jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I get my ex-boyfriend to trust me again?

1. profile image44
    bleustarshineposted 8 years ago

How do I get my ex-boyfriend to trust me again?

My boyfriend broke up with me because he said I attacked him. I thought we were merely kidding around but I guess I took it too far. He says he still has some feelings for me but he doesn't know if he can trust me or be himself around me. I really want him to know that he can trust and I would never do something like intentionally. But I don't know how to gain his trust back. He's coming over Saturday to talk. I hope someone can help me before then.

2. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Hi, wishing you goodluck tomorrow!  It looks like he's giving a positive sign, as he's coming over to talk to you.  This is your opportunity to start to regain his trust.  He seems a little freaked out.  Us girls are more emotional than boys at times, and also sometimes our hormones creep in.  If you think you may have offended him, it's best to be honest with him and say sorry and tell him that it's really important for you to regain his trust, this could be a positive turning point in your relationship, as if you can get through this it may make your relationship stronger.  Being mature and honest and open, as well as having a positive outlook about it should help when he comes over to talk to you. I wish you all the best and hope it ends in kisses!

3. tanay253 profile image55
    tanay253posted 8 years ago

Its a million dollar question but may be some day he will think of this positive change in your approach.Try to make him believe that the breakup was unfortunate and that you are solely not responsible for the same.You walk a few steps and let him do the same as well.

4. S Williams profile image60
    S Williamsposted 8 years ago

Wow! That's pretty amazing that your boyfriend would break up over one incident, has there been other incidents?

Maybe you two should take a break, and you can initiate no contact, this will give you both time to evolve personally, and emotionally.

I would find and follow a good plan using no contact...give yourselves sometime.

Trying to rush back into a relationship does more damage than the original incident that caused the break up in the first place.

5. juiwei2000 profile image59
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

What happenend will happen, if it is meant to be, it is meant to be, if it isn't meant to be, it isn't meant to be.  Just be honest with him and hope for the best.