jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why do people vote against themselves?

1. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 12 months ago

Why do people vote against themselves?

James Carville said, "Democratic strategists struggle to understand why 77 out the 100 poorest and most government-dependent counties in the United States voted for Mitt Romney in 2012."

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13091398_f260.jpg

Quoting James Carville that is sad. I didn't care for Mitt. even though I don't understand the point of this question.

1. ptosis profile image82
      ptosisposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Maybe I should ask Y ask a question only to delete opposing views? Then maybe U understand?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months agoin reply to this

ptosis, I don't really care if my comments are deleted. I do try to answer the question of others, as I did here. I try not to make it personal, sometimes I fail, but not often. And I still dn understand the point of this ?

3. ptosis profile image82

BM: Your willful ignorance regarding you regularly deleting my answers to your questions is obvious. "Who are these Anti Trump Protesters?" link says 3 answers, yet only one  - the 1 U agree with is  allowed to remain undeleted. Sad.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months agoin reply to this

ptosis
      I deleted your personal attacks on me while at the same time you didn't even try to answer the question. Your comment here calling my deletions as Wilful Ignorance is that all you have. Just answer a ?, not make personal attacks to avoid del

5. ptosis profile image82

Ok. I apologize. I will refrain in the future.

3. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 12 months ago

It shows a little bit of a blocked mind for someone to struggle with this issue. Really the strategists, struggle with this. It may be an indicator as to why the Democrats are getting pummeled as of late.
    The seeming dichotomy is really not the sophisticated.
    Be careful here this might make your mind think!
    Think of an adolescent boy. Normal - mom, dad and sis and sis. What the boy needs from his daddy is different than what he needs from his mommy and his sisters. Throw in teachers and uncles....
    Now you offer a provider type like our stereotypical dad. Call it the gov. for fun. But you also need the mommy. And if the boy sees that as the gov. also he is screwed. He wants the gov. to provide and he wants the mommy to nurture.
    So when a mommy wants both for her child. She kind of cannot have the best of both worlds.
    As the boy matures he sees back onto that dichotomy and he votes like the toss of a coin. But put him as having to be a man to others and group think sets in and he votes based on his percieved "manliness".
    Contrary to popular belief most young latino men vote tough - Republican. We call it machismo. But when asked by the pollers and press he claims to be tough but vote democrat. This scenario happens in whites, blacks and asians as well as latino. Latino's are just the loudest - right on, party today with about 50 closest family on the border here, so we are happy! And we do not need crap from the gov. we earn it and are proud.

Just a different view. And really anecdotal. Take care Ptosis.

working