China must be doing something right...

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (69 posts)
  1. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

She's not being called the "laughing stock" of the world.
    She's not chronically fighting wars which could "break" her financially.
    She's not on the verge of "bankruptcy.
    She's not being run by religion and corporations.
    She seems to be pretty stable under communist rule, utilizing the rules of capitalism.
    We seem to be doing just the opposite and are being referred to as the "laughing stock" of the world.
    Golly! What's goin' on?
    Qwark

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is very easy to rule the country by an iron fist with a bunch of scared into obediense masses ready to work for pennies a day. People in the countries like that are scared for life.  You do not want  that kind of a success, I am sure, qwark.
      I ran away from that kind of life, i am still scared... of "ghosts of communism". It will never go away completely.

1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am for it if it increases humankinds potential for survival thru its period of evolutionary immaturity.
        Oh yes indeed I am for it!
        The Chinese populace is enjoying a standard of living today that it had never experienced !
        In the past 25 - 30 yrs, she has risen from being a country ridden with strife and a burgeoning population, to a country that is at the economic forefront of world trade and engineering.
        She is a country "blossoming" under strict communist rule, utilizing western capitalism.
        We are worried about our future! They own our debt and "control" our future!
        How did that happen?
        We Americans produce little!
        We have become a "service" nation of "buyers and users" not producers!
        With that attitude, our America we knew growing up, will die!
        Qwark

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's a nice, glossy magazine cover, and yes, those are definitely outward virtues.

I think there are a lot of things about China that aren't so glossy. Censorship comes to mind. Google has had a few problems with that. One child per household as a law...several other things.

1. qwark profile image59

Daniel:
        That's called "control!"
        We humans are out of control!
        If we need a strong parent who deals out love with strict rules and education that will make us stronger and save our asses, so be it!
        Contemporary humankind exists hating and killing!
        What we need is a "strong" hand to whip our childish asses into shape and demand that we work together in concert like a "family" should!
        We are supposedly the "brotherhood" of man, yet we act like mortal enemies toward one another!
        Lip service is served! Reality is ignored!
        We are wallowing in deep shiite! (shiite is not an islamic cult smilesmile)
        Qwark

1. profile image0

You don't want that kind  of "control". I do not want "the goodness" if it is shovelled in my throat. I do not want my child growing without brothers and sisters. i do not want to work 20 hours a day, being publicly disgraced or thrown to jail if I stepped away from "Party line". Even if you go and visit it as a tourist, they do not show you the reality of this system, they only show you what they want you to see.

1. qwark profile image59

...absolutely!...and it's working!
            The rest of the world is bathing in hate, distrust, religious dogma and bigotry, beheadings, deprivation, starvation, lack of education, housing , water...on and on and on!
            I'd rather have my children raised under the control of a strong hand dedicated to progress, education and population control, feeding the masses, offering opportunity to progress, little or no crime and have them enjoy a life where those who excel are appreciated and assisted to live without pain and suffering.
            You didn't answer my question: Why are we called the "laughing stock" of the world and China isn't?
            Qwark

As Home Girl pointed out, I don't want that kind of control, and even the Arab states are now fighting over such control.

We are better off a free mess, I believe. Because even so, there is still a lot of good in humanity. And I'm not that much of an optimist really, but I've seen it over and over again. Most of the mess we see today is about greed, lust, power and corruption that gets very highly advertised. But not everyone in the world is this way, and many live quiet, good lives.

1. qwark profile image59

..the few live "quiet good lives."
            The majority of humanity lives under dreadful conditions!
            Many living human beings live as they did 5 - 6 thousand yrs ago!
            Even if we are controlled with a Machiavellian attitude by a gov't whose desire it is to guarantee the viability of the human species, thus saving future generations until mankind has matured to the point that it can progress as a single, dedicated unit working in concert to insure the survival of the species...you'd rather let it remain helter skelter with the potential of catastrophe looming over our heads every moment that passes?
            Why?
            Qwark

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes they are doing everything right, they are pressing government protocal on the basic family unit by means of mass extermination of babies as a means of population control.
      They are denying their citizens the right to choose what to believe in.
      They are forcing their children to work in sweat shops so they can pump out a bunch of cheap plastic junk to sell to other countries.
      They are manipulating their currency in order to sell their crap to the United States at rock bottom prices.
      They are opposed to every basic freedom that liberty loving Americans hold dear, and I for one would rather see the whole country in the poor house than have to submit to that kind of evil.

