jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think of Madonna's speech in DC

1. norlawrence profile image83
    norlawrenceposted 15 months ago

What do you think of Madonna's speech in DC

Should she have said what she did.  Actions like this are not protests but rioting.

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 15 months ago

I heard Trump sent the authorities after her.  He should.  In the early 2000's a rapper (I am pretty sure it was Eminem), made a song with a line or reference to killing President Bush.  He was visited by authorities.  He didn't go to jail, but he was visited nonetheless.  Obama may have put up with this crap, but Trump is not going to, nor should he.  No other president would either.  Usually stuff like threatening to kill someone or blow someplace up are taken seriously.  Madonna is not exempt from the law because she is a celebrity. 

Remember the Clock Boy?  They were right to do what they did--because for all they knew, it may have been a bomb. They weren't being racists or bigots, they were taking precautions.  Obama went and invited him to the White House.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Madonna is supersuccessful & beyond fame.   She is doing this for humanitarian reasons.

3. mike102771 profile image81
    mike102771posted 15 months ago

Maybe (just maybe) her speech was a desperate cry to be relevant from a once influential pop-star now relegated to non-relevance. Didn’t she try to present herself as English at one point. Moved to London? Trying to change her original accent (New York or New Jersey) to a generic British one (done badly).
    Love Trump, hate Trump it does not matter. It is in the pop culture scene right now to rail against Trump. People like Madonna will use this opportunity to seek an additional 15 minutes of fame by playing the Trump card. Alex Baldwin will rake in the cash playing Trump as a boob to people who already hate Trump (preaching to the choir).

Does Madonna have a new album (or best of) coming out?

4. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 15 months ago

I think it was a dumb thing to say and she just gave reason to criticize. 

I think Ashley Judd's speech (written by Nina Mariah Donovan) stole the show and was amazing.  The original version spoken by Nina herself is even more powerful.

1. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I thought Ashley's speech sucked.  JMO

2. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Cool

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 15 months ago

Truth is, I don't think much of Madonna, never have, never will. She was a super star in her day with the youth at that time & of course she's insanely wealthy. And? So what?  She feels her fame & fortune give her the right to say & do whatever she chooses, anytime, anywhere for any reason.  We all have rights.  Some of us use them in a much less boisterous, bold, destructive, self-aggrandizing manner.To each, her own.
    Her foolish & ignorant public statement (reckless behavior & profanity) Yielded her much more "attention" than she wanted......and the attention toward her won't end soon!  LOTS of Men in Black!

working