Joe Biden Accused of Sexually Assaulting Aide in 1993

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (104 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 4 years ago

I had to post this since it appeared in a reputable left-wing source:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-bide … 6a7a2a88f2

This is serious stuff and I don't care how long ago the accusation happened. It will be worth every Democrat's time to follow this issue and then decide if they can support Biden. I was ready to support him, but I don't know if I can choose between two sexual predators.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why is only the Left-wing reputable?

crankaliciousposted 4 years agoin reply to this

For obvious reasons, particularly since they are unlikely to run such a story for purely political reasons. I would happily post something from the Wall St. Journal or similar. Most right-wing links provided on this site as source material are junk with little to zero journalistic standards.

Yes, of course.

Well my reply is simply this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBwu5JL6Hg

I recommend turning the volume off and watching the headlines, they speak for themselves.

I'm sure. You noticed I said it was left-wing?

I don't know when those quotes were made by Ariana Huffington, but she sold that thing for a billion dollars (or whatever), so now it's the same corporate stuff as the other "news" sites.

My point was that as a social liberal, I can't ignore that story.

I also hope you're happy that I posted that story and didn't leave it for one of you right-wingers to do it, knowing that all the Lefties would dismiss it. So notice - I posted an anti-Biden, anti-Democratic Party, anti-left wing story. I posted something somebody of my ilk wouldn't/shouldn't normally post. Not sure when I've seen a right-winger do the same.

And I don't watch YouTube for any of my news. So much doctored garbage that can be posted by and altered by anyone. Headlines are headlines, meant to get readers to read.

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Everybody knew from the outset that, in my opinion, Biden was not our best choice and how fellow Democrats could not see what was quite clear to me, is beyond my understanding.

1. If I did not know better I would believe that this outcome was pre planned and orchestrated by "the other side". In this tweedledum/ tweedledee scenario, Trump is almost guranteed to be reelected. He is not worried about his competitor in that sense. His real concern is the coronavirus and his losing only because of the possibility of a dismal economy next November.

In our quest for "moderation", with Joe Biden we have removed what it was that distinguished our candidates from Donald Trump. So if you want your authentic corporate lackey, you had just as well stay with the real thing, Trump?

I have to also look at what appeared to be the badgering of Anita Hill on his part during the Clearance Thomas hearings in 1991. Which misogynist do you prefer? With Biden trying to make amends with Hill 30 years after the event for obvious reasons, his sincerity tends to ring hollow.

He brings a lot of baggage of his own that we don't need and that Donald Trump and his scurvy crew will quickly exploit during this campaign.

He has been found wanting regarding his reception toward issues of concern to progressives in other words, A Corporate Democrat.

Regardless of all this, I have no choice but to support Biden, like I had to support Ms. Clinton, who was not my preferred candidate but was the lesser of two evils.

I adhere to the philosophy of the Democratic Party and certainly not that of the Republicans. And while Joe Biden falls short in my opinion regarding the direction the party needs to move in, he would be a steady if immobilized hand. I would have preferred someone more activist in outlook. At worse, I would be standing still. But that is better that being associated with Republicans with whom I have odds with regarding virtually everything.

But as part of the Democratic process, I have to accept the verdict, although I disapprove.

Once again, I am being put in a situation where I have to vote against a candidate rather than voting for one. And that is not the way we win elections.

Yang, Gabbard, and Warren (though she has proven false and turned from what she said she believed in, in my book) were viable candidates I would have considered.

I do feel similar, though not as strongly as you do Credence.  I wanted a real alternative to consider.  I wanted a person who was going to attempt to make changes to benefit Americans.

I wanted someone who could stand in front of America and articulate a strong message, a different road to travel, that was meant to help Americans.

Instead we got the most corrupt crony of the bunch, who happens to potentially be a pedophile, and is certainly slipping into senility as the alternative to Trump.

It sickens me that the Democratic Party has become so obviously corrupt, such lackeys to International Corporations and Foreign Powers that they can silence all voices within the Party worth listening to... and present this wretched letch as the alternative to Trump.

1. Credence2 profile image78

Ken , thanks

I recognize that you and I are going to see all this somewhat differently.

