I enjoyed Seeing Our Incompetent President Taken to the Woodshed

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (429 posts)
  1. Mister Veritis profile image59
    Mister Veritisposted 13 years ago

The incompetent, immature, not-quite-adult one term president Obama was taken to the woodshed by Mr. Netanyahu. I loved it. Our bully in chief could not bully the adult in the room. Mr. Obama came off looking like an anti-Semite. And Mr. Netanyahu clearly appeared to be the only statesman in the room.

It was awesome. He has my vote for the Presidency of the US.

http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement … ational-tv

1. oldhorse profile image60
      oldhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think Obama is the most competent president that we have had in quite a while.

Mister Veritisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are there specific things you believe he has done competently?

1. profile image58
          tajiatalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. He is the most competent we have had in a long time. Just look at the way he has tricked the American people into thinking he is doing a great job despite selling them out at every turn. Including when he does the opposite of just about every campaign promise he has made. He is quite possibly the best con-man we have had to date.

2. Writer David profile image60
        Writer Davidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't say much for the other 43 U.S. Presidents.

3. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The idea of a two-state solution is backed by the US and the UN. Israel thinks the second state should be a fascist Gulag which Israel can run. The only thing they haven't (yet) incorporated in the Gaza is gas chambers.

The UN will be considering recognizing a Palestinian state soon. Israel can lead the process or having it shoved down their throat. We recognize the right of Israel to exist and have security, but that's got to be true for Palestine also.

1. lovemychris profile image80
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh--good answer!! If I had read this, I wouldn't have bothered....

I just cannot believe how people twist the truth to suit their ideology!

2. Mister Veritis profile image59

At this moment I am very glad that Israel has nuclear weapons and the will to use them. How many nuclear weapons does the United Nations have?

There are plenty of Middle Eastern lands. Let them have some of the empty places in Egypt, in Syria, in Jordan, in Saudi Arabia....

1. recommend1 profile image58
            recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"At this moment I am very glad that Israel has nuclear weapons and the will to use them."

I note earlier you claimed your kids were fools - you should listen to your kids more, I have rarely seen such a moronic statement in these forums as this one.

Not fools. Idiots. Their brains are unformed until age 25.

What part of it don't you like? Do you believe Israel should roll over and die because a large number of anti-semites in the UN insist upon it?

Nuclear weapons are very effective against many forms of aggression. They give one's enemies cause for pause.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61

Your comments - advocating nuclear war - against the UN or Palestinians (you aren't clear on that point) lead me to think your kids turned out a LOT smarter than you.

As that lowest common denominator Gump said "stupid is as stupid does" did he mean that it is passed from parent to child I wonder.

This has to be the thickest, lowest and dim driven thread open at this time.

Both of my daughters are more intelligent than I am. They will be truly amazing once their brains are completely formed.
                  Nuclear weapons are wonderful things. A Jewish state being forced into suicide is unlikely to go out of existence quietly.

2. Ranzi profile image71
                Ranziposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the US should roll over and obey Israel. I bet in 100 years there would definitely be an Israeli president running the U.S.

The term anti semite is so cliche, And does anyone even know what the word semite even means? That semites are also arabs...

I'm not anti semite, I'm anti people who think they were chosen by God

1. Moonchild60 profile image77
                  Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How sad that it should take 100 years to rid this country of all it's anti-jews.

It's the Jews who are anti-Arab.
                    The leaders in charge, anyway. And their co-horts in America.

2. Ranzi profile image71
                    Ranziposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you think that there's anti Jews?

3. livelonger profile image90
                    livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Longer. The only Jewish holiday that's supposed to still be celebrated in the messianic era will be Purim, since even when war and death are over, anti-Semitism will persist.

2. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
              Pamela Sarzanaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree:O

2. Moderndayslave profile image60
            Moderndayslaveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You come off as a very peaceful guy

That is because I am. The way to peace in the middle east is through military victory.

I would guess that you are deliberately baiting people here - nobody could actually believe anything this mindlessly crude and stupid.

1. bgamall profile image62
                  bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many people who have baited people here before get paid. Not saying this guy who joined 4 weeks ago gets paid, but you know.

Tell me how this works. Who would pay me? An email address would be fine. How much could I earn? How would my posts fit in to this posts for pay plan? Are my posts valuable to someone? How would I find the one they are valuable enough to pay me for posting? I am close to being one of the hated-rich-white-guys. Can I make enough to replace my current income?

Ah, cut by innuendo. Another tool used frequently by the left. I am seeing a trend here.

3. DannyMaio profile image61
                    DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you have proof people get paid???? If so please post as I would make some extra cash when free online! This makes no sense! why would you need people to post as you have plenty from both sides that do just the same. Also if what you say is true and write provoking statements against the left or Obama then it must be the left who is paying because some of the ridiculous things written only hurt the party they say they are for! I do not think somebody would get paid to destroy themselves.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image67
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen. At least since Clinton.

5. 2besure profile image81
        2besureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hear, hear! Oldhorse, I totally agree with you.  I am quite impressed with this accomplishments in the midst of all the turmoil this country has been going through.  Bush had 7 years to get Bin Laden and couldn't do it because he was incompetent.  In two years Obama did what Bush couldn't in 7.  That says a lot!  He is bright, articulate, diplomatic and much of the world loves him better than his own country.  Shame on America!

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hogwash.
          Shame on a President who refuses to uphold this Country's values and answer to the decent citizens in it.  Charity begins at home, and so should his accountability.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He does work to uphold America's values.  He just doesn't give a carp about yours.

2. DTR0005 profile image60
            DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If charity begins at home, and I agree with you, perhaps we should quit vomiting aid on the "Holy State of Israel..."

3. 2besure profile image81
            2besureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you mean, shame on the Republicans who want to cut social programs and give billion on dollars of tax breaks for big corporation who are not creating jobs.

2. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who doesn't bow down to to Israel is an anti Semite to people like you. Tell me, if a country steals secrets from you, inserts spies into your government structure for the purpose of stealing secrets, wars with everyone around them while relying on you to fix their problems...are they on your team? The comical thing is...you Republicans only dig Israel because somehow you think their state means Jesus is coming back, nothing about politics or right or wrong...just that a fairy tale will come true. Now, who is the child here?

How did he appear to you? He looked like an incompetent bully to me.

We all spy on one another. All of us. Ten million Arabs surround Israel. Israel has been attacked repeatedly and has prevailed.

Have I ever said anything about Jesus, here or anywhere else on Hubpages?
        In international affairs our incompetent, childish president has managed to alienate the Brits who told us last year we no longer have a special relationship. He has alienated Japan which now leans toward a muscular, Communist China, since under the childish one term president Obama we have become untrustworthy. Egypt, our ally in the Middle East and one of just a few countries not intent on the destruction of Israel was tossed to the Muslim Brotherhood. And now the childish one term president Obama tried to bully Israel into an agreement that would lead to its destruction.

But unlike the childish one term president Obama, Mr. Netanyahu is an adult and was not bullied. Awesome. Brilliant.

1. profile image0

First of all, he looks incompetent to you because you think he is incompetent to begin with. It is a called a preconceived notion or a bias. They created a word for it for a reason.
          Secondly, you are apologizing for Israel for stealing American secrets. Do you apologize for Russia for stealing secrets? No, you don't. You ignore the actual act in favor of "your team." Now, that seems rather incompetent and childish to me.
          You call Obama childish and then use the reference of calling a country a "special friend"? Are you kidding me? Do you see the irony in that? You can't go 4 sentences without calling the President childish and incompetent, yet think you can stand as an unbiased viewer? DUDE! You are acting like a 6 yr old. There is a pattern here. I have told you that before, but the age keeps going down with each post you make. Israel not being able to build in areas they agreed to give up is going to lead to their destruction? You know...it is sad, but the only response is that you need to go play in the sandbox little boy. How can you act and think so childishly and be so old? Didn't you learn any introspection in all of those years? What a waste.

Granted. Not necessarily accurate in this case.

Well, no. I was stating the truth that all nations spy upon one another.

LOL.

Special relationship. We have had this special relationship with the Brits since WWII. It was very valuable to both parties. Read here for a high level view of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Relationship

1. profile image0

Did you even read the link you sent?
              "'As I told the prime minister, the United States has no closer friend and ally than the United Kingdom, and I reiterated my deep and personal commitment to the special relationship between our two countries — a bond that has endured for generations and across party lines.'[193]
              -Obama
              "Cameron has tried to downplay the idealism of the special relationship and called for an end to the British fixation on the status of the relationship, stating that it's a natural and mutually beneficial relationship. He said, "...I am unapologetically pro-America. But I am not some idealistic dreamer about the special relationship. I care about the depth of our partnership, not the length of our phone calls. I hope that in the coming years we can focus on the substance, not endlessly fret about the form."[199]"
              -Cameron

Veritis...really? Veritis is latin for truth, so why do you avert it so often? Here is a thought to enlighten your quest...stop listening to Phil Henry, Michael Savage, FOX, Beck, and Hannity. Go get objective information rather than rants from people who blatantly lie to you.

I did. You won't be able to see the damage for quite some time since the most important aspects are hidden. We cannot be trusted so the most sensitive information won't be shared with us any longer.

1. profile image0

V-man...do lizard people run the grocery stores too? People who claim the info is being hidden are too lazy to look it up. Don't be that guy dude.

Let's just say I know a few things about the special relationship. Great Britain does not trust us any longer with her most sensitive secrets. They are right not to trust this administration.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image76
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bravo!  Well said....

3. JOE BARNETT profile image60
        JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that was clearly put and i've said many times supposedly jesus said love thy neighbor as thy self(ten commandments). isreal is supposed to be jesus' decendants yet they kill and hate their neighbor! what is up? how holy is that? one minute it's holy the next it's greed! no one believes them.

4. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
        Pamela Sarzanaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You tell 'em Tex!

Texas - Wow that was a stupid remark.  You really should check your facts.  Israel relies on USA?  Go read about the battles they have won when surrounded on all sides by Arab armies.  Or when they crossed the Suez and beat the crap out of the Egyptians and the EGYPTIANS went crying to America to do something!!  HA!! Israel didn't. Or how about in Syria who still lost even though THEY Were getting missiles from the Soviet Union to kill Israeli's???  They kick ass just fine without us believe me.

1. DannyMaio profile image61

Moon texas is a know it all who degrades people as I posted, You can clearly see he must be a miserable person. Anyone who has to criticize anyone else to feel good about themselves has major self issues. I posted clear documented facts and these people refuse to see anything other than what they clearly believe.

Texas stated he was some History professor or something and has BA and MA and is either lying or just doesn't know what he is talking about, and the scary thing is he claims to teach our kids!

You see they tell half truths most of the time. They use liberal talking points and propaganda and race when you say something they do not have a real answer for, pretty sad.

Have that husband of yours come on and school these people as BN schooled Obama the other day! Should be fun to read.

2. DannyMaio profile image61

Also I think you know as well, If the USA was not in Iraq or Afghanistan. Israel would have taken out Iran and their Nukes already. I have a lot of respect for them, They do not take any $hit from anyone. We know these people do not want peace. If they did it would certainly happen. After BN speech, the Palestinian Leader said it was an act of war? How can anyone justify this

3. Ralph Deeds profile image67

Maybe you should check your facts. The US gives $2.5 billion a hear to Israel mostly for weapons. Moreover, the US has repeatedly made it clear to other countries in the region that they will face swift retaliation if they attack Israel. However, as you observed, Israel is quite capable of defending itself, even to the point of having a number of nuclear weapons in its armory.

3. DTR0005 profile image60

Zionism is a stain on humanity and a permanent obstacle to peace in the Middle East. And you might be suprised to find that there is a significant faction of anti-zionists within the state of Israel today - a movement that crosses cultural and religious barriers.
      There are 14 million Jews (estimated) in the entire world. There are over 1.5 billion Moslems. Don't you believe a disproportionate amount of money, time, and energy has been expended by the US supporting a state (Israel) that has, in its day-to-day manner of operation, violated the civil and property rights of nearly half of its population - the Palestinians?

1. Mighty Mom profile image76
        Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for saying it so eloquently.
        I have never understood this Republican/Israel thing.
        I mean, if they were consistent, they would oppose anyone who is not "their" brand of "Christian."
        Jews are not Christians. Didn't the Jews kill Jesus?

But that aside, blind allegiance to the biggest bully in the Mideast makes about as much sense and their other fantasmagorical viewpoints. Which is to say, delusional.

The situation in Palestine, like pretty much everywhere else in this world, is not black and white, simple. If it was, it would have been solved long ago.
        Obama brings a sophistication and statesmanship that is necessary here.

1. earnestshub profile image72
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And thank you for doing the same. smile

2. uncorrectedvision profile image59
          uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about we engage in a thought exercise.  If ALL of the Muslim nations surrounding Israel are completely disarmed what would happen?  If Israel is disarmed what would happen?  Are you capable of an objective answer?

In what way? Do you believe that Israel has a right to exist? If not, why not? If so why smear the Jewish people in Israel? If you think there will be peace in the middle east only after the Jewish state is eliminated, with its people dispersed or exterminated, then you are unfamiliar with Islamofascism. Islam kills more of its own than anyone else. Do you believe that will cease once every Jew meets his or her fate?

I am not surprised. Anywhere there are people one finds liberals. Much like cockroaches one just cannot be rid of them. Liberals are known for loathing their own countries and embracing the countries and cultures of their enemies.

Palestinians are the enemy. They don't have a place in Israel. Let them go to Jordan, to Egypt, to Saudi Arabia, to Syria...

1. DTR0005 profile image60

Being anti-zionist has nothing to do with not acknowledging the state of Israel's right to exist - nothing. Zionism is a religious movement where Israel, based largely on the Bible, is the God-given land of the Jews - and the Jews only have a right to that land. And I am not defending Islamofacism - I don't believe either FASCIST movement is a path to peace in the Middle East. And make no mistake, zionism is fascism.
          Israel has, through its settlement building, done more to reduce its national security than any radial Moslem movement has. Israel has, quite purposely, built itself up to a point where anything other than the status-quo is indeed "indefensible" as Netanyahu stated. You think that's by accident? Netanyaho is a member of the ultra-conservative Likud Party. He has no intention on sharing any land with the Palestinians.

Here is what I found: Zionism (Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a Jewish political movement that, in its broadest sense, has supported the self-determination of the Jewish people in a sovereign Jewish national homeland.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism)
            Somehow, I cannot quite see the Jewish nation relying upon the Bible...
            You are stating that you are against Jewish self-determination. Is that what you are trying to say?

Then, by extension, Americanism, American self determination, is fascist?

Israel is a tiny country. Where would you build? Why wouldn't you build on all of that land that is yours? Where would you put people in your country that swear their intent to destroy you?

Somehow you can't see the Jewish nation relying on the Bible... that's interesting - so Palenstine (Israel) was just chosen at random to be the National Homeland of the Jews? And it is just coincidental that Evangelical Christians in the US rubber-stamp any policy Israel cares to adopt? That's right - Israel is a very tiny country - likely much too small to support the ongoing patriation of Jews from around the world. So they seize land from Palestinians and build settlement after settlement all the while forcing Palestinians into horrible living conditons and then wonder why they get military/terriorist push-back. Seems like a blueprint to peace and harmony to me...

Perhaps we should ask a Jewish person to explain their religious books to us.

It is interesting that I did not bring religion into this. But there it is. I sense a loathing of Christions in addition to Jews in their state of Israel. Am I wrong?

In your historical view were there any wars, at all, launched by the surrounding Arab countries? Did the Arab countries win those wars of aggression or did they lose them? If they lost them is there any possibility that Israel has rightly kept the land it gained from the defeat of the Islamic nations who attacked her?

Yeah...on land that is theirs.

Who is forcing the Palestinians to live in refugee camps? Might it be the wealthy Arab countries who benefit from it?

Your sense of cause and effect seems just a bit queer to me. Really, really odd.

The blueprint for peace is the utter military defeat of Israel's enemies. President Obama tried to influence things to engineer Israel's defeat and destruction. Can one whisper "anti-semite"?

1. profile image0

Alright, I am almost at the point I am starting to think you are lying on purpose. I thought you were a seeker. These are lies.
                  Any search on any search engine on the 6-day War, the war you refer to when you claim Israel was attacked, calling it a war of aggression, explains within the FIRST PARAGRAPH that it began with a large scale strike BY ISRAEL.
                  Either you are a flat our liar, a misinformation poster...OR, you really REALLY need to spend a couple of years catching up on what are called FUNDAMENTALS.

