Is it possible for Trump to make this country worse?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Tiffany Dian Payne Bph profile image52
    Tiffany Dian Payne Bphposted 3 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14628249.jpg
    From disrespecting women, racial comments towards congress of color, separating children from parents, inhumanity of migrants seeking asylum and now the tariff war continues with a 10% increase. Our country is doomed and we need to impeach him NOW

2. Tiffany Dian Payne Bph profile image52
  3. Tiffany Dian Payne Bph profile image52
  4. Tiffany Dian Payne Bph profile image52
  5. Tiffany Dian Payne Bph profile image52
  6. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 3 months ago

If those are your writing,  it's against rules to promote your own hubs in the forums.

To the question.   Trump is a symptom.  He is not the source of the problem. I think,  with the advent of the echo chamber of the internet,  people stopped talking, stopped thinking and became entrenched in their own dogma.

1. Credence2 profile image81
      Credence2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

No, he is more than a symptom, he is a catalyst.

Tiffany Dian Payne Bphposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I can agree with that and he needs to be stopped ASAP

You got a big 10-4, there, Tiffany.

Thank you

Ok there needs to be an option to remove it. I was unaware of this rule

7. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 3 months ago

I think Trump has caused severe damage to this country. His hate has ravaged the American psyche. If the average American tweeted the hateful venom he does, they would be fired from their job. It's  time for voters to fire him and select a real leader who will strive to bring us together, not sit around tweeting hate and lies.

1. aware profile image68
      awareposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Obviously you have never read the comments section of any political site or news site. Now with this latest incident you can go to any one you like CNN MSNBC you name it I don't care you pick one. You go to the comment section and you see the hate being poured out towards white people in general.. I'll tell you a comment that you will read continuously and that is if it was a black person they would have been shot instantly. And I'm going to tell you this if it was a black person the color of his skin would never have been mentioned. Now who is stirring this pot .social media .media Outlets.. a bunch of anonymous people with private accounts. And racist calling each other racist. Is a hateful mean inciteful medium that needs to be taken down. Well regulated to the hilt

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
        PrettyPantherposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Are you saying that a comment by a person on a news article carries the same weight and effect as a tweet by the President of the United States?

1. aware profile image68

I am saying it weighs a ton more

I guess we just disagree on that point.

1. aware profile image68

I respectfully disagree.

2. aware profile image68

Have you seen the comment sections today ? Are you denying that they are filled with hate and anger? Most of it directed towards white people?

I don't  read that junk. What some idiot Joe Blow has to say has no effect on my life. POTUS is an entirely different matter.

1. aware profile image68

Well it is what the Joe Blows are saying to each other that are making each other angry and it's all over social media it's right in front of our face and it's blowing up in our face. And you're not paying attention.

I'm not participating.

Most blacks don’t attack white people, yet we just witnessed a president tweeting go back we’re you came from if any person in the workplace said this they would be fired or written up. Yes I excepted black to retaliate and lash out because white people actions are showing

1. aware profile image68

Pretty sure I just witnessed a bunch of black people attacking white police officer in the streets Brooklyn. Pretty sure I just saw a video of black teens beating an Islamic man also. In Brooklyn also saw a video of a gang of black people attacking an innocent man all within the last week. Also read that over half the homicides in Baltimore last year were caused by single gunshot wounds to the Head. All black people. But I guess you haven't heard. You are quite the selective racist

3. aware profile image68

I am 50 years old presidents come and go this one will go also. I am a registered independent and the two parties give me two assholes to choose from and no matter which asshole I choose one of these assholes are going to call me in an asshole for it and not let my asshole do their job. I support whoever wins whether I like them or not or whether I voted for them or not because I am an American.

Are you saying people should support a guy that treats migrants like wild animals, support him grabbing women by their p****, or should we support his love for dictators

1. aware profile image68

Do you know who Jimmy Morales is ? do you know who  Maduro is ? Can you name one of the leaders of African nations?

This is not Africa, and trying to compare it to the vaunted United States of America and the hypocrisy of it how its creed does not match its actions is most disengenuous of you. You had better be careful about your name calling.....

