jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

what is the difference between arrange and love marriage?

1. shakeelz profile image53
    shakeelzposted 8 years ago

what is the difference between arrange and love marriage?

2. profile image76
    me259259posted 8 years ago

An arranged marriage is a marriage that was... arranged.  It is usually set up by the parents of the two children.  Sometimes marriages are arranged to bring peace to the two families, or to give their children a better future by arranging the marriage to be with wealthy (and therefor: stable) people.

A love marriage is a marriage that is made out of... love.  The two people met, and found each other attractive enough to get married.  What attracted each other could be based on looks, personality, power, or a score of other factors (or a combination of factors).

It's hard to say which type of marriage is better.  Love marriages, when based on the wrong things, can be great at first, but grow into horrible abominations.  When done right, it is a beautiful bond that will last a lifetime. 

Arranged marriages tend to be more stable, but the people in them may not like it.

Basically you have to ask yourself, which is better?  A relatively sure thing, or double or nothing?  Obviously I'm oversimplifying the issues, but love and marriage are concepts too tough to explain.

3. rmshdc profile image59
    rmshdcposted 8 years ago

Difference No.1

In arrange marriage you can always blame parents if the marriage goes sour.

In case of love marriage, you have got to blame each other.

Difference No.2
    Arrange Marriage lasts for ever or longer
    Love Marriage tend to break after honeymoon period is over!

4. floating mind profile image77
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

I'm not sure in what framework you are asking the question, but here is my answer.
    If one assumes that both the arrange and love marriages will last forever, then a love marriage is a marriage that starts with two people already in love.  An arrange marriage is one where the two people come to know love within the relationship after marriage.
    Hope this helps.

working