GEORGIA INDICTMENT

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (98 posts)
  1. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 8 months ago

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis (D) is expected to present her case this week against former President Trump over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia.

Willis is expected to seek charges against more than a dozen individuals when her team presents its case before a grand jury next week. Several individuals involved in the voting systems breach in Coffee County are among those who may face charges in the sprawling criminal probe.

Two witnesses said over the weekend said they have been asked to appear before the grand jury Tuesday, including the state’s former lieutenant governor.

As Willis' announcement looms, security around the Fulton County courthouse in downtown Atlanta has been heightened ahead of the possible charges against Trump and others.

2. IslandBites profile image90

Trump’s legal team connected to Georgia voting system breach: report

Prosecutors involved in the Georgia investigation into former President Trump’s attempts to stay in power in 2020 have obtained evidence showing a 2021 voting machine breach was part of a “top-down push” by Trump’s legal team to access sensitive voting software, according to a report published Sunday by CNN.

The connection between Trump’s attorneys and the voting machine breach in Trump-friendly Coffee County in Georgia has been previously reported. In September 2022, video footage was released that showed a forensics team hired by Trump’s attorney, Sidney Powell, spent hours handling voting equipment on Jan. 7, 2021. The footage showed the team copying data from the voting machines and handling poll pads containing sensitive voter data.

The new reporting from CNN, however, reveals conversations among key Trump allies ahead of the voter machine breach.

According to text messages, CNN reported, a local elections official who helped facilitate the voting machine breach sent a “written invitation” to Trump’s attorneys six days ahead of the breach. Former Coffee County elections official Misty Hampton reportedly authored the letter. She, along with Rudy Giuliani and Powell, according to CNN, have been questioned on the issue.

The letter giving “written invitation” to access voting machines was shared widely with a group of Trump allies, CNN reported, including with members of the firm Powell hired to help with the operation, Sullivan Strickler.

Giuliani’s attorney, Robert Costello, reportedly told CNN that Giuliani “had nothing to do with this,” and, “You can’t attach Rudy Giuliani to Sidney Powell’s crackpot idea.”

Text messages obtained by CNN, however, seem to reference Giuliani multiple times, referring to him as “the Mayor,” in connection with the “written invitation” and with plans for the breach. Giuliani has been informed he was a target of the investigation in Fulton County.

A Jan. 1, 2021, text message from a Sullivan Strickler employee to a group chat read, “Just landed back in DC with the Mayor huge things starting to come together!” and “Most immediately, we were just granted access – by written invitation! – to Coffee County’s systems. Yay!”

CNN also obtained text messages that showed efforts to gain access to the Coffee County’s voting system started in mid-December.

Hampton, while serving as the top election official in the county, was spreading theories about Dominion voting machines, which caught the attention of Trump officials, who reached out to her to “obtain as much information as possible.”

In early December, Hampton refused to validate the recount results in Georgia by the deadline, delaying certification of Biden’s victory. She represented the only county in Georgia that failed to certify the results of the election, CNN reported.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 … ch-report/

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/13/poli … index.html

3. IslandBites profile image90

George Chidi, an Atlanta journalist subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury, has just arrived at the courthouse. He had said on social media earlier this afternoon that he would be testifying before the grand jury today, instead of Tuesday as originally expected.

The presiding judge, Robert McBurney, just appeared briefly and told the deputies in his Fulton County courtroom that “we need to keep this courtroom and this courthouse open” beyond the usual closing time. It's a sign that chances are growing that an indictment in the Trump investigation could come this evening.

4. IslandBites profile image90

Trump team is preparing for Georgia indictment and expect charges to be delivered imminently

Former President Donald Trump’s team is preparing for a potential indictment to be delivered imminently in the Fulton County District Attorney’s grand jury investigation into his efforts to overturn to the 2020 election results in Georgia, his advisers tell CNN.

“We've already briefed our surrogates, our allies. We’ve already teed up conservative media, they've done pre-written pieces ready to pop out,” a Trump adviser told CNN.

5. IslandBites profile image90

Grand jury’s findings being presented to Fulton County judge

Grand jury returns an indictment for 10 people

The court clerk wrote on a certificate that the grand jury has returned an indictment. Ten people were indicted.

