How do liberals like our President Obama now.....

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (62 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

President Obama has essentially followed the policies of President Bush in the middle east , in the wars and in economic policy , Still no regulation of the energy companies , wall street or the banking institutions . And still , according to all indications no federal energy policy . Congress , and senate continue on they're luxury cruise with corporate America . How's that sitting with those who voted for Hope and change?

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, to be candid I am disappointed in a lot of what Obama has done. I'm most disappointed in the fact that he authorized the extrajudicial execution of an American Citizen (as far as i know, this has not yet occurred, but still). The military action in Libya was ill-advised and shouldn't have happened.

On the other hand, he has done a lot of what he promised to do, and a lot of the rest of it is in the works.

We now have a "credit card bill of rights" and in fact many new regulations of banks (I don't know where you got the idea that there weren't any, but there are) the medicare "doughnut hole" is closed, we have something closer to national health care (not single-payer, which is what we wanted, but at least someone can switch insurance co's and still be covered for their diabetes or whatever), the VA is now funded, we're drawing down our presence in Iraq, nuclear arms are being reduced, he overturned W's executive order giving former presidents an unlimited time to review FOIA requests and putting it back to a 30-day deadline, Don't Ask, Don't Tell is history, we're working on all kinds of alternative energy technologies, and so on. On top of all that, he managed to kill Osama bin Laden.

So yeah, if you want to complain about the stuff Obama has actually done, (or has actually failed to do) I'm right with you.

But if you want to pretend he hasn't done stuff when he has, or blame him for stuff he hasn't, you've come to the wrong shop.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

5 undeclared wars, one Nobel Peace Prize.

He sucks.

2. 2besure profile image80
        2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said, Jeff! Well said!

2. JOE BARNETT profile image61
      JOE BARNETTposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no banking? how about the dodd-frank wall street reform and consumer protection act, the biggest financial reform law since the great depression?

1. hottopics profile image59
        hottopicsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Joe

Don't you find it ironic that Barney Frank was a sponser of the financial reform when it was his policy of mortgages that partly put is in this mess

1. profile image0
          lifesbetterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you on this point. However, the majority of voters don't even realize this and elect him.

Not ironic! this started in a good place and for a good reason. it was after they began to hide and deceive for the sake of g g g g g greed that ruined us!

3. hottopics profile image59

Horseback,

I do not think the Far left has changed their minds much about Obama. Early polls af Dems since the Bin Laden mission has only yeiled a few points up for Obama. I expected better. He deserves his share of credit along the inteligence community, and the men and woman of the armed service. I am disappointed in him for his overall performance, but I did not vote for him either. While I do not agree with alot of his policies or ideas, he deserves credit where it is due(Jeff mentioned a few). Face it, no President can do all he wants. All Presidents have good and bad ideas. But no matter what you should respect the President.

1. DTR0005 profile image61
        DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

How rationally-centered of you loll - I agree.

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahorseback:
      Are you a native American?
      That inane remark portrays you as one who doesn't understand the US Constitution and the gov't of the republic of America.
      Instead, your words paint you as an unlearned bigot.
      That's just my honest, blunt opinion.
      Qwark

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do understand the constitution , as a matter of fact  , all of the rights , even the one that you  hang your hat on constantly ;   'free speech ' ,and even though you overuse it  constantly and in the most idiotic  ways , I also support that.  What would my native American blood have to do with this , in any way?

2. Maembe profile image60
    Maembeposted 12 years ago

He's definitely done a lot of good things and had many successes, but also had his share of failures.  Everyone knew he would more or less continue the foreign policy of Bush, that's what he ran on.

He's had to deal with one of the most difficult situations of any president and managed to handle it well, despite the Right fighting every step of the way with misinformation and personal attacks.  .

1. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Everyone knew he would more or less continue the foreign policy of Bush, that's what he ran on."

Really?  You should double check that.

3. JOE BARNETT profile image61
    JOE BARNETTposted 12 years ago

you forgot to mention : cut salaries of 65 bailout executives, closed offshore tax safe havens and tax credit loopholes, limited trading activities of banks, derivatives must be traded transparently through a trading house,, executive salaries must be determined by a third party now,created guidelines for bank executive salaries and bonuses,denied federal contracts to tax delinquents and  much. . . . MUCH. . . more.

1. profile image57

What has any of that done to improve the current economic situation? Granted, SOME of it is well intentioned, an attempt to prevent some of the activities that contributed to the failing economy from occuring again. However, I think we both know that most, if not all will simply be ignored or lobbied away.

