Do You Play Tic - Tac - Joe?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image83
    Sharlee01posted 10 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16567871_f1024.jpg

I have a very simple question and hope some here will share their thoughts.

It is very clear that the media, and yes, people in general seem not to have a problem with Joe Biden's propensity to make up stories, or as some see it simple gaffes. Some appear to even just assume what his words mean.

The unfortunate problem is, that some of his statements are very much made up, just not true in any fashion. They are not just him stumbling or forgetting the right word. They are lengthy made-up stories. 

The lists are long, and I think youtube would be the easiest way to present just a few of Biden's accounts of things he feels happened in his life, but facts show otherwise.
    This link gives I feel the saddest examples of Biden's delusional stories.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOjlfRpXHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98tBhyYWAHY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTo16H6OaYU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1HrQ6yilc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE0gN5iaveY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcZp8ZXCmg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRw0fA6YHUw

I will stop there, but the list is long and really alarming. Did you check the links? Or perhaps you just don't care to face the problem America faces with this President being in the White House --- Or did you just play --- Tic-Tac - Joe?  Just choosing to believe these mistruths were gaffes?  Perhaps adding or subtracting a word or two, in an attempt to make any sense out of Biden's statements. 

Straight up ---   So, is it a good idea to keep Biden in office?

Is it just better to frantically jump from square to square, in an attempt to cover Biden's cognitive problems?  "no he may have meant this"...  I mean what does playing Tic-Tac-Joe really say about those that participate in such a game? 

1. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee:

I am going to play the same game you guys play.  What about Trump? It doesn't matter how many of thousands of  times he lies or his speeches are incoherent with huge run-on sentences or that he sounds like a third grader when reading from a teleprompter. There are many times I had to ask what did he say?

All one has to do is watch Saturday Night Live and see the perfect examples of Trump's ramblings. His rallies are designed to have uniformed people interpret what he says to their own liking. They are loaded with dog whistle phrases.

By the way are you a certified psychologist who can definitely say he has cognitive problems?  He stuttered for many years and I think he is doing a great job in front of the world audience.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 10 months agoin reply to this

It does not take a certified psychologist to point out the numerous lies he has been repeating. Why are you playing the role of apologist for this person?

Sharlee01posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Hey! Thanks for posting. I did not think I would get even one comment. I think it is an important topic we need to dig up from under the sand. In my view, more need to face Biden is actually becoming more confused daily.

2. Sharlee01 profile image83

First and foremost --- Thank you for sharing a comment. I really did not think I would get any comments on this thread. I put it up to learn, one could say.

I think the "What About Trump Game" is a tried and true game.  I mean one can surely compare the two presidents when it comes to the way they communicate, and the lack of skills that are apparent in both.

Trump would say whatever he wanted to, off the cuff, and very much transparent with his thoughts.

Biden has made it clear someone is pulling the strings on what he can say. However, he frequently goes off script. I feel this is when he reveals a problem with his mentation.

I don't think Trump has a problem with his cognitive skills, he has a problem with his personality. In my view, and I have shared this view frequently here, Trump is narcissistic. I feel after watching him for years, he has an excessive or erotic interest in himself, and how he feels others perceive him. This is a personality disorder.
        he has a  true sense of self-importance; he is preoccupied with success;
        he seems to point out that he is entitled to be successful, and he is arrogant.

However, not attractive traits these types often do good in business. Narcissists can often be very successful in the workplace. This is due to their charisma, extreme self-confidence, and good decision-making skills. They are impulsive, and demand answers.

I am not a psychologist, however, I am a nurse and educated in the skill of assessments of medical, and psychological problems. -- This may surprise you,  Nurses in any setting holistically assess their clients' physical, emotional, and mental health, as well as any impairments impacting their functioning.

I have noted many problems in regard to Biden's cognitive skills, he walks with what is called "shovel hands" with fingers pulled together to resemble a small shovel. His facial features when he is off the script he has a pensive. look that indicates he is trying hard to make up something on the spot. He smiles at inappropriate times. He becomes angry at inappropriate times. If he were a patient, these are all things I would chart, and report to the Doctor.   No, I am not a physician nor can I make a diagnosis. However, I am educated to assess while the patient is in my care.

I have shared this only due to you brought the subject up.

Stuttering has nothing to do with making up untrue stories. I take it you did not watch any of the links I shared.  He did not stutter in any of them, he just in many cases told mistruths, stories that held no truth whatsoever.

One does not need SNL when a president will go out and end a speech with the inappropriate words "God Save The Queen" --- sorry, this man has problems, and they need to be addressed soon er than later.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtVIW7TGaio

All politicians use dog whistles do they not?

SNL ratings are way down, it will be interesting to see if they return or are finally done. It seems they had become too political, and this may have tanked them after
        so many years.

Again I do appreciate the your taking time to leave a comment.

My comment was about pointing out the hypocrisy between Trump and Biden. It looks like you have finally come around to what Trump is really about.  He fits the profile of not only narcissism, but also being a master con artist. 

There was a time when you were willing to overlook all of that because you were more concerned about his performance. I have to point out you did the same thing with Tucker Carlson. 

I too am more concerned about Biden's performance and I think he is doing a hell of a job considering where the world is today and what Trump left him with.

I did not look at your links because I did not want to be overwhelmed with his "lies".  Now we have AI and who knows it is very easy to edit videos to look and hear they way we want.  Welcome to the 21st century. 

How do you expect to address "Biden's problems". If he is impeached, you get Kamala. Or do you want to campaign so that he won't run or become a 2nd term president?