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Now that's live!

You want to wager whether Trump will go for his 4th indictment? After all of this the man has to be guilty of something.

6. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 8 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16179057_f1024.jpg

7. IslandBites profile image90

Indicted... again!

Georgia grand jury indicts Trump in connection with efforts to overturn 2020 election

A Georgia grand jury indicted former Trump this evening, charging him as part of a sweeping investigation into the effort by him and his allies to overturn the 2020 election.

There are 19 defendants, including Trump, in the Georgia election indictment.

8. IslandBites profile image90

There are 19 people charged in the Georgia case, according to the indictment.

Donald Trump, former US president

Rudy Giuliani, Trump lawyer

Mark Meadows, White House chief of staff

John Eastman, Trump lawyer

Kenneth Chesebro, pro-Trump lawyer

Jeffrey Clark, top Justice Department official

Jenna Ellis, Trump campaign lawyer

Robert Cheeley, lawyer who promoted fraud claims

Mike Roman, Trump campaign official

David Shafer, Georgia GOP chair and fake elector

Shawn Still, fake GOP elector

Stephen Lee, pastor tied to intimidation of election workers

Harrison Floyd, leader of Black Voices for Trump

Trevian Kutti, publicist tied to intimidation of election workers

Sidney Powell, Trump campaign lawyer

Cathy Latham, fake GOP elector tied to Coffee County breach

Scott Hall, tied to Coffee County election system breach

Misty Hampton, Coffee County elections supervisor

Ray Smith

9. Valeant profile image87

And let's see if they remand Trump to jail pending trial for his blatant witness tampering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7X8vdn … c2huZXI%3D

10. IslandBites profile image90

Trump facing RICO charge and several conspiracy charges

Donald Trump was indicted on more than a dozen charges by Fulton County District Fani Willis on Monday stemming from the former president’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia.

The grand jury approved charges against Trump for a violation of Georgia’s RICO law – or Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization – which accuses Trump of being part of a broad conspiracy to attempt to overturn the election result.

Additionally, Trump was charged with several counts of soliciting a public official to violate their oath. He faces charges related to false statements and writings, and to the filing of false documents as well.

Prosecutors say Trump and others "joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome"

In an introduction to the indictment, prosecutors allege there was a conspiracy to change the outcome of the 2020 election “in favor of” Donald Trump.

“Defendant Donald John Trump lost the United States presidential election held on November 3, 2020. One of the states he lost was Georgia. Trump and the other Defendants charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump. That conspiracy contained a common plan and purpose to commit two or more acts of racketeering activity in Fulton County, Georgia, elsewhere in the State of Georgia, and in other states," the indictment reads.

11. IslandBites profile image90

Prosecutors allege Trump and defendants engaged in "criminal enterprise" with 30 unindicted co-conspirators

The 41-count indictment unsealed Monday in Georgia accused former President Donald Trump and the other 18 defendants “unlawfully conspired and endeavored to conduct and participate in a criminal enterprise” after Trump lost the election in Georgia.

The charges include False Statements and Solicitation of State Legislatures, high-ranking state officials, the creation and distribution of false electoral college documents, the harassment of election workers, the solicitation of Justice Department officials, the solicitation of then-Vice President Mike Pence, the unlawful breach of election equipment, and acts of obstruction.

12. IslandBites profile image90

Trump was charged with 13 counts in the 41-count indictment leveled against 19 defendants.

Here's a list of the charges against Trump:

Count 1: Violation of the Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act

Count 5: Solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer

Count 9: Conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer

Count 11: Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree

Count 13: Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings

Count 15: Conspiracy to commit filing false documents

Count 17: Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree

Count 19: Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings

Count 27: Filing false documents

Count 28: Solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer

Count 29: False statements and writings

Count 38: Solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer

Count 39: False statements and writings

1. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Here is the full 98 page indictment.  All one has to do is read the introduction to get a good picture of the charges. I think the RICO charges are a means of corralling all the underlings and Trump all in one charge.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … =url-share

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
        Kathleen Cochranposted 8 months agoin reply to this

What folks need to pay attention to is the change of venue motion. Most of the state is reliably red. Metro Atlanta is where the democrats are.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 8 months agoin reply to this

By all means keep it where the large majority of potential jurors are highly biased against the defendant!