I wanted that REAL alternative too, but the people would not have it and are not ready for bold initiatives. As I say, Trump IS America and America IS Trump.

But, the Republicans have always been a known quantity for me and I reflexibly distrust them over all else.

2. crankalicious profile image87

Credence,

I'm in this same boat. I don't even want to vote, but Biden's policies align more closely with my own, so I guess that's how I have to vote.

Maybe he picks Gabbard or Warren as his running mate and I can feel a little better about things.

What I really would like to see from the Dems is somebody completely, socially liberal while expressing actual frustration at how the government spends and wastes our money with a plan to trim government while making it work better.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"What I really would like to see from the Dems is somebody completely, socially liberal while expressing actual frustration at how the government spends and wastes our money with a plan to trim government while making it work better."

Not possible (if they are honest).  As the Democratic policy is bigger and bigger government, responsible for more and more of the everyday needs of everyone in the country (or on the planet, for that matter), it automatically means more and more money.  If government is to supply all medical needs, for example, or all secondary education, it requires money.  Much more than is available at this time.

So...not possible to reduce spending under Democratic policies or increasing responsibilities.

"What I really would like to see from the Dems is somebody completely, socially liberal while expressing actual frustration at how the government spends and wastes our money with a plan to trim government while making it work better."

Wilderness, you and I both know that the Republicans do not know how to do this either.

They just kow tow to their own constituency  and are just as wasteful in their own way. It just depends how you look at it.

2. crankalicious profile image87

I agree, it's not possible. The irony, of course, is that although Republicans say they believe in less government, government spending has gone up under their leadership. If you compare government spending under Republican and Democratic administrations, that spending goes up more under Republicans.

Yep.  They aren't much better - they just don't make it a priority.  It happens just the same, but they don't prioritize having big government.

But a random thought - are Democrat give-away programs gaining real traction years after they are passed...during the next administration?  The medicaid expansion, for example - don't know who pushed that, but it is a good example of democrat philosophy and was strongly implemented during Trump's reign (at least in my state).

What drives me nuts is that the Dems don’t see the opportunity to go with a “smaller government that works for all of us” sort of philosophy.

Somehow that goes against everything they stand for.  I don't understand if it is a drive for power (bigger government means they have more power) or money. 

For some reason the party has decided that government needs to control the people in nearly every facet.  People are children, it seems, to the democratic party, unable to care for themselves, unable to support themselves, unable to make any but the most minor decisions for themselves.  The party must do that for them.  That means power, with a capital P, for the party, of course, and with that kind of power comes money.

Follow the money, always, for the reasons behind the proclaimed ones.

Unfortunately for me, the Democrats also push things I'm all for.  Gay rights, for instance, and abortion rights as well.  They are the champion, far more than the right, for acceptance of all without bias.  If they could just do that and stay out of my pocketbook, along with out of my life (as much as possible) they would get my vote every time. 

But they can't.

2. Credence2 profile image78

Thanks for your response.

I hope that Joe is smart enough to pick a progressive running mate to help to unify the party. The two you mentioned are excellent choices, to help to shore up our prospects next fall.

Waste does not necessarily have an ideological label. We can all agree to the need for government to become more efficient and less wasteful. It is just that the Dark side, pays no attention to one kind of waste while my side pays too little attention to other forms. And political hucksterism and sleeze keep legislators from coming together to identify and remove waste, fraud and abuse, even when there is not ideological component.

3. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this is exactly why I did not want Biden to be the Democratic nominee. Too much in common with Trump. Still, he is at least sane and capable of caring about other people

At least Biden does retain the capacity to admit when he has been in error and apologize, a trait sorely lacking from our "stable genius".

The ability to listen, learn and acknowledge mistakes and change course is an admiral one when found in a leader. Trump is none of that.

2. Ken Burgess profile image75

That is most certainly an opinion only.

In my book, he is far worse than Trump, he made his billions selling out America's best interests and Americans.

The man is fast tracking to senility and he is an establishment hack.

Its truly telling, that people who are so outraged about what Trump is accused of being (from mentally unstable, to racist, to sexist) are willing to support someone who is absolutely racist, sexist, and going senile.

