I'd hate to be a woman

Jump to Last Post 51-63 of 63 discussions (242 posts)
  1. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

It's a man's world only because we let men have it.  Let the men be seen as in charge, it's what goes on behind the scenes that really matter. 
    We women are able to employ weapons that few men can stand against.
    You would hate to be a woman? I'd hate to be a MAN.  Always have to act tough are like you know what you are doing.  I'm perfectly happy to use stereotype or beauty or strength to my benefit.  I always find a way to win. tongue
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4248082_f248.jpg

Does the princess run off to slay the dragon to impress the knight? Of course not.   It's women who are often at the center of all the noise.

1. profile image0
      luabuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi evvy_09
      is this a picture of Joan of Arc being burned at the stake
      women fairly crashed out there
      a woman fighting a mans war and burned for her trouble

It's a man's world only because we let men have it

i could not have possibly expressed it better myself

evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, it's a picture of Queen Guinevere and Lancelot fighting off all Arthur's knights to get to her.  To me she is a great example of things happening because of a woman's beauty.  She must have been a very beautiful person, inside and out, because why else will two very powerful men fight for her?  She was very loyal to the two men throughout their lives and Camelot wouldn't have been the same without her.
        If you want me to list women who did fight, the list is extensive. 
        Hua Mulan isn't just a Disney princess,  but a Chinese legendary hero.  She fought in her father's place for 12 years, turned down a government post to go home.  Her comrades come to visit her and are shocked to find her a woman. But like most warriors she met a tragic end.
        Li Xiu took her father's place when he fell in battle and successfully defended  the besieged city for seven years before defeating the rebels.  The people of the city renamed her base "Citadel of the Heavenly Lady" and built her statue dressed in battle armour.

1. profile image0

thanks for the picture and the information
          it seems that in history women did actually lead
          this was very strong in celtic/saxon/nordic areas
          maybe they knew something about the wisdom of women that has been conveniently forgotten
          america seems very little house on the prairie when it comes to these ideas
          why didn't hillary step up/ i thought she would
          i don't get sex and the city at all in this respect/i feel sorry for the ladies for some reason /like they have lost the plot a bit
          i'm talking about women being confident and outcoming for the benefit of all rather than for themselves
          give me florence nightingale or adi roche any day
          the role models for young girls/ rihanna /christina/ lady ga ga /etc etc
          they worry me
          they seem to me to be more entrapped than empowered
          it is quite possible that you will think i am off base on this as well
          some of cristina's songs are very profound so maybe i just don't get it
          is the lady being burned in the picture

2. profile image0

great idea for a forum topic evvy_09 if you think you can carry it

Of course I can carry it.  I'm not just a defender of women in video games, or just a pretty face haha.   I was taught to use every advantage I had to succeed and I've discovered that I have are many.
        As for your unhealthy obsession with toilet lines, women just take longer to do their business.  Also if every man actually used the toilet they would have long lines too.
        But I have to say, you are a great cheerleader for women. tongue

1. profile image0

thanks evvy_09 i think
          try the forum thread and i'll cheer you on
          this has absolutely nothing to do with women taking longer /everyone knows that /even men/its about men choosing to ignore this fact and women putting up with it

2. arb profile image75
    arbposted 13 years ago

I have no doubt that inequities exist, but, they exist on a global scale. There are inequities between classes, races, age and a host of others and certainly, they should all be addressed. Having acknowledged that, however, I am trying to invision a world managed by women, that would spend this much time discussing the inequities of access to toilets in light of all other inequities. I've little doubt that men have failed your expectations or that there is immeasurable room for improvement, but, if this is representative of the crisis' which will occupy your concerns, then I've little hope that the world will become a better place. I would happily wet my pants for the next year if women in Iran had the liberty you exercise here. Not that this is a ridiculous issue, but, there must be something more disturbing to women around the world than waiting for a toilet. I hope.

1. profile image0

hi arb
      not your usual arbitary self today i feel
      in fairness to all the women on this thread i introduced the analogy of the toilet queue/i didn't really let it drop either.
      after that we kinda talked around this issue while keeping on point
      this is a great thread with a varied cast and worth a read
      toilets are the tip of the iceberg here
      what are you doing on the Titanic /not your style

1. arb profile image75
        arbposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi luabu

Wrote a couple of hubs early this morning and your name caught my eye. Coudn't resist a quick perusal. My style changes as quickly as the subjects that interest me. Besides, the toilets here at home are occupied by the women in my life and until they advise otherwise, writing seems to dispose of my need. Perhaps, I will give consideration to designing a traveling toilet - could move us all closer to world peace. Row boats are a little slow today - of course a ride on the titanic previously proved disastrous. Perhaps I too, will go down with your ship!

1. profile image0

in fairness you did give me a stormy  weather warning  at the start
          stay off big boats /mines a speedboat with very poor steering/be wel/l luabu

3. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 13 years ago

I love being a woman http://i22.tinypic.com/2h84ew6.jpg

Love the picture.  This is a common sight for women who understand their power.

