Why Is It the Society believes its Not Right for a Woman to Be Older than Her Hu

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Why Is It the Society believes its Not Right for a Woman to Be Older than Her Husband?

2. gusripper profile image39
    gusripperposted 14 years ago

this is a taboo but i believe have rooths in realigion and the adam and eve storie

3. shirleybill profile image57
    shirleybillposted 14 years ago

Oh you have been listening to other peoples opinions. Most time referred to as meddlesome, or gossipers.
    Take a load off. There are lots of women as well as men that are married to spouses where there is a big age difference.
    Do what makes you happy. Your neighbors are not going to love you and provide for you.

4. lkeipp profile image61
    lkeippposted 14 years ago

I see no problem with it myself - I'm 4 years older than my husband, and it really doesn't make any difference.

If they are happy in a relation where she is older than him, then why is it anyone else's business at all?

5. profile image0
    Ana Louisposted 14 years ago

I am nine years older than my husband.  I was thirty two, with three children.  He was 23 and had never been married.  I had my doubts about our relationship working...I had never dated a younger man before.  But he had qualities that I admired tremendously, and he convienced me that he was up to the task of a ready-made family.

We had two sons of our own.  It has been thirty years, some ups and downs, but we have weathered the storms (not age related), and we are very happy, very much in love, and loving our lives.  No regrets here...and he has kept me young, still thinks I am the sexiest thing on two legs.

No one ever suspects that I am older.

There are specific bumps in the road that the age difference created, but like any relationship, communication was key to working through them, and helping us gain a deeper understanding of where the other was at different points in our marriage.  We were both comitted to each other, our marriage, and our family.  It has worked for us.

6. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

The society have changed a lot in the recent times. My hub has details of 12 celebrity husbands who are younger than their wives. When the couples do not have a problem why bother about the society?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-some-men-prefer-Older-Woman

7. catwoman89 profile image61
    catwoman89posted 14 years ago

Well, I consider myself society, and I grabbed mine while he was young and ripe for the picking. Trained him the way I wanted him! My husband is 6 years younger than I am. He loves having an older woman because "older women know what they want." I agree, though, that MEDIA is ridiculous. Shameful to feature ANCIENT men such as Harrison Ford and Sean Connery, who could be my freakin' grandfather, as sexy stars still, playing opposite women in their mid to late '20s. RIDICULOUS. No it is NOT true that men get sexier as they get older...on the other hand, I guess both sexes get sexier considering that sex is 95% in the mind, 5% in the body. But I don't want to look at old dinosaurs in leading roles opposite young gorgeous women. THAT is misogyny.

8. RAANKAR profile image64
    RAANKARposted 14 years ago

Nice question. I'm not telling that it is right or wrong..? For some people it may right and for some others it may wrong. But some of the reasons behind that are;
    It has been seen that, woman gets matured sooner than men.  the woman looks older than men soon,  the ablity to give birth for a child after 35 is risky to woman and 95% of woman gets boredom with sex before men. I hope these may be some of the reasons society believes it will be better woman being younger than her husband.

9. profile image48
    thibautposted 14 years ago

I will not answer yes or no.
    My understanding of life is how do you feel with your husband or wife.
    The most important things are to be convinced that my husband or wife can be changed or arranged according to the way I want.

10. profile image0
    pmccrayposted 14 years ago

In today's world I'm known as a "Cougar".  I'm six years older than my husband and it works for us.  We throughly discussed the issue during the first part of our relationship.  We were both truthful about what we wanted out of life.  He has never been married, I've been married twice, he's never Fathered children and I have an adult son.  My husband knew going in that I wanted no more children and if that was going to be a problem our relationship would not work.  We've been together now sixteen years...so it's still working and we're both very happy with our decision. 

Just a note:  my younger sister is also a "Cougar" and recently wed.  I think age is really becoming nothing but a number.

11. TammyK profile image57
    TammyKposted 14 years ago

i don't agree with the label or title Cougar.  but society has a way of putting a name to something that is done by choice.  i am currently 11yrs younger than the man i'm seeing.  and like someone else wrote our problems have'nt been age related.  but due to my distrust, because of other relationships.   my mother was nine yrs older than my father, and their marriage lasted until death did them part.

12. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 14 years ago

Because one of the most important aims behind the marriage is to raise up a new family which contributes to the growth of the society.An older woman's chances for delivery of children will be rare while her husband's chances, if he is young, are more.As result the society believes that such marriage is unfair and the said husband is not a husband but a toy boy !

13. Callan S. profile image57
    Callan S.posted 14 years ago

Certain people want to name things, so you then ask them why they named it that.

That's the initial hook for them to seed a bunch of their own values, slowly but surely, onto you.

These people don't have much - unless you start listening to them.

14. profile image0
    Dog On A Missionposted 14 years ago

Well, I've been with my girlfriend for over five years and she is alot older than me.

No one seems to have an attitude about it. Everyone has been very cool with us so far!

15. appam profile image59
    appamposted 14 years ago

Age is an important factor in marriage. Leave alone all religious believes, conventions, social obligations etc. All are immaterial. But there is another important factor which no one can deny. That is human physiology. If we consider marriage a life time affair and if the husband and wife should live together till the end of their life the age difference is inevitable. By the menopause majority of the women become less attractive to sex. Men continue to be more attractive to sex by this time. In majority the lust is on the peak by this time and a dispirited wife in sex will invite unnecessary problems. At this time men go in search of younger women. If we find no problem in this relation age is not a problem at all. But is it so?

16. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

This is one of my favorite subjects. This article of mine attracts lots of visitors:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … tml?cat=41

17. Lady Rose profile image74
    Lady Roseposted 14 years ago

I married a man four years younger than me. it has not been a problem for the last 24 years.  But i suppose that if the difference is quite big, the woman will age and look like a grandma and the man will still be looking good, which can cause insecurity and heartbreak to the woman.

18. profile image56
    RuA_05posted 14 years ago

by and by neture man should be older than woman! why because if man is older than the  woman, in his old age the woman we take care of him very wall

19. lanealanea profile image60
    lanealaneaposted 14 years ago

Society is still figuring it out, tends to confuse itself don't you think? I say, keep it simple. Do what works for you and not what works for the other. I can tell you that society wont change what I do with my relationship especially since I am the older one in my marriage and is the best thing that ever happened for me. Is it because I am older? I don't know but who cares when being happy is the hardest thing to find when your looking for it and when you find happiness its society without a doubt that doesnt matter so much. People should play, have fun and worry about statistics later. Besides, now you have the opportunity to be much younger inside and out with all the anti-aging recources available. Take advantage of them all while your on earth and unless your having children at age 50 no need to worry about the age. Become a team with your mate and give back to society only what society gives to you. It is a great question however don't worry about it, just Live long and thrive my friend.

20. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

in some society it is not ok for a woman to be older, but love knows no boundary with ethnicity, age and social status.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)