1. qwark profile image59

Well Onusonus:

"I for one would rather see the whole country in the poor house than have to submit to that kind of evil."

I think we're well on our way there.

There is no doubt that China is doin' it the way she wants to.

So far, even tho her tactics are severe and contrary to the American way of life, life is never static. Change is natural and necessary. How we adapt to it will determine our future.

Because we, here in America, live a certain way doesn't make that way, the way that is necessary if man is to continue to exist.

Man is just doing what man has been doing since he appeared.

He is not what he is today because he is a loser.

He has evolved to win on a planet that offers a "thousand ways to die" everyday.

Who's to say what is the "correct" way for us to survive as a species?

All we have are opinions and desires.

Time alone has the answers.

Qwark

2. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile   And this from a guy with a bible in one hand and a gun in the other big_smile

4. weholdthesetruths profile image60
      weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're still on the "posting propaganda to praise the communists" payroll?   They must pay really well... but I'd say they're getting nothing for their money. 

http://www.slate.com/id/2291271/

Pretty much describes the economic cliff that China is now leaping off of.   Perhaps it will result in the collapse of the communists and the people regain control of their lives and country.

1. recommend1 profile image60

I have never seen Qwark praising communism, or anyone on these threads including myself, and I live here in China.

Attacking anything Chinese with misrepresentations and bigotry I have seen - many times.

Several western economists have been claiming that the Chinese economy is about to collapse, coming from a bunch of guys who presided over the 20 year total collapse of the western economic system.  You should find more credible sources, more intelligent economists and get out more.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image60
          weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are some things that propaganda by communists can't overcome...   Reality is one of them.   Which is why every communist state is filled with people who are miserable, starving, poor, deprived, and repressed.   

And why they collapse from within.    Certainly, your government is going to try to defy reality, but it can't.   It's a fatal flaw of every central planner, and the Chinese are no exception.

I have little time for such uneducated bigotry - but just this once - I am anEnglish guy living in China among loads of happy, charming and about the least starving and repressed people I have ever lived among.  I guess you don't get out to see the reality you so freely throw out as if you know what it is.

Get used to the idea that other cultures exist - and try to get over the shock that they are different from yours.  Some things are worse, but mostly things are better.  Get used to the idea that the American dream is founded on exploiting other people, this new Chinese dream is founded on sound economics.

5. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

they're letting capitalism do its magic.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Centralized authority enables that. The bad news is can you trust it? smile

1. qwark profile image59

Paradigm:
      Pls site any gov't in the history of gov'ts that has a history of "trust!"
      Gov'ts are run by imperfect "man!"
      Man being what he is, has a history of not being able to be trusted!
      China rules with an iron fist! Exactly what contemporary man needs if he expects to survive.
      Left to its own childish needs, desires and attempts at control, humankind faces a very bleak future.
      My "opinion!"
      Qwark

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, all we need to do is roundup  the incompetent politicians and… smile

1. qwark profile image59

Paradigm:
          ...and who puts the "incompetent politicians" in office?
          WE THE GD PEOPLE!
          When are we gonna wise up!
          Qwark

Never. The politicians have every intention of keeping the population stupid so that doesn’t happen. And if you have ever done jury duty; you know that most people are not only stupid, but are sheep.

2. profile image0

Just establish a capital punishment for corruption (like in China) and everything will be just fine, fine and just in our government. big_smile

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

did Mussolini make the trains run on time?

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Qwark, don't forget, please, THIS RULING IS NOT FAIR! You do not want your child to be executed for some stupid ideas! That's the problem.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

If Money is their god,then the outcome for either nation is not one of success.

6. Greek One profile image64

I don't want to live in a country where qwark can't post his thoughts just because they might conflict with state policy

FREEDOM FOR QWARK!!!!

