America Has Been Tricked ...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

In So Many Ways.

BLM was a hate group: hatred of police, but I still see BLM signs up!!!
    I still see signs about no human being illegal, (let them all across the border!)
    I'm surprised I'm not still seeing "Joe (Kind) Biden for President" signs!

Are we not even ashamed at how we have been tricked?
    (At least show a little humility and take down your signs!)

- who has tricked us?

Hint: (?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbVyHVmmKs

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

America has been tricked into voting for Biden/Harris which is why America is in the morass it is in.

2. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

And they are laughing at us

Clown World

Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

- when will Logic raise its beautiful head?

America has been tricked into becoming an embarr ass ment.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

And in what other ways have we been tricked?

Is the pandemic just a tool for "their" control?
    Was Biden's fraudulent election a way to de-Trump what Trump did?
    Were people fooled into thinking that what Trump did was bad for the country, when actually it was beneficial?

Yes
    The Way I See It

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Who honestly needs billions to live well on? .

It's beyond living well ... way beyond.

- power is endlessly desired.
        you cannot get enough of it.

Money gives you that power.

Yes, money is indeed power.  Money is EVERYTHING.  Have money & one is a KING/QUEEN, don't have money & one is LESS THAN ZERO.

2. gmwilliams profile image83

In this economy, people need AT LEAST six figures to live well.   The high five figures are not sufficient to lead a comfortable life.  If one has billions to live on, MORE POWER to him/her.  I applaud him/her.

This high of greed turns people into daffy duck

Financing is just 1/5 of the equation in the balance of life.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
            MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Daffy Duck? or Uncle Scrooge McDuck!

2. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That depends on what is "a comfortable life". It is myopic to think that a six figure income is necessary.

It depends whether you are single or have a family or kids on top of that.

It depends on where you live, it is a little easier living in Jefferson City Mo. over the "big Apple" right? I don't need to live in New York to make me content, don't like being fenced in.

It depends on your life style and the choices that you value. I pension under 6 figures yet if I were not married, my preferences and lifestyle would make me comparatively rich. I spite of all that, no one is starving or homeless.

There is a bottom limit where even a single person living frugally has to consider poverty, but most people are not there.

No, it ISN'T myopic in the least.  In today's escalating economy, six figures is the minimum to live comfortably.  By comfortably, there is enough money for the necessities without worrying about living on the street plus having a huge disposable income not mention investment income.  One has to be realistic here.   Six figures is NEEDED to live a comfortable life without struggle.   Six figures is needed to live in a NICE neighborhood,  go to restaurants-not generic ones like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback etc.( I go to those when slumming), have computers, etc.   To have a comfortable life, one has to be AT THE MINIMUM upper middle class.  Even solidly middle class is ON THE EDGE of living comfortably-one has to REALLY SCRIMP to live COMFORTABLE as a solidly middle class person(middle level of middle class).   If one is lower middle class or lower, life can be or is a big b..............

1. Credence2 profile image78

I wonder what the studio audience have to say about this.

I am being reasonable, I just disagree with your rigid definitions and "one size fits all" analysis.

You can still struggle with incomes over 6 figures, depending upon any number of undefined circumstances.

Surely, they taught you along the way that holding large sums of "money" does not always equate with happiness or satisfaction

Who says that going to "nice" restaurants is a must for living comfortably, for example?

You are speaking of absolutes at a specific income level when the reality is relative and subjective.

I think that the vast majority have found reasonable comfort under the 100K threshold.

I wonder what others within our forum family thinks?

six figures is the ideal. Is it a reachable reality?

....  if you plan ahead? get the K-12 education you need? get the financial help you need for higher education? choose a lucrative career you have an aptitude for? get the best from your parents who do not have too many children? A mother who can pitch in because she earns what her husband earns? (and vice versa.)

I too would like to see the facts/ figures and the timeline which enables/guarantees a soul to achieve sixFigures.

Money: So, when is there ever enough?

There is NEVER enough.  Are you kidding me?   There is NEVER ENOUGH...

+100000000000

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Credence, I think Grace just tipped her hand here. My husband and I are retired on comfortable pensions that don't amount to a six figure income. We live on a half acre in a nice neighborhood in the county. We own two paid for houses (the one we live in is about 3,000 sq. ft. including an attached greenhouse), and we will soon be in the process of selling the smaller one of them to to put toward the purchase of a house on a lake or a good Arkansas fishing river. We are putting one of my full pension checks into a savings account each month toward a cash purchase. We don't give a damn for snob restaurants or nightclubs. In fact, we prefer not to try to show off our asses in public. My husband went to French cooking school in Paris when he was in the Air Force, and can fix a better meal than any of the chefs in town. If I want to brag a little, I am Vice Regent of our North Little Rock Daughters of the American Revolution chapter and get to attend more snob events than I really desire. I love the public service part of the organization, especially the service to our veterans.
                I grew up poor, thanks to parents whose families lost their farms during the Great Depression. My husband is the son of a self-made Memphis millionaire. At one time Elvis worked for his father as a truck driver. Years ago, my husband told his father to shove his money where the sun don't shine, so he wasn't left a dime in his dad's will. But it didn't matter anyway because his younger brothers ran the business into the ground before his father passed away.
                So you see, lots of money is for the greedy. People can live very comfortably without a six-figure income if they make the right decisions and learn the secret of being nice to people along the way.

