List three things the world would be better off without?
This can be anything personal social material or global. Whatever you want...
1. Rap music
2. Anarchists such as Occupy Wall Street and BLM who are paid to cause chaos and use violence...
3. ISIS, terrorists who kill innocent people and threaten peaceful coexistence.
(1) Organized religion. Organized religion is the main causes of many of societal problems in the world today. It causes people to be parochial instead of universally minded. It is the main causes of prejudices & hatred against people deemed to be unacceptable &/or outsiders. It is also the cause of many psychological problems because of repression of the natural positive human instinct. It causes people to live in the past, being afraid of progress & growth because it isn't preordained.
(2) Poverty. Everyone should have at the minimum a solidly middle class standard of living. Everyone should be comfortable without having to worry about the rudiments of life. No one should have to worry about having a roof over their heads, food on the table, decent health care, & education. Being poor is detrimental to one's emotional, mental, physical, & psychological health. NO ONE should be poor at all, not with the advances in postmodern culture & society. There is ENOUGH, even MORE THAN ENOUGH to create decent, fulfilling jobs.
(3) Warfare. There is no need for warfare. People at this stage ought to be mature & evolved enough to discuss & resolve issues w/o resorting to brute force. Warfare has existed since the beginning of time. It is instinctive in the human condition. There has to be a BETTER way to resolve issues than to always go to war.
Are you sure you are talking about our world? It sounds like you are hoping for heaven or utopia. It does exist here on earth.
Agree with all of this. Especially poverty. I think the world would be a much more stable place if people were actually living comfortably with a decent education. In turn it would probably result in less of the other 2 things you mentioned as well.
Grace I too think this way. And in my own little way I hope I can contribute along this vein. I feel its the 21st Century and we are at the tipping point where if enough of us do a little here and there we can tip the shift and make these "real".
1.money : money is ruling us. People are differentiate by money. Lot of people are not happy without this and struggling to get it. Few are having money and even they are not happy with it. Everything can be easily get if we have money sometimes happiness. Same world human is common but few are travelling in car and few are by walk.some people ready to serve food for pet animals but same mankind human are living without food.
2. Dishonest: world without dishonest. If everyone is honest to what they are doing without cheating at work place, family and friends then world will like heaven to all of us. No corruption will take place and no need of court punishment.
3.natural disaster: so many people are dying unexpectedly and lot of children are losing their family.
We need a shift in priorities till we can rebalance things. There are so many things out of natural kilter. What is presented good and acceptable is bad and unacceptable. And vice versa. The world is upside down to me and Im wrestling to find my way.
All orange vegetables that are NOT carrots
You mean you dont love rockmelon? Just luv! luv! the fresh fruit of rockmelon!
Never heard of it, but I'd like to clarify that I said, "vegetables" not fruit. Orange fruit is a whole other thing.
Firstly, faulty beliefs. Beliefs are opinions but most people regard them as sacrosanct. Faulty beliefs as to who and what we are cause all the anguish and fears, which lead to unhappiness in the world.
Secondly, far less people. The planet is already over populated. It's one of the root causes of so many other things that are causing us problems.
Thirdly, the Armaments Industry worldwide.
I agree with you Tom on us being subject to faulty beliefs. The best way to have one real perspective is through direct experience. Sadly we just can't experience everyone so we have to receive "experiences" via 2nd 3rd 4th hand etc experiences....
The world would be better off without racism, guns, and poverty.
by Jack Lee 12 months ago
This forum is about you, and what you belief to be true about President Trump.Please state top 3 things good or bad you believe about Trump. Not what he is or is not, but what you believe to be true about him and his Administration.This will make you think hard and fast about the current state of...
by Hattie 6 years ago
Seen a video that asked this question! If one some feel the world would be better without religion, or supernatural, spiritual. Explain how it would make people's lives better?
by Daniel J. Neumann 8 years ago
If you ruled the world, what three things would you change?
by Thomas Byers 5 years ago
Would The World be A Better Place With Out Religion?I see all the fighting over Jesus and religion and I often wonder if the world wouldn't be a better place with out religion. After all no one has ever proved that God exists have they? What do you think?
by marinealways24 9 years ago
If everyone believed and thought the exact same thing in religion, politics, everything, what would the world be like?
by Aswin Kumar 2 years ago
Why do u think about the necessity of religion,does religion makes our world a better place?Does religion makes our world a better place or add more woes to the mother earth..is religion really necessary?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|