1. profile image0

big_smile big_smile

No, no.
      He needs to be controlled!

tongue

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

Agreed! Qwark does good OP’s!

4. qwark profile image59

4 thumbs up Greek!!!   smile:smile:smile:
      Qwark

7. Greek One profile image64

PRISON FOR QWARK!!!

1. canadawest99 profile image60
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry qwark, you are mistaken.  China may be the biggest basket case of all.    Maybe they learned from us.

report on China's ghost cities & malls:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPILhiTJv7E

1. qwark profile image59

Canada:
        Thanks! Much appreciated!
        That was very interesting!
        I don't think I said that China should be the example of the kind of control we humans need.
        I said, very clearly and concisely, that mankind needs to be controlled! I suggested, in Machiavellian style.
        My question was, and it hasn't been answered yet, why are we, the USA, considered to be the "laughing stock" of the world and China is not?
        I am getting emotional, not reasoned rational responses. Why?
        I agree with Einstein, that the only chance man has of surviving as a species is under the "control" of a 1 world gov't.
        That gov't tho must be dedicated to the survival of the human species.
        Probable? Not in our lifetime!
        Qwark

2. qwark profile image59

4 thumbs down Greek...sad:sad:sad:
      Qwark

3. qwark profile image59

4 thumbs down Greek...sad:sad:sad:
      Qwark

8. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Freedom is like air, you miss it only when there is not enough of it...

You are right.

9. nell79 profile image77
    nell79posted 13 years ago

I'd much rather be a laughing stock on the verge of economic ruin (which I can lessen the brunt of by being more self-sufficient) than have the government tell me what my opinions are and how many children I can have (and practically forcing me to abort my child should I not comply). I want what most people in the world want, and fight and die for. Freedom.

1. qwark profile image59

Hi Nell:
      You're probably gonna get what ya want!
      I'm getting good response to my question.
      But no thoughtful and logical reasons which answer, to my satisfaction, why we are the "laughing stock" of the world and China is not.
      I'm reading every response.
      Qwark

1. canadawest99 profile image60
        canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably because china is such a closed country and the goverment controls the media and the message, but its pretty hard to cover up the extreme over building they have done and the enormous real estate bubble they have create which will pop.  You can even see many of these ghost cities in google earth.

1. qwark profile image59

Canada:
          Can ya answer my question?
          Why is the USA being considered to be the laughing stock of the world?
          There were many other short clips about China and the potential "bubble" that the world could watch on that site.
          It's not hidden from the world that China's bubble may pop.
          Our debt to China is so massive that it can never be paid off.
          China knows this.
          We depend upon each other! The world has shrunk to a point where any action taken anywhere on this planet, effects everyone!
          Aren't all of us in a position to be termed "laughing stock?"
          Every nation on this planet must take the blame for what is happening to mankind!
          We exist as a "family" seperate! Divorced from one another in so many diverse ways that there exists no possibility of a re-union and a concert of progressive action!
          When future man studies the man of today, he will shake his head in disbelief at the depth of the insanity we are exhibiting! He will consider all of todays mankind to be the laughing stock of human history!
          QWark

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Qwark! I am worried… smile

You said, “I said, very clearly and concisely, that mankind needs to be controlled!”.

My question is:

By Whom?

1. qwark profile image59

Paradigm:
      I mentioned that earlier in a response.
      The "control" would have to be a 1 world gov't dedicated to the goal of insuring the viability of the human species. Who that could be? We cannot even speculate.
      I also said that the probability of that doesn't exist in our lifetime.
      Qwark

Agreed.

Sucks.

So now what?

1. qwark profile image59

Paradigm:
          "Lifes a bitch and then ya die!"  smile:
          Qwark

We Are All Doomed!

11. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

I would think that the way to a better world is through the opposite of any one world government - through LESS government and of smaller areas in some kind of co-operation.  One world government just means total slavery with no alternative to excape to.

The whole idea of one world government is the stuff of nightmares. 

