Do you think the United States will become isolated due to President Trump?

1. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 13 months ago

Do you think the United States will become isolated due to President Trump?

By the President's statements, his cabinet, and many of his supporters, he states that the US and its people need to come first.  Does that mean the US will pull out of world affairs?  Will the US stop helping others?  Will that end up being a bad thing for other people in the world?

2. lovemychris profile image61
    lovemychrisposted 13 months ago

i notice he doesnt mention the 10 million a day we give is that putting america first??? many of us are against what israel is doing, and couldnt we use that money? yet again, just sloganeering for the minority.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months ago

We have so many problems in the US, and putting other countries and their people above ours is not fair. We can't take care of anyone else, if we can't take care of ourselves.

We give money to the Middle Eastern Countries, and they use it against us. The governments in those states are run by very rich people, and OPEC should be supporting them not us.

If you can't take care of your family, are you going to spend the few dollars that you have to take care of others. 43 million people in the US are on food stamps, We have a homeless epidemic problem as well. A large chunk of our wages goes to insurance that doesn't cover our costs.

Just think of what the US could do for itself and its citizens with the money from just one of our many major wars. Wars that we didn't win, and cost our military both in lives, and major disabilities. We haven't really won a war since 1898. Yet, they all cost us in lives and money.

I believe Trump is saying that we are not just going to give the money to everybody that we did in the past. But we will see if there is justification to continue doing it, on a country by country basis. And that goes for the UN which has failed in their major goal which is Peace.

The sad thing is that in many countries where we give them money and help, we are the hated Americans. So, I think your question needs more context and direction to answer it correctly. del if u wish.