If President Trump is "doing a bad job so far" then why are his approval numbers

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (36 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

If President Trump is "doing a bad job so far" then why are his approval numbers rising?

Despite the partisan climate we're seeing since the election - Americans are starting to warm up to this president and his approval rating climbed to 55%

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13409345_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 7 years ago

Ralph - I have asked numerous times on negative comments for a single fact on how the persons life is worse since Trump became President.  Perhaps you have even see some of these comments I made on your hubs.

Strangely enough I have never received even one response on that question.

RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The only ones complaining seem to be those depending on the bureaucracy for money

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To my knowledge the entitlement trucks are still rolling.  I have not heard of anyone who have lost their freebies.

3. DowntroddenInDC profile image84
      DowntroddenInDCposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Interesting opinion considering you are in Idaho - Ralph. Idaho gets more than $2 in every $1 paid in federal taxes. Seems like states like Idaho are the ones with dependency problems.

4. profile image50
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Where is your Jesus "OLD POOLMAN?"

5. profile image0

Norine - What has my Jesus got to do with my comment?  The point was that to my knowledge nothing has been taken away from anyone so far so why all the protests?

6. profile image50

"Whatever you do to the LEAST of them, you do unto ME"(Matt25:31-46)!
      Now get up off of those taxes $'s of yours & "help the needy" if you do according to THE JESUS!
      If they squander w/o repentance, they're only "digging their ditch" in hell!

7. profile image0

Norine that is an odd comment to make when you don't even know me.  I would bet I have "given" far more than you in my lifetime.

8. profile image50

I bet!  I'm only "rich" in Spirit! 
      You see Mike, I prayed before voting cuz I know both evil! I asked myself "Which 1 is more Christ-like"(judging)? Hillary "gives choice"(Josh24:15) exp,etc vsTrump"Self centered!" No brainer!
      I pray for our Pres

9. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

RC:  "depending on the bureaucracy for money" is that a racist dog whistle?  StopDogWhistleRacism.com

10. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Are you kidding me?  You know exactly what it means - people living off the gov't - making $200k for do nothing jobs

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12738552_f260.jpg

Ralph
    I agree, president Trump is doing the job and working on the goals that got him elected. The "bad job" is the bias of the still MSM that worshiped president Obama and Hillary Clinton. And basically any liberal or democrat.

I just listened to president Trump's press conference today. I thought he did a great job and he fielded the tough questions with honest believable answers. He had to go through some of them two or more times because the different members of the press kept asking the same questions.

Like the one about him and Russia, especially with Putin. He stated that he had two conversations with Putin on the phone. The 1st when Putin called to congratulate him winning the election, and the 2nd for the Inauguration, which he said was a good and lengthy one. Other than that he has no ties whatsoever with Russia or Putin. He did say that was unlike Sec of State HRC who gave 1/5 of the US production of Uranium. The stuff that can make a Nuclear Holocaust. And he pointed out that the MSM ignored that.

He also took the ?s on firing Gen Flynn.  I thought he was very honest, & gracious with the press. He did point out those media that he said were publishing fake news.

After the press conference, NBC pundits started their venom spitting. It was clear they were defending ex presBarack Obama instead of reporting on the Trump good things.

That was really my answer for this ?. It is liberal extreme MSM  spewing doom &gloom where none exists. It is MSM social reengineering.

His press conf worthwhile listening, but make sure it is unedited raw.

liberals & their minions the protester/rioters must be taking their view from MSM. Although, they say they don't, but they couldn't possibly be listening to Trump unedited. They all use the same sound bites, and misinformation. and as Trump said about CNN and the rest they do their reports with so much anger and rage. This is what I see here on hp. 

I don't believe polls, good or bad. So I like the fact that president Trump uses Twitter to put out the raw stuff, as well as his press conferences and then the only view that is important to me, is my view from what I have seen & heard.

Every person in a poll can represent 1000, 10000 or more people, I don't believe that one person can represent all those humans.
    Trump is just getting BAD press fabricated to make it appear Trump is in trouble.

You should listen to what Trump says about Russia.
    del if u wish.

4. profile image50
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

By what poll?  Do you represent "Fake News?"  Just needed conversation?  Used outdated polls which were before presidency?  Where did you get your info?  I can't find on internet! 

Have you read the "Gallup Poll?"

This world doesn't need any more LIES!  That's why we're in the predicament we're in!

Rasmussen polling
      It's not a secret

2. profile image50

As I've stated before on HP, You ask a Q of three diff men (polls) u get 3 diff opinions! Not like Holy Spirit guidance Who has One Mind, is it?
      Did you hear Mr. Deeds?