2. Sharlee01 profile image82
          Sharlee01posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your comment.   Simply,  what is your logic?

It is just that a justified case for change of venue is more involved than disqualifying an entire city due to how politically most of its citizens vote. As I understand it, the trial is to take place in the jurisdiction where the alleged crime occurred?

13. Valeant profile image87

Voting for an opposing political candidate is now defined as high bias by the far-right, apparently.

wildernessposted 8 months agoin reply to this

As is not living life on the "TRUMP EVIL AND GUILTY!" bandwagon for liberals.

1. Valeant profile image87
        Valeantposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Apparently it must be a new thing that Americans are suddenly unable to set aside their politics to judge a case based on the facts.  Or just a new thing among some Americans who don't think that that will be possible because everything is 'rigged' against them.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
          MizBejabbersposted 8 months agoin reply to this

And consider that there are some people who will not accept the facts when confronted with them.

14. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 8 months ago

Wilderness: A point of interest.

I think it appropriate for the jurors to be pulled from the population that would have had their votes voided if Trump had been successful.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Also a point of interest: Consider the implied bias in your reasoning; '. . . population that would have had their votes voided"

Charitably that could be read as pulled from the pool affected. Contrarily it could also be read as pulled from a pool of angry folks. The 'charitable read'wasn't the first to come to mind.

A layman's view probably thinks the juror pool should come from where the indictment is filed. There may be many reasons that doesn't always work, but it seems sensible to a non-legal mind.

GA

GA: My thoughts. Maybe I should have used the word, ironic, instead of appropriate. Thank goodness the law isn't based on one person's thoughts.

Trump may ask for a change of venue "in hopes of a friendlier jury pool ". I wonder where he thinks he will find that? If I were him, I'd try for Floyd County, GA - the home of Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Yep, "ironic" would have worked.

GA

GA: I've been a professional writer - of one kind or other - my entire adult life. You can always use an editor. Thanks

It looks like an explanation is needed, not as a defense, but of my motivation.

I wasn't really criticizing your writing. I was just taking a poke at the appearance of a possible 'Freudian slip'. It was just a little jab that your anti-Trump leaning was showing in the word choice of the line about who the jury pool should be — the folks that would have been harmed.

I can even add spray a little gas on the fire . . . either choice gets a chuckle from me. As in; the 'frontier justice' of a jury from the folks that would be mad about his efforts, and also; the irony of being judged by the folks he tried to dupe.

GA

"I wasn't really criticizing your writing."

DSTSS: Don't sweat the small stuff.

2. peoplepower73 profile image90
                peoplepower73posted 8 months agoin reply to this

GA:  I remember once you told me to put down the shovel, you are digging yourself deeper.  I think that is what you are doing now.. LOL.

Yep, but I stopped in time.

GA

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

GA: " I was just taking a poke at the appearance of a possible 'Freudian slip'. It was just a little jab that your anti-Trump leaning was showing in the word choice of the line about who the jury pool should be — the folks that would have been harmed."

Exactly why every writer (especially a reporter) needs an editor. "Freudian slips" and other unconscious word choices slip into news articles because it is human nature. It is why having someone else read what you write before it is published is so vital. This is my major objection to folks who get their "news" and "facts" from bloggers who answer to nobody. And it is why so many politicians get in the most trouble when they really screw up and say what they actually think.

Sounds right. From what I see, in almost all media outlet presentations, they must have a lot of vacant editors' chairs. And the need seems to be a bipartisan one.

GA

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

That is a good assessment, Kathleen. I've occupied all three positions, copyeditor, reporter, and anchor. The positions of broadcast reporter and anchor didn't have an editor. We were at the mercy of the news director, even at the Arkansas Radio Network where I worked for several years as anchor/reporter. The copyeditor position was at the Arkansas Democrat, a very Republican newspaper, I might add, and three years was about all I could stomach of the place. By the way several years after I left there, Tucker Carlson became one of their reporters. I never had the dubious honor of meeting the man.

Sometimes I read an article and want to ask, "Where the heck was their editor?!" As in everything everywhere, there are good ones and bad ones. I once worked for a daily paper in metro Atlanta where the publisher routinely stood over the shoulder of a reporter as he/she wrote their story.

