jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you agree with Obama on the UN resolution against Israel?

1. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 15 months ago

Do you agree with Obama on the UN resolution against Israel?

The new UN resolution passed by 14-1 with the US being the lone abstaining vote. Do you agree with the content of this resolution and President Obama's position? It is a major shift in US policy against Israel. Is this the right move in your opinion?

2. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 15 months ago

Hi Jack,
      If folks would read the resolution, they would see how biased and anti-Semitic it is. There are several other "statements" within the resolution that have nothing to do w/settlements.  I urge all hubbers to find it and go through it.  The language is a condemnation of the Jewish State, and not all about concern for the Palestinians.

While I believe the Israelis should stop settlements, this is not the answer. The U.N. is rife with anti-Semites who have always hated Israel and look for ways to poke it in the eye.

However, I urge the Trump Administration to stay engaged at the U.N.   Our influence within the institution should be overwhelming and withdrawing looks bad (think Japan in the early 30s).

jackclee lmposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I agree. Some liberal Jews at the New York Times needs to read this resolution and ask themselves how they could continue to support President Obama.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

No. He is siding with dictators and oppressive theocratic governments against one of the only multicultural, liberal democracies in the Middle East.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12760433_f260.jpg

The UN needs to be replaced, as it is no longer serving a world function. ISIS doesn't care about what the UN is doing, and neither do any of the terrorist groups.

The problem with the US is that they keep getting into wars that they fail to win. This is especially true in the Middle East. If the UN was of any use they suggest and implement a safe zone for the millions of Muslims and others displaced because of religious wars in the ME.

A safe zone, or maybe several safe zones as the Muslims even kill each other because Mohammad didn't pick his successor. Muslims don't assimilate in the Western World, they just want us to follow them.

jackclee lmposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I agree. The UN peace keeping force is a joke. We need to disband the UN and start over.

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 15 months ago

Heck no!  That land was given to them by God Himself, and the Palestinians have no right to be there!  The only reason they want the land is because Satan put it upon Mohammad to steal it, to make things difficult.  He is, after all, the lord of chaos.

6. emge profile image71
    emgeposted 15 months ago

Frankly, I don't agree with the resolution. It was a one-sided resolution that applied restraint to Israel without any binding on the Palestine's. The Arabs have so far not accepted the state of Israel and as such the resolution was seriously flawed. As per the Israeli PM, the resolution was the handiwork of Obama after Trump intervened and the original sponsor of the resolution Egypt to withdraw. I think it was a stab in the back but has something to do with the mental makeup of Obama who has a Muslim bias.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

The UN needs to be Changed or Removed as it is not serving any useful purpose. Not that it ever did, but it has gotten worse in this century.

working