Mankind does not need better controls it needs better self-control.  This comes through enlightened education of everyone and reducing the interference in society of those tiny handful of super-rich who manipulate everything to maintain and extend their power/wealth.

Maybe separation of business and state, along with religion and state - is the way to start.

1. qwark profile image59

Recommend:
      I'm going to answer this.
      I'm going to write my answer and cut and paste it.
      Be back in a bit.
      Qwark

12. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Yea well all my kids toys are broken,and my toaster just blew up.

So dammit ya not doin things right lol

Nah !!!   all the stuff here is top notch - you have to blame your greedy importers for buying the junk that they sell to you - not the manufacturers who make anything they are asked for.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I blame the Politicians -truly I do wink

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61

Rofl, what a bogus argument. I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

Not joking entirely.  The Chinese stuff that I remember from the 80's mostly stood out for its poor quality, but it was extremely cheap and good for throwaway stuff to pack the xmas present pile for the kids.  Now the quality is much higher, the stuff we buy in the 'cheap' shops here is excellent quality, from the plastic toys to kitchen stuff.  We don't find the 'rubbish' stuff here and the only reason you see any there, if you still do, is because importers are looking for the cheapest stuff to sell for the greatest profit and somebody will manufacture it for them if that is in demand. 

You don't see yet most of what China produces because of trade restrictions, you don't see much of their really excellent machinery such as generators, diggers, concrete pumps, and a load of other construction related equipment - these are just things I know about and can see them working without breakdown etc - and the price of them here would indicate that they would be less than two thirds of the average UK price  - but that would put the Japanese and Americans out of those markets.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61

So... why did you blame "greedy importers" for "trade restrictions"?

The former is free-market, the latter is government.

If you read - I didn't blame greedy importers for trade restrictions -  I blame greedy importers   and   trade restrictions.

By the way - I am concentrating one site on the issue of goods from UK (and US if they have any) INTO China.  The biggest market appears to be  all branded luxury goods, no basic high volume thing seems to be required.  Should sound a warning somewhere you would think, they are rapidly producing their own high quality goods and they really know about branding strategies, we even teach it here in a Electronic TEchnology based University.

13. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Recommend:

First, let me remind you that this will not happen in our lifetime.

I respectfully disagree with your line of thought.

Man has had many,many millenia to function in "...smaller areas in some kind of co-operation." it hasn't worked to date.

Nature, nurture and environment in varying areas of habitation on planet earth, have created cultures which differ in mores, morality and values.

When they meet they seem to clash as each exerts the results of their background of adaptation and beliefs.

There has never been in recorded history an example of humans existing, together, for great lengths of time, peacefully.

Today, man is so fragmented in thought and belief that he can never come together and "bond" in human brotherhood for the benefit of all.

He will continue acting and reacting according to his predatory genetic programming. He is a "programmed," natural killer.

If he is to survive as a species, he must be controlled with "extreme prejudice!"

That control can only be created by those "higher evolved" intellectual members of humanity who are adamantly dedicated to the survival of the human species.

The "stuff of nightmares," will be created if we continue on as we are!

Slavery would have nothing to do with the goal of a "proper" 1 world Gov't.

On the contrary! Every man would be free to pursue life in any form he desires as long as he harms no one, eliminates from his life, by education, the fear and superstition, created by beliefs in the supernatural and dedicates himself to the survival of all.

Of course mankind needs to develop "self control!"

As he exists, he will, most likely, destroy himself before he matures and that "self control" can be realized.

Man is a "social creature."

He has evolved to be led!

He could never have succeeded to this point in his evolution as a single unit.

His strength has been, still is, in numbers and an evolving anomaly i.e. consciousness!

He is "still" an infant species attempting to reach the first rung of the evolutionary ladder and it remains out of his reach!

His only hope for success as a species is to reduce his population and re-group into a functioning social "mass" working in concert for the good of all life on the planet.

That will not happen in our lifetime or in the lives of our children or theirs.

Qwark

14. recommend1 profile image60

@Qwark
    You are stating a whole load of unproven assumptions and opinion.  I grant that where you are and what you see may incline you to believe what you say - where I am and what I see inclines me to have greater faith in people.