Bias is human nature. There used to be safeguards like the Fairness Doctrine, but the ending of that (thank you Reagan) opened the floodgates to "flavors" of media, talk radio and commentary disguised as discussion panels, and unchallenged lies.

Still, do you miss it everyday? I do. Except payday.

2. Sharlee01 profile image82

OMG...you really need to explain this comment. It really reads odd.

Shar: Who are you addressing this comment to?

15. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 8 months ago

Drat, foiled again.

Trump's newest stunt of diversion and delay in the Fulton County cAse may well work..

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/1 … t-00111240

Except Trump is not a government official, he is a private citizen when charged.

Acknowledged,

But do you think that Trump will play on his past status as President and have a case? He can't use that for his troubles in New York as the events and related charges occurred before he became President (officer of the Federal Government)

"To try to get the case into federal court, Trump is expected to argue that much of the conduct he’s been charged with was undertaken in his capacity as an officer of the federal government, because he was still president during the critical period when he and his allies attempted to subvert the 2020 election results. A federal law, known as a “removal statute,” generally allows any “officer of the United States” who is prosecuted or sued in state court to transfer the case to federal court if the case stems from the officer’s governmental duties."

And yet, Georgia can argue that trying to overturn an election was not part of his governmental duties.

Hopefully, they will and it will stick.....

"as an officer of the federal government" is a two-edged sword. It should play against him on the Jan. 6 charges.

16. Valeant profile image87

Former Trump Lawyer Ty Cobb says the document Trump plans to release on Monday will likely lead to charges for the author.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyJ6E_4 … 8gY2hhbmNl

17. Valeant profile image87

Yeah, Kathleen.  Learn to write how the queen of the forums demands you to write.

We had a saying in the newsroom.

The strongest human urge is not for food or sex. It is the urge to edit someone else's copy.

1. Sharlee01 profile image82

Kathleen, I deleted my tip.  Should have known it might cause a hissy fit. Although I loved being called "the Queen". 

I jumped in where I should not have infringed on the conversation that GA and you were having.   I'm regretful --  Shar

Shar: I'll take a helpful word from any quarter. I think of most things in life as only "a first draft".

1. Sharlee01 profile image82

Love that sentiment --- I will admit, I most likely will borrow it.  Hey, I was just caught misusing "versus," not "verses."   Yes, so please have a snicker on me.   

Thank you for being kind. Shar

18. IslandBites profile image90

Trump supporters post names and addresses of Georgia grand jurors online

The purported names and addresses of members of the grand jury that indicted Donald Trump and 18 of his co-defendants on state racketeering charges this week have been posted on a fringe website that often features violent rhetoric, NBC News has learned.

NBC News is choosing not to name the website featuring the addresses to avoid further spreading the information.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … rcna100239

The grand juror's purported addresses were spotted by Advance Democracy, Inc., a non-partisan research group founded by Daniel J. Jones, a former FBI investigator and staffer for the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

The grand jurors have come under attack in the days since Trump's indictment, the fourth criminal indictment brought against the twice-impeached former president.

“These jurors have signed their death warrant by falsely indicting President Trump," read one post on a pro-Trump forum in response to a post including the names of jurors, which was viewed by NBC News.

19. Valeant profile image87

Considering the election wasn't even called yet and Roger Stone is dictating the fake elector plot on camera and Don Jr. is texting Meadows to execute it, pretty sure the conspiracy evidence is pretty damning as to intent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjA9lm … luZw%3D%3D

20. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 8 months ago

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/17/11945359 … quest-2026

Trump lawyers ask to push back federal election subversion trial to April 2026?

The absolute gall of this man is beyond belief....

Next he'll ask for the venue to be on Mars.

Send Trump to the Martians? That would be the grounds for another "War Between the Worlds". There has to be some prohibition in the Geneva Convention regarding this?

It irritating that Trump seems to think that the legal actions related to his alleged crimes, prosecutions and indictments should all be put on hold to accommodate his campaign plans and itinerary. Justice be done, I don't give a rats a$$ about his campaigning, and I hope that the judges continue to express the same sentiment. He has so many elaborate ruses to try an attempt to get a stay of execution and cheat the hangman.