It shows there is no heart, no willingness to fight for what you say you believe in, if you are willing to support such a wretch.

Maybe if you stopped supporting the criminal cabal that promises you one thing, then craps all over you while selling you out, a difference could be made.  If you refuse to support Creepy Joe, if these corrupt establishment hacks can't get Americans to support them, maybe some real change can happen.

You justify your support for Biden all you want, the man is everything Trump is accused of being, and more.

Where is your evidence that Joe Biden is worth billions?

This Forbes article and others say he's worth 9 million.

That's quite an exaggeration.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin … 115af6104d

The money went into offshore accounts, went to his son, went to his son's "investment firm" and so on.

If you want to, I am sure you can track down all sorts of information regarding the 'allegation' I just made.  I'm sorry I am not interested in doing so myself at this time, maybe one day I will do so and write a Hub.

So Forbes just missed all that? Sorry, but that claim doesn't seem even remotely truthful.

I did some searching and the first article I came across that even hinted at this was from the NY Post, not exactly a bastion of truthful information. If by billions, you mean all the money that all the firms connected to Biden and all his relatives made over the years, then that appears correct. It does not appear correct though that Biden himself has anywhere near that much money. And given how long he's been in politics and the speaking engagement fees he was able to charge, it's certainly not surprising he's a millionaire.

2. profile image0

A few weeks ago I let it be known here that I would vote for any Democrat who gets the nomination except for Biden or Bloomberg. I made a pact with myself to always feel good about my vote. Of course, that incompetent, lying POS will not get my vote, either.  If Biden is the nominee I will write in Elizabeth Warren.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80
            Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Its truly telling, that people who are so outraged about what Trump is accused of being (from mentally unstable, to racist, to sexist) are willing to support someone who is absolutely racist, sexist, and going senile."

Can we all say Hypocracy?  Yes, the Dem party could not have picked a better candidate. Does this not make some stop and think about what is going on in the Democratic party?

They want to defeat Trump with a man that actually has done pretty much maybe even more than what they have accused Trump of doing.

Can we all say half-ass backward?

Just a thought, could the Dem party at this late date be tossing Uncle Joe under the bus to broker in Cuomo, and maybe even add Hillary in as VP in the bargain?  Do you think the Dems could pull this grift off? It would mean once again skrewing Bernie. But, in my opinion, this is in their playbook so why not pull it out once again.

One thing for sure, it seems Ms. Reede is more than willing to step in and do her part. It seems she hopes to save us all from Joe. Wonder why she waited so long. LOL

The memory of Ms. Ford although a fading memory comes to mind. She also stepped in at the very last minute to save us all from Kavanaugh. If it's in the playbook, use it, no matter how obvious, it's still a winner, it still sells well.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
              Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It 's funny to me the Trump supporters are complaining about Joe being a womanizer when they wanted such a person in the WH last presidential election.

Can you say hypocrite?

1. Sharlee01 profile image80

Randy, I have read my comment, I have not complained of Biden being a womanizer. My point was to point out the hypocrisy of people who are so outraged about what Trump is accused of being (from mentally unstable, to racist, to sexist) are willing to support someone who is absolutely racist, sexist, and going senile.

No judgment on the condemning the act. I don't even know it to be a true accusation.

I think if you read my comment again you will see me giving a clear opinion that I think this is a political ploy. I can't figure out which party is perpetuating the grift.

I am jaded when it comes to the opposite sex when it comes to how some men conduct themselves. I don't in any respect condone sexual abuse of any kind. However, I am not blind to the fact it is part of our society and an unfortunate part.

I think it Hypicridical for anyone that condemns one man and not another that has pretty much the same womanizing reputation. Although, It seems like Uncle Joe is a bit more perverted in his exploits.

No way you spin it, Randy. it's hypocritical to condemn one man and not the other. You do realize there has been a ton of women come out to tell their stories of Joe's sexual misconduct, as there was with Trump.

So, will this make a difference when you vote? Will, you perhaps see my point of voting for an agenda? You do know ultimately that's what we all will end up doing once again. I think I have finally been able to make my point in regard to voting on the agenda offered up. At this point in our history, we have little else we can do.