You need to go a little bit deeper than the headlines. I could recommend a book or two to you.

Background and summary of events leading to war
                    Israeli troops examine destroyed Arab aircraft
                    Main article: Origins of the Six-Day War

After the 1956 Suez Crisis, Egypt agreed to the stationing of a United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) in the Sinai to ensure all parties would comply with the 1949 Armistice Agreements.[10] In the following years there were numerous minor border clashes between Israel and its Arab neighbors, particularly Syria. In early November, 1966, Syria signed a mutual defense agreement with Egypt.[11] Soon thereafter, in response to PLO guerilla activity,[12][13] including a mine attack that left three dead[14] the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) attacked the city of as-Samu in the Jordanian-occupied West Bank.[15] Jordanian units that engaged the Israelis were quickly beaten back.[16] King Hussein of Jordan criticized Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser for failing to come to Jordan's aid, and "hiding behind UNEF skirts".[17]

In May 1967, Nasser received false reports from the Soviet Union that Israel was massing on the Syrian border.[18] Nasser began massing his troops in the Sinai Peninsula on Israel's border (May 16), expelled the UNEF force from Gaza and Sinai (May 19) and took up UNEF positions at Sharm el-Sheikh, overlooking the Straits of Tiran.[19][20] Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or justification for war.[21][22] Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May 22–23. On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[23] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.

Looks like your Degrees did not do you any good! Either your spinning your Leftest BS or you just slept through class and did some special favors for those professors. Tell the whole story and not just what suits you.

Israel Did strike first but after Egypt and Jordan initiated prior. Dude stop spinning it is childish, your like a 6 year old dude! LMAO

3. DannyMaio profile image61

Arab preparations

On the eve of the war, Egypt massed approximately 100,000 of its 160,000 troops in the Sinai, including all of its seven divisions (four infantry, two armored and one mechanized), as well as four independent infantry and four independent armored brigades. No less than a third of them were veterans of Egypt's intervention into the Yemen Civil War and another third were reservists. These forces had 950 tanks, 1,100 APCs and more than 1,000 artillery pieces.[24] At the same time some Egyptian troops (15,000 - 20,000) were still fighting in Yemen.[25][26][27] Nasser's ambivalence about his goals and objectives was reflected in his orders to the military. The general staff changed the operational plan four times in May 1967, each change requiring the redeployment of troops, with the inevitable toll on both men and vehicles. Towards the end of May, Nasser finally forbade the general staff from proceeding with the Qahir ("Victory") plan, which called for a light infantry screen in the forward fortifications with the bulk of the forces held back to conduct a massive counterattack against the main Israeli advance when identified, and ordered a forward defense of the Sinai.[28] In the meantime, he continued to take actions intended to increase the level of mobilization of Egypt, Syria and Jordan, in order to bring pressure on Israel.

Syria's army had a total strength of 75,000 and amassed them along the Syrian border.[29] Jordan's army had 55,000 troops,[30] including 300 tanks along the Jordanian border, 250 of which were US M48 Patton, sizable amounts of M113 APCs, a new battalion of mechanized infantry, and a paratrooper battalion trained in the new US-built school. They also had 12 battalions of artillery and six batteries of 81 mm and 120 mm mortars.[31]

Documents captured by the Israelis from various Jordanian command posts record orders from the end of May for the Hashemite Brigade to capture Ramot Burj Bir Mai'in in a night raid, codenamed "Operation Khaled". The aim was to establish a bridgehead together with positions in Latrun for an armored capture of Lod and Ramle. The "go" codeword was Sa'ek and end was Nasser. The Jordanians also planned for the capture of Motza and Sha'alvim in the strategic Jerusalem Corridor. Motza was tasked to Infantry Brigade 27 camped near Ma'ale Adummim: "The reserve brigade will commence a nighttime infiltration onto Motza, will destroy it to the foundation, and won't leave a remnant or refugee from among its 800 residents".[31]

100 Iraqi tanks and an infantry division were readied near the Jordanian border. Two squadrons of fighter-aircraft, Hawker Hunters and MiG 21 respectively, were rebased adjacent to the Jordanian border.[31]

On June 2, Jordan called up all reserve officers, and the West Bank commander met with community leaders in Ramallah to request assistance and cooperation for his troops during the war, assuring them that "in 3 days we'll be in Tel-Aviv".[31]

The Arab air forces themselves were aided by volunteer pilots from the Pakistan Air Force acting in independent capacity, as well as some aircraft from Libya, Algeria, Morocco, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia to make up for the massive losses suffered on the first day of the war.[32]
                    Israeli preparations

Before the war, Israeli pilots and ground crews had trained extensively in rapid refitting of aircraft returning from sorties, enabling a single aircraft to sortie up to four times a day (as opposed to the norm in Arab air forces of one or two sorties per day). This enabled the IAF to send several attack waves against Egyptian airfields on the first day of the war, overwhelming the Egyptian Air Force, and also allowed it to knock out other Arab air forces on the same day. This also has contributed to the Arab belief that the IAF was helped by foreign air forces (see below). Pilots were also extensively schooled about their targets, and were forced to memorize every single detail. They also rehearsed the attack numerous times on dummy runways.

The Egyptians had constructed fortified defenses in the Sinai. These designs were based on the assumption that an attack would come from the few roads leading through the desert, rather than the difficult desert terrain. The Israelis chose not to risk attacking the Egyptian defenses head-on, and instead to surprise them from an unexpected direction. They had practiced driving vehicles through soft dunes in the Negev, and discovered that vehicles would get greater maneuverability in desert terrain if tires were partially deflated. As a result, they could choose their angle of attack, and advance through areas the Egyptians least expected. In order to keep the performance of Israeli soldiers high in the heat of the Sinai desert, the Israeli army ordered that soldiers be supplied with one liter of water every hour, rather than the previous one liter per day. As a result, soldiers were able to perform better than their Egyptian counterparts.

In order to strike the Golan Heights, the Mossad (Israeli secret service) had sent agent Eli Cohen to infiltrate the Syrian government, where he exploited his high-ranking position to provide crucial intelligence. Feigning sympathy for Syrian soldiers, he ordered trees planted by every Syrian emplacement to shade them. These trees were later used as targeting markers by the Israelis. Intelligence had also revealed where the most difficult terrain was, so a route of attack was chosen that would both avoid natural tank traps and surprise the Syrians. In order to successfully storm the Syrian bunkers, the Israelis utilized the Uzi submachine gun, which was more suitable for close combat than the AK-47, the standard weapon of the Syrian Army.[33]

The Israeli army had a total strength, including reservists, of 264,000, though this number could not be sustained, as the reservists were vital to civilian life.[34] James Reston, writing in the New York Times on May 23, 1967, noted, "In discipline, training, morale, equipment and general competence his [Nasser's] army and the other Arab forces, without the direct assistance of the Soviet Union, are no match for the Israelis... Even with 50,000 troops and the best of his generals and air force in Yemen, he has not been able to work his way in that small and primitive country, and even his effort to help the Congo rebels was a flop."[35]

On the evening of June 1, Israeli Minister of Defense Moshe Dayan called Chief of Staff Yitzhak Rabin and the GOC, Southern Command Brigadier General Yeshayahu Gavish to present plans against Egypt. Rabin had formulated a plan in which Southern Command would fight its way to the Gaza Strip and then hold the territory and its people hostage until Egypt agreed to reopen the Straits of Tiran; while Gavish had a more comprehensive plan that called for the destruction of Egyptian forces in the Sinai. Rabin favored Gavish's plan, which was then endorsed by Dayan with the caution that a simultaneous offensive against Syria should be avoided.

4. DannyMaio profile image61

Preliminary air attack
                    Main article: Operation Focus

Israel's first and most critical move was a surprise attack on the Egyptian Air Force. Egypt had by far the largest and the most modern of all the Arab air forces, consisting of about 420 combat aircraft,[37] all of them Soviet-built and with a heavy quota of top-of-the line MiG-21 capable of attaining Mach 2 speed. Initially, both Egypt and Israel announced that they had been attacked by the other country.[h]

Of particular concern to the Israelis were the 30 Tu-16 “Badger” medium bombers, capable of inflicting heavy damage on Israeli military and civilian centers.[38] On June 5 at 7:45 Israeli time, as civil defense sirens sounded all over Israel, the Israeli Air Force (IAF) launched Operation Focus (Moked). All but 12 of its nearly 200 operational jets[39] left the skies of Israel in a mass attack against Egypt's airfields.[40] The Egyptian defensive infrastructure was extremely poor, and no airfields were yet equipped with hardened aircraft shelters capable of protecting Egypt's warplanes. Most of the Israeli warplanes headed out over the Mediterranean Sea, flying low to avoid radar detection, before turning toward Egypt. Others flew over the Red Sea.[41] Meanwhile, the Egyptians hindered their own defense by effectively shutting down their entire air defense system: they were worried that rebel Egyptian forces would shoot down the plane carrying Field Marshal Abdel Hakim Amer and Lt-Gen. Sidqi Mahmoud, who were en route from al Maza to Bir Tamada in the Sinai to meet the commanders of the troops stationed there. In any event, it did not make a great deal of difference as the Israeli pilots came in below Egyptian radar cover and well below the lowest point at which its SA-2 surface-to-air missile batteries could bring down an aircraft.[42] Although the powerful Jordanian radar facility at Ajlun detected waves of aircraft approaching Egypt and reported the code word for "war" up the Egyptian command chain, Egyptian command and communications problems prevented the warning from reaching the targeted airfields.[41] The Israelis employed a mixed attack strategy: bombing and strafing runs against planes parked on the ground, themselves, and bombing the runways with special tarmac-shredding penetration bombs developed jointly with France to disable them and leave surviving aircraft unable to take off. The runway at the El Arish airfield was spared, as the Israelis expected to turn it into a military airport for their transports after the war. The surviving aircraft were later taken out by several more attack waves. The operation was more successful than expected, catching the Egyptians by surprise and destroying virtually all of the Egyptian Air Force on the ground, with few Israeli losses. A total of 338 Egyptian aircraft were destroyed and 100 pilots were killed,[43] although the number of aircraft actually lost by the Egyptians is disputed.[44] Among the Egyptian planes lost were all 30 Tu-16 bombers, as well as 27 out of 40 Il-28 bombers, 12 Su-7 fighter-bombers, over 90 MiG-21s, 20 MiG-19s, 25 MiG-17 fighters, and around 32 assorted transport planes and helicopters. The Israelis lost 19 planes, including two destroyed in air-to-air combat and 13 downed by anti-aircraft artillery.[45] The attack guaranteed Israeli air superiority for the rest of the war.

Following the success of the initial attack waves against the major Egyptian airfields and subsequent air raids, attacks were carried out that afternoon against Israel by the Jordanian, Syrian, and Iraqi air forces. Subsequent attacks against Egyptian, Jordanian, Syrian, and Iraqi fields destroyed most of their air forces. By the evening of the first day, the Jordanian air force was wiped out, losing over 20 Hawker Hunter fighters, as well as six transport aircraft and two helicopters. The Syrian Air Force lost some 32 MiG 21s, and 23 MiG-15 and MiG-17 fighters, and two Ilyushin Il-28 bombers, two-thirds of its fighting strength. Ten Iraqi Air Force aircraft were destroyed at H3 base in western Iraq by an Israeli airstrike which included 12 out of 20 MiG-21s, two MiG-17s, five Hunter F6s, and three Il-28 bombers. A lone Iraqi Tu-16 bomber was shot down earlier that day by Israeli anti-aircraft fire while attempting to bomb Tel Aviv. On the morning of June 6, 1967, a Lebanese Hunter, one of 12 Lebanon had, was shot down over the Lebanon/Israel border by an Israeli Mirage IIICJ piloted by Uri Even-Nir.[46]

By nightfall, Israel said it destroyed 416 Arab aircraft, while losing 26 of its own in the first two days of the war. Israeli aircraft shot down included six out of 72 of its Mirage IIICJ fighters, four out of its 24 Super Mystère fighters, eight out of 60 Mystère IVA ground attack aircraft, four out of 40 Ouragan ground attack aircraft, and five out of 25 of its Vautour II medium bombers. Twelve Israeli pilots were killed, five wounded, and four captured. The numbers of Arab aircraft claimed destroyed by Israel were at first regarded as "greatly exaggerated" by the Western press. However, the fact that the Egyptian, Jordanian, and other Arab air forces made practically no appearance for the remaining days of the conflict proved that the numbers were most likely authentic. Throughout the war, Israeli aircraft continued strafing Arab airfield runways to prevent their return to usability. Meanwhile, Egyptian state-run radio had reported an Egyptian victory, falsely claiming that 70 Israeli planes had been downed on the first day of fighting.[47]
                    Gaza Strip and Sinai Peninsula
                    Conquest of Sinai. June 5-June 6, 1967
                    Conquest of Sinai. June 7-June 8, 1967

The Egyptian forces consisted of seven divisions: four armored, two infantry, and one mechanized infantry. Overall, Egypt had around 100,000 troops and 900-950 tanks in the Sinai, backed by 1,100 APCs and 1,000 artillery pieces.[48] This arrangement was thought to be based on the Soviet doctrine, where mobile armor units at strategic depth provide a dynamic defense while infantry units engage in defensive battles.

Israeli forces concentrated on the border with Egypt included six armored brigades, one infantry brigade, one mechanized infantry brigade, three paratrooper brigades, giving a total of around 70,000 men and 700 tanks, who were organized in three armored divisions. The Israeli plan was to surprise the Egyptian forces in both timing (the attack exactly coinciding with the IAF strike on Egyptian airfields), location (attacking via northern and central Sinai routes, as opposed to the Egyptian expectations of a repeat of the 1956 war, when the IDF attacked via the central and southern routes) and method (using a combined-force flanking approach, rather than direct tank assaults).

The northernmost Israeli division, consisting of three brigades and commanded by Major General Israel Tal, one of Israel's most prominent armor commanders, advanced slowly through the Gaza Strip and El-Arish. Egyptian forces in Gaza fiercely resisted the Israeli advance, with some of the fiercest resistance coming from the 20th Palestinian Division, commanded by Gaza's Egyptian military governor. The Israelis gradually dislodged the Egyptians from their positions, and an airstrike wiped out their high command. The Israelis captured the territory after two days of difficult breakthrough battles, having suffered heavy casualties and vehicle losses. Egyptian casualties totalled 2,000 dead. The Israelis then penetrated into the Sinai towards El-Arish, which was captured only after a fierce battle took place along the approaches to the city, in which all Egyptian forces were either destroyed, dispersed, or captured.[49]

The central division (Maj. Gen. Avraham Yoffe) and the southern division (Maj. Gen. Ariel Sharon), however, entered the heavily defended Abu-Ageila-Kusseima region, leading to what is known as the Battle of Abu-Ageila. Egyptian forces there included one infantry division (the 2nd), a battalion of tank destroyers and a tank regiment, formed of Soviet WW2 armor, which included 90 T-34-85 tanks (with 85 mm guns), 22 SU-100 tank destroyers (with 100 mm guns), and about 16,000 men,[50] while the Israelis had a man-power of about 14,000, and 150 post-WW2 tanks including the AMX-13 with 90 mm guns, Centurions, and M50 Super Shermans (modified M-4 Sherman tanks).

Sharon initiated an attack, precisely planned, coordinated and carried out. He sent two of his brigades to the north of Um-Katef, the first one to break through the defenses at Abu-Ageila to the south, and the second to block the road to El-Arish and to encircle Abu-Ageila from the east. At the same time, a paratrooper force was airlifted by helicopter to the rear of the defensive positions and attacked the Egyptian artillery. Although the paratroopers' plans quickly fell apart, the confusion sown among the artillery crews helped to slow but not quite stop artillery fire.[51] Combined forces of armor, paratroopers, infantry, artillery, and combat engineers then attacked the Egyptian positions from the front, flanks and rear, cutting the enemy off. The breakthrough battles, which were in sandy areas and minefields, continued for three and a half days until Abu-Ageila fell. About 4,000 Egyptian soldiers were killed, and losses in military hardware were heavy, including 40 tanks. The Israelis lost a total of 33 men and 19 tanks.

At the same time, Israeli forces attacked El Arish, Um-Katef, and Jebel Libni, and Bir Gafgafa areas, capturing the cities as well as a number of fortified towns. They met fierce resistance and took losses, but inflicted heavy material losses and casualties on the Egyptians. As well as numerous armored battles which saw Israeli armor defeat numerically superior Egyptian armor, many Egyptian tanks were also knocked out by Israeli infantry carrying anti-tank weapons. An independent Israeli armored brigade also captured an Egyptian outpost at Kunitla.