What I have trouble getting through that dense grey matter between the ears of Republicans/conservatives and not expressed no where clearly enough through Lily livererd  mainstream media is that the alleged crimes committed by Trump go far beyond being that of "political differences", but undermines the fundamental systems of how we govern ourselves and MUST be punished.

lol

21. IslandBites profile image90

“A Large, Complex, Detailed but Irrefutable REPORT on the Presidential Election Fraud which took place in Georgia is almost complete & will be presented by me at a major News Conference at 11:00 A.M. on Monday of next week in Bedminster, New Jersey. Based on the results of this CONCLUSIVE Report, all charges should be dropped against me & others — There will be a complete EXONERATION!”

But...

Wah wah wah waaaahhhh

Trump scraps plans to release 'irrefutable report' claiming election fraud in Georgia

Former President Donald Trump said Thursday he will no longer hold an event to present what he called an “irrefutable report” about the 2020 election in Georgia.

In a Truth Social post Thursday evening, Trump canceled Monday’s event and said the report would not be released that day, either.

“Rather than releasing the Report on the Rigged & Stolen Georgia 2020 Presidential Election on Monday, my lawyers would prefer putting this, I believe, Irrefutable & Overwhelming evidence of Election Fraud & Irregularities in formal Legal Filings,” he wrote in the post. “Therefore, the News Conference is no longer necessary!”

Contacted about the ABC report earlier Thursday, two Trump allies expressed relief at the prospect of the event’s cancellation.

lol lol lol

So much for irrefutable, let's make the rope knot good and strong, it's got to hold the weight of a pig.

That comment is right up there with DeSantis saying he's going to slit some throats of bureaucrats if he gets elected.

2. Willowarbor profile image58
      Willowarborposted 8 months agoin reply to this

And this is the man that could potentially get 30% of the nation's vote? This is the man Republicans choose to rally behind? Have people lost their ever- loving minds? Trump has not a shred of morality, character or decency. This run for office is nothing more than a fundraising scheme to pay his legal bills and to try and stay out of jail.

Asa Hutchinson was on a show this morning making a very good point. He supported Trump as president. It's his behavior since he lost that he cannot support. I suspect there are many who are inclined to feel the same, they just can't separate the two Trumps

Yes, many of us see the same Trump all along. But we're not republicans to begin with.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

I worked under Governor Hutchinson before I retired as the senior legal editor for the state legislature (non-attorney editor). He is a very nice man, but I didn't vote for him nor can I vote for him as president. I do feel like he did a good job of handling covid while he was governor. I am glad that he has seen Trump for what he is.

I left before newspapers started disappearing - no pension or 401K. I left for a chance to be press secretary for a congressional candidate who lost. I felt like I'd blown my cover for objectivity and moved on to not-for-profit work. Better salary and benefits but only stayed about 10 years before I turned to full-time writing. It's been fun and more financially rewarding than newspapers - but reporting/editing is still my favorite career.

Sorry everybody. Misbejabbers and I should have taken our conversation to e-mail.

Yeah, tangents are kinda frowned upon around here lately. They used to be as interesting and lively as the main topic.

But as long as you're being bad . . .  Fix this sentence for me. The word choice carries the tone of the message but it doesn't feel right, and Grammerly's suggestion changes the tone.

"Yeah, tangents are kinda frowned upon around here lately. "

GA ;-)

When a sentence was tortured, I used to ask my reporter to simply rewrite it. You shouldn't have to read a sentence twice to understand it.

Personally, I think discussions should go where they will regardless of anyone's "stay on point" theory. But Mizjab and my back-and-forth was getting really personal, and we shouldn't have hijacked the discussion.

It is interesting to learn another hubber's history, though. It helps you understand where they are coming from. (Sorry. I know a preposition is a word you never end a sentence with!)

Mizjab, I will be watching for your posts from a war buddy!