1. JOE BARNETT profile image61

i have absolutely no idea what it is that you can base that statement on. how about if the economy didn't get any worse which is where it was headed, then it's better. he has done a phenomenal amount of work to anyone that is looking. first half to prevent the nation from falling further and prevent the same from repeating itself, then to crank the economy ...again. all this took time . especially with the right doing all they could to tie his hands and make him fail.i'll say it could have been faster without the foot dragging of the right. some how i think that they think that we didn't see that and or have forgotten it. we did and we haven't! so .... obama and the "left" have "single handedly" run the country. republican politicians collect gov't checks and do nothing. also anyone that can't see the benefits of the potus at this point don't want to see them and or after you show them the benefits they will say the same thing.

1. profile image57

"first half to prevent the nation from falling further"

That, I believe to be a fools errand. I believe that economies are cyclical. That you need to let the cycle complete. You can't reset it. Some politicians on the right and left have had limited success at slowing the pace of the cycle. However, this only makes things worse in the long run.

1. JOE BARNETT profile image61

well there is a bell curve , but you need to for see these things to prevent us from going into a freefall, which is what happened with bush. he acted like a teenager with a credit card(iraq war totally irresponsible).he was more like a blunt instrument, if you know what i mean. so the time that could have been used for other things productive, was instead used to prevent the u.s. from going lites out. what i think is even more disgusting is the gall of the right to stand there with the matches in their hand while rome burns and blame obama for not having put the fire out "completely" yet ha ha ha .they should be run from this country!they singlehandedly created chaos in our country by cutting favors for cronies and cared not for our country nor it's people,only their pockets.

Mit Romney is the same way. i think America is now smart enough to see the wolf in sheeps clothing, the talk of freedom and god just to get in our pockets. not agtain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. lovemychris profile image75
              lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You would think so, but never underestimate confusion and poor memory.

Or the fact that the GOP has all the money behind it. I read that they outspent the Dems by 10 times in the mid-terms...and it's only going  to get worse this up-coming one.

Thanks to the extreme righty's on the SC...who never met a corporation they didn't like.

And thanks to the censored news. ....Where is the story about Pieczenik's claims? Isn't that sensational enough??? I mean, any time a tea-bagger farts, we have to hear about it....

Where is the media??

Need I say it?
              "Liberal" my azz.

4. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

and follow bin Ladin to the cave/mansion he lived in

5. thebrucebeat profile image61
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

ahorseback,
    This isn't coming out quite as you planned, is it?

6. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

He's a mad genius who is dealing with an evil evil cabal....
    And he has heart. Lots of it.

Buh Bye all you rotten scoundrels from the Bushco era....

I only hope you will get what you deserve.

Chris,

I always get a chuckle form your one sided hateful opinions. You are right about one thing, he is mad, but not as a genius. I know you will not think my next sentence is funny but it is intended to be a joke. Here it goes.  By the way, have you considered medication   LOL

I'm on medication: Charlie Sheen!!

"Defeat is not an option....Hope is for fools....never stand in the middle, that's where the sheep are--you'll get slaughtered."

You know, I was listening to the radio today, and I swear I heard about this general who was willing to testify under oath about the Bush administration and how they had done 9/11! It was called a Stand Down..a false flag event, and they named names!: Dick Cheney, Condaleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz....and I thought I was dreaming.

But it's all true...9/11 was an inside job, and all those rotten scoundrels you have supported and worshipped are nothing more than treasonous murderers.

Yeah..I think I Like Obama even more now....after reading what I posted here (another thread) last night.
        He's a mad genius, in the real sense.

Think: why would Bush and Clinton BOTH diss that 9/11 ceremony?
        Ever read "into the wilderness? web-site? Used to be cop v cia.
        Ever hear of Mena Arkansas, and the drug-running that they were involved in?

LOOOOONG history of crime here. Starting in WW II,when Prescott was funding the Nazi's.

It's all ending now, and Obama is the future.

Peace. Love. No more thievery from and to the top.

It's our destiny, after abiding 30 years of a Cult run rampant.

Tea-Bags? They are irrelevant. GOP? Better straighten up and fly right.

See the writing on the wall. It's over for your pathetic philosophy of "greed is good."

Amen.

