Views on Illegal Immagration in the U.S

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (65 posts)
  1. DirtyBarack16 profile image60
    DirtyBarack16posted 12 years ago

What do you think

1. ChristianRecca profile image59
      ChristianReccaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is an issue that Congress should act on, that's for sure. The fact that they don't is just more proof of how broken the system is. The left will give the right the border security it wants, but the right just won't let undocumented people have the right to become citizens eventually. The right is unfair, the left is made of softies, so pick your poison. I just want someone to do something about it. What do you think?

1. profile image0
        Nick Lucasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you want to be in this country then you apply through the normal process for a work VISA. No other country allows illegal immigrants like we do.  We need to deport them when we find them and tell them to take a number and apply not simply just cut the fence and sign up for government assistance.  I cant believe we have an argument in this country over what to do about illegal immigrants……notice the word illegal.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Nick, they are not illegal immigrants (and certainly not "undocumented people"). 

Immigrations requires certain actions to be taken by the immigrant, which they won't do.  They are illegal aliens.  Not citizens, not immigrants; aliens.

You're right, though - kick them back where they came from, or at least to the associated embassy and shut down any business that continues to hire them.

1. profile image0
            Nick Lucasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!!

2. kerryg profile image85
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it should be much easier to get temporary work visas. I'm opposed to illegal immigration in principle, but being married to an immigrant myself, I'm all too aware of how expensive and time-consuming it is to get a visa. In order to bring people over legally, we spend many hours in preparation, hundreds or thousands of dollars in fees, and months or even years waiting for a response. And that's just for a temporary visa. Green cards are even harder and more expensive to come by:

http://i55.tinypic.com/296okdu.jpg

The paperwork and fees are difficult enough for an educated, well-to-do family like my husband's, with a native English speaker (me) helping them decipher the legalese. If you have little education, no money, and poor English skills, you don't have a chance. With no other options, I can't blame desperate people for taking the chance and coming here illegally, and I don't think punishing them is the answer. Punish the people who hire them, if you want to punish somebody, but making it easier for desperate people to get temporary visas would do much more to solve the problem.

DirtyBarack16posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very Nice Opinions! I agree with them all

2. American View profile image59
        American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have obviously never needed to apply for one. But I do find it odd there was so much trouble. I know 5 families, 2 from Canada, 3 from Mexico, and my sister in law from Peru. They all applied and received their work visas or green cards without any trouble or runarounds. It seemed they received their cards fairly quickly, Not to say there are not problems.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We are a land of immigrants is what I think.

Ya Legal Immigrants, i don't believe illegals have a right to be in the U.S

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Illegal immigrants at that.  The Europeans weren't exactly invited.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Agreed!!!

Great point.  Kudos.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can't really break a law that didn't exist.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Right you are.  If they ain't white laws they ain't really laws.  I like the cut of your jib mister. smile

1. Repairguy47 profile image60

I'm glad you are here to translate I was certain I said something completely different.

You insinuated that because they were Indian and Mexican laws, they weren't really laws.  I just cut to the chase for you.

No you just wrote what you wanted, There were No=Zero=Zilch=Nada laws when the Europeans came. So your strange reaction to that fact leaves me bewildered.

That's gonna come as news to the Cherokee, Iroquois, and Mexicans...

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Ron is on fire tonight. That cracked me up.lol

It's like playing T-ball.  Fun for a minute, then it's too damned easy to be entertaining.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69

lollollol

Thank you! Good night!

2. American View profile image59

He does have a few moments

2. DirtyBarack16 profile image60

if you enjoy voicing your opinion, Become a follower and enter some of my future discussions and topics....

Sorry, but thanks for the offer.

No Prob, Thanks for being a patriot and having your opinion heard

4. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They must speak and comprehend English well wink

(Check your spelling of Immigration)

Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

I think you should know how to spell immigration before becoming a citizen of the U. S. of f***ing A. mad

Thats not my point, I mean our for-fathers fought for this land and for illegals to come over and use Americans hard earned Tax dollars is wrong.

And SPEAK English!

And spell those English words correctly, and learn some basic rules of grammar.  Damned illegals perverting our native language!! mad

LOL I agree

1. American View profile image59

No comprenda the englesa

Who did they fight?

