Caught on film groping - should Senator Al Franken resign?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (41 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image93
    RJ Schwartzposted 9 months ago

Caught on film groping - should Senator Al Franken resign?

Photographic proof of a laughing guy groping a sleeping woman - should he resign from the US Senate?  People are already saying he should.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13784600_f260.jpg

2. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 9 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13784616_f260.jpg

I think he is thinking about resiging already.

Which is something different. A pedophile like Roy Moore makes 36% of Alabama voters want to vote for him EVEN MORE.

Al Franken put hands near sleeping adult's chest with others in the room -  yeah  - he's resigning.

What's your point? That GOP are are bunch of perverts who intimidate victims by saying multiple women are lying. 

It's almost like Islamic where 10 women's word is worth only 1 man's.

This stupid question is an example of " liberals telling Al Franken to resign and conservatives asking why liberals aren’t telling Al Franken to resign."

Here's the break down for severity of immorality. adultery which Bill Clinton was guilty of, is bad; molestation and sexual harassment such as Al Franken and Donald Trump are guilty of are very very very bad: the attempt of a thirty-something public servant to groom ,coerce and force children into sexual perversions and statutory rape is pedophilia and beyond bad and into the realm of mental-pathology such as sociopathic and psychopathic behaviors. And Franken is very likely resigning and has already began apologizing which, nearly meaningless gesture, is more than your president has attempted to make!

1. RJ Schwartz profile image93
      RJ Schwartzposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Why is it that you can’t provide an answer which doesn’t also demonize someone else?

2. lovemychris profile image67
      lovemychrisposted 9 months agoin reply to this

He's learned from the best.
      Q: "Mr president, do you have a comment on your behavior?"
      Trump: "Clinton!"

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 months agoin reply to this

You've got two of the persons with the most foam in their mouths here, the 'Chris' person, and the ptosis person. All you can ever expect are histrionics, screeching like barn owls, and emotional blathering.

4. lovemychris profile image67

Aww, u mad cause i called you out? Trump has droned more than Obama....u want him impeached?  Oh no. Trump wants to raise your taxes....u care? Oh no. This is called hypocrisy. Own it

5. Tom Lohr profile image97
      Tom Lohrposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Clinton did, and still does, way worse than adultery.

6. lovemychris profile image67

LOL! "Clinton".....I guess Trump has an out for the rest of his life....."don't look at me. Im pure as the driven snow...look at Clinton."

7. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Ralph, your question demonizes Al Franken.

Ptosis, good answer, as an Alabamian, I would not vote for moore if he were the only one running, Liberal or Conservative.

3. lovemychris profile image67
    lovemychrisposted 9 months ago

The photographer who took the photo said that it was a joke, and she was in on it. She is now a trump supporter on talk radio....there is zero integrity there. This is beyond ridiculous why none of the msm can find the photog and ask him this simple question. Nor does her explanation of "the kiss" sound credible to me, and he says he doesn't remember it that way. Furthermore, Roger stone, under his new Twitter handle tweeted about it the day before. He is a known right wing operative and also a known complete jerk. No, Franken should not resign. He said the right thing...let them investigate.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 9 months agoin reply to this

You need to mention the person who is alleged to have taken the picture was Al Franken's brother. Not very credible.

2. lovemychris profile image67

Why not? Franken was a comedian. She is now in talk radio. I believe it was a skit....like sleeping beauty, only he wakes her by squeezing her magic boobs. Too un pc?? And why would she be sleeping sitting up in a uniform?

3. ptosis profile image73
      ptosisposted 9 months agoin reply to this

YesDear: Because in the mil, you catch zzzz's when you can.  You're exhausted in the mil mostly.

4. RJ Schwartz profile image93

So it's OK in your mind to grope someone sleeping - got it
      Leslie is OK with groping.

5. lovemychris profile image67

She wasn't sleeping. She was participating in a comedy bit. Or are 2 men lying and she's telling the truth? She's a talk radio jock....not the most credibility there. She speaks gibberish for money! And she's a trumpite...the worst for telling truth.

6. RJ Schwartz profile image93

Are you victim-shaming her Leslie?  Covering up for "your Party" seems to be what you are best at.

7. lovemychris profile image67

Shes no victim. That was the fakest accusation I've ever seen. And she's a trumpet on talk radio...hullo. NO integrity. Everyone associated w trump lies. Believe them at your own peril.

4. breakfastpop profile image89
    breakfastpopposted 9 months ago

Of course, he should resign. He's a pig. I just read that the USO photographer was his brother! Obviously, he was proud of what he was doing.

1. lovemychris profile image67

So, because he's related, he's not credible? Kind of makes u wonder about a daughter and a son-in-law, huh?

5. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 9 months ago

I think, of all the people who have been called out for their abusive behavior of late, Franken has come closest to the correct response: he immediately acknowledged his behavior as wrong; he apologized; and he called for an ethics investigation, to determine whether this is something that should end his tenure in the Senate. Yep, I did it, and I'm sorry I did it, and I'll let my colleagues determine if I should lose my job.