4. Misfit Chick profile image75
        Misfit Chickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure that I already explained to you why Biden is the best choice against Trump:

1) Conservative #NeverTrumpers won't vote for a Bernie or Warren - and we NEED their votes. Why do we care about that? (See #2)

2) B & W's ideals (and obviously your's) are too extreme in the opposite direction of Trump and his belligerent army of conspiracy theorists - which would only do more to make the divisions in this country more pronounced, if that's possible. HEALING is what this country needs now, and I'm not talking about the virus.

3) This country has plenty of time to 'change' toward your ideals further ahead into the future after current political boxing matches are either lesser or done away with.

4) Now is the time to put someone 'mediocre' and 'moderate' in the potus office to start restabilizing the country and stop the boat from rocking so hard. He's only going to be in there for one term. He's going to pick a woman VP. If he chooses Warren, she'll be potus after him. You can wait.

5) Quit acting like a Trump loyalist, and HELP your country. We had enough of SPITE during the last election, which is how we ended up with Trump. TOP priority is voting him OUT.

6) Any other priority at this time is MOOT and irrelevant. Change will come, all in good time. To everything there is a season. Patience not spite.

It is a free country, MC and we are free to disagree as I do with you now.

1. I think that Trump and Republican Party have become one in the same and I think that the party wastes political capital trying to attract moderates or liberal Republicans as they are few in number and I doubt would support Democrats anyway. We need to stoke our base, instead with the promise of an alternate course. Mediocre and moderate just guarantees Trump another term, as it takes energy in general to dislodge an incumbent. That energy is an excited and motivated electorate.

2. Healing? I am not confident that Biden can dislodge Trump

3. We have had these "boxing matches" and ideological warfare between people and political parties since Reagan's 1980's. There is no time like the present, kicking the can has already been done for too long. If Trump or Biden is reelected chances are the opportunity to really shake things up a bit will be shelved for who knows how long. The advocates for the status quo are very powerful as you well know.

4.You know, MC, maybe I am tired of waiting. If Joe is smart enough to get a good candidate to balance the ticket, considering both factions of the party, it will go a long way. The scenario that you paint is far from certain with plenty of possible diversionary paths from the objective sought.

5. I help my country by supporting progressive candidates in earnest. I only support Biden because the TOP priority is getting Trump out. So, we are on the same side but for different reasons.

6. In my experience, We have had a history about being told to "wait" for change by those that never intended to change anything. My position is to continue to agitate and never take my eyes from the prize.

3. Eastward profile image79
      Eastwardposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was already concerned enough about all the videos of Biden sniffing and groping women and children in public. That alone isn't really proof of anything more than inappropriateness though (that subject was addressed in another thread). It wasn't likely that I would have voted for Biden anyway, unless, as petitioned for by Kyle Kulinski, he put a progressive like Nina Turner on the ticket. Now, I don't think I could vote for him no matter who he puts on the ticket. I listened to the interview and I believe she is telling the truth.

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh boy.  Lord knows President Trump is going to have a field day if he runs against Joe Biden.

5. Randy Godwin profile image62

I read the article Crank, but didn't see any corroborating witnesses who can back her story up, such as people she  told about the incident at the time. Perhaps I missed it?

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nowadays all it takes is for a girl to say "You hurt me", and people will assume guilt until proven innocent.  Look at what happened with Johnny Depp.  All it took was for Amber Heard to say he hit her, and everyone in the media rushed to her defense, while Johnny lost his job as Jack Sparrow in the Pirate of the Caribbean movies, with no proof to back up her claim other than her word.  Yet years later, we're finding out she was actually the one abusing him, yet Johnny was the only one that suffered from her accusations, so sometimes just an accusation is all it takes to soil someone's career.

That's why if I was a rich celebrity, I wouldn't go out with any women; let alone sleep with her; unless she was willing to sign consent forms to each date we went on.  Got tested regularly for any diseases and pregnancy tests, and especially before sex, i'd have her sign a consent form before we even do anything.  You can say that would be a mood killer all you want, but I'd rather be a mood killer than a guy who pays the price later.

