jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Arrange marriage or love marriage,,, which is the best?

1. How? profile image37
    How?posted 6 years ago

Arrange marriage or love marriage,,, which is the best?

2. Matt in Jax profile image70
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

I would like to be able to choose my wife and be able to truly love her and experience her before we were married.
    How could I tell who I want to live the rest of my life with if I haven't been with her for quite a long while before the rings were slid on?

3. QudsiaP1 profile image61
    QudsiaP1posted 6 years ago

It all is very circumstancial because there is no real way to figure out or have any statistical data on your question.

Marriage is a compromise based on mutual respect, love, care and understanding. If any two people can achieve that, I think the success rates of that marriage go up considerably.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

If you are going to marry someone and spend the rest of your life with them, in very close proximity--you better be in love.  If you don't love someone, the entire idea of marriage is too hard to think about.

5. profile image0
    marellenposted 6 years ago

Since my love marriage didn't work maybe I should try an arrange marriage. truthfully, I think both can work, it just depends on the situation and the people involved. Hopefully, both would include love, trust and integrity.

6. mommyneal6 profile image75
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Love marriage of course. Who would want to marry someone they don't know?!

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

it depends on what you mean by best. i'm thinking arranged marriages last but at what cost. who has the right to tell another person who they are going to marry? why get married if your not in love? should freedom of choice be more important then marriage?personally i hate the thought of arranged marriages but i live in a relatively free country so obviously it won't make sense to me.

8. MisterCullen profile image74
    MisterCullenposted 6 years ago

A marriage based on Love is definately the best.  Love allows you to become united as one.  Of course you can fall in love within an arranged marriage but the passion and experience of falling in love with your selected spouse is what life is all about.   

The intamacy and energy of love creates life! 

An arranged marriage can be very beneficial to others around you and yourself.  I am a firm believer in chemistry and some people are not compatible in a marriage.

9. Chinnidivs profile image60
    Chinnidivsposted 6 years ago

Arranged Marriage is usually the better option among the two , as you have your parents to support you when something goes wrong. Also , people who love each other before marriage cannot know the true character of the person until they live together and this may lead to misunderstanding after marriage.

10. Anamika S profile image56
    Anamika Sposted 5 years ago

India is popular for the arranged marriage system where the Parents or elders in the family arrange the marriage of their children. Many times one is forced to get married to the Guy/Girl of Parent's choice. read more

working