Can anyone give me a good reason for the USA to have open borders?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image92
    RJ Schwartzposted 2 years ago

Can anyone give me a good reason for the USA to have open borders?

I've heard so many people cite pro and con reasons for a border wall, but most don't go into detail.  I'd like to hear WHY America should keep our borders open or closed?  It's not your political opinion I want to hear, but real reasons why you think we should or should not have open borders.  No one has any idea on the number of illegal aliens in the country and what it costs - many claim they know, but reality says its impossible to pinpoint. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13201569_f260.jpg

2. aasl profile image73
    aaslposted 2 years ago

You're going to get crickets on this one for awhile.

Take a moment to check out my new hub about the recent NYC terrorist

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13201613_f260.jpg

Chirp, chirp, chirp, I hear them crickets. Let's break the silence.

Ask yourself, What is behind  "good reasons for open borders?" The answer is that picture.

There is absolutely NO good reason to have open borders for the USA. Oh there are reasons, there are reasons why pedophiles commit pedophilia but there are no good reasons for that or having open borders.

Liberals, instead of thinking of the government as your father, think of America as your child. Would you open your child to all matter of trespass? Would you declare to your child there are no borders dear, let everyone and everything into your life, there are good reasons not to protect you from pedophiles?

America, the world, is not a utopia but the open borders crowd apparently thinks it is or that open borders will somehow bring it about? Fat chance of that! LOL. In a world full of enemies vowed to destroy the USA no Patriot would ever say there is a good reason for open borders.
    Civilizations from the beginning of time have needed borders to protect them from evil, to preserve values and the principles upon which they were based. That is just a plain and simple fact which cannot be changed by any "good reasons."

There is no good reason to open our country to all sorts of trespass, drugs, terror, criminals, perverts for the sake of some good reasons. Is there a good reason to open your child to access by pedophiles? There is no difference if you care about and love this country as you would your child.

Legal Immigration with enforced borders will answer concerns of any conceivably "good reason for open borders" and that is the plain and simple truth. Anyone who advocates otherwise either has ulterior motives for presenting a so called "good reason for open borders" or is a sucker falling for their propaganda.

4. gregas profile image83
    gregasposted 2 years ago

I can think of several. If things get bad enough it could, not likely, but there is the possibility, that we could start seeing closed borders between states if we leave open borders. That would be like traveling in Europe in previous days. I realize that is a little exaggerated, but possible. There has already been talk, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, of Texas separating. But, at least closing the borders of our country could keep us from that extreme. Just my opinion and vision, Greg.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13009275_f260.jpg

Ralph
    I have written about this many times.
    First the primary importance of the wall is to stop or reduce the illegal drug trafficking, human trafficking and weapons from coming into the US. The Drug Cartel has those three illegal products and they do about $25 billion of it Every Year. 
    This shows us how much of a drug problem that we have in the US. These illegal drug customers cause medical problems when they get sick, they cause crimes when they need money to keep up their drug habits, they fill up jails and prisons when they get caught. It is fair to say that many of them wind up committing suicide. About half of the gun deaths in the US are from suicides. The criminal element in the US from the illegal drugs are found in the various gangs that make their money from these drugs. Because of their billions in revenue the Drug Cartel owns most of the northern border of Mexico, and can develop sophisticated plans to cross the border. They use technology, weapons, and they have moles in the police, and even in the military, and most likely in our government.

So that would be a major victory if closing the border stops or even severely slows their business.

Second, and it may become first or co-first is stopping Terrorists from getting into the country, although with Obama and Clinton they don't have to cross the border illegally, they will be shuttled in and treated as Americans.
    Third, and while it is the major reason for people to reject the wall, it is the illegal immigration. If the US and Mexico can some how handle the drug cartels, there may be a common interest in handling immigration.
    The way it has been handled over the last several decades cost us free medical, free education, welfare, criminal activity (the Hispanic jail and prison population speaks for itself) and they send most of their money back to Mexico. They also discriminate against those immigrants that try to come into the country legally. It costs them time, expense and then most of them don't get into the country because of quotas. Everyone talks about equality, but this is not equality, it is discrimination by the US government. Yet, it falls on deaf and dumb ears, we call SCOTUS and the POTUS, and Congress (do we call them COTUS)?

The War on Drugs is over, we lost.
    The War on Gangs is over we lost
    The War on Crime is over we lost.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't have said it better myself Brad! So what reason do we have to re-elect any of the people who've been responsible for these total failures for many years? Who do we know who can look them in their faces and say "You're Fired!"  ?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

DTMB
      Thank You, And we should have fired them years ago. What do you think of GH Bush 92 yr old ex republican president voting for Clinton this year?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)