jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

End in a relationship

1. dghbrh profile image64
    dghbrhposted 4 years ago

When for you a relationship reach the dead end? It may be any kind of relationship. But there is a limit to prolong any kind of association when one experiences some kind of hiccups there for some time. Then how one will make a judgement as to how long and how far to go ahead?

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If the relationship is abusive and a person does not feel the same as the other person, than its time to let go. Why beat a dead horse? Happiness is around the corner its all about finding the right person. Wishing you all of the best. smile

dghbrhposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks for your wishes. I am not particularly talking about any abuse here. But may be some disagreements and discomfort. Abuse is rather a strong thing and then its quite simple to take a decision I think.

2. shara63 profile image56
      shara63posted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Vo afsana jise anjaam tak lana na ho mumkin, use ek khoobsoorat mod dekar chhodna behtar"  this is a line from a beutiful song of Hindi moovie that says " The story that for any reason is imposibble to reach to its end..its better to stop it with a beautiful turning !! ...  and i support this emotion!

Many thanks for your beautiful reference here. i do understand Hindi but its useful for our international hubbers. Its an amazing idea so far.

2. accofranco profile image72
    accofrancoposted 4 years ago

When communication ceases to exist, and friendship totally lost, it should be called quits!

Thank you for your view here.

3. abbykorinnelee profile image75
    abbykorinneleeposted 4 years ago

A friend of mine is in a situation like this where the question is when do you walk away and move on because htere are my aspects in any situation that may affect what is the healthy thing to do.  I think that if a relationship dynamics have become so that they have grown apart and have nothing in common they should consider if the possiblity of getting on the same wavelength is even possible anymore.  Evaluating the good and the bad in the relationhship is also important.  Wether or not they are happy or they want something out of their life that they arn't able to be fullfilled is also important.  I think the first step is to sit down and discuss what they truly want out of the relationship and how they may be able to get what they need from each other.  Sometimes there is nothing else we can do but let it go and walk away.

Very wisely said. Thanks.

4. altruist profile image60
    altruistposted 4 years ago

I tend to think it is over when it is dead. Every relationship has hiccups. Nothing such as perfect. But even in their imperfections and flaws, you chose to love them. Love is indeed a choice. we let people love us and we open ourselves up enough to love them back. So when does it end? the signs? well... when you don't have the slightest inclination of care to 'throw' in your partners direction. Caring means you're in it. it means your emotions and thoughts, though not all, are in vested in your partner. Caring doesn't mean in affection only. No.. to care is invest any emotion in your partner. be it anger... love.. confusion. If your partner says or does something that gets you angry, it shows you're there. you're present it. mentally and emotionally. If they do things but the end result is you feeling nothing at all then no part of you whatsoever wants to be present in that relationship.
    However, it doesn't mean you wait for it to reach that point. if in all honesty, to nobody but yourself, you have done everything in your power to make things work and still are not happy in it, no need to break your spirit. accept it. it's over. maybe not for your partner... but for you.

5. lovendar profile image61
    lovendarposted 4 years ago

In my opinion, your feelings will tell you that when you leave them or when not. its all about feelings and terms you are having with your partner. You need not last them even if you are not satisfied with the way going on. So, you are free to move and take the decision.

You are correct here . Thanks you.

1. lovendar profile image61
        lovendarposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for coming to my reply. Lovendar is a platform for romantic relationship and relationship expert advice.

working