Yes, famous people are often accused of such. That's why I never became famous. tongue

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

Love your common sense.

2. Eastward profile image79

Not specific to the Tara Reade accusations, but just in case you weren't aware of the other women speaking out against Biden:
        https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 … -list.html

Personally, I look at the big picture and Joe's attitude of entitlement. It's the accounts of these women combined the numerous videos of him inappropriately touching women on camera and the way he treats voters that question him. There's also a long list of lies he has been able to tell with a smile.

Apparently this didn't hurt the present POTUS"s chance in the elections. J/K! tongue

1. Eastward profile image79

It's amazing how low the bar has been set, Randy. Moving forward there might be an opportunity for Musk's Boring Company to tunnel underneath it wink

3. crankalicious profile image87

Well, it should be easy enough to corroborate her story. Certainly, she must have told quite a number of people.

Really, what if she did not tell anyone? Will, you believe her, as so many right here held up Ms. Ford's accusation about Kavanaugh. When friends that were at the party she claimed her abuse took place had no recollection of her story. Do you feel we need a Congressional investigation on Reede's accusation as we had with Kavanaugh? After all, the Presidency is our highest office. Her claim is clearly one of rape. So, do we need to call Biden in and investigate the matter?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

There were several people who wanted to speak with the investigators about Kavanaugh and were never contacted, Shar. Why was that?

Yes, there were some at the time, some backed down shortly after. The friends she claimed were at the party could not confirm her story.

At any rate. I am making the point of how hypocritical it is to support one man that is accused of sexual abuse, and condemn the other. You're going off subject.

So, will you vote for Joe with these kinds of allegations? Will you be apt o believe Ms. Reede's alligations with possibly little proof but her word? This will be telling of your convictions. You have held up lofty convictions, which I believe is wonderful. Will you be standing by them when it comes time to vote or will you weigh the consequences,? Wil; you vote on agenda, setting aside convictions?

I will vote for Joe unless there's more to the story than is already reported, Shar. After all, you heard Trump's own words saying what he could do and still supported him anyway.

If Joe said the same, it would make a big difference in the way I looked at him as  POTUS candidate.

Yes, I heard his words. As I have heard many men say off-color sexual remarks throughout my life. I find that an unwanted forced sexual attack much worse than big mouths words.  If I understand you you find it more acceptable to hold someone down and insert fingers into her vagina and do it with force., then verbally telling her to get out "you are a nobody". You consider for a man in the presence of another man bragging what he could do to women in beauty pageants. "I can grab them in the ---- and they let me. Do you feel did a worse offense?

If Joe did attack Ms. Reede he needs to be charged, have his day in court.  If this woman has any proof of this attack Joe could be in deep trouble.

Although, it most likely will go nowhere. But we will all have to vote.  We once again will be forced to consider the party, the agenda, not the man. I voted agenda, feeling my party was backing someone with not only an unattractive old agenda but to someone I could not respect. I backed a blow it wide open agenda, one that said "it's time the buck stops", time to look at what American's need at this point in our history. I overlooked personality and demeanor.  Been there done that...

I appreciate your response, it did work to make me think. Once again seems like we are back to 2016. Same problems, same decisions must be considered.

2. profile image0

Why would you care if Joe is accused of these things? Trump has been accused of the same and more by multiple women over the course of many years and that's perfectly acceptable to you and every other Trump fan.

The nerve of you people is still astounding. And really, really Gross with a capital G.

1. Valeant profile image87
                  Valeantposted 4 years agoin reply to this

People that are willing to brush off an accusation from a 14-year old and then try and take some moral high ground on the issue is, as Panther says, Gross.

Why?  This man is running for president. Why,   I must ask the same-- Why did you care about what Trump had done before he ran? Will you vote for Joe or call him a POS?  Hopefully, I answered your question. Nice defect, not interested.

1. profile image0

I've already said multiple times I will not vote for Biden, and I said it before this latest allegation.

Again, why the F do you care, given you knowingly voted for a man who openly admitted to assaulting women and ogling half-dressed minors?

