* for global warming...er...climate change
* for our local basketball team's losing at the state finals
* for Red Lobster's changing their lobster bisque
* because the Westerns channel no longer shows old reruns of Big Valley
* for my granddaughter's cat getting run over by a car
* for my lower back pain
* for the incompetence of the GA Dept of Revenue
* for our crazy neighbor
* for my burning hubby's cornbread last night
* because my grandkids don't like Brussels sprouts
I'm not sure how, but I know the POTUS is somehow responsible for all the above. And no, I'm not a big Obama fan, but he's kinda startin' to grow on me. I'm just tired of the CONSTANT Obama bashing - and I'm a Republican (usually)! And yes, I got tired of all the Bush bashing, too. I just don't think a steady diet of it is healthy. Once in a while - yes. But not 24/7.
Habee this might surprise you but the Libs blame him too !
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-ber … 35158.html
oh my friend broke off and it is all bcoz of obama , he didnt provide good employment and so my friend couldnt gift her on valentine...
well he has to be blamed for India loosing cricket match against south africa too...he has to be blamed for death of paul octopus too... usa presidency is toughest job because people blame president even for their own mistakes ...
Well it's nice you can joke about it... I have less of a sense of humor when government impacts my life in so many negative ways. You call it bashing I call it education... far too many are not holding Obama accountable for his actions. Like it or not Obama is creating policies that are hurting us all and I'm not going to sit by and praise him for it just because some of his fans find my criticism tiresome or distasteful... oh and I doubt you're a republican... at best you're a moderate democrat even if you're afraid to admit it. I'll bet you even voted for Obama.
hey dont worry obama would have hard time winning in 2012...but obama is not the problem , once he goes you yourself would see it...
Why don't you criticize his policies then, and leave the personal stuff out?
That's what is so offensive.
You all look like the bullies at my grandsons' school.
Perhaps you can point us to a single personal attack that LaLo has made?
ya and most of his policies are in response King Bush -II , the man who ruled over usa , iraq and afghan and took usa down....
ya and i loved bush as far as his ability to make me laugh for concerned...usa's economy was coming down and neither bush ,nor obama can do much about it...they tried in way they know but atleast bush could make me laugh...obama is too serious ...
You'd lose that bet, Lalo! We were strong McCain supporters. I donated to McCain and made phone calls for him. Hubby still has the McCain stickers on his truck - in fact, he has two of them! We also had McCain signs in our yard. If you doubt any of this, hubber Randy Godwin, a liberal, can attest to it. We had numerous debates about Obama and McCain.
I identify most with the GOP, although I don't agree with all their views. Lalo, I'll go as far as telling you exactly where I stand:
1. Abortion - I hate abortion, but I don't think it should be illegal. It should be done on a case-by-case basis, and it should be done EARLY. Once the fetus is capable of feeling pain and reacting to its environment, it's too late - unless the mother's life is at risk. If Roe v Wade were overturned, abortion wouldn't end. Women would be getting dangerous septic abortions like they once did. I'm all for free contraception. Abstinence is great, but it rarely works. Teens are going to have sex - period.
2. I'm also against the death penalty. As a Christian, I don't feel that we have the right to take a life. I do, however, believe in life sentences without parole.
3. I support the 2nd Amendment and am a gun owner and former hunter.
4. I believe in small government. I support some governmental programs, but we have too many, and there's too much fraud. I hate wasting our (taxpayers') money.
5. I believe in following the Constitution.
6. I believe in States' Rights.
7. I want tighter immigration laws.
8. I don't think the U.S. should "police" the world. Also, I think we need to "take care of our own" before sending aide overseas.
9. I believe in a strong military, but there's a lot of waste there, too.
10. I believe in personal responsibility, but I support SS and Medicare. Both need to be revamped, however.
11. I'm a strong believer in the family unit and in family values, but I don't think we can legislate morality.
12. I don't care what the gay community does as long as it doesn't hurt others. I feel kinda this way about most things.
13. I think we need to get rid of lobbyists.
14. I think we should develop alternative energy, but until it's available, we should drill our own oil - under strict safety precautions.
15. I support Welfare, but not exactly the form we have now. I like the idea of "Workfare." For a Welfare check, I think the recipients should be required to attend job training courses, college, or technical school. Or work as an apprentice to learn a skill that can get them off Welfare. The government should provide free daycare until the parent can be properly trained for a decent job. This would be a lot cheaper in the long run, and it would add more productive citizens to our population.
16. Pot should be legal. Our jails and prisons are full of marijuana-related offenders. I think that's ridiculous.
17. I like some parts of the HC law, but it needs a lot of tweaking. I don't think people should be forced to buy insurance. I like the idea of being able to purchase insurance across state lines. The Rs and Ds need to work together on making the law better.
18. I want the Rs and Ds to work TOGETHER on everything. This is something I liked about McCain. I'm a firm believer in compromise.
19. The IRS needs a total overhaul! I'm all for a national sales tax instead of our current system. This is the only way to get revenue from illegal money.
20. I believe in evolution and in God. However "it" happened, I totally believe God was in charge as the master designer.
