jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can a girl and a boy just be a friend?

1. Rahuleiet profile image61
    Rahuleietposted 4 years ago

Can a girl and a boy just be a friend?

I mean when a boy comes in contact with a girl , he always attaracted toward girl and wants a girl that she is not only his friend but something more than that.
    so anyone answer this ?

2. NikiDiva profile image60
    NikiDivaposted 4 years ago

As long as the boy has feelings for the female as more than a friend then they are never truly just friends. In his mind he wants more and is always waiting for his chance until he lets go of those feelings

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. You can just be friends with someone of the opposite sex. It happens all the time. Just share common interests and have nice conversations. It is nice to visit, but you don't want to be more than that. Just friends is much better because you don't want to have a dating relationship with everyone of the opposite sex.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Yes boys and girls can be just friends. It happens quite often.
    No boy is "attracted" to (every) girl and vice versa. There are also gay and lesbian people who have friends of the opposite sex as well.
    Naturally there are some boys and girls who "settle" for friendship if it means they get to spend time with the person they're attracted to. There are also some people who actually believe in the "lets be friends first" philosophy before getting involved.
    Generally speaking there are two challenges with boy and girl friendships.
    1. It's not uncommon for one of them to secretly desire more than friendship. They complain about being stuck in the "Friend Zone".
    2, Another issue is when one or both (friends) have significant others and their mates may insist they stop hanging out with their "friends".
    Given a choice between being with someone they're "in love" with or hanging out with a "platonic friend", someone they view as a sister or brother...etc Most people will (choose love) over their friend if it will keep the peace in their relationship.

5. DeeJayTee2019 profile image59
    DeeJayTee2019posted 4 years ago

people assume stuff . so no it's not a good idea to have a best friend of the opposite sex !

6. kenneth avery profile image82
    kenneth averyposted 3 years ago

Yes, but very rarely. Men have a tendency to fall in-love with a pretty girl. I confess that I was in this trap as a single guy, but those days are gone. I also wrote a hub, "I Love You, But Not Like That," which deals with this issue.
    Thanks for allowing me to share.

7. chaitanyasaivb profile image75
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

Its not necessary for a girl and a boy, to love each other, if they were in contact with each other. They can be just friends, and even true friends and best friends too. Sometimes, they may fall in love with each other. But, there were some friendships, between a boy and girl, which doesn't turn up to love.