6. Sharlee01 profile image80

Well, Huffington used her name as well as quoted her. Not a nice story. this is a pretty raunchy story. However, Biden has not responded with any form of a statement on this sexual attack.  It seems Tara Reede waited a very long time to report this and perhaps should have reported it to the police instead of a reporter. Why now? One is innocent until proven guilty. Politics are dirty, and this is just the beginning.  What the hell next?

There was a response there, which was to urge the press to investigate because they know its fault. So that's an interesting response. It's nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to see more evidence for her accusations, just some people to back her up. But given Biden's attack on Anita Hill, it doesn't seem like he was overly respectful of the female perspective back then.

I never heard anything about Biden attacking Anita Hill. Is it the same Anita Hill that claimed she was sexually assaulted by [Justice Thomas?

This will hit the Sunday morning shows. I hate to say this, but the timing looks planned. It looks very obviously planned. Need to hear from Joe...

Joe Biden's attack on Anita Hill during her testimony during Clarence Thomas's SCOTUS confirmation hearing is pretty well known and he's apologized for it. I'm using "attack" for a verbal attack.

I thought you were referring to a sexual attack, not a verbal one. Yes, I do remember how he berated her. If I remember, in the District of Columbia there is no time limitation for bringing a sexual crime charge against someone. Ms. Reede is claiming a lot more than smelling her hair.

One has to wonder where will all of this goes?

Today, I am seeing many articles where Biden's Champaign has labeled the story false. Time to have Ms. Reede give her proof if she has any. This could be all a political smear from either side.

7. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

“I don't know if I can choose between two sexual predators.“

So crazy Bernie is a sexual predator? I didn’t know that.

8. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My first thought: WHY is Biden's bad sexual behavior a big deal and Trump's isn't? Even if its true, T-man is FAR guiltier - so, I won't even be considering it.

You can't use 'bad stuff' against Biden as long as Trump has him beat in the same issue - and then some.

1. profile image0

This seems so obvious to most of us, doesn't it?

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

It's humorous to me, actually. Joe Biden as the candidate for the democrats brings into sharp focus the failings of that party, the way their elite ignore the rank and file in order to allow the elite to maintain the status quo.

Any who will defend the decision to make Joe Biden the anointed one have lost any credibility they may have ever had.

And those who would minimize the ramifications of these new allegations, if they supported the woman who, with no corroborating evidence, attacked Cavanaugh......shame on them.

3. emge profile image79
    emgeposted 4 years ago

I am somewhat compelled to agree. I  wonder why the lady has not gone to the police. it's ok she has gone to the press but the police is also important. I am sure Joe Biden has his own version as well. Why is this incident coming up after so many years?

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Out of curiosity did you hold the same position during the Cavanaugh hearings?

1. Valeant profile image87
        Valeantposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Many of us held the position that we wanted to hear from more witnesses in the Kavanaugh confirmation to determine the character of a lifetime appointee.  That they fast-tracked the process to silence those allegations was an issue we had.  Many of us are fine getting more investigation into this accusation as well so we can determine for ourselves how credible it is.

For me, this is similar to Kavanaugh and Trump where there is a good chance that each has shown impropriety towards women in their past, but only the Democrats are to be expected to hold their candidate to account. 

And since this accusation, Biden has proved himself capable of being Vice President for eight years, albeit with some personal space issues, but nothing that rises to the level that Trump had been accused of and forgiven by the GOP (call me when a 14-year old girl accuses Biden of rape).  While not ideal, still the lesser of two evils and a competent civil servant that won't take government on a huge spending spree.

1. Readmikenow profile image95
          Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What disgusts me about the Kavanaugh hearings is how many of his accusers have recanted their stories.  It was fake and only for the media to exploit. These people who recanted their stories weren't covered much in the media.

"Fifth Kavanaugh Accuser Recants

A Rhode Island man who accused Brett Kavanaugh of raping a “close associate of his” on a boat in 1985 recanted just hours after the claims were made public Wednesday.

The accuser, Jeff Catalan, called the office of Representative Sheldon White House of Rhode Island “making allegations concerning a rape on a boat in August of 1985,” according to transcripts of a call between committee staff and Kavanaugh released on Wednesday."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fif … r-recants/

So, what do you think?  Could the Dem'sbe pull a Kavanaugh on Biden?  I know this is only a thought. However, it seems to be out of the same playbook. It is clear the Dems are in a corner and have little chance of winning with Joe.