As far as voting for POTUS, I voted for Reagan, Perot, Clinton, and twice for W. I hope to have a viable GOP candidate to vote for in 2012, but if it's Palin or Bachmann, I'll vote for Obama or just stay home. I don't like a lot of Obama's policies, but I don't see him as the boogeyman. The POTUS actually has little power.
"You'd lose that bet, Lalo! We were strong McCain supporters."
I'd have to agree with Ladylove, the above screams RINO.
aka reasonable Republicans, an endangered species - just like rhinos
Your definition of a reasonable Republican is one who puts aside all that the Republicans advocate and give in to democrats.
Thats my definition of a democrat.
Exactly what I was thinking as I read it.
Hey Habee, don't take offense.
I put a bold text in your statement. Education is key.
This is where we separate. My hub describes why and how it should be used, which isn't how it is presently used.
I agree, but prefer stronger Laws and other provisions, which will be in the hub I'm planning of writing, from the thread I started on Gun Control.
Small government agreed. I support government programs, up to the point where those programs can be eliminated because of no need for them.
Agreed, until no longer actually needed.
Disagree partially. Federal government should do no such thing, but State government should.
Should be in the interests of bettering society, not individual income level of the wealthy.
Good keep it out of politics. It has no place in other people's life.
I kind of liked McCain too - and I am a liberal. Just tell me you had a "sinking feeling in your gut" when Sarah P. came on the scene and I will feel better...
I'm sorry but you're forgetting one other thing that Obama is to blame for. There's no doubt in my mind that he instigated the Google Alogorithm change simply because he isn't getting enough support in the Hubpages forums! What a nast man eh!
Please do not start threads poking fun of ignoramuses who blame Obama for everything. It's childish and adds nothing to the rational discourse usually found on these forums.
Shame on you for soiling the sacred forums.
I humbly beg your forgiveness, great cupcake master.
Seriously, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only moderate remaining in the US. My hubby and some of our pals are far right, and some other friends are far left. Fortunately, we all get along well. Too bad Congress can't do the same!
thank you for saying what I've wanted to say for a while....
I have to agree with you Habee, it looks ridiculous from a distance.
What's up Habee? Hope you are well. Especially after all the editing.
Well, my fingers are numb. lol
I'm meeting with the surgeon in the morning about by bone marrow biopsy and marrow aspiration, so I'm kinda nervous.
Well, I send you positive thoughts and have faith you'll be fine.
Geez, girl!!! Keep us posted.
You have too many hubs to modify to have numb fingers!! LOL
Sending all best thoughts and vibes that everything will go well.
As for Obama, it's such a blessing to have such a wonderfully available scapegoat! Life is good!
Hi habee, hope everything goes well with your check up. I am also blaming him for everything, for my morning sickness (I have stomach ulcer), drop in google earnings and for not having a bf at the moment. It is all his fault.
Are you gonna eat that? Got another one you could share??
It's for you. I've already had my RDA of Obama for the day.
I will laugh my *ss off when in 2012 someone else gets elected and the trouble continues.
So many people blaming Obama for their situation.
He can not make a decision that you like. Not in the state America is in. It will be either a bad decision or a less bad decision. Anyway people need somebody to blame.
Time will tell.
completely agree with you...obama choosed wrong time to become president...none would have done better either...but yes people like to blame some one , it makes us feel good that somebody else's blunders are responsible for our own sorry state...
its not just obamas fault its the governments fault presidents are preselected so that they do what they are told and do not change how things are run. all this damage and repercussion that we are feeling and seeing now is all the years that the government have been implementing a fluad system that never worked. if im geuss is right i think this is the third ressession we've been in.
lol they are all the same person.... democrats, republicans...bullshit, horseshit...
by the new left 11 years ago
Everyone now on the conservative side keeps bashing hispanics are they nuts. They should be trying to persuade us since we are the major minority and in 20 years will be the majority in many states like texas and arizona which would be up for grabs with the growing hispanic population which have...
by William R. Wilson 11 years ago
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/busin … amp;emc=a2It's not all paid back yet, but things are looking good. Hardly a socialist nationalization of the auto industry though....
by lady_love158 11 years ago
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Banks-rep … 62554.htmlForeclosures topped 1 million in 2010 and the pace is expected to pick up in this quarter pushing home prices down an additional 5% and putting more borrowers under water.Yes Obama and the Democrats are doing a bang up job on the recovery!...
by Holle Abee 9 years ago
for the Libya problem. I'm not sure which channel it was on. I'm in the office. If hubby was watching the TV last, it's on FOX. If I was watching last, it's on CNN.
by Joe Badtoe 11 years ago
Given the relentless tireless and ludicrously one sided attacks on Barack Obama from the right wing media and how he's responsible for everything that's wrong with the US (including plane crashes, typhoons, broken washing machines, stale bread and cold coffee)and especially the economy....A thought...
by chasingcars 12 years ago
Isn't anyone else out there sick to death of people blaming Obama for the mess we are in? Recently, during Obama's State of the Union speech, which thank God, did not fall prey to Wilson high melodrama, McCain turned to another GOP and said, "Blame it on Bush." My question to...
Copyright © 2022 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of Maven Coalition, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|