22. Valeant profile image87

Moving on from all the professional editors in this thread, here is a quote from the Georgia GOP Chair:

"Attorneys for the President and Mr. Shafer specifically instructed Mr. Shafer, verbally and in writing, that the Republican electors' meeting and casting their ballots on December 14, 2020 was consistent with counsels' advice and was necessary to preserve the presidential election contest," they added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/could-devast … 32176.html

23. IslandBites profile image90

Former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows surrenders at Fulton County jail

https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/digital-images/org/5e7411c3-b75e-4243-8b57-6c9391f30a7a.jpg

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows surrendered to authorities at the Fulton County jail Thursday afternoon, according to jail records.

Meadows is charged alongside 18 other defendants – including former President Trump – in a sweeping racketeering case brought by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis (D) that claims they participated in a criminal enterprise to overturn Georgia’s 2020 election results and keep Trump in power.

24. IslandBites profile image90

Detained Trump co-defendant was arrested earlier this year

Harrison Floyd, a leader of Black Voices for Trump who was indicted in the Georgia election case, was arrested earlier this year for allegedly assaulting an FBI agent, court filings show.

In February, Floyd was arrested in Maryland after he allegedly assaulted an FBI agent who was serving him a grand jury subpoena, according to court filings.

The Washington Post, which first reported the arrest, indicated the subpoena was for special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into the 2020 election, citing two people familiar with the matter. Trump was indicted in that case earlier this month.

According to an affidavit, Floyd screamed profanities and assaulted an FBI agent when he and another agent showed up to Floyd’s apartment in Rockville, Md., located in the suburbs of the nation’s capital.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba … this-year/

25. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 8 months ago

Fun Facts to know and tell: The Fulton County jail is right next door to my husband's family business - a fuel systems installation company. They sold it during Bush II's financial crisis in the mid-1990s.So glad none of us are there today!

26. IslandBites profile image90

Trump booked at Atlanta jail on election charges, heads home

https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/digital-images/org/9ee550d7-1089-428d-b0f5-9bb9a7097e91.jpg
    Inmate No. P01135809

ATLANTA, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Donald Trump left an Atlanta jail after he was booked on more than a dozen felony charges on Thursday as part of a wide-ranging criminal case stemming from the former U.S. president's attempts to overturn his 2020 election defeat in Georgia.

Authorities had said they expected to take Trump's mug shot at Fulton County Jail - a first for Trump, who did not have to sit for a photograph when making initial appearances in three other criminal cases.

Biden should go Dark Brandon and make this photo Trump's commemorative White House portrait.

IslandBitesposted 8 months agoin reply to this

From now on they should reference him as Inmate No. P01135809. smile No photo, though. He likes that kind of shit. He loves to see his face everywhere.

2. IslandBites profile image90

When asked about the mug shot, Biden told reporters, “I did see it on television. Handsome guy.”

lol

Finally understand why he made that face...

https://hubstatic.com/16683688.jpg

27. IslandBites profile image90

Inmate No. P01135809
    https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230824-donald-trump-mugshot-1x1-cs-962f40.jpg

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230824-mark-meadows-mn-1515-9a0b5a.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-rudy-giuliani-mn-1650-8cdce6.jpg

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-Jenna-Ellis-mn-1700-7b2e25.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-Kenneth-Chesebro-mn-1600-ed3ccd.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-sidney-powell-mn-1700-83c2e5.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-Ray-Smith-mn-1600-7e4242.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-david-shafer-mn-1605-51a9b2.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230823-cathy-latham-mn-1555-9cc5df.png

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230822-john-eastman-mug-ac-1038p-3342fe.jpg

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230822-Scott-Hall-mug-ac-1039p-99177d.jpg

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-560w,f_auto,q_auto:best/rockcms/2023-08/230824-Floyd-Harrison-mn-1520-a62beb.png

MAGA!!

MAGA!

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2023/08/932/524/Robert-Cheeley.png?ve=1&tl=1

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2023/08/932/524/Michael-Roman.png?ve=1&tl=1

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2023/08/932/524/Shawn-Still.png?ve=1&tl=1

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2023/08/932/524/Jeffrey-Clark.png?ve=1&tl=1

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2023/08/932/524/Misty-Hampton.png?ve=1&tl=1

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2023/08/932/524/Trevian-Kutti.png?ve=1&tl=1

28. Willowarbor profile image58
    Willowarborposted 8 months ago

He's already created merch. It is captioned "never surrender".... With the mugshot of him.... SURRENDERING

Yep lol

29. Sharlee01 profile image82
    Sharlee01posted 8 months ago

A picture is worth a 1000 words ...
    https://hubstatic.com/16682988_f1024.jpg

Two and two equals 22...