Maybe they are looking to pull out an old overused play to broker in Cuomo.  I realize this is all hypothetical. Care to dive into the hypothetical, offer an opinion?

1. Readmikenow profile image95
              Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think it is obvious there is no lie the Democrats won't perpetuate to get what they want.  When people say President Donald Trump lies, I tell them you'd never know considering the number of lies told about him.  Blatant falsehoods the left will tout as facts.  So, I believe they are frustrated their media lackeys and lie machines aren't working.  They lie so much, they lied to themselves into believing Joe Biden is a worthy candidate.  They believed their own rhetoric so much, they've lost touch with reality.  Hypothetically, I believe they are deluded enough to stick with Joe Biden and justify his mistakes and believe they are victims of the system when their person isn't elected.  That is the play book of the current Democrat party.  I think that is what has to change for them.

1. hard sun profile image78
                hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is the definition of the pot kettle analogy.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

Isn't that the point? It's pot kettle all around. There's no high ground in the current political climate.

We heard enough to know there were absolutely no corroborating witnesses and many witnesses to the contrary of MS. Ford's testimony.

Fortunately, we know that Kavanaugh is a complete fraud because he lied during his confirmation hearings. So I'm not sure I'd believe him under any circumstance.

1. tsadjatko profile image65

What lie was that?

Geez. Tell me one person in Washington who hasn't repeatedly lied.

I can't think of one.

1. tsadjatko profile image65

Evidently crank can’t think of one lie to answer what lie Kavanaugh said, probably because he is just parroting a talking point headline from Vox or other left wing fake news article.

Here, this may help explain what I just said, the answer to what lie Kavanaugh said:
                https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/ … -baseless/

Could be political, could be perpetrated by either side. Here is how I look at it.

If the Dems came up with the ploy --- They could broker in a candidate. Like Cuomo. Which at this point is getting lots of love from media, as well as the public patting him on the back for doing a good job handling the virus. I don't think I have heard a negative word on Cuomo. In my opinion, he would make a great candidate for president. I think the Dem can see all the left BS they have been pushing for a while has doomed them. Cuomo is a common-sense man from New York. Actually he is a Trump, that can control his mouth. very common-sense man. Hey,  they could dd Hillary to the ticket to try to clinch the deal.

The GOP--- They could be behind this story. It certainly is a scandal and would point out the Hypocrisy if they tried to ignore it. Good fodder for Rallies not to mention media. Joe has a colorful past, the Republicans will most likely use his past to batter hin.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This woman could literally charge Biden with rape. The District Of Columbia has no time limits on reporting sexual abuse.

4. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14941377.jpg

1. profile image0

His pettiness during this crisis is so maddening. You all think I'm disgusted, you should hear my husband. Retired military, three tours in Vietnam, served at NORAD and in the Pentagon, adored Reagan. Lifelong Republican until Trump. He literally hates him.

5. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 4 years ago

After the Rose Garden MyPillow debacle today, who wants some action whether tomorrow's Covid-19 briefing will be:
    1.) Kanye West
    2.) Kid Rock
    3.) Ted Nugent
    4.) Scott Baio
    5.) Jon Voight

But that MyPillow guy sure did ensure himself a nice chunk of that 500 billion bailout money.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You got me Valeant. I had to go find that Rose garden video with 'the My Pillow guy'. But after watching, I just have to ask . . .

Was it also a debacle because David Pryor of Proctor & Gamble spoke? Or Debra Waller of Jockey International?

You seem to be poking fun at 'the My Pillow guy', but are you also poking fun at his switching 75%, (per the video), of his production to producing face masks for this crisis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nhplpkWs0

Sure, 'the My Pillow guy' is ripe for picking if you just want to make a jab at the president, but why leave out the other companies and all of their noted efforts to help with the crisis? Are their products and efforts more respectable?

Or, do you just think it is unreasonable for a president to be giving public acknowledgment to private sector companies that are trying to help?

GA

Nice try...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)