jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

A good reason to like Huckabee:

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Because Glen Beck doesn't like him! Beck blasted Huckabee for supporting the FLOTUS' initiative on childhood obesity. I also supported Michelle's efforts.

1. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A good reason to like Huckabee? Hmmm, he is Not here in Arkansas anymore! lol

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 6 years agoin reply to this

A Good reason?  Because he can not win the election and will split or assist in spliting the GOP, that is if your a democrate its a great reason....lol

2. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Given the substantial amount of weight Huckabee has himself lost,it makes sense that he would support the childhood obesity campaign.
    The sign of a GOOD politician is that s/he supports GOOD legislation -- even if it is presented by a member of the "opposition."

This is an interesting yardstick by which to measure candidates, however. Glenn Beck hates Obama. Does that mean we should like someone solely because Beck feels the opposite?

So what of Karl Rove v. Palin and v. Trump. Should we like SP and DP because Karl Rove does not?

Is the enemy of my enemy my friend (I never understood that one!) lol

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a Rove fan, either. I absolutely HATE what he did to McCain in 2000...BUT Rove is super smart when it comes to politics - kind of an "evil genius." lol

3. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I assumed Habee's first comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek.  She has a lot more common sense than pretty much anyone else on HubPages, and I feel rather certain that that means she was not being literal about the reason for liking Huckabee!

1. Mighty Mom profile image87
      Mighty Momposted 6 years agoin reply to this

True dat.
      But she is also extremely non-judgmental and is open to candidates until they prove unworthy...

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Wow! You guys are making my head swell! My comment was tongue-in-cheek. I think you guys know how I feel about Beck - can't wait till he leaves TV. Huckabee seems calm and level-headed, and he's a likeable guy. I'm not sure what kind of POTUS he'd make - he's too socially conservative - but he does appear to be fair-minded.

working