If only some of the other politicians who have been called out could man up, and respond the same way, instead of victim blaming and lying and pretending they have the moral high ground...

I don't think he should resign for this one event, which happened in 2006, when he was still performing as a comedian. It was not a situation where he was abusing his power or position. I think if the investigation shows a pattern of this type of behavior, then yes, he should leave the Senate---and so should every other Senator, no matter their party affiliation, who has a history of abusive behavior.

Let's stop with the partisan finger pointing. Men (or women) who have used their power and position to abuse others should not hold public office, because they've shown themselves not able to wield their power wisely. This applies to ANY politician who has an established history of abusive behavior.

Hear hear!!

2. jackclee lm profile image82
      jackclee lmposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you. It should be up the the Senate body and it should be up to the people of Minnesota who elected him. He should suffer the consequences of his actions and it is the voters choice. The demonization and guilty until proven innocent...

3. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I believe that an investigation of Sen. Franken will clear him---but, because I default to believing any victim who comes forward, I do think an investigation has to happen, even if only in order to clear him.

4. lovemychris profile image67

Yes..im reading some VERY interesting things-such as the photo was altered, and serial numbers scraped off-such as would show who took the photo.Breitbart says it was the brother.i dont believe them if they say what day it is!Theyre going after dems

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image81

I agree!

6. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 9 months ago

Not clear that Franken was actually touching Tweeden. Tweeden was no innocent 14-year-old girl. I read that she posed nude for Playboy.

Funny...just like one of Clinton's accusers....the one who got a makeover and a new apartment.

2. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 8 months agoin reply to this

"I read she posted nude for Playboy" does not preclude being sexually assaulted. One has nothing to do with the other. It's just victim blaming.

7. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 9 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12910377_f260.jpg

Ralph

If we were to apply this standard to congress, how many of the 525 members could survive it?

The standard for congress should be their performance and their accomplishments. This is another standard that would be even more difficult for the 525 congressional members to pass.

It is the second standard that should be applied to political figures. It is not as if we consider the members of congress to models of human behavior, do we?

What has Al Franken accomplished for the benefit of the country and the people her congressional career?

delete my message, if I didn't properly address your question.

8. Tom Lohr profile image97
    Tom Lohrposted 9 months ago

Considering that he probably never really won the election that put him in the Senate anyway, topped with the fact he has done very little in the Senate other than act as a political hack should be enough. But add this, and yes, he should resign. I am not a fan of people dragging up stuff that happened 10 or 30 years ago, but if other are going to be held accountable, so should he.

BTW, he was NEVER funny. Even when he was a supposed comedian.

So Moore and Trump  should resign as well? Unless you are claiming 25 women are all liars? 16 accused Trump, 9 accused Moore, & plenty of co-berating witnesses. There is also court document taken under oath regarding Trump. & Franken pic was

2. Tom Lohr profile image97

Yes dear, there are a lot of inconsistencies in some of Moore's accusers stories, but if it is proven he did some of those then yes he should resign. As for Trump, notice how his accusers sort of disappeared after he won?

3. lovemychris profile image67

What proof do you need?  And Trump accusers have not disappeared. The truth is, MSM doesn't care. And neither do Trumpites. He TOLD you what he does to beautiful women, and ya don't care. It's locker room talk.....until he does it. Then it's a crime.

4. Tom Lohr profile image97

The proof I would need would be for years old accusations to come out BEFORE the election was in the balance. It's a current den tactic that seldom works. Fortunately, voters didn't fall for it. Timing is everything. Nice talking though. We are done.

5. lovemychris profile image67

Oh you don't dismiss me. Im done when I say Im done. And Trump accusers came out LONG before this election. You all just DONT CARE. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tr … llegations

6. Tom Lohr profile image97

Sorry yes dear, but you are dismissed. I should have read your previous comments before engaging you in conversation. Not interested in hypocritical dialog. Best to you.

7. lovemychris profile image67

Not interested? Too bad you live in a country where everyone doesn't think like you. You going to dismiss us all? Bwahaha. Youze can do it on hubpages...and you DO. but not in the real world.
      Cheers

8. Shyron E Shenko profile image81

trump was the only one who did not win a legitimate seat!  All you want is Franken's seat...when you already control the three branches of gov. and nothing has been done!!!  Leave the ones who have apologized and paid for their sins alone.

9. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 months ago

If Moore is denied a seat for the allegations against him, Franken must resign due to the evidence against him.

10. tunesworld profile image61
    tunesworldposted 8 months ago

Every body should there personal life. Other people do thet it's easy for us. So why they don't.

11. wrenchBiscuit profile image81
    wrenchBiscuitposted 8 months ago

Absolutely!  Franken should resign. I am also an entertainer, but unlike Al Franken, I am very sexy. Women literally stand in line just to have conversations with me, to get my autograph, and to touch me. I suppose such rude behavior is common with men like Franken who are not physically or mentally attractive to women.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)