Funny post Glad you had a sense of humor. I did not think you would be a Charlie Sheen fan. But thats OK, we all have things we like and dislike. As far as listening to the radio and hearing about a conspiracy of 911, I do not doubt you about what you heard, but I was there, Most of what is said is so made up it in incredible. Remember the saying believe nothing you hear and 1/2 of what you read. Hope I got that right. There are many interviews on the internet from the fireman and other personel that were there. Many of them discredit what is being spead around. Look, I am not Defending Bush, he made plenty of mistakes, but the attacks of 911 would have happened no matter who was President. WHat would have been different in history is what would have happened afterwards if Gore was President.

I disagree. I read the PNAC papers (what was out out there anyway), and they DEF had an interest in making 9/11 happen.
            Many interests actually--it was a bonanza for them!
            Not the least of which is the anti-Muslim craze that's going on.
            Just like they used the Jews, they use Muslims.

And, they had the Patriot Act drawn up years before this all went down.

Full-Spectrum-Dominance
            Military-Indutrial-Complex
            War Profiteering
            Project for a New American Century....call it what you will.

No way that happened without inside help.

And this man I heard about on the radio....we will see what comes of it. So far, I have heard nothing else, but from 2 bloggers on other sites.

But I have no doubt it will soon come out, and the enemies of America will be shown to be within her own borders.
            ---and a few others.

And the truth WILL set us free.

7. lovemychris profile image75

"Pieczenik’s assertion that Bin Laden died almost ten years ago is echoed by numerous intelligence professionals as well as heads of state across the world.

Bin Laden, “Was used in the same way that 9/11 was used to mobilize the emotions and feelings of the American people in order to go to a war that had to be justified through a narrative that Bush junior created and Cheney created about the world of terrorism,” stated Pieczenik.

During his interview with the Alex Jones Show yesterday, Pieczenik also asserted he was directly told by a prominent general that 9/11 was a stand down and a false flag operation, and that he is prepared to go to a grand jury to reveal the general’s name.

“They ran the attacks,” said Pieczenik, naming Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Stephen Hadley, Elliott Abrams, and Condoleezza Rice amongst others as having been directly involved.

“It was called a stand down, a false flag operation in order to mobilize the American public under false pretenses….it was told to me even by the general on the staff of Wolfowitz – I will go in front of a federal committee and swear on perjury who the name was of the individual so that we can break it open,” said Pieczenik, adding that he was “furious” and “knew it had happened”.

“I taught stand down and false flag operations at the national war college, I’ve taught it with all my operatives so I knew exactly what was done to the American public,” he added.

Pieczenik re-iterated that he was perfectly willing to reveal the name of the general who told him 9/11 was an inside job in a federal court, “so that we can unravel this thing legally, not with the stupid 9/11 Commission that was absurd.”

8. lovemychris profile image75

he was “furious” and “knew it had happened”.

me too.

Chris,

Was this the interview you heard today? I would like to hear it or read a transcrip of it if you know one excists. Was this a cut and paste of an article you read? Lt me know where you read it. I will not comment on what you wrote till I read more about what you heard. But let me share this. The terrorists admitted today and according to Bin Ladens wife, and child Bin Laden was killed on Sunday. The girl claims Bin Laden was shot in front of her.

Well, I assume it was on Alex Jones show...but here:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/top-us-gove … -flag.html

Here's the guy:

Steve Pieczenik

He comes up a lot on google.

9. lovemychris profile image75

And, I would assume this little girl KNOWS him as Bin-Laden,as he's a look-a-like playing the part!
    She would know no different, growing up with him....AS Bin-Laden!
    Her father--Usama Bin-Laden.

Just a name they gave him--used as a boogy man for the "war on terror".

10. lovemychris profile image75

Because in 2001, Bin-Laden denied doing 9/11--condemned it actually.
    Said there was a gvt within the gvt in the USA, that was trying to forment a war between Islam and Christianity. He said look within your own gvt to find who the culprits are.

.......hello.

After that, he was killed....Benazir Bhutto said so in an interview with David Frost. And then "he" suddenly became this rabid Jihadist.

Because it was not him. Google Tim Osman.

11. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Mean someone agrees with me? Bin Laden was a brand name.

12. lovemychris profile image75

This is on the scale of the Gulf of Tonkin.
    Only it's not 30 years ago, it's here and now.
    We'd BETTER do something about it.

Like Steve, I'm furious. And broken-hearted. And ashamed.
    How we let these Goons off the hook! SOB's.

And it gets even worse, if you read Christopher Bollyn, and the things about Abu Gharib..
    All of it.

Horror show. And criminal.

13. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"Christopher Bollyn".
    Nothing you can do. My suggestion is don't identify with it. Its not you. It is what history is. Read Rome, British Empire, all empire. This history but as it happens. But I wouldn't trust Bollyn. Israel does not run the empire.

No, but they have a prime piece. And they are allowed to take out their "frustrations" at will.

And I disagree that there's nothing we can do.

Pray--think--send thoughts--refuse to let them get away with lies!

It's a prime time for conscious-raising. That's why they are trying to lower the frequencies with all this low-grade stuff....hate, lies, distortions, chaos, mayhem...anything to stir people up and get the spirit riled. IMO

WE control our selves. THEY can go to hell.

14. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

The main problem is, Everyone thinks the President has a 'magic wand' and with one flick of it, he can make your life wonderful,make world peace happen,can change any policy Without the stupid senate and congress, who BTW drag their heels all over the place, people think President is equivalent to "God" somehow, yet the President is human, just like us, he is stuck with policies older than America itself and cannot change stupid ideas from past Presidents and the Biggest thing is: the President, nor congress, nor the senate, can pass a 'one size fits ALL' bill or set of laws to please Everyone.  Bush was criticized too, so quit trying to promote a 'wonderful previous administration' it Didn't happen!

Very true. All administrations have been criticized. Does not matter what they do or say, the other side will come out against it. Funny though, side will will have an idea, side b will disagree, When a President from side b gets elected side b proposes the idea they were against then side a who proposed it in the first place will become against it. And the cirlce goes on.

15. lovemychris profile image75

Really? What did Obama do before he was elected? That's when all the stuff started coming out....you would think he had to do something first?
    And then it just got nastier. It's a non-stop orgy of hate...whether he does something they like or not. Very different than I've ever seen. Except with Clinton. That was the beginning of hate-talk. Then Bush was elected, and it was praise-talk. Now it's Obama and it's back to hate-talk.
    Where is my voice? How come I don't have one? The right has many.

NO ONE says what I need to hear!

Bin Laden’s 9/11 Confession (not)
    By Kevin Boyle on May 5, 2011

Kevin Boyle – May 4, 2011
    "Below we see an interview given by Osama Bin Laden to the Ummat newspaper of Pakistan, published on 28th September 2001. This piece, somehow, never made its way into the pages of western newspapers nor was it ever mentioned on major TV news channels. Bin Laden blames Israel for the attacks much like Christopher Bollyn and former director of studies at the US Army War College,Dr. Alan Sabrosky (see YouTube interview below)."

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=25677

Remember Sabrosky? I do--he was marginalized as a kook like they all are. HE never made it to mainstream nightly news like the Birthers!!!

Doesn't matter, I know--no one is listening, they have their minds made up,but we will realize only when it's too late.
    Just consider ACTIONS, not words...please.

Chris,

Just want you to know I may not agree with much of what you say, but I do listen. I even look at links and read about the people you quote. I Agree with one thing you wrote here, It did start under Clinton. Repubs were not happy Bush 1 lost to him. It has gotten worse year after year since then. Keep writing, I enjoy debating a subject with you.

Well, I appreciate that topics...thank you.
        Because I really thought things would start buzzing after Piecnenik came out.
        And.....nothing.
        Here, I couldn't believe it. I dared to think "Oh my god...finally! All these years,finally it's coming out!!!"

And no. Nothing.
        Tomorrow it'll be all over the news with Obama's school records..."why didn't he release them?" "Some transparency" blah blah blah.

And this guy just claimed he would go on record as stating the Bush adm committed the 9/11 attacks!
        ....and it's still relegated to the alternet.

So-- I just have to realize....most people believe the story we were sold, and always will.
        I will always be on the outside looking in, watching as demonic criminals win time after time after time.

And always with the cries of USA USA USA, and "why don't you leave if you hate it so much?"

It truly is a bitter pill to swallow.

I miss JFK and MLK!!!!

16. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

The brilliance of the liberal intellectual left is that they elected someone almost totally without any political ability or experience , the election campaign pushed , carried and voted for by people between the age of 18 and 27 , and then could'nt awaken the same crowd to carry through with the midterm elections.  Now , you have a great leader , very charismatic , extremely politically correct and a hollow statesman that would stand mumbling without the benifit of a teleprompter . Yeea!  Perhaps we can all join hands and group hug our way out of the worst recession ever , the lowest vote of confidence in congress ever , the highest oil prices in history , the worst unemployment since the fifties and sixties. And to say nothing about a vice president who couldn't stay awake in a tornado. Here's the thing , I do believe in our president , once he was elected! He became my "leader too" , I just don't see much leadership going on.