During the ground fighting, remnants of the Egyptian Air Force attacked Israeli ground forces, but took losses from the Israeli Air Force and from Israeli anti-aircraft units. Throughout the last four days, Egyptian aircraft flew 150 sorties against Israeli units in the Sinai.

Many of the Egyptian units remained intact and could have tried to prevent the Israelis from reaching the Suez Canal or engaged in combat in the attempt to reach the canal. However, when the Egyptian Minister of Defense, Field Marshal Abdel Hakim Amer heard about the fall of Abu-Ageila, he panicked and ordered all units in the Sinai to retreat. This order effectively meant the defeat of Egypt.

As Egyptian columns retreated, Israeli aircraft attacked them, using napalm bombs. The attacks destroyed hundreds of vehicles and caused heavy casualties. Due to the Egyptians' retreat, the Israeli High Command decided not to pursue the Egyptian units but rather to bypass and destroy them in the mountainous passes of West Sinai. Therefore, in the following two days (June 6 and 7), all three Israeli divisions (Sharon and Tal were reinforced by an armored brigade each) rushed westwards and reached the passes. Sharon's division first went southward then westward to Mitla Pass with air support. It was joined there by parts of Yoffe's division, while its other units blocked the Gidi Pass. These passes became killing grounds for the Egyptians, who ran right into waiting Israeli positions and suffered heavy losses. Tal's units stopped at various points to the length of the Suez Canal.

The Israeli Navy landed six combat divers to infiltrate Alexandria harbor. The divers sank an Egyptian minesweeper before being taken prisoner.

Israel's blocking action was partially successful. Only the Gidi pass was captured before the Egyptians approached it, but at other places, Egyptian units managed to pass through and cross the canal to safety. Due to the haste of the Egyptian retreat, soldiers often abandoned weapons or military equipment, as well as hundreds of vehicles. Many Egyptian soldiers were cut off from their units had to walk about 200 kilometers through by foot before reaching the Suez Canal with limited supplies of food and water and were exposed to intense heat. Thousands of soldiers died as a result. Many Egyptian soldiers chose instead to surrender to the Israelis.

On June 8, Israel had completed the capture of the Sinai by sending infantry units to Ras-Sudar on the western coast of the peninsula. Sharm El-Sheikh, at its southern tip, had already been taken a day earlier when light boats of the Israeli Navy landed paratroopers.

Several tactical elements made the swift Israeli advance possible: first, the surprise attack that quickly gave the Israeli Air Force complete air superiority over its Egyptian counterpart; second, the determined implementation of an innovative battle plan; third, the lack of coordination among Egyptian troops. These factors would prove to be decisive elements on Israel's other fronts as well.
                    West Bank
                    See also: Jordanian campaign (1967)
                    The Jordan salient. June 5–7

Jordan was reluctant to enter the war. Nasser used the obscurity of the first hours of the conflict to convince Hussein that he was victorious; he claimed as evidence a radar sighting of a squadron of Israeli aircraft returning from bombing raids in Egypt which he said was an Egyptian aircraft en route to attacking Israel.[52] One of the Jordanian brigades stationed in the West Bank was sent to the Hebron area in order to link with the Egyptians. Hussein decided to attack.

The Jordanian Armed Forces included 11 brigades totalling some 55,000 troops, equipped with some 300 modern Western tanks. Of these, nine brigades (45,000 troops, 270 tanks, 200 artillery pieces) were deployed in the West Bank, including elite armored 40th, and two in the Jordan Valley. The Jordanian Army, then known as the Arab Legion, was a long-term-service, professional army, relatively well-equipped and well-trained. Furthermore, Israeli post-war briefings said that the Jordanian staff acted professionally as well, but was always left "half a step" behind by the Israeli moves. The small Royal Jordanian Air Force consisted of only 24 British-made Hawker Hunter fighters, six transports, and two helicopters. According to the Israelis, the Hawker Hunter was essentially on par with the French-built Dassault Mirage III - the IAF's best plane.[53]

Against Jordan's forces on the West Bank, Israel deployed about 40,000 troops and 200 tanks (8 brigades).[54] Israeli Central Command forces consisted of five brigades. The first two were permanently stationed near Jerusalem and were called the Jerusalem Brigade and the mechanized Harel Brigade. Mordechai Gur's 55th paratrooper brigade was summoned from the Sinai front. An armored brigade was allocated from the General Staff reserve and advanced toward Ramallah, capturing Latrun in the process. The 10th armored brigade was stationed north of the West Bank Region. The Israeli Northern Command provided a division (3 brigades) led by Maj. Gen. Elad Peled, which was stationed to the north of the West Bank, in the Jezreel Valley.

The IDF's strategic plan was to remain on the defensive along the Jordanian front, to enable focus in the expected campaign against Egypt. However, on the morning of June 5, the Jordanian Army began shelling targets in West Jerusalem, Netanya, Kfar Saba, and the outskirts of Tel Aviv.[55] The Royal Jordanian Air Force and Iraqi Air Force bombed Israeli airfields and civilian targets. Several Jordanian planes and an Iraqi Tupolev Tu-16 bomber were shot down. The attacks killed one person and wounded seven, and destroyed a transport plane. Israel sent a message promising not to initiate any action against Jordan if it stayed out of the war. King Hussein replied that it was too late, "the die was cast".[56] On the evening of June 5, the Israeli cabinet convened to decide what to do; Yigal Allon and Menahem Begin argued that this was an opportunity to take the Old City of Jerusalem, but Eshkol decided to defer any decision until Moshe Dayan and Yitzhak Rabin could be consulted.[57] Uzi Narkis made a number of proposals for military action, including the capture of Latrun, but the cabinet turned him down. The Israeli military only commenced action after Jordanian forces made thrusts in the area of Jerusalem.

Jordanian troops seized the Government House compound, used as the headquarters for the UN observers in a Demilitarized zone since the 1949 Armistice Agreements. In addition, the Jordanians opened a heavy artillery barrage on western Jerusalem, as well as targeting the center of the country, using American-made Long Tom guns.[58][59] Israeli civilian casualties reached a total of 20 killed and 1,000 wounded, and over 900 buildings were damaged.[60]

At the UN Security Council meeting of June 5, 1967 Secretary-General U Thant reported that:

"at 1330 hours local time today approximately one company of Jordanian soldiers occupied the garden of the Government House.

"General Bull later informed me by an emergency message that Jordanian troops had not with-drawn and were demanding to enter Government House itself and had demanded that no telephone calls be made from Government House. Firing was continuing and mortar shells were now landing within the Government House compound. United Nations Headquarters lost radio contact with UNTSO headquarters in Jerusalem at 0852 hours New York time, at which time Jordanian troops occupied Government House1/. This also means that United Nations Headquarters has lost direct contact with headquarters UNEF, whose messages are routed through UNTSO."

1/ it is to be noted that the report that Jordanian troops had "occupied" Government House was originally based on incomplete information owing to a communicaitons [sic] breakdown caused by the events in the Government House area. On the basis of a review of events and a checking with the Chief of Staff of UNTSO, it was later determined that the actual facts as regards the reported entry of Jordanian troops into Government House on 5 June 1967 were as follows: at approximately 1445 hours local time, three Jordanian soldiers entered Government House over the protest of UNTSO, but were persuaded by UNTSO staff to leave the building after about ten minutes.[61]

On June 6, Israeli units were scrambled to attack Jordanian forces in the West Bank. In the afternoon of that same day, the Israeli Air Force (IAF) attacked Jordan's two airfields as planes were refueling. Jordan's remaining Hawker Hunter fighters, as well as its six transports and two helicopters, were destroyed, while the Israelis lost a Mystere to anti-aircraft fire. By the evening of that day, Jordanian forces had been pushed back by Israeli armored and infantry assaults and airstrikes after hours of heavy fighting.[62] The Jerusalem Brigade moved south of Jerusalem, while the mechanized Harel Brigade and Mordechai Gur's paratroopers encircled it from the north. The reserve paratroop brigade completed the Jerusalem encirclement in the Battle of Ammunition Hill, in which 71 Jordanian and 37 Israeli soldiers were killed, and the strategic hill was captured. To the north of the city, Israeli searchlights located Jordanian artillery and mortar positions, which were hit one by one.[62] Fearing damage to holy places and having to fight in built-up areas, Dayan ordered his troops not to enter the city itself.[57]

On June 7, heavy fighting ensued. The Israeli infantry brigade attacked the fortress at Latrun, capturing it at daybreak, and advanced through Beit Horon towards Ramallah. The Harel brigade continued its push to the mountainous area of northwest Jerusalem, linking the Mount Scopus campus of Hebrew University with the city of Jerusalem. Radar Hill was captured by the Harel Brigade in a fierce battle which left eight Jordanians and one Israeli dead. By the evening, the brigade arrived in Ramallah. Israeli Air Force Fouga Magister jets destroyed the 60th Jordanian Brigade, en route from Jericho to reinforce Jerusalem.

In the north, one battalion from Peled's division was sent to check Jordanian defenses in the Jordan Valley. A brigade belonging to Peled's division captured the western part of the West Bank, another captured Jenin after fierce fighting which saw heavy losses for both sides, and the third (equipped with light French AMX-13s) engaged and defeated Jordanian M48 Patton main battle tanks to the east.
                    IDF Paratroopers at Jerusalem's Western Wall shortly after its capture.[a]

Dayan had ordered his troops not to enter East Jerusalem; however, upon hearing that the UN was about to declare a ceasefire, he changed his mind, and without cabinet clearance, decided to capture it.[57] Gur's paratroopers entered the Old City of Jerusalem via the Lion's Gate, and captured the Western Wall and the Temple Mount. The intense battle for the Old City was fought mostly by paratroopers, who fought the Jordanian defenders street-by-street. The Israeli High Command had ordered the IDF not to use heavy armor in the Old City - since this was an area holy to Judaism, the Israeli government wanted to leave it intact. After the city fell, the Jerusalem Brigade reinforced the paratroopers, and continued to the south, capturing Judea and Gush Etzion. Hebron was taken without any resistance, and Arab residents, afraid of retaliation for the 1929 Hebron massacre, flew white sheets from the windows and rooftops.[63] The Harel Brigade proceeded eastward, descending to the Jordan River.

Israeli forces also attacked Bethlehem, with infantry moving behind tanks. The city was captured after a brief battle which left some 40 Jordanian soldiers dead, with the remainder fleeing. Care was exercised so as not to damage holy sites.

In the West Bank, one of Peled's brigades seized Nablus; then it joined one of Central Command's armored brigades to fight the Jordanian forces; as the Jordanians held the advantage of superior equipment and were equal in numbers to the Israelis.

Again, the air superiority of the IAF proved paramount as it immobilized the enemy, leading to its defeat. One of Peled's brigades joined with its Central Command counterparts coming from Ramallah, and the remaining two blocked the Jordan river crossings together with the Central Command's 10th. The 10th crossed the Jordan river onto the East Bank to provide cover for Israeli combat engineers while they blew the Abdullah and Hussein bridges, but quickly pulled back due to American pressure.

No specific decision had been made to capture any other territories controlled by Jordan. After the Old City was captured, Dayan told his troops to dig in to hold it. When an armored brigade commander entered the West Bank on his own initiative, and stated that he could see Jericho, Dayan ordered him back. It was only after intelligence reports indicated that Hussein had withdrawn his forces across the Jordan River that Dayan ordered his troops to capture the West Bank.[59] According to Narkis:

First, the Israeli government had no intention of capturing the West Bank. On the contrary, it was opposed to it. Second, there was not any provocation on the part of the IDF. Third, the rein was only loosened when a real threat to Jerusalem's security emerged. This is truly how things happened on June 5, although it is difficult to believe. The end result was something that no one had planned.[

2. profile image0

Also, because you don't condone Israel acting in any manner they can think of, doesn't mean you are an anti-semite. In fact, that is pretty poor logic bordering on slander in that it is so baseless.

Tell me about it!
                    From one side of their mouth comes; "How dare you call me a racist!"
                    From the other side comes this: "You Jew-hating anti-semite!"

Same old MO. Me good--you bad.
                    Me righteous, you wrong.
                    Me American, you America-Hater.

GOD--Obama couldn't have kissed Binnie's butt more. I think the only thing that would have satisfied them is if the pres put a crown on Bibiguns head and said: "My King."

3. dutchman1951 profile image62
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

DTR, we have indeed steped on the Palestinians Land rights, I agree

1. uncorrectedvision profile image59

You do understand there are Arab Muslim and Christian citizens in Israel, that they own property and business and vote?  That there are elected officials in Israel who are not Jews but Christians and Muslims?  You do know that Jerusalem was a majority Jewish city in the mid-19th century?  You do know that as soon as the creation of Israel was announced Jews were forcibly expelled from Muslim countries all over the Middle East an told to go there?  You do know that Muslims in the new state were offered the chance to join it but some refused because they couldn't stomach living with Jews actually having legal, economic and political rights?

The gigantic misinformation gobbled up wholesale as if the propaganda was fact by people who claim intellectual objectivity frightens me.  Just another reason why I say we are finished as a free people.  The Palestinians will never accept peace because their interests aren't served by peace.  If it was there would be peace.  Every peace accord since the late 70' has been violated by Hamas, (Barry's Buddys) the PLO, or Fatah.  Any future agreement will have the same results.  Israel will give something real, land, for something intangible, peace, and have the intangible snatched any by people whose sole desire is the re-sunjugation of the Jews.

Do not think it ends there.  Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the current plight of Christians in Palestinian territory or throughout the Muslim world for that matter.  These are Christian sect who have occupied the Middle East since the time of Jesus.  Take a look at the history of the PLO and Yassir Arrafat's slaughter of Christians in Lebanon before thinking that the Palestinians are some poor helpless children who require American liberals to rescue them from those big bad Israelis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

http://www.jewishjournal.com/opinion/ar … _20110323/

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/Jewish … x?id=82191

http://dsclick.infospace.com/ClickHandl … 34728FCC76

http://www.navyseals.com/muslim-brother … d-al-qaeda

http://www.meforum.org/702/the-hell-of- … e-paradise

^ *James Rainey (2008-10-30). "McCain, Palin demand L.A. Times release Obama video" Los Angeles Times.

Sol Stern and Fred Siegel (2005-02-04). "Mideast Parley Takes Ugly Turn At Columbia U."  New York Sun.

Michael Dobbs (2008-10-30). "John McCain's 'Trick or Treat'?"Washington Post.

Khalidi of the PLO, Martin Kramer [3]

So busted! Ron Kampeas• November 3, 2008 [4]

Thomas Lippman Washington Post [5]

Akiva Eldar (2008-06-12). "Obama's 'Palestinian friend' laments catastrophic U.S. policy in Mideast" Haaretz.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image67

Please explain why it's okay for Israel to have nuclear weapons but not okay for Iran or other countries?

Does Israel have nukes?  They have never publicly claimed to have them.  All the other nuclear powers claim their status.  Think about the implications of your question in light of the yearly holiday celebrated in Iran, "Death to America Day."  Isn't that enough of an answer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRjG36WGvWM

If that is not enough how about this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3642 … -Iran.html

Israel has been invaded before and has not employed nukes.  Will Iran use nukes against the American Fleet in the Indian Ocean?  Or against Tel Aviv?  Or against Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, India?  Who would Israel use their nukes against.

How about that thought exercise again.  If the Israelis were totally disarmed what would happen?  If the Muslims were totally disarmed what would happen?  Can you be objective enough to embrace the answer?  History has already taught us this lesson.

great post!

2. lovemychris profile image80

The only reason we know about the nukes is because of a journalist named Mordechai Fenunu(?).
                He spent 9 years in an Israeli prison for telling us too....SOME Democracy!

They denied (lied) it all along, until he proved it---
                Their spy Pollard (against USA) never was punished was he?
                Jane Harman---she gave secrets to Israel.....nothing.

Give it up.

Likud is a rogue regime having NOTHING to do with the people of Israel...much like the Baglicans in Congress have NOTHING to do with Americans like me!

Defend the indefensible....if they were after YOUR home--you'd fight and call it justified!

I just posted true history documented! and you refuse to believe it. That says a lot about your beliefs. you can not have a real conversation with you because you have a one track mind and can not accept truth even if it smashes straight against your face? jews have been in what is called Israel today for thousands of years! so if you want to use your mindset it was theirs first anyway before they were kicked out and killed! can not have it both ways.