4. aware profile image68

Are you saying that one man is responsible for the hate in this world? Are you saying that racism is all one man's fault? Are you saying children starve and die out all because of one man ? Are you saying that if we got rid of this man everything would magically go away? .. because if you are I'm sorry I respectfully say that it's your fault.sighs

No, I didn't.say any of that nor do I believe it. I am saying that the man who is supposed to at least try to bring us together is intentionally saying hateful things in order to divide us. I will add that the man who should be shaming white supremacists refuses to do do.

1. aware profile image68

What is the difference between a white supremacist or a black supremacist?

2. aware profile image68

And why exactly do you need him to do that ? to make you feel better ? How?

Isn't he our leader? Shouldn't  our leader guide us to be better, not fuel the hate?

1. aware profile image68

It's our country. We should be held accountable. Not one man.

Sorry, just saw this response.

Yes, but that one man has great esponsibility to serve our country with humility and put aside differences during times of crisis.

That is what I believe , and I believe he has failed to do so.

2. aware profile image68

There are other powers-that-be that are fueling this hatred and stoking the fire social media Outlets need to be regulated and held liable

1. promisem profile image96
                    promisemposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Regulating what people say on social media will violate their 1st Amendment rights.

2. PrettyPanther profile image84

You changed the subject and didn't  answer the question.

I can agree that social media giants like Twitter and Facebook need to monitor hate speech, but within the framework of our constitutional right to free speech.

I repeat: 

Isn't he our leader? Shouldn't  our leader guide us to be better, not fuel the hate?

Aware
            One man encouraged the division of our country. We know hate exist prior to this man taking office but this one man has provided a stage for white nationalist. He encouraged racist actions from this group.

Aware of course people of color are retaliating again him, he is considered a bigot, racist and a rapist.

1. aware profile image68

You know people of color is a bigoted statement. What the hell does that even mean? You are a hateful person bitching about hateful people. Every person has a color. You have been staring into the abyss

Aware
            Every person does not have a color and that is why tanning businesses are money makers. But you won’t she people of color going to these places only people who lacks color.

1. aware profile image68

Tanning business causes cancer. And you are not the color decider . Black and white are not skin tones

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
                Randy Godwinposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I'll bet you're a Hannity and Limbaugh fan. You're in the right area to be one. Correct?

White mean without color. Sorry to disappoint

1. Live to Learn profile image80
                  Live to Learnposted 3 months agoin reply to this

You should back off an argument when proven wrong. An albino is without pigment. If I were 'white' I'd need some type of bleach additive in the bath water because that color just isn't on my body.

2. Live to Learn profile image80
              Live to Learnposted 3 months agoin reply to this

You remind me of my sister in law. She made a point of commenting on how beautiful her skin was and what a shame it was for people who were white, while nodding in the direction of my grand daughter and I. My granddaughter looked at her arm and informed her she wasn't white. Because no one's skin is white. Everybody has color. My granddaughter was about 8. She was too young to have been exposed to racist rhetoric such as that.

2. Credence2 profile image81

Let not equivocate, Aware, you know damn well what she is talking about...

PrettyPanther
      I agree and seeing all the hate he pours out a blind person can see he is racist. White Nationalist support him and he will keep giving his supporters what they like.

8. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 months ago

Could he make the country worse?

Of course he could.  He could lose jobs by renewing punitive tax rates and replace the business rules that have opened up thousands of jobs.  He could go back to ignoring unfair business practices and he could go back to nearly open borders, allowing anyone that wants in to come.

He could return to the practices of the past, in other words, that caused our economy to grow so slowly and cost jobs, putting tens of thousands on the welfare roles - that would certainly hurt the country.

1. promisem profile image96
      promisemposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Instead, he removes the "punitive" tax rate on himself and other billionaires and skyrockets the federal deficit and national debt.

So much for Republican fiscal conservatism.

And yes, he is making the country worse. Thanks to his skyrocketing debt, the sh-- will hit the fan when the next recession comes, which is now looking like early next year.

I couldn’t agree more

Promisem
        You are absolutely right and we will soon feel this soon

And we will see, if he is that perfect shoe in for another term once the economy tanks...

Wilderness
      You mean past practices like Rowe vs. Wade he wants to overturn? Some states already made abortion illegal. That seems like going to the past practices

9. Randy Godwin profile image91
    Randy Godwinposted 3 months ago

To answer the OP, sure it's possible for Trump to make this country worse. He has over a year left and look how f***ed up our country is now. Dozens of murders of innocents in the last two days.Wake up people and get your pitchforks sharpened!!  yikes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)