You are doing well, that is great.

The missus is an accomplished chef, and I am a willing guinea pig for her newest creations. Fortunately, I have a cast iron stomach.

My wife is handicapped and unlike your circumstance, my pension carries us both. Yes, I could want for a few more things, but at what price? There are no more "joneses" to keep up with at this point. I have evolved beyond the point of the need to accumulate things for its own sake or make impressions on others whose approval I do not need. What do I do instead? Improve myself, enrich myself. I now have the time to be the very best at whatever I put my hand to.

Reviewing Maslow hierarchy of needs, my aspirations  are on the top of the food chain.

I tell the wife all the time that a successful retirement is a three legged stool. My money(enough for necessities and regular creature comforts) my time(am I doing what I want to do with it?) and my health. Each leg is as important as the others.

Who the hell wants to live in NYC? You enjoy your acreage and your space. So who says you are "deprived" because you don't have a combined 6 figure income?

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

Credence, I love to hear stories like yours. Isn't it wonderful to have a chef in the family? Y'all are younger than we are, so she probably has a pension coming in the future. You can look forward to that. My real aspiration is to find a place by a nice running creek or a small lake and just lollygag around. It doesn't take much money to do that.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Apparently the corporate billionaires do.

Yes, Kathryn.  It is called the dumbing down of America.  Stay tuned. Leftists such as the Democratic Party WILL DESTROY this country.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Oh, I'm sure the Democrats convinced China to send the covid-19 virus over here to start a pandemic just so they could win over Trump. lol I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. That sounds like something right out of the QANON playbook.

4. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

But who is ThEY

3. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

You have been tricked, you are not wrong there. One of the ways you have been tricked is just the same as this guy here: https://www.centralmaine.com/2021/08/30 … -covid-19/

Are there other ways that you have been tricked? Yes, of course.

Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again. George W. Bush. Favorite.

JUST don't get fooled twice.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

it'll happen again if we don't isolate the facts as to the hows and whys we got tricked the first time.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

For instance, is it wise to pick a Vice President due to gender, skin color and looks instead of actual leadership qualities? How did we get tricked into accepting superficial qualifications versus superior qualities, such as strength of character, conviction of political beliefs and the ability to lead and take command in duties assigned by the President?

I mean they didn't even like each other during the campaigning and Harris lost the presidential nomination!

and then we see/accept her in the position of VP?

and If Biden has a physical problem preventing him from serving as president, we have This VP as President!

https://www.thoughtco.com/us-constituti … ext-105394

... and why? because she is a female of a certain genetic back ground?

Will we be tricked into accepting weak leaders like this one again?

I wonder.

Funny, the right winger always assumes that if you are not white male, you are automatically not qualified. It is the purest of BS

Let's go down memory lane a bit, shall we?

I remember Dan Quayle, GHW Bush running mate in 1988 against Lloyd Bentsen running with Dukakis. We all thought he was a lightweight.

Both Quayle and Harris have served in the US Senate and both have had reasonably impressive resumes. But, Harris, a black female, is going to be evaluated using a different yardstick, will she not?

Remember that great "zinger" Bentsen delivered on a televised debate, when Quayle attempted to compare himself with JFK? That was classic.

Was Quayle selected as VEEP based on superficial qualities? Of course not, that could not be possible because he was a white male, so he has to be eminently qualified through default?

I was talking about true qualities for the purpose of good and appropriate leadership. Being female and "black" are not valid considerations when selecting a leader. Female for the sake of itself and black for the sake of itself is worth very little. These qualities were icings we didn't even need or want.
        I think we were tricked into wanting them, tricked into thinking we needed them, by the pervasive and persistent messaging of our media outlets.

What leadership qualities did Sarah Palin or Dan Quayle have that are so apparently lacking in Harris, that you can support in an objective fashion?

Sarah was not selected for white-ness or female-ness.
            She stood for what she believed and many people believed the same things. She was honestly chosen for the qualities and political positions she ran on.

We wanted Bush, we had to take Quayle, but what did we know of Quayle? We just trusted Bush.

We knew Harris. We knew her nonsensical laughing, cackling and giggling.
            Her ability to say what she was told to say, and think what she was told to think. That she waffled in her political stances like a feather in the wind.

Of course, we were tricked into accepting Biden for presidential nominee, as well.
            In the California primaries, Sanders should have won. How did he not?

Everyone, here, was for him, it seemed.

https://www.usa.gov/election

Harris is otherwise qualified, and she just happened to be black and female.

You really think that the fact that Sarah Palin was a woman was not a contributing factor to John McCain's decision to have her as a running mate? Come on, now...