However, I am just off to watch a movie and probably sleep through it after a hard night out last - and I will come back and answer your post later smile

1. qwark profile image59

Recommend:
      I'd appreciate that.
      QWark

15. recommend1 profile image60

@Qwark

First, let me remind you that this will not happen in our lifetime.
    You do not know this. Most change comes suddenly, unexpectedly and it could well happen in our lifetime, well mine anyway as I am not yet an old fart ! big_smile

Man has had many,many millenia to function in "...smaller areas in some kind of co-operation." it hasn't worked to date.
    It worked for millenia - the habit of wholesale destruction pretty much started with the Roman Empire - before that wars were generally localised or a 'conquest' as a new boss installed himself over some Empire or other.

Nature, nurture and environment in varying areas of habitation on planet earth, have created cultures which differ in mores, morality and values.

When they meet they seem to clash as each exerts the results of their background of adaptation and beliefs.

This is pure Americana - peoples have been existing peacefully side by side for centuries.  Even the Muslim Christian divide was fairly peaceful for a few centuries until Israel was imposed on the middle east and then compounded by the US attacking for some reason I have already forgotten, oil probably.

There has never been in recorded history an example of humans existing, together, for great lengths of time, peacefully.
    Conveniently forgetting China maybe, once it settled down to one Empire it was pretty peaceful - except for a religious war (of course) in the middle - thousands of years of stability and peace

Today, man is so fragmented in thought and belief that he can never come together and "bond" in human brotherhood for the benefit of all.
    Western man is too fragmented to even stay in its marriages and families.  Asian countries especially and a couple of European countries "bond" pretty damn good I have to tell you!

He will continue acting and reacting according to his predatory genetic programming. He is a "programmed," natural killer.
    This is totally opposite of the truth.  If you have ever been in the military you will know it takes a considerable degree of brainwashing and horrendous abuse to get a man to shoot at another man.  Most of the world (outside of America) is generally peaceful and living in some kind of harmony.  Even places where there is interal conflict ( usually imported from outside) much of life goes on in a normal peaceful and civilized manner.  The small percentage of world population that is the US suffers all the issues you mention - but this is not hte world norm.

If he is to survive as a species, he must be controlled with "extreme prejudice!"

That control can only be created by those "higher evolved" intellectual members of humanity who are adamantly dedicated to the survival of the human species.

The control you talk about is by rich powerful people, the types who have already enslaved most of the world in debt and fear of terror and 'the other'.  The barest chance that they would acquire humanity with the intelligence (that only you think they have) is about as likely as me winning Miss world 2012.

The "stuff of nightmares," will be created if we continue on as we are!

Slavery would have nothing to do with the goal of a "proper" 1 world Gov't.

On the contrary! Every man would be free to pursue life in any form he desires as long as he harms no one, eliminates from his life, by education, the fear and superstition, created by beliefs in the supernatural and dedicates himself to the survival of all.

This is simple Utopian dreaming - go read George Orwell.

Of course mankind needs to develop "self control!"

As he exists, he will, most likely, destroy himself before he matures and that "self control" can be realized.

Man is a "social creature."

He has evolved to be led!

He could never have succeeded to this point in his evolution as a single unit.

His strength has been, still is, in numbers and an evolving anomaly i.e. consciousness!

He is "still" an infant species attempting to reach the first rung of the evolutionary ladder and it remains out of his reach!

His only hope for success as a species is to reduce his population and re-group into a functioning social "mass" working in concert for the good of all life on the planet.

That will not happen in our lifetime or in the lives of our children or theirs.

This has already been tried unsuccessfully by good old Adolf.

The functioning social mass you talk of - that thinks it is all life on the planet - is whatever group gets the big stick during the reductions etc. This is more American than really really American, you think it would be 'your' group at the end, the idea that it would probably be Chinese, or Russian or Belgian never even occurs to you.

Generally I would have to say I must respectfully disagree with your line of reasoning.

1. qwark profile image59

Hahahaha..smile:
      Recommend, it is obvious that you are not an "old fart!" You'd have a helluva lot more insight into the basic nature of the human creature and a much greater understanding of the anthropological history of man over a period of about 4 million yrs, if you were.