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine, what lies and from whom. This situation took almost 50 years to happen. What could Trump do in less than a month?

4. profile image50

Brad, we're talking about his rating in 'a poll' not how the country was placed in this predicament!
      I'd have no problem w/Trump IF he'd be quite & do as promised. HP took down my HUB stating that!
      GOD placed him there so WHATEVER! I'm READY!

5. profile image50

What placed us in "this situation" has NOTHING to do w/his current rating in a poll!  Anyway, it all depends on what poll you are looking at!

5. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

Trump seems to be trying if not succeeding at getting things done. Despite a constant barrage of negative media distractment, rioting by criminals and the tantrums of lefties, he seems to be forging ahead.  The DJIA keeps setting records.  He seems to have a rapport with Netanyahu etc.  An outsider that has never been a politician seems to be getting more done despite the nonsense than any politician I have ever seen.

1. profile image0
      johnmariowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump needs to wrote legislation on both the border tax and the immigration problem. He should submit this legislation to Congress. This is what every President does in order to lead Congress in a given  direction. All Trump has done is complain that

6. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago

President Trump’s approval rating is at 39 percent, according to a new poll.

The latest Pew Research Center poll released Thursday shows Trump at a historic low compared with prior presidents in their first weeks in office.

The poll found just 39 percent approve of his job performance while 56 percent disapprove.

By comparison, President Barack Obama’s approval was at 64 percent in the February after he began his first term. President George W. Bush had a 53 percent approval rating in his first month in office. His father, President George H.W. Bush, had a 63 percent approval rating, while President Bill Clinton had a 56 percent approval rating. President Ronald Reagan had a 55 percent approval rating.

The poll found opinion on Trump is sharply polarized — 75 percent either strongly approve or strongly disapprove of the president.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

Ralph
      So it shows that the polls don't correlate with accomplishments. President Obama had zero, maybe negative accomplishments, while Trump has been accomplishing things since he was pres elect. Didn't we learn anything about polls last year?

2. profile image50

Precisely!
      "Didn't we learn anything about polls last year?"

3. RJ Schwartz profile image88

I hate people who put negative feedback on people's opinions so they get hidden - thanks for your input Ralph

4. profile image0
      johnmariowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Obama was the opposite of Trump. Obama did not feel the need to constantly be in the spotlight. Obama worked quietly with his Democratic Congress.

5. ptosis profile image68

So how to make it unhidden? Give it thumbs Up?

7. DowntroddenInDC profile image84
    DowntroddenInDCposted 7 years ago

His approval ratings aren't rising. I'm down in Texas, any people are furious with him over all this talk about a wall and invoking a trade war with Mexico.

#сделатьамерикиздоровоснова!

What's with the Cyrillic hashtag ?   Just curious

2. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You know a Republican is in trouble if Texas doesn't like him!

(I'm there, too, but in my own fuzzy blue zone.)

8. profile image0
    johnmariowposted 7 years ago

Depends on who polled the voters in order to get those approval ratings.  One article I read places Trump's approval rating at 40%. However, we must remember that approval rating are not a constant. 

My major concern is not the approval ratings.  I read recently that a group of Republican Congress members are traveling to the leaders of the various nations Trump has talked to. Their purpose is damage control. Pence has been practicing damage control since he was given the VP position on the Republican ticket.

Trump needs to second source his information.. The perfect example is Sweden. Sweden officials claim that they are not experiencing increased crime rates due to Asylum seekers.

Why isn't Trump using our intelligence people to gather this information? Why would any President use MSNBC or FOX news as their sole source?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

They doing damage not control.State Dept does this job, they are in Exec Branch not Congress. VP Pence is explaining Trump policy. The Nat Intel Agencies have a pathetic record. WTC 1993, 2001. Iraq 2004. CIA leaking secret WH info. 2016,17

2. ptosis profile image68

BM : Yup that's why -  Harward turned down NSC job bc the WH seems so chaotic; Harward called the offer a "shit sandwich.".

9. profile image0
    promisemposted 7 years ago

He has high approval ratings only with Rasmussem Reports, which does polling for Fox News and Republican candidates.

All other polls show him trending down with more unfavorable than favorable.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls … -5493.html

10. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13417830_f260.jpg

#сделатьамерикиздоровоснова!

"Make America Great Again" in Russian and Baldwin wears it.
    сделать = Make
    Америка  = America
    здорово снова = healthy again

11. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 7 years ago

One poll does not make a rising trend. Overall, his numbers are still in the tank, and painfully low for a President who should be in his honeymoon period.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)