I usually don't read your comments.
                    Over-the-top rhetoric is not my thing.

Error correction: He received a life sentence in 1987.

3. uncorrectedvision profile image59

Pollard is serving a life sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard

If Israel considered having nukes a military secret than it sounds reasonably tame that they imprisoned him.  He could have been put to death in other places or other times for publishing an important defense secret -  ask the Rosenbergs.

A life sentence?? That seems quite harsh.
                    Maybe there is something more to it....

and:

Dan Stewart--
                    Israel possesses nuclear weapons (in violation of internatio­nal law).
                    2a. Israel refuses to sign and comply with NPT.
                    3a. Israel refuses IAEA inspection­s.

Mordechai was doing the world a favor!

Criminal regimes must be taken down.

Jane Harman...oh, the tangled webs!! and memories.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpRvj-JRV00

It's not a secret that Israel has nuclear weapons.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
              Vladimir Uhriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ralph: Because Israeli do not have suicide bombers and did not want to destroy other countries.

Yes, they do, and they have and they are destroying another country.

You sir, are awesome. I love coming here. I learn many new things every day.

4. profile image0

I thought it was cool too.  It was high time someone taught Obama the facts of life.  All our most prestigious leaders in the U.S. haven't had the guts to yet.

And Netanyahu certainly is more like Presidential material than Obama, even though Netanyahu definitely isn't eligible for U.S. Office.

:-)
        True. A conservative needs to emerge. It isn't Romney. It isn't Daniels. It isn't (regrettably) Gingrich.

2. profile image0

I said this, and I still believe it.

However, I watched a speech of Netanyahu's after that.
        And.....he's too "politically correct" too.  I couldn't believe he, a Jew, would pander to the gay agenda!   But indeed he did.

So, while I respect Israel (and Netanyahu quite a lot), he would only barely beat out Obama as far as good leadership on the moral issues.

5. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
      6hotfingers3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are all entitled to our opinions. President Obama has done more for this country in the past two plus years than any President in history. I would vote for him again if given the opportunity. I truly feel  he is trying to give all Americans a fair shake and not just a few highly influential power hogs. By no means is President  Obama incompetent.

I think you have made a grammatical error.  He has done more "to" the country not "for" the country.  I see nothing of any lasting merit that he has done.  Enlighten me.  The assassination of Bin Laden, though satisfying, has no long term, positive consequences.  Other than violating Pakistani sovereignty to kill a fading terrorist what has he done?  Get us involved in yet another war?

That is not quite correct. It should read". . .has done more to this country. . ."

You will get your chance. Fortunately, it will be a wasted vote. Many Americans are awake now. And "it is still the economy, stupid."

Well, okay. Should any president be in the business of picking winners and losers? How is that any different than any other dictatorship? Have you heard of the US Constitution? Have your read it? Can you point out for me the place where it says, "The President shall be allowed to pick winners and losers."

3. elenox profile image60
        elenoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about the special treatment towards unions or the waivers to his own healthcare bill that he is passing out like candy?  What about the interesting malice he is showing towards Libya for firing on their own citizens, but the silence towards Syria that is doing the same.  How about aid for disasters in Mexico but not for Texas (punishment for not voting for him---next time either)?  Or the want to love the Arab spring taking place in Egypt etc, but when Iran was having uprisings there was silence.  Or maybe how he sues Arizona for wanting to protect its' citizens from the growing danger of illegal immigration and drug cartel violence?  Interesting to see how he has done "so much" for America" and not had his own political "power hogs" to answer to, huh?

What "special treatments toward unions" are you talking about?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

How many lies can you fit into one post?  Each of your assertions-supplied by the Koch media empire-has been has been thoroughly scrutinized and debunked, yet you continue to regurgitate them.

The Goebbels strategy does not work in the modern, information-based age.  You'll have to try something else.

Blah, blah, blah - argument by contradiction and accusation.  How about a little documented refutation since every contention has been scrutinized and debunked.

1. John Holden profile image60
              John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about taking a little of your own advice?
              Read about Hitler and then read about socialism and then you'll have to stop this stupid contention that Hitler was a socialist.

I don't contend that Hitler was a socialist.  I said Fascism is a liberal idea I did not say Nazis are socialists.  It is a political and economic structure that centralizes authority seeking to command all aspects of a society.  Sounds like a liberal notion to me akin to Communist, Democrat or Socialist ideas.

I see nothing in the liberal or socialist or communist manifestos that call for a dictator.

The traits of fascism are right wing traits, opposed to liberalism and totally authoritarian. Opposed to democracy and chauvinist to boot.

Capitalism taken to extremes even.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image67

"Fascism is a liberal idea"???;Black is white and white is black. You have a peculiar definition of liberal and of fascism. Of course you probably consider Social Security, OSHA, Medicare, and civil rights laws fascist ideas.

6. bgamall profile image62

Sorry, Israel is not trying hard enough to make peace. They don't want peace. They need peace since Egypt could nuke them. Things are different now don't you understand? You have a radical revolution that the US needs to support, and then you have Israel doing nothing to ease tension.

I support the existence of Israel but not their foot dragging on the two state solution. Netanyahu is actually a very dumb guy. He is void of imagination and creativity.

If Likud wanted peace Israel would stop building more settlements on Palestinian land as the US and many other civilized nations have urged them to do. By continuing to build settlements on Palestinian land Israel provokes the most radical Palestinians who fire rockets which Israel cites as justification of it's atrocities in Gaza.

7. bgamall profile image62

You are anti American. My natural father was Jewish and I say Netanyahu was out of line.

Okay, you don't like Jewish people and the Israeli state. Noted.

Not "liking the current Israel" has nothing to do with not liking Jewish people. That is the same lame logic conservatives use claiming someone is "anti-American" if they don't tow the Republican Party line.

Well, there you go again. "I support the military but I hate their mission." "Some of my best friends are Jewish." "I hate Israel but I like Jewish people." "Israel should agree to national suicide, but I like Jewish people."
            People are anti-American to the degree they loath their country and seek to destroy it. The Left's leadership, president Obama, the no longer mainstream media are all anti-American. The rank and file Left (I am tossing in a little Union lingo there) are just "useful idiots".

Again, nearly half the Jews in the entire world live within the US and are not Israeli citizens so I will repeat what I said earlier with confidence: Not liking the current Zionist state of Israel has nothing to do with not liking Jewish people, Jewish culture, etc, etc. And obviously from your point of view, not supporting the current Israel is anti-American, correct? I make that leap of faith because, to no one's surprise, you have used this policy change to feather your on-going argument that the Obama Administration is somehow Anti-American.... So which state in the deep south do you call home Mr. Veritis?

Uh-huh.

How did you come to the conclusion that my objection to an American ally being stabbed in the back means not supporting Israel makes one anti-American? It reveals one's untrustworthiness. All of our allies are being driven away. One must wonder if anti-Americanism is behind the intentional effort to reduce our power and isolate us.

Not somehow. What else explains his actions?

How many times in the last twenty years have we stabbed an American ally in the back, or conversely, been stabbed in the back ourselves by an American ally? Get real..... as Henry Kissinger said, "we don't have friends, we have interests..."

England... not stabbed. Just snubbed.
                    Israel...
                    Those are the two recent ones.

Okay. How does it serve our interests to isolate ourselves? How does bullying Israel into national suicide help the US?

Tel Aviv.

8. Ralph Deeds profile image67

Seems to me Netanyahoo should show a little respect to our president in view of the $4 billion/year of US taxpayer's money that Israel gets every year. The Muslim world's perception of our close relationship with Israel is a significant source of anti-American attitudes and terrorism against the United States.

I think the opposite. The bully-in-chief was unable to bully this particular ally. I applauded Mr. Netanyahu's gentle rebuke of our pathetic, childish president.

I see. Our support of a representative democracy has the Muslim world's collective panties in a bunch. That is a wonderful reason to try to bully an ally. We want the Islamofascists to like us.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
          nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

only time will tell if Mr. Obama had any effect on Mr. Netanyahu and Israel. saying that he stood up to Obama is kind of foolish to say the least. what goes on in the media has nothing to do with what happens behind closed doors. it's called saving face where the media is conserned.

Gosh. I guess my own lying eyes deceived me.

Uh-huh. That is why our incompetent president received a history lesson and an example of statesmanship from Mr. Netanyahu on national television. I am with you.

9. plkshooter profile image66
      plkshooterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I personally do not like Obama, I feel his liberal views border communistic views. He is well spoken, that was his only qualification as far as his presidency is concerned. He charmed the people, while in fact he is incompetent and unfit to be commander and chief.

Your comment might be more convincing if you explained what Obama policies you disagree with and why rather than just calling him names.

You should practice what you preach dear Ralphy boy! Also I do not see where he called Obama any names????

He has socialist/marxist ways and is incompetent, Where is that name calling? It is so very true.

10. sam3m profile image60
      sam3mposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mr. v. - i wouldn't underestimate the prez' actions in this case.  that the palestinian/israeli problem will be resolved by the establishment of two states is clear.  what obama proposed was proposed by clinton and bush as well as a segment of the israeli media right now.  this is not an off-the-wall idea.
      might you be one of those people who believe that he can do nothing right?
      btw, if you think that calling someone a socialist/marxist isn't calling someone names, you might want to take a seat next to joe mccarthy.

Yes. If it wasn't for that pesky little state of Israel. Mr. Netanyahu says no to national suicide for the sake of appeasing our incompetent president. I believe him.

lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

"When it comes to pure evil, very few can compete with the Rothschilds and their gangster banking state of Israel. Nothing about that comment can be construed as anti-Semitic because there’s nothing Semitic about The Rothschilds or their agents; presently Binnie the Rat Nitwityahoo and his cadre of Satan worshipping shit-weasels. It’s long been known that at the Rothschilds dining table a chair is set aside for their master, Satan. The real Semitics are The Palestinians and there is no greater anti-Semitism than that practiced by The Israelis against The Palestinians."

http://profilesinevil.blogspot.com/2011 … yahoo.html

1. elenox profile image60
      elenoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You forgot to mention how big their noses are and how they would screw you for a penny.  Other than that you got most of the stereotypes covered pretty well.

Palestinians, as it were, didn't exist before they were called that by the British in the 20's.

You know, it is unfortunate for you evidently, that 6 million had to be wiped from the face of the earth so that they could be given a homeland somewhere to escape persecution.  Yet it is evidently their lot in life to persecute others.  Interesting mental gymnastics.

Stalin wiped 30 million off.
        American Colonialists....who's got the count?

You can't justify what Israel is doing to Palestine, no matter how much you bring up history, and smear those who don't like it;paint them as anti-semites....it's the oldest trick in the book.

SOMEBODY was living on that land, before they were kicked off and thrown away like garbage....they were called Palestinians because that's where they lived.

Israel didn't exist...get it right. Palestine was already there.

If you can justify Operation Cast Lead...you are no better than a Nazi, IMO. There--how you like the name-calling?

1. ReuVera profile image78
          ReuVeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"-Stalin wiped out nearly every opposer to his regime which included religious, political, and social leaders." This is a big difference from being murdered just because your race was not considered pure. Jew were murdered just for being Jews.

Do you really know WHAT Israel is doing to those Arabs who live in Gaza? You follow only the information that you want to see and hear, meaning misinformation. You have no idea (or you have, but don't want to recognize) how much humanitarian help, in goods and money Israel provides to Gaza. Which other country would help those who shed rockets on their peaceful towns??????

Oh, my..... you are absolutely misinformed, brainwashed and uneducated. Where do you get all this garbage? As Russian proverb says, "a pig will always find a dirt"

3. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

OLYHOOCH
    Ladylove
    Mr Veritis

All cut from the same mold.

They need to be sent back to the foundry for corrected casting.

Qwark  smile:

Damn! The coffee's good on a morning none of us are supposed to be here!

G'mornin brkfast clubbers  smile:

It's the 5th of June and by golly the ole dependable sun rose again, shining brightly upon and nurturing all life on earth!

Another silly human prediction shot to hell!

I'm gonna have the cookies and milk I left out for jesus, for brkfast.

Amen and amen...chuckle....slurppp!

Up and at'm Qwark.

Qwark

1. dutchman1951 profile image62

Hey Qwark, your right....good coffee, good company and yep  we all ducked the reaper!     lolol

2. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's the 5th of June and by golly the ole dependable sun rose again, shining brightly upon and nurturing all life on earth!
      according to Qwark,it's June 5th?
      maybe put your glasses on before reading the calendar,huh?
      smile

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok ok ...lololol  lol
        I f**ked up on the date...why? I dunno!  smile: I guess I was just so happy to be alive that my fingers did a jiggedy jog on the keyboard that came out wrong...
        I'm bent over pants down to my waist...do your thing with the paddleboard!  smile: I can take it!  smile:
        Qwark

NOT a pretty picture...

4. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Why don't we Americans understand that Presidents only reflect and are responsible for,... the actions of the other 3 arms of the "Republic for which "He" stands?"

THEY, make or break a president.

It's the "pot-calling-the-kettle-black. Why do I say that? Because it's a 2 party, "We-the-(scary)People" who vote them all into office...and keep on voting them back into office as they screw-up and fatten their wallets and retirements at the "peoples" expense!

Who's to blame? 'WE-THE-PEOPLE!"....DAMNIT!

My America is, unfortunate for all of us, "dumbed down!"

Qwark

5. earnestshub profile image72
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

2 things I noticed about this thread.
    Why would anyone enjoy seeing their President fail?
    And why be happy that he was taken to the woodshed?

I thought the incumbent President could expect support from all but the lobby group he is to confront, where he has little chance of success in convincing this powerful group of American Jews just like all the other President's have.

If he fails then America will survive. If he succeeds the nation ceases to be.

The one term president Obama is a Chicago thug, a bully. I am delighted that the bully took a beating, on television, no less. :-)

2. dutchman1951 profile image62

Earnest....your not supposed to use logic here!   smile

6. Gail Anthony profile image61
    Gail Anthonyposted 13 years ago

I am never pleased when an American leader is embarrassed on the foreign stage and can not understand why people would enjoy seeing it happen.  The President is repeatedly showing an inability to make the right call on the international front.  He definitely needs some strong people to provide better advice.  As Americans, we need to let our feelings known by writing and expressing our concerns instead of bitching like a bunch of drunks in a bar.  He will not read what is sent but the info is used to gauge public opinion.  Public opinion IS important. 

However small the number of Jews is in relation to the billions of Muslims,  I would want Israel to remain a strong country.  The proportion of Jews trying to harm my existence is much smaller than the number of Muslims trying to do the same.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% Gail. I believe that, regardless of party affiliation, once the President has been elected, the entire nation should give him their support. No man comes into the office intent on doing this nation harm (regardless of how the Bush admin was perceived) So, when the President fails, we fail. When the President looks bad, the nation looks bad.  We, here in the lower echelons, often forget that sometimes leaders also play to the cameras, and what you think you see is not what is really going on. Didn't see Netanyahu's send-up, but the Israelis are always nervous about our C.I.C.

Uh, and, incompetent from what yardstick? Bill Clinton? Bush 41? Ron Reagan? Certainly not the last Bush. If that was your comparison, then I'd hate to see your marks in school.

I find Obama to be a well informed, intelligent person. Well spoken and worldly. He is distinguished, fit, and looks real well sitting in the Oval. He seems to have an easy humour. The last guy couldn't pull a punch line outta his as...derriere. "Fool me once, shame on you...uh, we won't get fooled again!"??? What in the world? Obama shows respect and gets respect.

1. profile image0

You got fooled.  I bet you're in one of the 57 states too.  wink

Uh, what is your guy's first couple of names? The one term president I refer to is Barack Hussein. Clearly you have someone else in mind.

2. qwark profile image61

Gail:

"The President is repeatedly showing an inability to make the right call on the international front.  He definitely needs some strong people to provide better advice."

Pls offer what you think is better advice than that given by his cabinet which consists of some very bright powerful guys who have spent their lives working with world gov'ts.

Go for it, or better yet, try for a seat on his cabinet with your ideas of how the President should act and react.

OK?  smile:

Qwark

1. Gail Anthony profile image61
        Gail Anthonyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree that the president's cabinet is filled with highly intelligent people who are very capable of managing the offices with which they have been entrusted.  However, other than Hillary Clinton, the cabinet is not who advises the president on foreign affairs.  As of January, Obama has strong grades in foreign policy on European, Japanese, and Iranian affairs.  He had strong grades on Israeli-Palestinian affairs until his recent faux pas.  He stumbled badly with China during the economic summit because his team didn't prepare him as well as they should have.  He stubbed his toe on the Egyptian revolt and on his current Israeli-Palestinian announcement by not taking the time to personally speak or have Hillary meet with the leaders of those countries before taking to the airwaves.  I do not know if Obama is receiving bad advise or not heeding the advise he is given.  In either instance, if he surrounded himself with strong people, his issues would be minimized.