The British, for freedom. and on the glorious July day in the year 1776 we gained our independence which further established goverment

The Brits were already here when we landed?  We stole the Southwestern U.S. from the Brits?  Man...History is so F***ing cool! big_smile

Not sure if the Southwestern U.S Was british, but i do know we fought for our independence from the British and the King.

You're not sure if the Southwestern U.S. was British?  Damn! I wish there was some way of finding out.  That's a real head-scratcher.

I think they were english but had different views from the other half. I tried google but soooo much reading, i will look into it more.

No no, I think you've got it about right.  Have you ever seen the "Jay Walking" segment on the Leno show?

2. kerryg profile image85
                    kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We took the US Southwest from the Spanish and Mexicans, not the British. Contrary to what Repairguy47 suggests, the Mexican government DID have anti-immigration laws starting in 1830, and US citizens violating them is what ultimately caused the Mexican-American War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Texas
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican-American_War

Get reading. tongue

By the way, US immigrants have to pass a US history and government test before they can become citizens. If you and Repairguy are any basis to judge, maybe we should implement the same for native-born citizens before they're allowed to vote!

3. mikelong profile image61
        mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They aren't using tax dollars...they are paying taxes...

They are propping up Social Security and Medicare...

Americans fail to remember (or weren't typically taught) that illegal immigration into Mexico was directly sponsored by the American government..an illegal, unjustified war against Mexico then forcibly took what was being illegally squatted upon...

As for the Lackluster Lady....she doesn't realize the volumes she is giving of her own lack of personal character, morality, or cognizance of the issues she seeks to discuss...

She never fails to wade in way over her head...

3. Repairguy47 profile image60
    Repairguy47posted 12 years ago

I guess Ron went to practice T-ball.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

okay...i gotta confess.....

i was an illegal alien in the US in the first week of August....

yup....flew into California illegally - expired passport....and no one noticed - when i finally noticed a week later, i thought shite! and then laughed - well all they can do is kick me out when i'm ready to go home!  the ticket agent at SanFran airport finally noticed and flagged me...airport ticket agents discussed what to do with me - they reviewed legislation - glad they didn't call security and put me in cuffs....hahahahaha....Canada let me back in...true story!

...i'll be back!..but first i must renew my passport - not sure if i can pull it off again

i was sure i renewed my passport 2 years ago - time flies

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's okay...Canadian illegal immigrants don't count smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile....i forgot to add - they xrayed me twice - not once, but twice...just in case I guess ....those xray machines are a weird experience  - hands over your head and feet spread apart - felt like i was being arrested - not that i've ever been arrested....tongue

1. American View profile image59

Maybe you had something they liked seeing

5. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 12 years ago

I have a solution to the Mexican immigrstion problem, conquer their country and make it a state. We'll take their resources and we have plenty of cheap labor available and plenty of water front real estate to develop and sell. It would really kick start our economy!

6. JulieKleinXpress profile image61
    JulieKleinXpressposted 12 years ago

I live 7 miles from the Mexican border. We deal with this issue constantly.  School buses actually pick up Mexican children at the border for them to attend our schools!

Most people reading this forum likely had ancestors enter the United States legally.  All my grandparents did. It was very difficult for them, and they traveled for weeks by ship, many of them ill. Women traveling with their children.  How brave they were!  But they wanted to go to America & be Americans.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone from any country (who isn't a criminal) coming to the USA legally.  I know it may take a long time to get all the documents.  It did for my grandparents as well. 

If it was good enough for our ancestors, it should be good enough for anyone coming from any other country today. 

Unfortunately, I have no idea whatsoever how to stop the flow at this point.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ya gotta wonder what deals they (Politicians) do behind closed doors.

7. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Illegal immigration is a BS term. Just because you were born 4 inches south of someone else doesn't mean that they don't also have the same rights that you do to pursue happiness.

End then nonsense, let all people go where they wish.

Well why dont we just let you continue to pay $338.3 billion dollars a year, that they take advantage of our taxes.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60

Sure they have all the rights to pursue happiness, they just don't have the right to do it in a country where they do not hold citizenship.

8. krystallie profile image60
    krystallieposted 12 years ago

Anything boasting the term 'illegal' is probably not a good idea. I don't agree with all the laws, but I sure as hell do my best to abide by them and illegal immigration is no exception.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)