You see what you want to see, nothing more.
      you believe what makes you comfortable, nothing more.
      You see things through the prism of you.

And you call a guy who was elected to the Senate someone with no political experience.

What's that make Newt the Toot Gingrich?
      Grover Norquist was never elected to anything, and he's
      got your Repubs all by the b*lls.

Shmuckabee? A Birther!---now THERE'S credibility.

The Shmitster? Uh--shark for president? MORE leadership of by and for corporations??

Pulleazzze---don't insult when you have no room to talk.

ahorseback- i'm going to say this and then i will end what i thought would be an enlightening debate but all i hear are sour grapes. you say he has no political experience, whatever! the forefathers thought it necessary to put a minimum age limit as to a requirement for becoming president. obviously he met that criteria and more. you say the young voted, so what!were they not americans in your book? if he is so bad why didn't the old come out? i'll tell you why, because anyone that was plugged in at the time would have known then and knows now who is best for the job. obama wasn't voted in as much as bush was kicked out, and the same will happen again for the next election because the right has made themselves sooooooooo  loud and visible that we sat up to listen and they and all we heard was some form of babble that made  "no sense" what-so-ever. at that point it became apparent to thinking people that these were not the people that we wanted running the country anytime in the near future.this made the previous 8 years before obama become so clear. you see they live in a sociopatic psychopatic world. all that they do that is corrupt that they do they blame on someonelse while screaming accountability.i am deeply concerned for them and they are americans that i would fight for if i had to but they are unable to see two sides of a coin thus unable to lead this country.

3. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Horse:

If you are a "Native American," your ethnicity is a proud one I respect!

Now the "Constitution" of the USA.

If you truly understood the "Constitution of the USA," you wouldn't have made this comment:

"President Obama has essentially followed the policies of President Bush in the middle east , in the wars and in economic policy , Still no regulation of the energy companies , wall street or the banking institutions . And still , according to all indications no federal energy policy."

You would KNOW that the President is but the titular head of state.

He can suggest and veto but our forefathers created a form of gov't that has 4 distinct responsibilites i.e. The President, Congress, the Senate and the Supreme court. It takes all 4 to working in concert to form a union that works for the benefit of all Americans.

The purpose of creating those four distinct divisions of power and control, Was so that no one facet of gov't can become so powerful that a it can usurp all power and control and become a dictatorship.

President Obama is not a perfect leader. No President has ever been perfect.

He is controlled by Congress, the Senate and the Supreme court and They are controlled by MONEY!

American voters are dumbing down! They vote from passion and emotion not from a point of "intelligence."

When you blame Obama for our present problems, it seems to me that you aren't considering the foibles of the American gov't over the past 25 -30 yrs.

It seems to me that you are politically biased and do not understand that America may be in its last yrs as the most powerful nation that has ever existed upon planet earth.

I'm curious to know what you think I've said that's idiotic and how I've "overused" expressing my opinions in the "forum."

I'll await a thoughtful and logical response.

Thanks.

Qwark

17. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

President Obama's biggest achievement has been shutting up the anti-war left. Before Obama, the lefties were against all the wars.

Now they're for it.

And now, with the unseen corpse of "our greatest enemy yet", he has appealed to the right wing.

Those of you who are against war KNOW that you must stand against Obama. Don't give in.

No they weren't.
      They were against the Iraq war.
      Because Obama said all along he would go into Afghanistan. If people didn't hear him, that's their problem.

What's puzzling to me is the death of the Rah Rah Americans!
      Why, it used to be tantamount to treason to "question the president during war"....If you were against the war, you were against the troops. blah blah blah

That all changed with Pres Obama.
      NOW, it's patriotic to diss the pres!!!

The uglier the better.

They've been silenced. I don't hear lefties talking about getting out of Iraq OR Afghanistan.

I heard NO complaints when we started bombing Pakistan, and no one complained when we started bombing Libya.

the ONLY people consistently against the wars have been the Paul-ites.

But, i guess war is nothing compared to his stance on abortion: "I'm pro-life, but I wouldn't make it a federal government mandate".

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then you haven't been listening.

2. profile image51
          33rdn8thposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But, i guess war is nothing compared to his stance on abortion: "I'm pro-life, but I wouldn't make it a federal government mandate".

Should't you like this stance, given the true libertarian underyone?

I never said I didn't like it, LMC isn't a fan of it.