As far as serving in a cabinet position, the only office I am qualified to handle is HUD and I wouldn't be able to offer any advice on foreign affairs from that desk. tongue

Hillary did an "awesome job with Egypt, Syria and Libya - check it out.  Barry isn't the only incompetent in his administration.  You must be grading on a curve - a really really really skewed curve.

1. Gail Anthony profile image61
            Gail Anthonyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although I didn't mention Libya or Syria, and I have a very high opinion of Mrs. Clinton, I do not see where she has accomplished much of anything in either of those three countries.  She was the the first high level rep of any country to visit Egypt after Mubarak's departure, but it wasn't much more than a social call.  Acting as a messenger of official policy in Libya and Syria isn't the same as exhibiting her personal skills.  And there is no way to comment on unreported behind the scenes interaction.

2. qwark profile image61

G'mornin' Gail:
          let me put it this way, no disrespect to you.
          We all have our opinions concerning the actions and activities of those who govern us.
          Let me paraphrase Andrew Carnegie when he was asked what makes him such a smart businessman: Oh I'm not that smart, but I surround myself with those who are!
          You and I can only guess at what is going on "out of the sunshine" in politics.
          Politics is loaded with guile!
          You and I, the average guys, will never know the clandestine, under the table machinations those who govern nations are involved in.
          The President, as I've mentioned before so many times, is but the titular head of the nation. HE does not do what is done without majority agreement.
          He is an ego driven superstar!..a champion who wants to keep the belt!
          His/their reasons for doing what he/they do is and will remain a mystery to all of us.
          We can only bitch, complain and try to outhink those who govern and We will always be on the losing end.
          There is a reason for everything and in many ways We will be like the mushroom being kept in the dark and being fed bullshit.
          Qwark

I'm sure President Obama wants Israel to be a secure, strong and independent country at peace with Palestine. Yet Israel keeps fanning the flamss by building more settlements on Palestinian land and committing atrocities against Palestinian civilians. (Of course some of the Palestinians are continually provoking Israel by firing rockets at Israel.)

7. ForkArtJunkie profile image61
    ForkArtJunkieposted 13 years ago

Netanyahu needs to speak up for Israel. I don't really see it as "Obama being taken to the woodshed" -- I see it more that there is a dire need at this time to be open and honest. With so many that sincerely would like to see Israel destroyed, much is on the line, but I doubt he was intentionally trying to shame our President.

No, actually---we want someone to stop Israel from destroying Palestine!
      What's left of it...which isn't much.

Israel is NOT the victim here...no matter how much people like to portray that.

They are acting like rogue gangsters and need to be stopped.

Open your eyes. Their theft is nearly complete......with your blessing?

No--someone needs to stand up to them! The whole world has given them a pass long enough.

1. dutchman1951 profile image62

agree Chris, they have no right to knock on a door at 4:00pm and tell the Owner of the Home and the Land who inherited it from his family, passed down from generation to generation for several hundred years. That He and his Children must leave right now!

Then declare they have new paper proving he has no ownership rights.
        When they are across border and occupying land not theirs.

when a Few Hundred Thousand profit, and over a million starve, there can be no peace and no excuse of justice to defend.

I understand well Israel's right to a secure country, but they do not want to understand the Palestinian right to the same.

On one of my Field trips, In a Beruit Hotel bar one evening it was explained to me this way

" Remember Jon,  when the Antifada started we threw rocks, because we had no real interest in alienating the Goverment, just wake it up to all it's Citizens rights. When they grew deaf, we threw more rocks, and they answered us with Jets and Bombs.

But now....we throw rockets, to answer the Jets.  Because with their mindset like it is, there can be no peace.

On the West Concorse of the Beruit Airport there used to be a sign on the wall right near the Mens bathroom that  read
        'Vist Israel. Before, it visits you!"

If you stop and contemplate it for a min. Then looked at the unnecessary carnage there, You really could feel the reasons it was happening. An Eye Opener.

Mr. Netanyahu is a statesman. He was very gentle with the childish American president. The one term president Obama tried to bully an ally. The ally made it clear that the answer to the bullying was no.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61

He didn't try to bully anyone. He reminded Israel of the two-state solution. We endorse it for real and Israel endorses it as a country and a concentration camp.

8. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

A week ago Obama's Mideast peace envoy George Mitchell resigned.
    He seems to have really bad luck with people named George dumping impossible situations in his lap and we the (scary)people (good one, Qwark!) expect that he can just jump right in there and make everything right on a dime.
    Sorry, people.
    Instant gratification, as much as it rules our lives here in the U.S., is not gonna happen between Israelis and Palestinians.

I imagine we will eventually discover that he resigned rather than be a party to this "stab in the back" to our ally Israel.

Maybe it is him.

9. lovemychris profile image80

"Palestinians are the enemy. They don't have a place in Israel. Let them go to Jordan, to Egypt, to Saudi Arabia, to Syria..."

Whose enemy? Ours???

How so?

If you recall history, the Palestinians were kicked off their land to make room for European Jews.....

...so how do you figure Palestinans don't have a place there?
    There was no Israel until they were given Palestinian land.

Re-write, just like the neo-cons always do.

(and I know you don't speak to me--since I'm such a dunce, and it's SOOOO beneath you, but I'm just putting the point out there. You are utterly devoid of truth, IMO)

1. Jed Fisher profile image71
      Jed Fisherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Netanyahu bit the hand that feeds him. He was very rude, and that public rudeness cost him political capitol. It's like a little dog yapping at its owner, demanding beggin' strips. If that little dog gets too annoying, it might just get taken to the vet to get neutered. My solution for Israel is to hand that place an application for statehood and just ignore them until they fill it out and submit it to congress.

Awesome. Israel is not our ally. Israel is a yapping puppy. You are just as arrogant and demeaning as the one term president Obama.

On national TV the very childish one term president Obama is the one who got neutered. He deserved it.

There was an article saying that the Republicans don't want to win 2012 because there are too many tough issues. How nice, a party incompetent to govern.

Netanyahu needs to make the two state solution work, then if the Arabs don't want peace it will be clear who doesn't want peace. As it is the world hates Israel because their leaders refuse to follow the peace process they agreed to. It is a shame that Israel PR is so backward. They are an incredibly backward people when it comes to public relations. An occupation is an occupation.

Again, my natural father was Jewish. But I expect more out of Israel. What have they got to lose? As it is they are hated. But if they give two states they may not be hated. At least the world will know the score if Israel does the right thing. Then if the Arabs refuse peace it will be on their heads.

The problem is, our Congress is owned by AIPAC!!!
        As it is, Cantor wants the money we send to Israel to be on our permanant budget! WHAT?

Obama golfed while Operation Cast Lead was going on....with OUR white phosphorous! Made in America---
        No one did  A THING when the IDF shot an American kid in the back of the head!!

330 Congress people signed a letter stating they would support Israel no matter what....
        Something is horribly and weirdly wrong here.
        Aren't we an Independent country???

It is like Mind Kontrol.

Fact Check:Do you refer to this?

Furkan Dogan, the 19-year-old American citizen slain by Israeli commandos in the raid on the Gaza-bound flotilla May 31, was shot in the back and in the back of the head, as well as multiple times in the face.
          This is the conclusion of the autopsy conducted by the Turkish Council of Forensic Medicine, which also did autopsies on the eight other Turkish citizens killed in the Israeli raid on the Mavi Marmara ferry and five other smaller boats in the so-called Freedom Flotilla. Of the other eight dead, the medical examiners found that five had been shot in the back, or in the back of the head.

First, do you think this American "kid" as you put it had any business onboard an embargo busting vessel? And second, do you think the Turkish Council is completely above board with its autopsy reports?

I'll go with the reports of people who were there.
            and no, I don't feel like googling right now. Ken O'Keefe...he tells an excellent eye-witness account.

Anyone else shooting an American in the head would be considered an act of war...but of course, Israel gets away with murder on a daily basis.

They are not friends, in my opinion....Binnie the Rat uses America for her money and her soldiers. That's MO.

Another quandary. This kid, as you call him, was on a boat in a flotilla to break the blockade. Why was the blockade in place? To keep the local terrorist thugs from rearming. They have this thing for shooting rockets into Israel. Granted, it is just harmful fun. After all, what is 122 millimeters among enemies? After all, if one cannot have the pleasure of killing Israelis up close and all personal, the best thing is to fire rockets at them to watch them dance!

Does that about cover it Love?

That's not what I heard. I heard that the blockade was there because the Israeli gvt doesn't want any aid getting to Gaza. It's a slow, suffering genocide they're after. That's what I heard.

And suppose it was an Iranian soldier who killed an American? How would you feel then?

Or suppose it was an American soldier who killed an Israeli?

My guess is, in both scenarios, you would be advocating for justice.

Or, have you forgotten what that words means?

You are a classic apologist.

Perhaps your source is unreliable. After all, you do not require context. Sometimes people just make it up.

The truth is somewhat different. Where do you think those rockets come from? Do you believe people make them in their basements? It does not matter whether these particular blockade busing boats had weapons on board or not. Some of them will. At some time. And those rockets are intended to kill civilians. Israeli civilians. Hence the blockade.

Are the Iranians our allies?

"Perhaps your source is unreliable."

It came from a man on the boat. How about yours?

"Are the Iranians our allies?"

What difference does that make?

Are you seriously telling me the Israeli's have carte-blanche to shoot Americans if they feel like it? Just because YOU feel they are our allies? I think they are no friends to America, myself. I think they use us.And I think they get away with all their evil because we allow it.

We bow and scrape....and why? WHY?

Dunce? No. You have nothing of value to say. And yet you keep on saying it. When you have added something of value I will respond to you.

10. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 13 years ago

Good link. smile

11. lovemychris profile image80

The truth will set us free!

"Arbeit Macht Frei", a German phrase that can be translated as "work will set you free", "work liberates", or "work makes one free" seems more in line with your intentions. The slogan is well-known for being placed at the entrances to a number of Nazi concentration camps, including most infamously Auschwitz I, where it was made by prisoners with metalwork skills and erected by order of the Nazis in June 1940. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeit_macht_frei)
      It seems more appropriate. Here we go again with a final solution to the "Jewish Problem."

12. Moderndayslave profile image60

Thanks, IMHO after the uprising in Egypt it looks as the little people of the world want peace. They want jobs,a place to call home, food on the table, their families health,I-phones,laptops,a facebook page,Netflix and so on.There will always be tensions but I feel that it's the LEADERS and Greedy Corporations that want war.We need to round up all of the Aggressive heads of state, warmongers,banksters oil co.execs .drop them somewhere in the desert ,arm them to the teeth and say"Have at it" Let them fight it out
    The issues between Israel and the Palestinians is directly related to the illegal expansion of Israeli settlements since 1967 which has established the worlds largest open air prison,,Palestine
    http://www.presstv.ir/detail/159576.html
    Claiming Terrorism under the guise a false flag attack:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/05/21 … e-my-tone/

Here's clear proof of Who owns who:
    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ … ne-report/

13. DannyMaio profile image61
    DannyMaioposted 13 years ago

How did Israel get it's land?
    "At the end of World War I, some of Palestine's land was owned by absentee landlords who lived in Cairo, Damascus and Beirut. About 80% of the Palestinian Arabs were debt-ridden peasants, semi-nomads and Bedouins.

Analyses of lang purchases from 1880 to 1948 show that 73% of Jewish plots were purchases from large landowners, not poor fellahin."

--The Peel Commission (1937)
    "The arab charge that the Jews have obtained too large a proportion of good land cannot be maintained. Much of the land now carrying orange groves was sand dunes or swamp and uncultivated when purchased...there was at the time at least of earlier sales little evidence that the owners possessed either the resources or training needed to develop the land. Jews paid more than $20 million at 1936 rates) to arab landowners, mostly estate holders."

"In 1944, Jews paid between $1000 and $1100 per acre in Palestine, mostly for arid or semi-arid land; in the same year, rich black soil in Iowa was selling for about $110 per acre (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture)"

--Land Ownership in Palestine, 1880-1948
    According to British government statistics, prior to the establishment of the State of Israel, 8.6% of the land area now known as Israel was owned by Jews; 3.3% by Arabs who remained there; 16.5% by Arabs who left the country. More than 70% of the land was owned by the British Government. Under international law, ownership passed to Israel in 1948. The public lands included most of the Negev Desert --half of Palestine's post-1922 total area

--Survey of Palestine, 1946, British Mandate Government
    Further UN estimates put the property loses of Jews kicked out of Arab countries after 1948 at 10 times those lost by Palestinian Arabs.

Most Jews in Israel are from Arab countries, not Europe. So the issue of the injustice done TO the Jews of Arab countries BY Arabs is relevant, as are reparations. Not all Jews are white New Yorkers. 60% of Jews are not what you might call caucasian.
    All the way up until 1970 Israel had a policy of repayment or replacement for anyone who could prove his claim. I believe 10% of the refugees used this policy, while others refused . From 1920 to 1948 Jewish organizations accepted partition plans that gave the Jewish state as little as 20% of the current state of Israel. The arabs refused.

From the 1850's to 1948, 90% of the land Jews lived on was purchased at high prices from Arabs. The rest was uninhabited land and passed from the british government to the Israeli government, under international law.

In 1948, any arab that stayed in Israel became Israeli citizens with full rights to vote, form political parties, etc. Most fleed, anticipating that the arab armies would quickly defeat Israel, and they could return home, without being thought of as traitors. Now whose fault is it for leaving?

In 1948 at the creation of the State of Israel, Jews form all the Arab countries were forced out or harassed. The land lost by Jews who fled was estimated by the UN to be worth 10X's that of any property lost by Arabs who fled Israel in 1948. When will they be reimbursed?

In 1948 Jordan expanded its borders and stole the West Bank, a piece that was never part of its borders. In 1967, Israel took it back as a buffer from the combined half a dozen Arab armies that were poised to attack the lone Jewish state. It was expected that Arab states would make peace and Israel would return the land within a few months. The Arab states refused to negotiate with Israel.

Copyright © 1994 by David Carasso.

14. DannyMaio profile image61

On 29 November 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel; the General Assembly required the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution. This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their State is irrevocable.

British Mandate (1917-1948)
    Main articles: British Mandate of Palestine and 1947-1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine
    The borders of the British Mandate

Between 1882 and 1948, a series of Jewish migrations to what is the modern nation of Israel, known as Aliyahs commenced. These migrations preceded the Zionist period.

For full article, see Aliyah.

In 1917, at the end of World War I, Israel (known at the time as South Western Syria) changed hands from the defeated Ottoman Empire to the occupying British forces. The United Kingdom was granted control of Palestine (Today's Israel, West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jordan) by the Versailles Peace Conference which established the League of Nations in 1919 and appointed Herbert Samuel, a former Postmaster General in the British cabinet, who was instrumental in drafting the Balfour Declaration, as its first High Commissioner in Palestine. During World War I the British had made two promises regarding territory in the Middle East. Britain had promised the local Arabs, through Lawrence of Arabia, independence for a united Arab country covering most of the Arab Middle East, in exchange for their supporting the British; and Britain had promised to create and foster a Jewish national home as laid out in the Balfour Declaration, 1917.

In 1947, following increasing levels of violence, the British government withdrew from Palestine. The proposed 1947 UN Partition Plan would have split the mandate into two states, Jewish and Arab, giving about half the land area to each state. Immediately following the adoption of the Partition Plan by the United Nations General Assembly, the Palestinian Arab leadership rejected the plan to create the, as yet un-named, Jewish State and launched a guerilla war.
    David Ben-Gurion proclaiming independence beneath a large portrait of Theodor Herzl, founder of modern Zionism

On May 14, 1948, one day before the end of the British Mandate of Palestine, the leaders of the Jewish community in Palestine led by prime minister David Ben-Gurion, made a declaration of independence, and the state of Israel was established on the portion partitioned by UNSCOP for the Jewish state.
    1948 Arab-Israeli War
    Main article: 1948 Arab-Israeli War

Hoping to annihilate the new Jewish state, the armies of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq invaded the territory partitioned for the Arab state, thus starting the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. The nascent Israeli Defense Force repulsed the Arab nations from part of the occupied territories, thus extending its borders beyond the original UNSCOP partition.[34] By December 1948, Israel controlled most of the portion of Mandate Palestine west of the Jordan River. The remainder of the Mandate consisted of Jordan, the area that came to be called the West Bank (controlled by Jordan), and the Gaza Strip (controlled by Egypt). Prior to and during this conflict, 711,000[35] Palestinians Arabs fled their original lands to become Palestinian refugees, in part, due to a promise from Arab leaders that they'll be able to return when the war is won.

