Do you believe that the ascendancy of President Trump was influential in the Cha

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that the ascendancy of President Trump was influential in the Charlottesville riots &

other acts of racism by the Alt-Right & other White Supremacist groups?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8302137_f260.jpg

2. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 6 years ago

No. Everyone has a right to express their opinion and whether you are alt-left or alt-right, you have a right to be heard.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

The right to Freedon of Speech/to express one's self does NOT translate to the right of creating chaos, panic, injury and even DEATH to others.  This insane behavior is NOT a right but known as CRIMINAL, for which people must be held accountable.
    These outrageous activities and events have been going on forever...everywhere, by NUMEROUS idiot fanatics, for some asinine reason or another!!  Where the hell have you been??  Under a rock for a few decades??
    And what the HELL would any of this have to do with Trump?  Have any of the many RIOTS like this one been the fault of any of the previous Presidents??   Are people STUPID enough to think one man can cause normal, logical, peaceful people to suddenly become violent morons with no brains or sense of responsibility and create utter destruction??   I think not.  The individuals who engage in these criminal, ludicrous activities are our every day generic scum bags, who thrive on behaving like savages.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

fpherj48, there are going to be SOME FOLKS who will place the blame on President Trump.   I have seen it in the forums.   People are going to place the blame......on TRUMP.  Mark my word.

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have no doubt.  Of course they'll get around to blaming him if they haven't already.  What else is new?  BTW, the majority of my response was to Sycoph....not you. I assumed U would know that....LOL

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I know that.  I am completely out of it today.  I was thinking about my deceased parents, especially my mother.  She was a great person.  I miss her dearly.   Getting older can be such a bummer in some instances.  Peace, Fpherj48.

4. wba108@yahoo.com profile image79
    wba108@yahoo.composted 6 years ago

No I don't, these groups existed long before Trump was elected. There isn't the slightest evidence Trump is a racist or an enabler of racists. Apparently many Democrats feel that anyone who supported Trump is a racist whether they realize it or not.

Of course, the Democrat party has for a long time, shamelessly tried to pin the racist label on anyone who doesn't agree with them. They also seem to have the fascist tendency to use racism as a club to silence opposing views.

During the Obama years, hate crime hoaxes have soared. If fact,  over the last 10 years there's been over 100 hate crime hoaxes. Since America is one of the most peaceful and tolerant nations in history, the left has had to fabricate offenses to keep alive the false belief in widespread bigotry and racism.

Identity politics along the violence associated with it has been of the rise since the Obama presidency. Obama and the liberals did their best to fan the flames of division by advancing provably false claims of racism and bigotry of whites and others. Identity politics see's people as members of groups rather than individuals, this in itself is dangerous.

The true threat of tyranny in America comes from the left not the right. Liberals have for years tried to connect fascism to the conservatives when in fact small government conservatism has nothing in common with them at all.

Fascism has alot more in common with the political left in that both want more government control of society and the economy, both want to silence dissent through speech codes, both believe the free market to be a corrupting influence on society, both advocate wealth redistribution (legalized theft), both are secular and oppose traditional religion and morality ect......

5. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

No, social justice leading to systematic condemnation of whites on the basis of only their demographics did.

Top colleges teaching classes on why whites are inherently bad and Western culture evil.

Stanford University Introduces Course on ‘Abolishing Whiteness’
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/1 … whiteness/

That calls to kill white people are not considered unacceptable at universities but can lead to tenure.
    Mohammed Abed, a CSULA tenure-track professor of ethics and classical Islamic philosophy believes that genocide of whites is “morally required”.
    https://www.academia.edu/15848775/The_C … considered
    Look at how the kill all whites, kill all men and kill all Jews has tags are never considered unacceptable by Twitter's trust and safety council, but support Trump or oppose affirmative action and you'

Diversity training at companies is often explicitly biased. I have sat in diversity training where the female POC said all whites are racist, all men are sexist, all heterosexuals are homophobic and transphobic. It was an implicit bias training course. I asked if she recognized the explicit bias in that statement and was formally reprimanded.

Ashleigh Shackleford, HR training, saying all white people are racist, you aren't human
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWoC90bbsdo

Another case was when my former employer had a class called "What White Men Really Think". Premised that white men were only conservative because of social conditioning and communicated that you have permission and really should become liberal.

When someone can publicly advocate white genocide and NOT be punished in any way, why wouldn't the class hearing it decide to group together for its literal safety?

BLM activist advocates white genocide at Harvard
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC-Cqkq6zWc

Black Activists Call for Lynching and Hanging of White People and Cops
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/08/ … -and-cops/

This is the logical end result of identity politics and liberals routinely demonizing whites.

I don't support identity politics in any form - it is the elevation of group rights and death of individual rights.
    I also condemn rank racism in all forms, but per many liberals, to apply equal standards is evilly racist. Trump's condemnation of all sides, antifa and KKK, was seen as bad for the same reason.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)