* for our local basketball team's losing at the state finals
* for Red Lobster's changing their lobster bisque
* because the Westerns channel no longer shows old reruns of Big Valley
* for my granddaughter's cat getting run over by a car
* for my lower back pain
* for the incompetence of the GA Dept of Revenue
* for our crazy neighbor
* for my burning hubby's cornbread last night
* because my grandkids don't like Brussels sprouts
I'm not sure how, but I know the POTUS is somehow responsible for all the above. And no, I'm not a big Obama fan, but he's kinda startin' to grow on me. I'm just tired of the CONSTANT Obama bashing - and I'm a Republican (usually)! And yes, I got tired of all the Bush bashing, too. I just don't think a steady diet of it is healthy. Once in a while - yes. But not 24/7.
oh my friend broke off and it is all bcoz of obama , he didnt provide good employment and so my friend couldnt gift her on valentine...
well he has to be blamed for India loosing cricket match against south africa too...he has to be blamed for death of paul octopus too... usa presidency is toughest job because people blame president even for their own mistakes ...
Well it's nice you can joke about it... I have less of a sense of humor when government impacts my life in so many negative ways. You call it bashing I call it education... far too many are not holding Obama accountable for his actions. Like it or not Obama is creating policies that are hurting us all and I'm not going to sit by and praise him for it just because some of his fans find my criticism tiresome or distasteful... oh and I doubt you're a republican... at best you're a moderate democrat even if you're afraid to admit it. I'll bet you even voted for Obama.
ya and i loved bush as far as his ability to make me laugh for concerned...usa's economy was coming down and neither bush ,nor obama can do much about it...they tried in way they know but atleast bush could make me laugh...obama is too serious ...
You'd lose that bet, Lalo! We were strong McCain supporters. I donated to McCain and made phone calls for him. Hubby still has the McCain stickers on his truck - in fact, he has two of them! We also had McCain signs in our yard. If you doubt any of this, hubber Randy Godwin, a liberal, can attest to it. We had numerous debates about Obama and McCain.
I identify most with the GOP, although I don't agree with all their views. Lalo, I'll go as far as telling you exactly where I stand:
1. Abortion - I hate abortion, but I don't think it should be illegal. It should be done on a case-by-case basis, and it should be done EARLY. Once the fetus is capable of feeling pain and reacting to its environment, it's too late - unless the mother's life is at risk. If Roe v Wade were overturned, abortion wouldn't end. Women would be getting dangerous septic abortions like they once did. I'm all for free contraception. Abstinence is great, but it rarely works. Teens are going to have sex - period.
2. I'm also against the death penalty. As a Christian, I don't feel that we have the right to take a life. I do, however, believe in life sentences without parole.
3. I support the 2nd Amendment and am a gun owner and former hunter.
4. I believe in small government. I support some governmental programs, but we have too many, and there's too much fraud. I hate wasting our (taxpayers') money.
5. I believe in following the Constitution.
6. I believe in States' Rights.
7. I want tighter immigration laws.
8. I don't think the U.S. should "police" the world. Also, I think we need to "take care of our own" before sending aide overseas.
9. I believe in a strong military, but there's a lot of waste there, too.
10. I believe in personal responsibility, but I support SS and Medicare. Both need to be revamped, however.
11. I'm a strong believer in the family unit and in family values, but I don't think we can legislate morality.
12. I don't care what the gay community does as long as it doesn't hurt others. I feel kinda this way about most things.
13. I think we need to get rid of lobbyists.
14. I think we should develop alternative energy, but until it's available, we should drill our own oil - under strict safety precautions.
15. I support Welfare, but not exactly the form we have now. I like the idea of "Workfare." For a Welfare check, I think the recipients should be required to attend job training courses, college, or technical school. Or work as an apprentice to learn a skill that can get them off Welfare. The government should provide free daycare until the parent can be properly trained for a decent job. This would be a lot cheaper in the long run, and it would add more productive citizens to our population.
16. Pot should be legal. Our jails and prisons are full of marijuana-related offenders. I think that's ridiculous.
17. I like some parts of the HC law, but it needs a lot of tweaking. I don't think people should be forced to buy insurance. I like the idea of being able to purchase insurance across state lines. The Rs and Ds need to work together on making the law better.
18. I want the Rs and Ds to work TOGETHER on everything. This is something I liked about McCain. I'm a firm believer in compromise.
19. The IRS needs a total overhaul! I'm all for a national sales tax instead of our current system. This is the only way to get revenue from illegal money.
20. I believe in evolution and in God. However "it" happened, I totally believe God was in charge as the master designer.
As far as voting for POTUS, I voted for Reagan, Perot, Clinton, and twice for W. I hope to have a viable GOP candidate to vote for in 2012, but if it's Palin or Bachmann, I'll vote for Obama or just stay home. I don't like a lot of Obama's policies, but I don't see him as the boogeyman. The POTUS actually has little power.
Hey Habee, don't take offense. I put a bold text in your statement. Education is key. This is where we separate. My hub describes why and how it should be used, which isn't how it is presently used. I agree, but prefer stronger Laws and other provisions, which will be in the hub I'm planning of writing, from the thread I started on Gun Control. Small government agreed. I support government programs, up to the point where those programs can be eliminated because of no need for them. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed, until no longer actually needed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Disagree partially. Federal government should do no such thing, but State government should. Agreed. Disagree. Should be in the interests of bettering society, not individual income level of the wealthy. Agreed. Good keep it out of politics. It has no place in other people's life.
I'm sorry but you're forgetting one other thing that Obama is to blame for. There's no doubt in my mind that he instigated the Google Alogorithm change simply because he isn't getting enough support in the Hubpages forums! What a nast man eh!
I humbly beg your forgiveness, great cupcake master.
Seriously, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only moderate remaining in the US. My hubby and some of our pals are far right, and some other friends are far left. Fortunately, we all get along well. Too bad Congress can't do the same!
Hi habee, hope everything goes well with your check up. I am also blaming him for everything, for my morning sickness (I have stomach ulcer), drop in google earnings and for not having a bf at the moment. It is all his fault.
I will laugh my *ss off when in 2012 someone else gets elected and the trouble continues. So many people blaming Obama for their situation. He can not make a decision that you like. Not in the state America is in. It will be either a bad decision or a less bad decision. Anyway people need somebody to blame.
completely agree with you...obama choosed wrong time to become president...none would have done better either...but yes people like to blame some one , it makes us feel good that somebody else's blunders are responsible for our own sorry state...
its not just obamas fault its the governments fault presidents are preselected so that they do what they are told and do not change how things are run. all this damage and repercussion that we are feeling and seeing now is all the years that the government have been implementing a fluad system that never worked. if im geuss is right i think this is the third ressession we've been in.
Everyone now on the conservative side keeps bashing hispanics are they nuts. They should be trying to persuade us since we are the major minority and in 20 years will be the majority in many states like texas and...
Politically speaking, I consider myself a moderate-conservative. I vote Republican most of the time, but not always. The other night, three pals from northern states told me I'm a conservative Democrat and not a...
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Banks-rep … 62554.htmlForeclosures topped 1 million in 2010 and the pace is expected to pick up in this quarter pushing home prices down an additional 5% and putting more borrowers...