Most Israeli-Jews refer to the 1948 Arab-Israeli War as the War of Independence, while most of the Arab citizens of Israel refer to it as the Nakba (catastrophe), a reflection of differences in perception of the purpose and outcomes of the war.[36][37]
    The modern nation of Israel (1948–present day)
    Main articles: History of Israel and Israeli Jews
    The Western Wall in Jerusalem, 2008

After the war, only 14–25% (depending on the estimate) of the Arab population remained in Israel. When Israel refused the reentry of most, and when subsequent offers of partial repatriation were rejected, they became refugees (see Palestinian refugee and Palestinian Exodus).

Meanwhile, immigration of Holocaust survivors and Jewish refugees from Arab lands doubled Israel's population within one year of its independence. Over the following years approximately 850,000 Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews fled or were expelled from surrounding Arab countries and Iran. Of these, about 680,000 settled in Israel (See also Jewish exodus from Arab lands).

Israel's Jewish population continued to grow at a very high rate for years, fed by waves of Jewish immigration from round the world, most notably the massive immigration wave of Soviet Jews which arrived to Israel in the early 1990s following the dissolution of the USSR, who, according to the Law of Return, were entitled to become Israeli citizens upon arrival. About 380,000 arrived in 1990–91 alone.

Since 1948, Israel has been involved in a series of major military conflicts, including the 1956 Suez War, 1967 Six-Day War, 1973 Yom Kippur War, 1982 Lebanon War, and 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict, as well as a nearly constant series of ongoing minor conflicts to preserve its national interests. Israel has been also embroiled in an ongoing conflict with the Palestinians in the territories which have been under Israeli control since the Six Day War in 1967, despite the signing of the Oslo Accords on September 13, 1993 and the ongoing efforts of Israeli, Palestinian and global peacemakers.

Despite the constant security threats, Israel has thrived economically. Throughout the 1980s and the 1990s there were numerous liberalization measures: in monetary policy, in domestic capital markets, and in various instruments of governmental interference in economic activity. The role of government in the economy was considerably decreased. On the other hand, some governmental economic functions were increased: a national health insurance system was introduced, though private health providers continued to provide health services within the national system. Social welfare payments, such as unemployment benefits, child allowances, old age pensions and minimum income support, were expanded continuously, until they formed a major budgetary expenditure. These transfer payments compensated, to a large extent, for the continuous growth of income inequality, which had moved Israel from among the developed countries with the least income inequality to those with the most.

15. DannyMaio profile image61

The land of Israel always belonged to the Jewish people, does belong and will always belong for more then 3000 years.Israel never belonged to the Palestinians,Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.A common misconception is that all the Jews were forced into the Diaspora by the Romans after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in the year 70 C.E. and then, 1,800 years later, suddenly returned to Palestine demanding their country back. In reality, the Jewish people have maintained ties to their historic homeland for more than 3,700 years.

The Jewish people base their claim to the Land of Israel on at least four premises: 1) the Jewish people settled and developed the land; 2) the international community granted political sovereignty in Palestine to the Jewish people; 3) the territory was captured in defensive wars and 4) God promised the land to the patriarch Abraham.

Even after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem and the beginning of the exile, Jewish life in the Land of Israel continued and often flourished. Large communities were reestablished in Jerusalem and Tiberias by the ninth century. In the 11th century, Jewish communities grew in Rafah, Gaza, Ashkelon, Jaffa and Caesarea.

The Crusaders massacred many Jews during the 12th century, but the community rebounded in the next two centuries as large numbers of rabbis and Jewish pilgrims immigrated to Jerusalem and the Galilee. Prominent rabbis established communities in Safed, Jerusalem and elsewhere during the next 300 years. By the early 19th century — years before the birth of the modern Zionist movement — more than 10,000 Jews lived throughout what is today Israel.1 The 78 years of nation-building, beginning in 1870, culminated in the reestablishment of the Jewish State.

Israel's international "birth certificate" was validated by the promise of the Bible; uninterrupted Jewish settlement from the time of Joshua onward; the Balfour Declaration of 1917; the League of Nations Mandate, which incorporated the Balfour Declaration; the United Nations partition resolution of 1947; Israel's admission to the UN in 1949; the recognition of Israel by most other states; and, most of all, the society created by Israel's people in decades of thriving, dynamic national existence.

Israel's right to exist, like that of the United States, Saudi Arabia and 152 other states, is axiomatic and unreserved. Israel's legitimacy is not suspended in midair awaiting acknowledgement....

There is certainly no other state, big or small, young or old, that would consider mere recognition of its 'right to exist' a favor, or a negotiable concession.”

Actually, God banished the Hebrews from Israel in 70 ad. If the world in the form of the UN decided to reconcile Jewish people back to Israel in a secular state (which is also God's will), then there should be massive reparations paid by the world to the Palestinians. They no doubt had laws, owned land, and deserve reparations. Japanese Americans got reparations. Indians have a sort of reparation in casinos allowed on their land. And Palestinians need reparations. It is the right thing to do.

The world decided this, so the world should give the Palestinians reparations. It is not the responsibility of Israel. They were given this tension. I do think that the Israelis should form the two state solution, then if the Arabs don't want peace it will be evident by their actions.

It sounds good but you know as well as I do that They will attack and kill millions if this happens! They will be attacked from multiple borders. If you actually read what is true history the jews bought some land from landowners.

Also Some arabs have stayed in Israel and are part of the government and live right along side the Israeli's. The problem is they do not want a Israeli state. Have you not heard them speak on television? They are straight forward in their beliefs.

Many times the Israeli's have tried and always ended in disaster. You truly can not argue that these people want peace.

Should the United States give back the land to the Indians? Jews have been in That area for thousands of years! they were exiled many times and how about all the jews that were thrown out of other middle east countries after Israel was a state, saying you have a home state ...leave? I'm not Jewish and really have no incentive to be for one side or another but from my almost 50 years on this planet and knowing what I know and seen I believe Netanyaho is right. JMHO

16. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"The blueprint for peace is the utter military defeat of Israel's enemies." The Orwellian 'war is peace'.

No. Complete and utter defeat of one's enemies is the path to a long peace. I did not say nor imply that war is peace.

17. DannyMaio profile image61

OK, Ignoring all the hate filled remarks here. In a modern, non-biblical sense, most of the land was bought LEGALLY by Jews from arabs before the war of independence, in 1948. In the war, Israel delivered such a defeat that many Arabs fled their villages, many never coming back to reclaim the land, therefore a little of the land was gained that way. Only today, 60 years later some, who probably have never step foot in Israel have declared that the land is theirs and they want it back. Additional land in the Golan, the rest of Jerusalem and Sinai was conquered in the six day war in 1967. Since then, much of the west bank and Gaza has been given back for them to govern themselves, due to large arab populations (although many Jews had lived there for a long time and were themselves displaced when the land was returned-difference is, Israel takes care of its own, unlike most arab countries), Sinai was returned very soon after the war, in it's entirety to Egypt. Basically nothing was "stolen", arabs are permitted to live in Israel, just like anyone else, however that would mean getting an Israeli citizenship, a problem because many arabs refuse to recognize the state of Israel, and want no part in it whatsoever. In addition, I'd like to point out that in no war in the history of the world that i can think of has a country willfully, with no reason but a wish for peace, given back territory they captured fair and square, except for Israel. Just wanted to put that out there.

Danny, you are a well-travelled man if I recall correctly - ever been to Israel? Let me tell you, it's a hoot. I especially like the walls and check-points put up to keep the riff-rafff out.

First why did you call people riff raff???? second You do know people suicide bomb over there...correct? I have not been to Israel because I will not go to the middle east! I would have loved to go to Egypt and see the pyramids but do not need to worry about being beheaded! You have too many radicals over there and I stay away from problems if I can.

It keeps the homicide bombers out too.

18. lovemychris profile image80

In fact--why don't we have the state of Israel here?

They can kick some Americans out of their homes for a change...see how we like it.

In fact--all of you Hasbarats can start....YOU MOVE OUT, so  European Jews can move in.

At the barrell of a gun. Put your money where your mouth is.

or, as the Nuge would say----Suck on this!

Great point LMC - that will fall on deaf ears. Let's kick everyone in the state of Maryland, say, to the curb - take over their land, homes, etc. They can move out and we can start moving Russian Jews, Ethiopian Jews, hell even Chinese Jews in. No one, particularly not the ultra-conservatives on the Hubpages forums, should bitch, right?

I'm sure they would say, "Oh no, not MY home....they can take yours."

19. knolyourself profile image59

Also this:

"Although over half the population of this de facto Israel/Palestine state is not Jewish, Jewish power has enacted laws since the creation of Israel in 1948 to favor Jews and create a so-called Jewish state.  This is the essence of political Zionism.  It is a philosophy and a movement based on racism, chosenness, and Jewish supremacism.

The fact is that after 130 years, several hundred billion dollars in foreign aid, thousands of deaths, and persistent ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, the de facto state of Israel/Palestine is not a Jewish state any more than South Africa was a white state prior to its end of apartheid.  Israel/Palestine is a state controlled by Jews; it is a state where Jews have superior rights (not the least being the right of return); but with over half the population being non-Jewish, it is ludicrous to call it a Jewish state.

Zionists from both the right and the left recognize this, but refuse to acknowledge it because of their obsession with, and allegiance to, the dream of a pure, or almost pure, Jewish state.  So the extreme right, like Foreign Minister Lieberman, wants to transfer the Arabs and other non-Jews (including children of migrant workers) out of Israel/Palestine.  Others like Dershowitz, Pipes, and Hagee simply want to wall off the non-Jewish areas and call these reservations or Bantustans a potential Palestinian state.   Even the most humanitarian Zionists, like Uri Avnery, who would tear down the mammoth apartheid wall (or security barrier), or even Noam Chomsky cannot bring themselves to endorse the right of equal citizenship for all those living in Israel/Palestine.

One state already exists in Israel/Palestine.  Those who deny it do so blinded by their love for a Jewish state, a racist endeavor that should long ago have been discarded along with Aryan supremacy, Catholic supremacy, Tutsi supremacy, and whatever other supremacy forms the basis for discrimination and disregard for basic human rights."

August 12, 2010

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/09/02 … nt-page-1/

according to your map the kingdom of Israel existed around 1500 BC which it was theirs before the Palestinians! Just as I posted a few posts back. Thanks for the affirmation.

3. Mister Veritis profile image59

That was very nice. It is the history of three continents.
      Thank you.

20. DannyMaio profile image61

Exit polls from the 2008 election showed 78 percent of Jewish voters chose Obama over his Republican rival Senator McCain.

"I have spoken to a lot of people in the last couple of days -- former supporters -- who are very upset and feel alienated," billionaire real estate developer and publisher Mortimer Zuckerman said.

"He'll get less political support, fewer activists for his campaign, and I am sure that will extend to financial support as well."

Zuckerman backed Obama during his 2008 presidential run and the newspaper he owns, the New York Daily News, endorsed the president.

Obama's Chicago-based re-election campaign sought to play down reaction to the shift in the U.S. stance toward Israel.

21. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

how does someone have a score of "5" DannyMaio?
    You've written quite a few hubs..thats a puzzle to me

I have not written any in a while, I'm not a writer, I love to read. My other karma is 76 and most of my hubs dropped but still 60's. After they changed the system I have some hubs that need to be fixed and I haven't? Maybe that is why.. I have no clue.

22. knolyourself profile image59

Thanks! Oh, not paid. All volunteers. Curses, Foiled again!

23. lovemychris profile image80

Stop being obstinant, please. YOU know darn well what is going on.
    You pretend to be ignorant of it, so as to appear innocent, IMO.
    "Mr sweetness and light...no ulterior motives " here.**eyes fluttering**

//////

"Will the Israeli agents here please stand up
    by MainStreet , Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 04:38:41 AM EDT 

Cecilie Surasky of MuzzleWatch, the antipropaganda site run by Jewish Voice for Peace, sent out this alert on July 14 2009:

That commenter on your blog may actually be working for the Israeli government.

ProIsrael bloggers working through organizations such as the Israel Project and GIYUS or independently are long known and even welcomed components of the Israeli-Palestinian debate. While their "talking points" are hackneyed and transparent and follow the line of official Israeli propaganda (hasbara), this is the first time we have heard about paid Israeli agents taking part. That's new. And with them, we have a new role identity: the "talkbackers."

Straight out of Avigdor Lieberman's Foreign Ministry: a new Internet Fighting Team! Israeli students and demobilized soldiers get paid to pretend they are just regular folks and leave pro-Israel comments on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sites."

enuff yet?

You had me at "eyes fluttering".
      lol

24. Mister Veritis profile image59
    Mister Veritisposted 13 years ago

Our president, realizing, perhaps, the mess he made, is trying to clean it up enough to fool the rich, Northeastern Jewish contributors. Awesome.

I admire Mr. Netanyahu for his diplomacy and statesmanship. Now if Mr. Obama will just learn the lesson he was given by our tiny ally Israel.

"I admire Mr. Netanyahu for his diplomacy."

You obviously don't know much about Netanyahoo. A couple of years ago whild Biden was in Israel on a goodwill visit Israel announced a bunch of new settlements. Nobody considers diplomacy Netanyahoo's strong suit, except perhaps blind Obama haters.

I know quite a bit about him, actually. I have admired him for years. My first exposure to him was in the mid-1990s. Living surrounded by terrorist nations, he learned a great deal about the terrorists who live there. I read the books he wrote. He is a smart man.

Biden has enough good will to take it on  tour? Awesome.

Netanyahoo and the fanatical right wing Israelis are a big source of anti-US Muslim terrorism.

The saddest part of all is that you believe it.

The saddest part is that it's absolutely true and common knowledge. I can't imagine how you would dispute it.

I thought Muslim terrorists were the primary cause of Muslim terrorism.  Wow, live and learn.  I guess I will find out next that the primary cause of daylight isn't the sun.

That escaped me too. All of this effort and we were going after the wrong people. All we needed to do was force a few million Jews into a suicide posture and we can be loved. All shall be sweetness and light. I don't know why I could not see that before. It is so clear now. I am pretty certain that former German leader, what's his name? You know, the guy with the final solution. He got it. I am certain of it.

Surely you have read their comments about US ties to Israel. They hate Israel and the United States because of our relationship with Israel. This is beyond dispute. Of course that's not the only reason for their antipathy toward the US.

So does that explain the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem raising troops for the Nazis?  Because there was no Israel at that time. Does it explain the Barbary Pirates because there was barely a United States at that time?  Does that explain the Armenian holocaust?  Does it explain the atrocities in Darfur or East Timor? 

You can blame the United States or Israel or Brittany Spear's cleavage for all I care.  There has been a long running conflict between the liberating philosophy of the West and the subjugating faith of the East for centuries.  As the West began to conform to a philosophy that teaches the value of the individual Islam was been stagnant.  This is the conflict.  Israel only matters because it is not Muslim just like Cyprus.

25. lovemychris profile image80

Funny--seems Bibiguns has been advocating to Hilary and Biden for Pollard's release...so I looked him up.

"By Jeff Gates in Criminal State

When Pollard was arrested for espionage in the 1980s, Tel Aviv swore he was part of a “rogue” operation. Only 12 years later did Israel concede he was their spy the entire time. That insider espionage by a purported ally damaged U.S. national security more than any incident in U.S. history.

During an earlier term as Prime Minister, Netanyahu secured a verbal agreement from Bill Clinton in 1998 to release Pollard. Clinton then faced a rebellion among U.S. intelligence agencies aware of the damage done. Clinton backed down and Netanyahu backed off.

Pollard took more than one million documents for copying by his Israeli handler. When transferred to the Soviets, reportedly in exchange for the emigration of Russian Jews, that stolen intelligence shifted the underlying dynamics of the Cold War.

What has its entangled alliance with Israel cost the U.S.? The U.S. committed $20 trillion to Cold War defense from 1948-1989 (in 2010 dollars). Pollard negated much of that outlay yet even now Israel pretends to be an ally. Few believe it; many realize the U.S. has been played for a fool."

