the old ways are dying everywhere. As I stated before, Obama is the future.

5. tsadjatko profile image66

Why do you think all the old ways are dying everywhere? Give me one example. Castro's old ways are dying? What has died?

6. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Obama is the future?  Is the cult of Obama going to take over the world next?  That's some real scary talk Leslie.

7. lovemychris profile image76

There is no cult of obama.He's been treated like crap.But he perseveres despite it.The cult figures are Trump and sanders,of whom I really really hope do not get anywhere near the presidency.Cool, calm and steady is the future, not hot headed bully.

8. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Yes, the cult of Obama is fully staffed by people who want to see America be simply a cog in the Global wheel instead of the best nation on earth; free people, free press, free to make our own rules

8. profile image51
    rajashahzadnasirposted 8 years ago

The Havana Tribune, a state-controlled Cuban newspaper, has ... In an editorial, the title of which refers to President Obama as “negro,” an opinion columnist has accused him of “inciting rebellion. .... If you want to insult a black person "negro" is not the insult, the insult is what ever follows

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)