3. Maembe profile image60
          Maembeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think he ever said he's prolife.  Also, I think that's a perfectly reasonable position to take.

4. lovemychris profile image75

Well, that is very true. Ron Paul has principles!

But--I feel that taxing people isn't theft.
          I feel that gvt is needed, and can be a force for good.
          And I feel that corporate subsidies should be ended....Yesterday!

And I do not understand his position on abortion....it is akin to the libs not protesting these wars.....
          Personal freedom is personal freedom....period!
          Anti-war is anti-war....period!

Same kind of thing.

personal freedom is personal freedom...

... so, what about the fetus - does it have freedom? or not? You're saying "no" because ... it isn't human. Ron Paul would say "yes" because he thinks it is human.

Until the debate over "is the fetus a human" is settled both sides have validity.

1. John Holden profile image60
              John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can it exist on it's own? If yes, it's human, if no, it's not.

See, I can agree with both sides. So I can't have a debate with you.

Here's a perfectly reasonable counter argument to what you wrote:

If 'something can only be human if it can live on its own', then what about old people who need countless others to help them? Surely they would die without help.

No, but that old person is already here...the analogy would be forcing these anti-abortion people to take care of these babies once they are born. Because they DON'T want to do that!
                  Once they're born--these guys don't care what happens to them--it's not their problem, and they don't want any of their money going to help them....Ron Paul Included!

They just want to make abortion their problem when it involves the privacy of my womb.
                  Because you can debate all you want about a fetus,...if you force me to do something against my will, that is NOT freedom!

And--then of course, they will have to admit that they think killing is ok too, if it's done for their political or ideological reasons.
                  Babies---real live ones that are HERE...die in war. And I don't see these anti-abortion Republicans protesting against war.
                  In fact--they denigrated the war protestors when Bush was pres!
                  Their postiton is not logical, it's emotional, religious and ideological.

They want to force their will on me.
                  It's an invasion of my right of privacy, and it's none of their dam business. ESPECIALLY since they wash their hands of it once they force me to do what they want.

And especially since they are not anti-war.

2. John Holden profile image60
                  John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Generally when old people can no longer breath or eat it is considered a kindness to let them die.

5. Jeff Berndt profile image74
          Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been in favor of getting out of Iraq, as quickly and as responsibly as we're able to. Likewise Afghanistan. (Though I supported the initial decision to invade Afghanistan and vehemently opposed the decision to invade and conquer Iraq.)
          I haven't been terribly vocal about it because the new guy is trying to get us out. Some folks think we should just pull out immediately without first at least repairing the damage we've done to that country, but I favor a less abrupt and (in my view) irresponsible departure.

18. lovemychris profile image75

In case you forget:

The FBI admits: No Hard Evidence Connecting Bin Laden to 9/11
    By wmw_admin on May 4, 2011

Ed Haas – Muckraker Report via The Peoples Voice July 25, 2009

Haas strongly suggests that we begin asking questions, “The fact that the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Osama bin Laden to 9/11 should be headline news around the world. The challenge to the reader is to find out why it is not. Why has the US media blindly read the government-provided 9/11 scripts, rather than investigate without passion, prejudice, or bias, the events of September 11, 2001? Why has the US media blacklisted any guest that might speak of a government-sponsored 9/11 cover-up, rather than seeking out those people who have something to say about 9/11 that is contrary to the government’s account?” Haas continues. “Who is controlling the media message, and how is it that the FBI has no ‘hard evidence’ connecting Osama bin Laden to the events of September 11, 2001, while the US media has played the bin Laden-9/11 connection story for [six] years now as if it has conclusive evidence that bin Laden is responsible for the collapse of the twin towers, the Pentagon attack, and the demise of United Flight 93?”

This is STILL happening!
    Someone really wants the truth hidden, even though it's out there for all to see, who will bother to take a look.

And people say I hate America? That's nerve.

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=25627

19. lovemychris profile image75

"There is no such thing as liberal media bias. Any liberalism in the media died when our news gathering and reporting apparatus became corporatized and profitized. The media is now run by conservatives for the purpose of presenting the conservative narrative.

President Obama got Osama Bin Laden and the Sunday morning talk shows will celebrate by holding a party for the Bush administration. Obama may have gotten Osama, but the Sunday morning talk shows are going to do their best to make sure Bush gets all the credit.

Welcome to the seedy never discussed underbelly of conservative media bias."

http://www.politicususa.com/en/obama-co … media-bias

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)