Played for a fool, and ongoing.
    Wow--this angers me more the more I learn.

I'm getting a real sense of just what we are dealing with.....

and just what the phrase enemy within really means. "That insider espionage by a purported ally damaged U.S. national security more than any incident in U.S. history."

and then 9/11.

Makes me look at those in Congress in a whole new light.

Will be paying close attention...something is going to break.

the guy is a kook. Smart maybe. But a kook nonetheless. Nice try though.

1. thebrucebeat profile image60
        thebrucebeatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, but your post provides no evidence.  Just a passing slander.
        You aren't doing very well here.

I am doing just fine, thank you. Don't spoil it with low value responses.

1. thebrucebeat profile image60
            thebrucebeatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it's valuable to point out when people are unwilling to engage in the debate.  Some people will give you undeserved credibility if your fear of engagement is not highlighted.  It's a public service, really.

LOL. Why, thank you. I suppose.

26. lovemychris profile image80

Here's the prez, in case you (anyone) missed it:
    Incompetent? You decide!

President Obama at 2011 AIPAC Policy Conference http://goo.gl/fb/HzarV

More than competent, bloody brilliant!

He may be the first president to get a handle on the middle east. smile

Well, I hate that he didn't mention one word of the crimes of Israel, or the terror the Palestinians live under... but it was quite clever how he threw the Talmud back at them....asking them to live up to their own words.

But he basically kissed Israel's azz....how can the hasbarats complain?

...unless they truly want Bibi as our president...an America under Israeli rule?

In that environment it pays to speak quietly and carry a big stick. I believe Obama is not stupid enough to start trading insults with the human garbage that is Netanyahu.

I'm sure Obama knows Netanyahu's beliefs and background, and if he does he will work in the background and wait for the right time to let him know he is an arrogant scumbag.

Israel need Netanyahu like another orifice. He is a racist and a zealot as he has proved in the past.

Yep, a reptilian humanoid axxhole.

American Taxpayer Money Pays to Abuse Women http://bit.ly/kxHs9z

1. Moderndayslave profile image60

You wont see that with the Lame stream media

Yeah..not even the "liberal" media...how about that?
                  Takes a Vietnam Vet to do it.

I really would like to know the Oath Keepers stance on the Middle East.

The media used to keep watch on Washington now they play right along.It's all connected . Veterans Today has nothing to do with Zion or Mockingbirds

2. Reality Bytes profile image73
                    Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was interesting. Why, do you suppose there was no context? Isn't that one of the indicators that you are being played? I think so. Show us the whole incident from beginning to end. Please.

Interesting???

And there is NO context in which that is acceptable. It is evil, pure and simple--you like it? More power to you... It will be your downfall in the end.

Of course.

The truth so easily eludes us all. If context is unimportant then context is not missed.And you are played.

He does have some mighty-fine teleprompters. He definitely reads better than George Bush.

Nearly everyone except for fanatics concede that he is quite bright and capable, even though they may not agree with all of his policies. Your criticisms of him are childish and disingenuous.

I still think he reads better than George Bush.

27. lovemychris profile image80

Of course he got applause.....Congress is OWNED by AIPAC!
    So--Binnie is going to give their land back?

Any chance you know what land?
    Ummm, could it be Gaza and the half of Jerusalem they want?

Or will he offer outposts in barren land, away from civilization?

even Reid said Obama is wrong! Now that should tell you something!
      Tell me LMC how come right after the speech the Palestinian leader said the speech means war? When will you open those eyes and see these people do not want peace!

No they do not want Peace, they want all of Israel and they are never going to get it. Once they accept that, they can move on and live their lives.  But then, what would they do?  Their whole lives have been about taking the land from the Israelis.  Does anyone here know how many times in the past 2,000 years (the entire time and then go back some, that the Jews have been in Israel) it has been over thrown by some government, or they have been forced to leave and have come back again? I don't think they are EVER going to allow that again.  They are pretty much done at this point which is why they have created the Army they have.

Well I'm glad you like your money going to that, I don't.

And pray tell---what SHOULD the Palestinians want, seeing as they were thrown out of their homes?

from Haaretz:

"The key paragraph in his speech was saved for the very end. Netanyahu promised that Israel will be the first country to recognize a Palestinian State – if and only if Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will break his bond with Hamas and enter negotiations with the Jewish State."

Now--there you go....sure, we'll recognize you, as long as you do things OUR way.

Please tell me---the Palestinians already know what negotiations with Bibi means....military occupation, and ongoing settlements.
        My geuss is that Bibiguns will just put more Palestinians in the outdoor prison and call it a deal.

When are you going to see that he's a GOON?

You DO NOT back down to goons---it only gets you and your family killed.

On this we agree. It is the very subject of this forum. I just called him our incompetent president. I would never call him a goon. That is just way too close to a racist term. Isn't it? smile

It's nothing to do with race, it's how he conducts himself.

Goon is a behavior.

Imagine that. You gave an explanation just like sn53anon did. He was banned permanently. What should your fate be?

Well--let's see....does GOON have a connotation with anti-semitism, like BOY has with racism?

I don't think so.

Your problem is you don't know nor respect American history.
                You save all your respect for Binnie the Rat.

28. lovemychris profile image80

Reid is just as much beholden to AIPAC as any of them.... find one that isn't!
    Oh yeah...Cynthia McKinney....well--you see what happened to her.
    And she SPECIFICALLY says she was targeted by AIPAC.

Listen, when is my Swedish King going to come here and dictate to America??

I would fawn over him just as much as these goofballs fawn over Bibiguns.

29. Ralph Deeds profile image67
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Paul Ryan is throwing Grandma off the Cliff!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnnaeOHXFyI

Is she Palestinian?

He's an equal opportunity cliff thrower offer.

Your president is throwing everyone over the cliff! If we spent money like him we would be out of business and bankrupt. The gas prices are because our dollar is so weak! keep spending!

If you had ever studied economics you would know that a weak dollar helps our manufacturing and other exports vis a vis China and creates jobs and profits in this country. Why do you think we have been jawboning China for years that the yen is under-valued.

If you think our weak dollar is good you need to retake your economic classes ralphy boy! That statement maybe even worse then Pelosi's statements that we have to vote for it to see what is in it! and Foodstamps are the biggest bang for a buck! keep going ralph....WOW

Tell me is that a lie? I bet you believe it! And see how you talk about the right when the left is the dirty player! proof once again that the socialist party are hypocrites! If the right would have had a commercial like that they would be evil! wake up already can't you see they are playing you and you fall for it! you people are outright puppets!

To throw the weak, infirm, aged, the unemployed, the malnourished, the children in our schools all under the bus only points up that the recovery from the military ineptitude of the previous admin,  lax oversight in our financial sector, and unscrupulous S.O.P. of the housing and lending market, is all going to be on the backs of those who can least afford it, and everbody else gets a tax break. Considering  an incendiary performance by Ted Nugent reminiscent of the K.K.K. the right wingers are starting to look like brownshirts prior to the Beer Hall Putsch (not a dance step, unless you consider goose stepping dancing) CUT THE MILITARY BUDGET...the martians aren't due for a year or two.

30. lovemychris profile image80

"1 Shot, 2 Kills" T-Shirt Showing Pregnant Woman With Bullseye On Her Belly Popular With Israeli Soldiers"

Sociologist Dr. Orna Sasson-Levy, of Bar-Ilan University, puts it this way,

"There is a perception that the Palestinian is not a person, a human being entitled to basic rights, and therefore anything may be done to him.”

One of the PM's called them grasshoppers.

31. Moderndayslave profile image60

Excellent piece.

come on, A anti-zionist site! everyone knows this. Look at the headings of all the topics. sorry

32. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Obama is not upholding his country's values?
    I wasn't aware the entire country agreed on our values roll
    Even though they are spelled out in the you-know-what document, we don't even agree on our rights.

Believe it or not, not everyone thinks Israel is categorically, indisputably right.
    *ducking from the expected outcry over my "anti-Semitism"*

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60

I am ashame you call yourself "Mom"

Right on cue.
        Must have struck a nerve with my innocuous statement.
        Oh well.
        But not sure what being a mom has to do with it.

For the record, I was married to a Jew for 10 years.
        He fathered my son.

But that doesn't make me sit around and think about nothing but Israel. Sorry.

33. lovemychris profile image80

"the world loves him better than his own country.  Shame on America!"

That's the sad part.
    But really--it's just a small sector---they just happen to OWN everything.
    Money, Supreme Court, politicians.....

Cult of Idiocy. And G R E E D.

No values, just agenda.
    No love, just judgement.
    No justice, just punishment.

YUK.

34. Moonchild60 profile image77
    Moonchild60posted 13 years ago

Chris - Danny was right about everything he said regarding Israel's history and what actually happened, why are you ignoring the facts?  Jews didn't just pick a place and go "okay you people, get out" why do you try to make it sound like that?  Re-read the facts that Danny presented (and yes they ARE FACTS) and respond to them.  I would like to hear what you have to say about the FACTS instead of hearing opinion. From what I have read here it is mostly opinion or 'misinformation" very little in the way of facts.

Marcus Taylor (MACV) wrote:

PART ~ ONE: The previous comments are nonsense, here is the EASILY VERIFIED TRUTH! In order to create and consolidate a Jewish State in 1948, Zionists expelled 750,000 Palestinians from their homeland and never allowed them or their descendants to return. In addition, Israeli forces destroyed over 400 Palestinian villages and perpetrated about three dozen massacres. In 1967, the Israelis forced another 350,000 Palestinians to flee the West Bank and Gaza as well as 147,000 Syrians from the Golan Heights. Since 1967 Israel has placed the entire Palestinian population of the Territories under military occupation. Palestinians cannot get to schools, businesses, or pursue normal economic life. They must face checkpoints without end, “targeted assassinations," tanks, sharpshooters, F-16s and Apache helicopters in their population centers. A “security wall" currently being erected in the West Bank is gobbling up thousands of acres of Palestinian olive groves, farms, factories, and is affecting hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in a hundred villages or communities located in between the wall and Israel’s 1967 borders or nearby.

35. livelonger profile image90
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

As much as the American right wing (and far-left people like lovemychris) would love to politicize Israel as a left-right issue, it's not that simple.

I'm solidly left politically speaking, but I support Israel's right to exist. There is no other place on the planet that Jews could reasonably claim as their homeland, where they would form the majority and thereby forestall yet another bout of genocide or ethnic cleansing.

Despite Israel's technological and military might, it is still very much dependent on American support, primarily military support to the tune of $2.5 billion annually. It might have been able to handle the Suez crisis with British and French support back then, but today is a different world. In addition to aid, Israel enjoys the US's support in the UN and in the event of a large-scale war.

I happen to think that the overwhelming dispensationalist Christian support has emboldened the Likudniks (and worse people in their coalition) in Israel and in the diaspora, which is unfortunate, because peace is slipping away, as is Israel's future as a Jewish and democratic state. Cowards like Netanyahu are planting the seeds of Israel's destruction.

That said, the power of the topic of Israel to animate those on the far-left and far-right never ceases to amaze me. One has to wonder why the 300,000 murdered and 1.2 million kicked out of their homes in the last decade alone in Darfur doesn't seem to faze them. Maybe because Jews were not involved?

[$4billion corrected to $2.5 billion above thanks to livelonger.]

Nearly all Americans, left and right, support Israel's right to exist as a secure and independent state. Differences arise over how best to achieve this. Many object to the path being followed by the current government of Israel.

1. livelonger profile image90

Agreed. I think only the far-left and far-right fringe (in the US, at least) don't support Israel's right to exist. And, yes, we definitely have our differences on how to best achieve an equitable solution.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60

Ralph if you use math then count how much we gave unfriendly nations, like Pakistan, Mexico, Egypt etc.

You tell me. If I'm not mistaken, Israel is the largest recipient of US aid.

If one were to calculate the value of US military protection and expenditures in developed nations like The UK, Spain, Germany, Japan, Italy and South Korea - Israel barely compares. If the EU had to buy guns and butter the US would spend much less on its military.  Israel may receive direct aid but Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Bahrain receive in kind aid in the form of military bases.  How much is the Navy base at Rota, Spain worth?

2. livelonger profile image90

I would include aid to Egypt and Jordan as aid to Israel since they're basically bribery to not attack Israel (otherwise, Israel would have to defend its southern and eastern borders).

But it does make you ask why dirt-poor Arab countries are more interested in attacking Israel instead of trying to figure out a way to lift up their own living standards.

Religious fanaticsm? Unscrupulous leaders using religion for their own greedy purposes? Provocationq by Israel, e.g., continued expansion of settlements on Palestinians' land.

1. You should have a little more concern about the genocide and ethnic cleansing that Israel is engaged in RIGHT NOW. How can you talk to us about the inhumanity done to Jews, when they are full-fledge in it themselves?

2. Darfur is another horror-show, and I've seen people try and help here and there.
      But last I checked, Darfur does not run OUR gvt! I live in America, and have to deal with it.
      As 1.2% of the population, you tell me how Israel has such power?

Yeah, I get it - you don't care about human lives, you care about your money. Really, I get it. Like I've said before, the far-right and far-left resemble each other far more than they'd like to admit.

I also get that you continually confuse Israel and Jews, but that says a lot about you and your credibility, doesn't it?

Excuse me?? It was your pal Brenda who did that! I continuously wrote of my disgust for Bibiguns and Likud....you all turned it into hatred of all Jews.--as you always do.

And btw---you called me or someone else a Jew-Hater.....I'd say that puts you SQUARE in the far-right realm.

And I see you don't bother to address any of what Taylor said.
          Just calling names and making assumptions.

I didn't use any names. Maybe you're just used to hearing that. You do conflate Jews with Israelis, over and over and over again.

And not all critics of Israel hate Jews. But when Jewish crimes are amplified, when the crimes (much bigger ones) by non-Jews are ignored or minimized, it suggests you have a problem with Jews in particular.

And if you think your position on Israel puts you in the solid left, much less anything close to the mainstream, you're dreaming. Your position is of the extreme fringe; your feelings are more in common with David Duke's than with the average Democrat.

What would you call your ignoring of the crimes Israel is committing?

Here's what appears to me to be a fair summary of Israel's invasion of Gaza last year. In my opinion Israel's actions in Gaza were contrary to it's own interest. Aside from Gaza it must be recognized that Palestine doesn't have a monopoly on extremists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio … e_Gaza_War

Agreed. In my opinion, Israel does a lot that is not in its own interests nowadays. And, yes, there are plenty of extremists in Israel, esp in the settlements.

But at least the Israeli side has not committed against the existence of a Palestinian state, the converse of which Hamas continues to do. Yet.

There are plenty of Israeli critics of Israel's policies as well as plenty of Jewish critics of Netanyahu here in the United States.

Absolutely. I'm one of them.

LL,
                  I would love to hear your views on the issue.
                  MM

First, I'm a convert, so I feel less Jewish as a "tribe" than I do as a religion, which is a bit different, and puts me in a different mindset than someone raised with a Jewish identity and possibly immersed in a Jewish environment.

I do think Israel should exist as a Jewish homeland, but I think the current path its right-wing government is on will spell the end to it.  I thought this opinion piece captures how I feel about the current Israeli leadership right now. I think Netanyahu is too much of a coward to be a real leader, and that's to Israel's detriment.

But I'm just one man with one opinion. smile

2. Moonchild60 profile image77

Those 3 parts were crap and that is why no one is replying to them.  Absolute bullsh*t.  But anyone who WANTS to believe it all - Simply will.  And no actual proof will ever be necessary.

"Israeli Violations of International Law - Israel has violated 28 resolutions of the United Nations Security Council (which are legally binding on member-nations), and almost 100 resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly (which are not binding, but represent the will and understanding of the international community). And Israel is now in violation of the advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice of 2004, condemning the separation wall Israel is building throughout the occupied West Bank."

http://www.israellawresourcecenter.org/ … sgil3i.htm

Not bullsh*t at all. Your ignoring of it is.
              This is but one other source......there are plenty.

1. ReuVera profile image78
                ReuVeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

now, now, lovemychics. Really, I don't want to get into any arguments with you as I would never get into any arguments with a possessed person. But your tendency is so clear and uncovered from all, absolutely all of your insinuated forum posts that it makes me simply nauseated.

My only advise to you- why don't you go, yes, just go, I mean move to Gaza and then to Israel. Live there for at least one year (you may live one year in Gaza and one year in Israel), like actually many Christian volunteers do. Spend a whole year in that area, see everything from within, mingle with average citizens, walk in the streets, live every day of their life.

