jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever been assualted by someone you know?

1. Maureen Yearwood profile image53
    Maureen Yearwoodposted 8 years ago

Have you ever been assualted by someone you know?

I was assualted by someone I once had a relationship with.  We had come to the conculsion that we would remain friends, vevn though he knew that I was in a serious relaionship.  When I turned to him for some help because of his professional career, he used that to show how he truly felt about us not still being in a relationship.  He attempted to sexually abuse me and physically abused be, beating me with no regard at all.

2. Gloria Cowdery profile image72
    Gloria Cowderyposted 8 years ago

I feel for your situation. And, yes, I have as well. Although, I'm not certain this is the place for details at the moment.
    I do appreciate your candidness though.

3. profile image50
    tinkerbell09posted 8 years ago

No, I haven't, but my empathy makes me respond to this question.  I have family members that have been in relationships like that.  If murder was acceptable in a case where a man has beaten a woman for any reason, I'd be known as a person to do that.  But its not, so I just have to grind my teeth and hope that they'll be smart enough to leave that man alone.  I hope you are doing okay now and that that man is out of your life now and forever.  You don't deserve that, and he doesn't deserve you.  No woman deserves to be beaten by a man for any reason.

4. profile image0
    theonlytriniposted 8 years ago

yes i have been, but not really like that. One day i decided to have sex with my bf. Thinkin it wz the right time in our relationship. but when the time came around i wanted him to stop. He hurt me alot cause i considered him someone who cared about me.
    That guy you asked for help an took advantage of you doesnt deserve to be thought about because he didnt with you...no man should ever beat or physically hurt any woman.

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Hey Maureen,  it breaks my heart to hear about these situations. I sure hope you pressed charges, someone has to give that butthead a clue! If he'd do it to one he'll do it to another he has no respect for someones sence of security.

Now on the other hand my wife sluggs me all the time. I'm not sure whos at fault her for hitting or me for in appropriate touching. I like to think shes insensitive to my needs as an individual. So straighten up Honey, OW! Peace.

6. Kebennett1 profile image61
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

I have been sexually assaulted but never beaten. I am horrified by the first but thankful for the second. I was a young child the first time. It was a cousin and it went on for years. The second time, I was 9. It was a neighbor boy who grew up with our family. The third time, I was raped at 151/2 by a teenager my step father brought home to help him work around the house. I became pregnant and a few months later had a miscarriage. ( I have never believed in abortion.) Abuse of any sort is a mental and physical tragedy that can take many years to recover from. I have and I hope you have too! I don't know how long it has been for you. If you haven't gotten any counseling I admonish you to do so. It helped me more than I can tell you in a brief comment. It changed my life!

working