I have always pointed out the same view here on HPs in regard to Trump having a narcissistic personality. And yes I have always supported his job performance. I thought he was one of the best at getting things done and having all American's backs. I disagree that he left Biden a mess. I feel the country was doing just fine even with the pandemic in Trump's last year in office. Stats are proof of that. My list is a mile long in regard to what I favored about Trump, and what I felt he accomplished.  All started to fall apart on day one with Biden, and he made mistake after mistake that has led to where we are today. Inflation, open borders, and energy-dependent once again on outside sources. And a war that is costing us billions.  Nothing has gotten better only worse.

'I did not look at your links because I did not want to be overwhelmed with his "lies".

Each and every statement Biden made on those tapes can be sourced as truth. Most right back to the White House Transcript,.  Or Cspan.

"There was a time when you were willing to overlook all of that because you were more concerned about his performance. I have to point out you did the same thing with Tucker Carlson. "

I shared with you several times I did not follow Tucker. I can remember you asking me to watch one of his episodes, and I did. I also offered my view that Tucker was hyperbolic, and his form of reporting stirred his audience up.

I think it would be wise to watch the links I posted, and if you are open-minded you will. I will be glad to further source any of the links I
            posted.   

I realize Kamala would step in. I think we need to do the right thing and remove a man that is not suitable to do the job of president. And no I can't run, I have no experience in running a country.

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 10 months agoin reply to this

I will take faux pas and errors over deliberate malevolence from my leader. anyday....

You bring up Trumps style, I say that it smacked of deliberate malevolence and callous BEHAVIoR and ATTITUDE far too often

Case in point, Trump and his "rain check", as a veteran, I find that highly offensive.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-rain-c … d=59119504

Families of slain Marines call Biden's conduct at the ceremony 'disrespectful'
        https://news.yahoo.com/families-slain-m … 00312.html

"I have incredibly good judgment. One, I married Jill. And two, I appointed Johnson to the academy,” he said referring to Delaware lieutenant Carrie Johnson who had introduced him to stage moments before ( bit.ly/2GsCdHK ). Then he said “I just want you to know that. Clap for that, you stupid bastards.” After the applause, Biden said to the audience “Man, you are a dull bunch.  Must be slow here, man. I don't know.” 
        Joe Biden

"‘Burn in hell!’: Biden faces criticism from families of 13 soldiers killed in Kabul airport attack"
        https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl … 11989.html

Just always can go both ways.

Sharlee:

This is from your link.  So it's unclear as to whether Biden checked  his watch or not, but because some irate right wingers don't like Biden and his response to them is enough for you to think he is cognitively impaired..

It's understandable that people would become distraught at seeing family members in coffins and would become emotional. Maybe Biden was talking about his son to console them.

"It’s unclear from video of Mr Biden at the dignified transfer whether the president actually checked his watch during the solemn moment; he could be seen glancing down as he lowered his arms. Some of the family members of the fallen service members have criticised him for appearing to check his watch. Former president Donald Trump also joined the fray.

“When he just kept talking about his son so much it was just – my interest was lost in that. I was more focused on my own son than what happened with him and his son,” Mr Schmitz said.

“I’m not trying to insult the president, but it just didn’t seem that appropriate to spend that much time on his own son.”

Sharlee:

This is from your link.  So it's unclear as to whether Biden checked  his watch or not, but because some irate right wingers don't like Biden and his response to them is enough for you to think he is cognitively impaired..

It's understandable that people would become distraught at seeing family members in coffins and would become emotional. Maybe Biden was talking about his son to console them.

"It’s unclear from video of Mr Biden at the dignified transfer whether the president actually checked his watch during the solemn moment; he could be seen glancing down as he lowered his arms. Some of the family members of the fallen service members have criticised him for appearing to check his watch. Former president Donald Trump also joined the fray.

“When he just kept talking about his son so much it was just – my interest was lost in that. I was more focused on my own son than what happened with him and his son,” Mr Schmitz said.

“I’m not trying to insult the president, but it just didn’t seem that appropriate to spend that much time on his own son.”

So, how about explaining his statement last week  --- "God Save The Queen"? I think this example should tell you a lot about Biden's confusion. Or perhaps you can change a word or even two ---  Like God Save America".   One would think Biden knows what country he lives in, or did he at the time he said that?

The time for excuses is over, just time to either keep him away from a microphone or impeach him.

You made a good point when making mention of Harris. So, maybe just keep Joe out of sight.

Here is one answer:

https://www.ctinsider.com/news/article/ … 157411.php

The internet is wonderful in a bizzare sort of way. One can find anything they want to support whatever confirmation they are looking for.

1. IslandBites profile image90
                  IslandBitesposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I had no idea, but apparently its an Irish thing.

https://hubstatic.com/16570384_f1024.jpg

If you read the comments, more than one person said they use the phrase in a similar context.

https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/1 … g&s=19

How ridiculous.  He also has the Irish habit of lying about how his son died. And -----

Really --- No respect for your opinion on this one. Not about to waste any energy on a response.  Sorry, I am a very blunt individual, and I can see we need to agree to disagree or I would look very much ridiculous arguing about what this very confused man clearly said. 

I must say, you play Tic-Tac_Joe really well... I sort of thought you would not.

I can agree with your sentiment in regard to all the maybe's...However, is it intelligent or wise to be continuing to make excuses for Biden in regard to his cognitive state?  He made the claim his son died in the Iraq war 8 times and counting. Each time his words trended, and the media blasted them as being untrue every time.  It would make sense that he would stop telling the lie. Goldstar families even took it as offensive.
            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … llout.html

Maybe just time to consider the Nation has a problem. Biden is not up to the job of President.  Times for playing games, decyphering Biden's words must come to an end.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)