30. Willowarbor profile image58
    Willowarborposted 8 months ago

A federal judge on Wednesday found Giuliani liable in a defamation lawsuit brought by two Georgia election workers who say they were falsely accused of fraud, ruling that the former New York city mayor gave “only lip service” to complying with his legal obligations while trying to portray himself as the victim in the case. Boo Hoo Rudy. I'm hoping he faces significant damages. Defaming people in this way is reprehensible.

My only question, why hasn't Trump been brought in on this?

"Trump himself singled out Freeman, by name, 18 times in a now-famous call in which he pressed Georgia officials to alter the state’s results. He called the 62-year-old temp worker a “professional vote scammer,” a “hustler” and a “known political operative” who “stuffed the ballot boxes.”

This man's behavior and character really is beneath the office of the President.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp … s-georgia/

31. Valeant profile image87

Jen Psaki really nails how Meadows broke the law and the case should stay at the state level:

In text messages with Mike Lee on December 8, 2020:

Lee: 'If a very small handful of states were to have their legislatures appoint alternative slates of delegates, there could be a path.'

Meadows: 'I am working on that as of yesterday.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl53fwc … 93cw%3D%3D

32. IslandBites profile image90

Judge says Trump’s Georgia trial will be livestreamed, televised

Court proceedings in the election interference case against former President Trump and 18 co-defendants in Fulton County, Ga., will be televised and livestreamed, a judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Scott McAfee, the judge overseeing the case, said all hearings and trials will be broadcast on the Fulton County Court YouTube channel, according to multiple outlets. He also said pool coverage for broadcast news media will be allowed.

33. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 7 months ago

Fulton County grand jury recommended charges against Lindsey Graham, Georgia senators

A Fulton County, Ga., grand jury suggested charges for a more sweeping group of allies of former President Trump — including three U.S. senators — as it evaluated charging recommendations for those involved with election interference after he lost the 2020 contest.

Included among the list of recommended indictments were two former senators from Georgia who ran for reelection in 2020, former Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, as well as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), and Georgia Lt. Gov Burt Jones.

The report, released in full Friday after a failed effort from Trump to bar its sharing, details the May charging recommendations from a group of 22 jurors tasked with hearing evidence in the case.

The grand jury also recommended charges for Boris Epshteyn, a longtime aide to Trump, who was not charged by Willis but is listed as a not yet indicted co-conspirator in the federal Jan. 6 case.

READ: Judge releases Fulton County grand jury report on 2020 Georgia election interference

34. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 7 months ago

Trump co-defendant pleads guilty in Georgia election case

ATLANTA — Scott Hall, one of the 18 defendants charged along with former President Donald Trump for allegedly interfering with the 2020 presidential election results in Georgia, pleaded guilty to the charges against him Friday.

Hall is the first defendant to enter a plea in the case.

Under the terms of an agreement with Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis's office, Hall pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit election fraud, conspiracy to commit computer theft, conspiracy to commit computer trespass, conspiracy to commit computer invasion of privacy, and conspiracy to defraud the state.

Under the terms of the deal, he's being sentenced to five years probation, and agreed to "testify truthfully in this case and all further proceedings."

Hall, 59, is a bail bondsman who was hit with charges relating to a voting system breach in Georgia’s Coffee County in early 2021. He was also the first of the 19 defendants charged in the case to surrender last month.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … rcna118140

wildernessposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I think I would have pled guilty, too, whether guilty or not.  5 years probation is a exceedingly small price to pay to stay away from the juggernaut chasing Trump.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
        Ken Burgessposted 7 months agoin reply to this

So true.

Funny how that works.

https://hubstatic.com/16735297.jpg

2. peoplepower73 profile image90
        peoplepower73posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Under the terms of the plea deal, he will also have to write an apology letter to the state for his conduct, pay a $5,000 fine, serve 200 hours of community service and provide the DA's office with a recorded statement, which he has already done.

3. Sharlee01 profile image82
        Sharlee01posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Most certainly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)