jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Can a Girl and Boy be bestfriend?

1. Happy Knees profile image61
    Happy Kneesposted 10 months ago

Can a Girl and Boy be bestfriend?

Why? and How? Cite your perceptions.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image53
    The0NatureBoyposted 10 months ago

Very definitely so. The law of opposites attract is what best friends are and so long as neither of of them do not have a sexual desire for the other it will work with less bickering than being lovers but even when there is bickering they are usually forgiven where in lovers it usually will not be forgiven.

Happy Kneesposted 10 months agoin reply to this

That was awesome. Thank you for this

3. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 10 months ago

Yes they can. My very best male friend I've known since we were 3 years old. I am very blessed to say I know what it's like to have both a best male and best female friend. You learn a lot about how men think and why hey do some of the things they do. Not sure what you mean by how. It just happens and you be open and honest and learn from each other. Before you know it you become best friends.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image53
      The0NatureBoyposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I agree, Terrie, I have many close girlfriends who share many things lovers don't and that will make them respected by their lover.

2. Happy Knees profile image61

That was great. Thank you for the response. God bless smile

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 10 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13486769_f260.jpg

As long as they are NOT physically attracted to one another.
    Otherwise it's just a case of one person being in the "friend zone" hoping for an opportunity to make the friendship a romantic relationship at some point unbeknownst to the other.
    Even if a guy and girl really do become like "siblings" odds are eventually one of them is going to meet and fall "in love" with someone who does not want their man spending "one on one" time with another woman he calls "his best friend".
    The same is also true of many men who would not want their girlfriend or wife "hanging out" with a guy for drinks, meals, walks, long conversations, and other activities "best friends" indulge in without giving it a second thought.
    Most women don't trust {other women} and most men don't trust {other men}. I suppose it's human nature.
    Ultimately if a person is forced to choose between being with "the one" they love or maintaining their close "platonic friendship".... many people will end up choosing love.
    There probably aren't too many "life long" heterosexual platonic (best friends). For one reason or another eventually some distance is created between them. Exceptions do exist!

Thumbs up again. Thank you for this brilliant concepts. Thank you and Godbless

Closed to reply

working