Compared to late model Republicans HGW Bush was OK. But Clinton was better.

Your descriptions of her superficial personality qualities are not objective. Quayle had been know for endless gaffes.

So many of your folks never really change, I had a great deal of resentment coming my way at my being hired for a professional position. So many thought that because I was black I got the job, no thought was ever given to the possibility that I might, just might have been qualified as well.

I would have preferred another Democrat nominee to have ran last November. But compared with Donald Trump, Biden was custard. I brooded over that frustration with the Democrats. But at the end of the day, I have had to select less desirable over "much worse".

Credence, Biden was a zero.  Well, America is GETTING what SHE DESERVES.  Isn't karma a b-------------?   Hate to SAY I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO.   Biden is the quintessential definition of a DISASTER.   One has to be completely----------to vote for Biden!   Haven't you learned from voting from Obama, a disaster?    Trump was FAR BETTER than Biden.

he trumped Them all.
                  and thats why he was booted.
                  we were tricked

its  o u t
                  of our hands.

2. Credence2 profile image78

If Biden is a zero, then Trump is a negative number.

What did you tell me? As opposed to being stuck with Trump or any Republican, I am more than satisfied with Biden.

My marbles are just fine, how are yours?

There was and is nothing to learn from my standpoint I don't trust Rightwingers, hard core conservative types nor Republicans, period....

Being a woman was exactly what got her selected as a running mate for McCain. The GOP thought that with a woman on the ticket, he would be a shoo-in for president. After all, the U.S. wasn't ready for a Black president, now were they?
                I believe she is the very reason he was defeated because even some democrats were for McCain. Maybe the U.S. wasn't ready for a Black president, but they certainly were not ready for a big game shooting hussy.
                I think Kathryn was saying something about people being tricked when they elected Biden?

Well, MizBiz, I liked John McCain as well and in a different reality I could have really entertained voting for a Republican.

I think that the 2008 tsunami was blamed on Republicans and Mc Cain had those head winds to contend with. No, America was not ready for a black president, but the Republican brand was so badly tarnished at this time, almost any Democrat could win. I really believe that if the GOP did not have those headwinds that the McCain/Palin ticket would have won in 2008.

Just like Trump probably would have won, if he were not brought under by his mismanagement of the COVID crisis, at least in the perception of large numbers of potential voters.

Now that is funny, "a big game shooting hussy".

I was dead cold sober when I cast  my ballot for Joe Biden.

Kathryn, it is no longer the age of substance but the age of superficiality in politics.  Gee, this would be a GREAT TITLE for a hub.  Is anyone game?

The Age of Superficiality in Politics.

... some one who has a strong constitution. big_smile

How about

Ugly show business for the delusional

Thats funny.
            Lately I have been developing a style of abstract artworks/paintings for a gallery show called, "Ugly Art."
            The works will consist of mindless, overlapping shapes and textures and apparently thoughtless and weird color-combining.

They will be uncomfortable to look at,
            ... as is what is going on today.

Perfect for election campaigns.

lol

"Kathryn, it is no longer the age of substance but the age of superficiality in politics."

Exactly, that's how an unsuccessful businessman who knew nothing of government fooled so many people into voting for him. But he still didn't win the popular vote. At least a majority of Americans have some sense.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Is the American dream something we have been tricked into believing is true/reachable?
    ... when in all actuality, we are taxed and regulated into poverty these days.
    Lol

I mean no, this is not a laughing matter!

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

I believe we have been tricked to believe our president is accountable. He knows he is obedient and does what he is told.
    Maybe Trump knows too.
    The Taliban have risen. They were released from jail and they have been given weapons.
    These ruthless lawless people have been given A GREEN LIGHT and it wasn't by Biden or Trump.
    ... although both of these presidents had a hand.. Perhaps their hands were forced by the evil Force which is hiding and guiding so well.

"The February 2020 peace deal signed by the Trump administration and the Taliban pushed the Afghan government to release up to 5,000 prisoners, some of whom played key roles in the Taliban’s swift takeover of the country."
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/prison-power- … 8pXwgYbhpw

"The Taliban takeover, far swifter than officials from either administration had envisioned, has prompted questions from even some Trump-era officials about whether the terms and conditions of the deal — and the decisions that followed after — did enough to protect Afghanistan once the U.S. military pulled out.

The historic deal was always high-wire diplomacy, requiring a degree of trust in the Taliban as a potential peace partner and inked despite skepticism from war-weary Afghans who feared losing authority in any power-sharing agreement.

“The Doha agreement was a very weak agreement, and the U.S. should have gained more concessions from the Taliban,” said Lisa Curtis, an Afghanistan expert who served during the Trump administration as the National Security Council’s senior director for South and Central Asia."
    https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-mi … 4604aa11be

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

There is a force which guides as it hides.
    It's goal is to remove independence form every country in the world.
    Can we stop this force?
    No. Perhaps we can only learn from this force and it's better luck next time around.

Although, I still believe we are to rise victoriously ...
    at some point in time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)