Then come back here and sound out your opinion. Only after your own hands-on-experience your opinion will worth something.

36. lovemychris profile image80

PART ~ TWO: as a Vietnam Veteran I have at least 2 cooperating brain cells and can do research. The Israeli's wrote the book on "Terrorism" ask any graduate of West Point or Annapolis. During the British rule of Palestine, the Israeli terror groups, the "IRGUN" and "STERN GANG" killed and then booby-trapped the bodies of British Soldiers so that when Red Cross workers came to pick up the bodies for their next-of-kin they were blown up also, this is called TERRORISM. The following are the United Nations Security Council resolutions Israel has utterly ignored since 1948 to 2009:

UNSC Res - 57, 89, 93, 100, 101, 106, 111, 119, 171, 228, 237, 242, 248, 250, 251, 252, 256, 259, 262, 265, 267, 270, 271, 279, 280, 285, 298, 313, 316, 317, 332, 337, 347, 425, 427, 446, 450, 452, 465, 467, 468, 469, 471, 476, 478, 484, 487, 497, 501, 509, 515, 517, 518, 520, 521, 573, 592, 605, 607, 608, 611, 636, 641, 672, 673, 681, 694, 726, 799, 904, 1073, 1322, 1402, 1403, 1405, 1435, 1544, 1701, 1860.

These relate to Israel’s violations of international law, UN Charter, Geneva Conventions and for acts of INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM. Not one of my statements is "made-up", THESE ARE EASILY CHECKED FACTS!

37. lovemychris profile image80

PART ~ THREE: Our unswerving relationship with Israel has resulted in Israel being caught spying on us and stealing state secrets many, many times over and the deaths of over 37 American naval personnel when Israeli Jets (bought and paid for by the U.S.) knowingly fired on the American Naval vessel USS Liberty and its life-boats during the so-called “6-day war" which Israel was losing until they threatened to Nuke Egypt (READ: "The Sampson Option" by Seymour M. Hersh for the true story). They receive 10's of Billions of Dollars in loans and aid that they never have to pay back ( thanks to the late Democrat Senator Alan Cranston) and when you add this amount to the stealing of 10's of Millions of Dollars worth of "PELL Grants" during the Clinton administration (money meant for inner-city youth college funds) perhaps you can at least understand other individuals attitude towards the nation of Israel, it has nothing to do with Anti-Semitism, a word that actually means a major branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family, and also applies to Arabs. When you really look at it, It's all about "Cowboys and Indians" and taking the Indian (Palestinian) land and placing them on RESERVATIONS in their own country!

WE DON'T OWE ISRAEL

38. lovemychris profile image80

errr, and how did money come up?

39. lovemychris profile image80

And yes--you said Jew-Hater. I remember it clear as day.

But I don't think it was directed at me.

Really? Well, if I wasn't directing it at you, then why do you care? I doubt very much I used that word, anyway.

And what do you mean I'm ignoring the crimes Israel is committing? Do you mean because I don't come in here every day blasting Israel and Jews, by extension, in dozens of forum posts and even more exclamation points?

40. lovemychris profile image80

A Palestinian state, controlled and run by Israel......would YOU go along with that? And what is left of land anyway? They have stolen near bout all of it. The rest is annexed off in barrios.

Obama said return to 67 borders....Bibi said NO.

So--who's not budging here?

Bibi wants it all his way. OUR Congress says "What ever Bibi wants".

You wonder why it bothers me.

This was all in the last week. You've been bothered by Israel for far, far longer.

"They have stolen near bout all of it." You think settlements are on most Palestinian territory?

Would YOU like it if Mexico and most of South America were committed to America's destruction, even formalizing it in their founding charters?

Using Bibiguns talking points I see.

If America had annexed a portion of Mexico and put it in a prison, and continued to take land from it and give it to Mexicans from Europe....

They might have a point.

And it's not old news until we see Justice.

You may wish to ignore criminal behavior,paid for by our country, I do not.

And you're using Hamas talking points. Almost verbatim.

Do you think Israel has the right to exist?

Hamas is Our Country?

And you should know that an Israeli Professor says that Hamas was started by Mossad...to keep the fight going, as it is SO profitable for them.
            Just LOOK what they get from us!

As far as Israel's right to exist...I geuss might makes right, that's why we're here, isn't it?
            Big powerful colonizers said so, so it happened.
            Right? I don't know. Is it there? Yes it is.

But the atrocitites they have committed is in-exusable...especially for a people that had such atrocity inflicted upon them.

I'll tell you what is old news....keeping the flames for Israel's past going while you ignore the present, and make excuses for it, and allow it to continue....on the backs of a horrific past, we inflict yet more horror.

I think the US should return to the border of 1824.

Why stop there? How about the border of pre 1620?
        I bet that would make some "real" (meaning native) Americans really happy!

I was born here, raised and educated here.  I consider myself a native American unlike my grandfather who immigrated to here.

Oh, I see where I was ambiguous.
            Or you were clever.
            You are right, UCV.
            Being born and raised in the USA makes us natives.

Not to denigrate America's aboriginal people - native does have  meaning. (not your ambiguity, I am afraid)

41. Moderndayslave profile image60

What country does our Congress work for?

42. Moderndayslave profile image60

I just turned on Charlie Rose program to see him in a discussion with some putz from the Israeli News organization Haaretz saying that BIBI was now "Back on his home turf in front of congress" after his meeting with Obama,,,WHAT?????????? Did he mean America's congress or Israels congress.Do I need to post this again:See Traitor
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason
    Where is our military to rip these congress members out by their necks and send them to GITMO?

"United States Military Versus Israel Firsters

There is a great deal riding in this conflict – the future of the American empire as well as the balance of power in the Middle East. Equally important is the future of the US military and our already heavily constrained democratic freedoms.  The outcome of the continuous and deepening confrontation between top US military officials and the Israel Firsters over US foreign policy in the Middle East has raised fundamental questions over self-determination, colonization, civilian primacy and military political intervention, empire or republic.  These and related issues are far from being of academic interest only; they concern the future of the United States."

http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/bl … l-firsters

Eric Cantor told Netanyahu he would "watch" the president for him.
      .......Let that sink in.

Apparently I'm not the only one that finds this bothersome:
        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/05/24 … -congress/

43. lovemychris profile image80

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through…all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero

To me--this is Netanyahu, and those who support him.

44. lovemychris profile image80

"At almost the beginning of Netanyahu’s speech Ray Abileah stood up and protested against Israel’s crimes against Palestinians, only to be beaten by AIPAC thugs. She required hospitalization and was then arrested while in the hospital. Here is her story on DemocracyNow.." http://bit.ly/RaeAbileahBeatenArrested

Wonder what would have happened if someone stood up and shouted "You Lie!"....can you imagine? They wouldn't DARE. But with Obama----oh they dare.

45. lovemychris profile image80

Thursday, May 26th, 2011
    Netanyahu Spurns Peace – by Stephen Lendman

"Calling for Palestinian capitulation, not peace and liberation, Netanyahu delivered a litany of lies, fabrications, misstatements, and half-truths to AIPAC members on May 23, saying:

– “Israel is unjustly accused of not wanting peace with the Palestinians. Nothing could be further from the truth.” In fact, he once called the peace process “a waste of time,” governing accordingly to avoid it.

– Peace “can only come through….mutual trust,” he said, adding that he envisions “peace in which a demilitarized Palestinian state recognizes the Jewish state.” In fact, they’re preconditions solely for them, no other states with which Israel has diplomatic relations, including peace treaty terms with Egypt and Jordan.

– “Israel stands ready to make compromises necessary for peace.” In fact, Israel never had a peace camp. For decades, efforts were stillborn, obstructing it, perpetuating conflict, and denying Palestinians a sovereign independent state or a viable one-state solution for all its people.

– “(O)ne thing I will never compromise is our security.”

In fact, claimed existential “security” threats are bogus, a red herring, mischaracterizing Israel as vulnerable, surrounded by hostile Arab states. Nuclear armed, it’s a regional superpower, unthreatened since the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Addressing Congress on May 24, he repeated the same canards, including saying he’s ready to “make painful compromises (for) peace,” while remaining  obstructionist against it, a viable Palestinian state, Jerusalem as its capital, Hamas/Fatah unity, and the inviolable right of return.

In response, New York Times writers Helene Cooper and Ethan Bronner headlined, “Netanyahu Gives No Ground in Congress Speech,” saying:

“….Palestinians will not get a right of return to Israel…. Jerusalem will never again be divided,” and Israel’s 1967 borders aren’t defensible. New ones must incorporate expanding settlements, an IDF presence along the Jordan River, and Palestinians confined to isolated cantons in ghetto communities or worthless scrubland, an offer no responsible leader will accept."

There you have it...more of the same, just dressed up with pretty words and false intentions.
    If MY country goes along...we have a gvt aligned with forces hostile to America.
    I would have to say Modernday is right....the word is traitor.

46. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

Note, the propagator of this thread is no longer amongst us.
    I wonder what his next incarnation will be?

Well, you'll be able to tell with the first post.

He/She/They'd be smart to play it just the opposite!

Like, they could pretend they LIKE us! No one would ever know then.
      But, as it is with their blatant disregard of a few people here....they are about as obvious as Gingrich in a gay pride parade.

lol

47. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Here comes the conflict!

Here comes the conflict! 

Da-da, da da, da.............dah dah da da-da!!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lki01159vO1qe0xsq.jpg

48. lovemychris profile image80

No conflict, just a CON.

49. lovemychris profile image80

"A previous article called Netanyahu’s government Israel’s worst ever, accessed through the following link:

http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/2011/01/n … worst.html

Allied with Avigdor Lieberman’s Yisrael Beiteinu and ultra-Orthodox Shas, extremist partners, their coalition Knesset is hardline, racist and lawless, co-opting weak opposition members to go along most often to get along.

As a result, Israelis, Palestinians and regional Arabs suffer from policies endorsing belligerence, occupation and repression, a combination spurning democratic values and peace, let alone a viable independent Palestine."

--by Stephen Lendman....who is Jewish, btw. But let me guess--he's "self-hating"?

Anyone who disagrees with Israel is either self-hating or an anti-semite.
    Boy--you people have the stfu faction all sowed up, don't you?

And before you make a comparison---carrying a sign with Obama as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose is racist.
    Calling Obama a muslim, when he tells you he's christian, is racist.

Calling out the gvt of Israel and their murderous policies is common sense.

All true, and about time someone said it! smile

TY Earnest!!

The bloom is OFF the rose. With Israel AND America.

Now it's time to do something about it.

67 borders is a good start, IMO.
        Stopping the settlements is a great idea, long overdue...and prosecutions are in order for breaking the law!

Humane treatment....is long overdue.

EVERYBODY wants it, but the very cruel few.

WHY do they get their way, above and beyond the whole world of people?

My dark self wants the potential for this foolishness to come to fruition and I fear my dark self's desire because it mean millions dead and not just in Israel but how else will liberals learn the old lesson again.  It wasn't enough that the world shuddered for over 30 years during the first half of the 2oth century under the horrors of tyranny and economic disasters.

This has been the way of liberalism during the first half of the 20th century.  Create Fascism, Socialism and Communism.  Pretend that tyranny is a fantasy of the paranoid and that Communists and Fascists are just like everyone else and ignore the starvation, brutality, militarization, aggression and expansion.

They failed to see the rise of Hitler, Stalin and Mao who slaughtered tens of millions of people.  They treated Fidel, Che and Ho as if they were heroes as they gathered enemies for their prisons and killing fields.  Now they act as if the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, Fatah, et al, are merely reactions to Israel.  In a way they are right.  Muslim belief is that once a land has been claimed for Islam it forever belongs to Islam.  Wait until the Brotherhood is rioting in Granada and claiming it once again for the global caliphate.

There are two spheres in the world.  The sphere of Islam and the sphere of jihad.  As an American you live in the sphere of jihad and that makes you an enemy of Islam.  But most people won't see what is happening until part of the world is in literal flames.  If we are lucky those flames will not be nuclear.

I don't believe in luck.

You are rather confused aren't you!
            How do you equate far right fascism with socialism and communism, both to the left?

What about all the death, starvation, brutality,militarization, aggression and expansion of capitalism?
            Or do you think that your country has a pass on all these
            offences?

I remind you that Hitler was not a socialist, neither was Stalin, both were nationalists, quite the opposite of socialism.

Centrally directed economies than if you choose to quibble.  It is the centrally directed economy that is the hall mark of liberal economics.   It is the liberal who must distance himself from that other liberal Hitler.  Stalin and Mao are more palatable to the liberal because they slaughtered and starved people for fanciful ideological reasons.  Hitler slaughtered them for fanciful racial purity reasons.  There is little difference between all of them.

What "crime" of capitalism - yet another silly liberal work - compares with those of Mao, Stalin or Hitler?

Wiping out the indiginous populations of two continents (about 250 million people) is sort of bad, don't you think?

Wiping out who.  I look around me and there are a lot of people here.  An assertion with out particulars - great you are so deep.

I believe you meant "whom" in your fragment,(uncorrected grammar).

"I look around me and there are a lot of people here"

Really? roll

Without is one word

The Western hemisphere was populated before the capitalists arrived and exterminated them.  There are these things known as books.....

Never mind.

2. John Holden profile image60

Centrally directed economies, or, state capitalism as some of us prefer may well be a liberal desire, it is no desire of socialists.
                And whilst I have limited time for liberals, I don't see how you can call Hitler a liberal, he was anything but liberal.
                Mao was responsible for millions of deaths, but equally responsible were the self-seeking people who falsely reported the size of the grain harvest leading to huge food shortages. I note you have no comment about Mao turning China from a poverty stricken agrarian economy into an economy tat has the US on the run.

As for crimes of capitalism, try these:-

Colonialism, the 14 hour work day, Class privilege, the 7 day working week, children in coalmines, the opium wars, the massacre of the Paris Commune, slavery, the Spanish-American War, the Boer War, Starvation, Apartheid, anti-Union laws, the First World War, Flanders, Trench Warfare, Mustard Gas, Aerial Bombing, The Soviet Intervention, The Armenian Genocide, Chemical Weapons, Fascism, The Great Depression, Hunger Marches, Nazism, the Spanish Civil War, Militarism, Asbestosis, Radiation Death, The Massacre of Nanking, the Second World War, Belsen, Dresden, Hiroshima, Racism, the Mafia, Nuclear Weapons, the Korean War, DDT, McCarthyism, Productions Lines, Blacklists, Thalidomide, the Rape of the Third World, Poverty, The Arms Race, Plastic Surgery, The Electric Chair, Environmental Degradation, the Vietnam War, the Military Suppression of Greece, India, Malaya, Indonesia, Chile, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Deforestation, Organized Crime, the Heroin and Cocaine Trade, Tuberculosis, the destruction of the Ozone Layer, Cancer and the ceased exploration of a cure and the common knowledge of cancer causing commodities such as cigs.,Aids, Exploitation of Labor, and the deaths of 50,000,000 Communists and Trade Unionists in this century alone,.......and that is just the baby list.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

You are absolutely wrong!  THe acronym NAZI contains the abbreviation for the word SOCIALIST.  That is indisputable, holy, Koch-approved truth and you are un-American for even questioning it!!!

If you and your kind had gotten their way, we'd all be speaking Germanese today mad

50. rhamson profile image72
    rhamsonposted 13 years ago

The thing about your post is that it only fans the fire of opposition to the problem.

It begins with the article you cite as having some sort of objective take on Obamas statement.  The first paragraph "White House Press Secretary Jay Carney visibly struggled Friday to put a positive spin on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's rejection of President Barack Obama's call for a land-for-peace deal in the Middle East based on 1967 borders" is paraphrased and negates that Obama was merely trying to establish a beginning point rather than polar opposite viewpoints to negotiate from.  His speech went on to state "However, he said, his policy on the border issue "means that the parties themselves -- Israelis and Palestinians -- will negotiate a border that is different than the one that existed on June 4, 1967," the eve of the war. Those negotiations will involve "mutually agreed-upon" land swaps to deal with changing conditions of recent decades, he said.
    "That's what mutually agreed-upon swaps means. It is a well-known formula to all who have worked on this issue for a generation," Obama said to applause. "It allows the parties themselves to account for the changes that have taken place over the last 44 years," including the new demographic realities on the ground and the needs of both sides."

To inflame the issue with less than sincere reporting is objectionable to anyone with a brain and the ability to discern for themselves the truth.

Try to remember politics and governing is suppossed to be driven by compromise and not demands.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)