2020 & Beyond

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13911055.jpg
    The 2010s are nearly gone.  How will you remember the 2010 decade?   What were the good things about this decade?  What were the bad things about this decade?  What you expect from the 2020 decade?  Will the 2020 decade be BETTER or WORSE than the decade of 2010?   Also the year 2020 will be the 75TH ANNIVERSARY of the end of World War II.   How will America & the world progress in 2020?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image47
      The0NatureBoyposted 3 months agoin reply to this

As for me, I believe I remember the 2010 decade as the arrival of the messiah seeking those of us who have "extra oil" enough to carry us through Armageddon and into the first millennium, beginning late in the 2020 decade, of the seven leading to the rapture during the seventh millennium just before the alternative civilization arrives.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 3 months ago

This last decade for me was by far the worst of my entire life. With all my might tried to pioneer eco villages and tiny houses and found out they are more Illegal the than weed.

Yet with such, heavy challenges much like how I pioneer sand and snow sculptures bussiness worldwide, there was a painful learning curve. Got my sh_t together now, and ready for an unstoppable high energy wave of success for a decade or two to come.  As far as the rest of the World, the world will change itsself.

3. lovetherain profile image72
    lovetherainposted 3 months ago

The weirdest decade of my life

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Probably the weirdest for most people.

1. lovetherain profile image72
        lovetherainposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Why?

Mostly the synthetic wealthy are allowed to keep getting greedier as destruction follows in our very weird world.

It has always been this way.

Yes and empires keep falling and the people rebuild again.

Yes.

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 3 months ago

I see the 2020s as a decade of trying to rebuild from Trump's destruction of this country, but I'm not sure that we will ever recover. We have too much "progress" that won't help us rebuild people's lives. For example, robotics and AIs will replace a staggering number of workers. To boot, our country has a failing infrastructure and does not have the money or the raw materials to rebuild roads, streets, bridges, sewers, water systems, etc. Our farm land is worn out, and it is being taken for new construction...which will surely come to a halt. Most electrical grids aren't government or municipally owned, so if materials are available, those willing and able to work will have jobs. That is, if the renewable energy industry can prevail over the oil and gas industry. People will have to be able to afford energy at all if that is to happen. And without jobs, how can they? We are already in a vicious cycle.

Our allies are starting to hate us, or at the least, have no sympathy for us. Most of them depended on our generosity. As with friends, allies tend to be fair-weather friends anyway. They're gone as soon as the beer runs out.

I almost foresee our falling into a tribal society in which people may have to go back to depending upon each other for shelter, sustenance and protection. The world is depleted of raw materials right now. These materials can't be replaced in a generation or two. At least the Native Americans on the reservations and the hill people still know how to live on very little. They will survive even if Mr. and Mrs. Gotrocks do not. But you asked about the 2020s, and I believe it will be at least 25 years before that happens so I'm getting ahead of myself.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 months agoin reply to this

???  Robotics and AI's are Trumps destruction of the country?  Our failing infrastructure, that has been going on for decades, is iTrumps destruction of the country?  Farm land that is worn out is Trumps destruction?  That people may not be able to afford "alternate energy" is Trumps destruction?

How do you come to these conclusions that President Trump is destroying our country with problems that existed decades before he came on board?  It's much like saying the world is depleted of natural resources...as we continue to produce, and use, more and more of them every day.

2. promisem profile image96
      promisemposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I share your concerns. We have a President who is doing everything opposite of what needs to be done with the economy, environment and government.

If we can have hope, it falls on every one of us to do what we can to help solve these problems instead of making them worse.

We do have many people who already think that way. It's just a matter of whether there are enough of them.

Maybe Trump is a good thing, if he can show how evil the US Government realy is, by his leading the way. Maybe Americans will wake up and be aware and bring in :Power to the People:.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image47
          The0NatureBoyposted 3 months agoin reply to this

A truth well spoken and his greatest accomplishment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)