jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is the age gap between 31 and 22 too far apart?

1. Fudo617 profile image54
    Fudo617posted 8 years ago

Is the age gap between 31 and 22 too far apart?

Met a girl and we've been out as friends a couple of times, but I'm interested in her as more than friends.  Is a 22 yr old girl dating a 31 yr old guy weird or unlikely?

2. rsmallory profile image77
    rsmalloryposted 8 years ago

I don't think so. Were talking about 9 years here. I am 7 years younger than my husband. You need to ask yourself if she is interested in you the same way and examine what the root of the attraction is. If it just looks and sexual-then back off and remain friends, but if you genuinely like her and have similar interests and opinions on things-go for it.

3. LowellWriter profile image79
    LowellWriterposted 8 years ago

All too often in our society we set standards and rules that seem to be outdated or come from a place of fear or misinformation. Having learned such things during a time of early development, we deny ourselves true happiness because we are too... read more

4. kattoya profile image60
    kattoyaposted 8 years ago

Absolutely not.  My mother was 27 years younger then my father.  They were married for 39 years had 5 children and traveled all over the world until my father passed away.  Age is just a number. Its what is in your heart and your mind that make you who you are, not your birth date.

5. adamsey profile image61
    adamseyposted 8 years ago

Love is not a matter of age ,it comes from the heart.The only question is:do you love each other?

6. ktowers profile image60
    ktowersposted 8 years ago

If you care about each other then age shouldnt come into it..

7. eno1 profile image54
    eno1posted 8 years ago

There are social behavior differences. One on one you may be great together but will you survive outside the bedroom so to speak.
    I have dated up and down the age scale. The younger women's social environments involved the beach, hard bodies and a night life that was hard to maintain at any age. 'What we had in common.'
    Conversation however, was very limited and shallow. Once you hear their brief story whats left to talk about?
    Without enough in common any relationship will fail eventually.
    Life age does matter but it does not have to stop you.
    What makes you alike not different?

8. inveneste profile image50
    invenesteposted 8 years ago

It's not weird or wrong... the thing is first of all.. you can't help who you fall for.  And... she's 22, not 16 or something.  There's 15 years difference between me and my husband (I'm 38, he's 53).  Go for it and take a chance with her... Hope she feels the same!!!!  Good luck and have fun...   wink

9. hublim profile image79
    hublimposted 8 years ago

If you genuinely like someone then age should not be a factor. The important point for me is you like who they are and not see them as a project, someone you can mould into what you perceive you are looking for in a partner.

I would say you should spend a bit more time with her, get to know her a bit better outside your comfort zone and see how it goes.

People will always have comments to make about others but you should focus on your happiness and not look to please others. I like the quote

"What Other People Think Of Me Is None Of My Business."

Closed to reply