2. profile image0

anath /hi from luabu

i talked to you at the top of the thread /you jumped in then admittedly with some good examples of women presidents
      in the middle you laughed at the loo idea and i tried to rebuke you
      now you come up with this picture
      its a joke and has nothing to do with women taking their place in the world
      i hope you are still getting the hang of hubs and in that case this is excusable
      it is hard to understand your motivation to trivialise this discussion
      that guy at your heel in the picture is using you for sex /he's loving every minute of it and the girl is making a fool of herself sinking to mans level

4. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

i think woman pretty much are ruling things these days, and the men are falling in line,.,,,

1. profile image0

if i'm going to be a spy for you lot i need some inside information so to speak

tell me what you are thinking about as you stand in a long queue for a loo as you watch the men walk casually past

i am sworn to secrecy in this/nothing will be revealed to anyone
      luabu

you can always tell me to mind my own busines /i'm just curious
      i hate queues like everyone/i hate bad planning /toll bridges/ i don't queue in restaurants/maybe i'm odd in this respect /i'm starting to wonder

5. evvy_09 profile image60

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4253091_f248.jpg

Tomoe-gozen was a woman samurai which history describes as especially beautiful, a strong archer, and a warrior worth a thousand. She was married to Yoshinaka and was his first captain.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4253170.jpg

Queen Cleopatra was a military genius who used her beauty to seduce two of Rome's most powerful men in order to keep Egypt in power.

History and the modern world both are full of examples of women in powerful positions or fighting for a cause. 
    Can we have a serious discussion luabu or do you still want to discuss bathroom lines? 
    If you still want to cheer on pointless issues, go ahead though. big_smile

1. profile image0

you wont make this world better by fighting
      if it was that easy we'd have it done by now
      it's womens wisdom and conflict resolution skills we need
      the pictures are lovely

have we a woman like this now
      what about

Aung San Suu Kyi   come to mind

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4254600.jpg

1. profile image0

this lady was the first woman leader of  an islamic state
        now she is dead   assassinated 2007

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4254631.jpg

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I happen to rule ha ha ha
    Men don't mess with me, I tell them off good

1. profile image0

what do you think about while standing in a long line for the ladies loo while men walk casually past entering the gents
      we're laughing at you /you know this? No!

1. Anath profile image61
        Anathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Come on schoolgirlforreal this is about building more toilets for women at airports (I am starting to think that he has a building company and wants to win a contract for building more women's toilets at airports) lollol  Nothing to do with power.  You have it, you know it.  We know we are women in power and we love it.  We don't really need to explain this to toilet builders lollol

By the way... the ones who do this http://i21.tinypic.com/2h84ew6.jpg do not get to touch any further than my boots!

1. profile image0

anath answer one question i gave you please
          take a hard one from the top of the thread/i gave you about six
          what about the little question at the bottom
          maybe just admit you haven't got a clue
          it's a valid excuse and would explain alot
          they say it's hard to keep a good woman down
          if this is true then you are a good woman and i like you
          just try one questio please!

1. Anath profile image61

I already answered one of your questions.  You didn't do your homework when you said that

No woman president yet no power..
            and gave you a few examples of women in power.  But you just ignored them as being "anomolies"

Anomolies is an all female collective with members spanning across the hip-hop spectrum including emcees, deejays, b-girls, producers, visual artists, and beyond. http://www.discogs.com/artist/Anomolies

don't blame me if I find difficult to follow roll

1. profile image0

fair comment
              i just didn't bother going to a spell check and you are right to correct
              thanks i meant as you know now anomalies thanks
              luabu

2. profile image0

what kinda boots are we talking about here?
          just curious/not important

1. Anath profile image61

what about this ones http://hubpages.com/hub/Ballet-boots boys love to worship them ;-)

1. profile image0

stay away from me in them yokes anath
              want to try another question

please? some great pictures arriving on this thread now

7. profile image0
    luabuposted 13 years ago

wee boy asks his dad
    dad why are all those women standing there?
    why are there no men standing?
    what should his dad say?

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...his dad should say...."well no son they aren't all standing in line....look SOH just walked right into the men's washroom...she doesn't seem to have time to wait around....but, now she's caused a line up for the men's washroom....wait...look there are more women heading into the men's room too.....good for them......guess we'd better get to the end of the line if you have to pee son....all the women seem to be taking over the washrooms now ....and we have to wait our turn ....."

1. profile image0

thanks somewayouttahere
                   more answers to this please

9. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

how come we are talking about toilets, this is the wrong thread

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

10. evvy_09 profile image60

Marisol Valles Garcia, only 20, and Hermila Garcia, who was 38 accepted the job of police chief in Northern Mexico after everyone else was too afraid to take it.  Hermila was sadly shot to death on her way to work but Marisol remains as police chief in the very violent area, Pradexis Guerrero in Valle de Juarez.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4256300.jpg

They both knew the likely end result of taking this job but took it still in the hope of accomplishing something toward a more peaceful Mexico.

1. profile image0

alot of women seem to be given very little protection ?
      respect
      luabu

11. profile image0
    luabuposted 13 years ago

awareness of the need for concerted effort is a start

man's life v  woman's life

a free bird v a caged bird

i know why the caged bird sings   by Maya Angelou

The free bird leaps
    on the back of the wind
    and floats downstream
    till the current ends
    and dips his wings
    in the orange sun rays
    and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks
    down his narrow cage
    can seldom see through
    his bars of rage
    his wings are clipped and
    his feet are tied
    so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
    with fearful trill
    of the things unknown
    but longed for still
    and his tune is heard
    on the distant hill for the caged bird
    sings of freedom

The free bird thinks of another breeze
    an the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
    and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn
    and he names the sky his own.

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
    his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
    his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
    so he opens his throat to sing

The caged bird sings
    with a fearful trill
    of things unknown
    but longed for still
    and his tune is heard
    on the distant hill
    for the caged bird
    sings of freedom.

12. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Who said that women are second class citizen? Are you living in the 21st century?

1. profile image0

matherese
                               i said it . Have a  look at this thread/ alot of different questions raised mostly about not enough public toilets for women at places like airports and concert venues.
                   other deeper issues discussed as well
      ask me a really hard question and i will try and answer it

i said it   luabu said it

13. profile image0
    luabuposted 13 years ago

It's a man's world and you lot are second class citizens

yep! it was I

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)