jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Let's use logic here, many of our government programs in the United States suppo

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

Let's use logic here, many of our government programs in the United States support people who

engage in mindless, irresponsible, even stupid behaviors for the most part.  Do you agree/disagree with this premise? 

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 23 months ago

No, I do not believe that. What government programs? Who are these mindless, irresponsible, people?
    A lot of people believe illegal aliens or undocumented aliens, or whatever you want to call them, get all kinds of "free" stuff. This is patently not true. They do not get welfare, they do not get food stamps, they do not get government assisted housing. I do not know how these rumors got started, but good luck trying to convince people that illegal immigrants have it made in this country. It is NOT TRUE!
    As for free medical care, they actually just steal it. They register under fake names, use fake insurance cards, and sign "promise to pay" slips for acute treatment, but then they are never seen again. This is one of the reasons for the high cost of medical care as the losses are passed on to paying customers. But they are not GIVEN free health care!
    Social security is our OWN money that is being managed by the government, and it is mostly being managed successfully. The Republicans want to curtail SS and set up private funds that they can steal from. They will "invest" those private funds and take fees and profits from them. This is why we need to fight to expand SS, not weaken it. This strictly Republican policy is meant to decimate the middle class and the working poor and increase profits for the rich.
    Most government "programs" fund the military and infrastructure. This is what they are SUPPOSED to do with our tax money. War mongers saw huge profits in armaments and they went for it, lobbying for war after war. Their obscene profits come from death and destruction.
    And we know what government has done to our infrastructure by looking at events like the Flint water crisis.
    When the government gets too big with no good oversight, they start to rape and pillage the very people they are supposed to be representatives of.
    The time is swiftly coming toward a huge turnover in our government because they have destroyed the huge middle class and working poor. We need to vote them out and elect much better people to work FOR us, not AGAINST us!
    The top 1% have gone too far and we will push back!

1. Michaela Osiecki profile image77
      Michaela Osieckiposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I love everything about this answer, because it uses facts that can be verified.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Where do you see any facts? Facts would cite their source.
      The statement about SS is false.
      Widen the search to Immigrants and you will find stats on using welfare programs, including food stamps. Free education, Free hospital. In Ca

3. Austinstar profile image88
      Austinstarposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Brad, you aren't citing any facts in your answer. Who is providing all this free stuff you speak of? And prove me wrong about SS.

4. aguasilver profile image80
      aguasilverposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Got to agree again, we need to change the top 1% who make money killing people by financing and selling to both sides in wars they start.

We also need to stop people illegally entering our countries.

Who would best do that though?

5. Austinstar profile image88

Unfortunately, there has NEVER been a president in history who has been able to stop immigration! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! I would LOVE to see it stopped, but our borders are just too extensive! Live on a private small island to stop it - the ONLY way!

3. PeterStip profile image71
    PeterStipposted 23 months ago

mindless, irresponsible, even stupid behaviors

can you give me an example. It's a rather vague question.
    What is mindless, irresponsible, even stupid behaviors?
    Religion ticks the bill for me, but not everybody would agree...
    So please edit the question and tell us what you mean exactly.

4. ahorseback profile image59
    ahorsebackposted 23 months ago

Like it or not , The truth is that Americans are becoming more and more about multiple entitlements !   The gay crowds want recognition  and to use the other bathrooms ,  BLM   doesn't get it that All Lives matter ,   The college  kid wants a free ride ,  women want it all AND  to stay home , men are just the usual selfish men , But , everybody gets a trophy and more sick days .
    I'm sixty two years old and have a clearer vision of  the directions in our travel , do's anyone in America  listen to your elders anymore ,NOT !  The native American , blacks  , white kids ,  women ,  men  and kids .  What can I have right now in this very moment ?  That is where America is at .

1. Austinstar profile image88

I think you are so wrong. People are finally standing up for themselves and demanding their human rights. Why can't we accomplish these great things? Because of stubborn old ideas, that's why!