We all have our "opinions." The "opinions" I post are based on almost 70 yrs of life and a lifetime of both formal and informal study.

I could respond to each of your areas of disagreement, but I won't because I think the concept of an immature, genetically, almost perfect, conscious, predatory creature, programmed to kill, is beyond your current ability to understand.

So we'll let it go at this point and just agree to disagree and let the future determine the fate of "imperfect man.'

The "stuff of nightmares" is just around the corner.

I appreciate your response. smile:

Qwark

big_smile   WE are old farts, and of a similar background although I suspect mine contains a lot more world travel and time spent within differing cultures.

The difference we see is about the inherent humanity, peacefulness and decency of the human race.  I have found that the vast majority of people are humane, peaceful and decent to the point of being loveable.  I have also found small groups who are exactly the opposite and these are generally associated with issues resulting from colonialisation down the ages. The US, UK, Belgium, France are among the worst offenders with large proprtions of population who think the way you appear to be. Most of the issues come from the continued COLONIALISATION at arms length such as the failed attempts of Vietnam and South America and ongoing in Iraq, Afghanistan, parts of Pakistan, some area of South America still.  Intolerance of race and religion are provoked and stoked by the same drvie to control others for financial gain.

Most people just wish the world wide aggression for gain would just stop and go away so that they can lead normal, peacful, loving, humane living.

16. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

TY Recommend:
    I never "RECOMMEND" any gov't!
    People like "Weholdthesetruths" read with preconceived notions and passionately respond without concerted thought based on knowledge, reason and actuality.
    My question was why is China not thought of as being the laughing stock of the world?
    That question has still not been answered in this thread.
    I don't think "Wehold" has read all my responses.
    My reason for suggesting that a 1 world gov't is necessary, is the same reason Einstein commented on it.
    If people don't understand his reasoning...oh well!
    Qwark smile:

You are replying to me when it is someone that I was replying to you should be talking to - if you get my drift, I am not too clear when I just get up before that first coffee hits bottom smile

17. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image58
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

Previously, Americans over-rated themselves and treated themselves ans "masters of the world."

Now, they think China has taken over them. Perhaps no other country has come before their eyes. Is there not the mighty Israel and Srilanka? Where has India and Pakistan gone? Can anyone match India and Pakistan cmbined?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61

China was the powerhouse of the world for centuries. Then they let centralized authority pull them down.

They're finally letting freedom work its magic (albeit not as much as they should), and it's working wonders

2. qwark profile image59

Venugopal:
      "Is there not the mighty Israel and Srilanka? Where has India and Pakistan gone? Can anyone match India and Pakistan cmbined."
      That sentence is so vague. What do you mean when you say: "  match India and Pakistan cmbined."
      What do you mean by saying this: "Perhaps no other country has come before their eyes."
      What is to be considered?
      I don't get it.
      Pls be more specific.
      Qwark

18. 4closurefraud32 profile image61
    4closurefraud32posted 13 years ago

Their economy is growing by leaps and bounds - the "lower class," now infused with money is becoming the "middle class" and buying, buying, buying. that is why they are doing so well right now. that coupled with the multitude of countries that buy Chinese exports and all you hear is "cha-ching" from the Chinese.

One thing to be worried about is that they hold the majority of our US Debt. We have to remember - Debt = Control... and we don't necessarily want to be at the mercy of them.

On a more positive note - even though they have a flourishing economy, what happening to their civil activism? Sexual Equality? Human and Civil Rights? There aren't even attempting to make progress in that area. Heck, even a Nobel Peace Prize winner couldn't attend the ceremony because he was in jail!

They are progressing, but not in all the areas they should. I wouldn't look at them with too much of a jealous eye. (personally)

19. NateSean profile image64
    NateSeanposted 13 years ago

If you're so inlove with China's method of running it's government then why aren't you living there?

You seem to be pretty cushy with all of the freedoms and respect that your government treats you with. Perhaps you're the type who would be perfectly happy if you were running the world, because you wouldn't be the one feeling the whip.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)