jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Is it wrong for two persons of the same gender to love one another yet have no s

1. solarcaptain profile image75
    solarcaptainposted 8 years ago

Is it wrong for two persons of the same gender to love one another yet have no sex or feelings towar

2. prabhjotbedi profile image81
    prabhjotbediposted 8 years ago

Not at all.
    Love doesn't need lead to or be for sex.
    Love is love, period.

3. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 8 years ago

Remember that there are different types of love.
    The Eros love is usually expressed through sexual relations between a man an his wife.
    Agape is a respect for God and expressed throgh service, worship etc.No sexual expression.
    Phillia is the love between famillies and general humanity without sexual expression.

4. Rodric29 profile image76
    Rodric29posted 8 years ago

NGRIA and prabhjotbedi's answer together make it clear. Love is love. How one expresses that love is personal. I love my male friends, some of them intensely. I love the way the talk, look, work and support me. I love them with loyalty and praise and admiration. Some I would follow without question because I feel they will never lead me astray. In all my love for them and admiration of their physical beauty, I have no desire to have sex with any because that type of express of love is reserved for my heart who is my wife!
    I love to love, but I express my love according to my relationship and cultural beliefs. I think all people do so.

5. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Of course, love between two people - this is what friendship is.

6. cogitoergosumleo profile image57
    cogitoergosumleoposted 8 years ago

I belive that love has many boundaries, some which can only be crossed by specific contacts be it relative, friend, mother, lover etc, They exist in predefined circular orbits within & without  you. The innermost circle is reserved for THE one who choose! Yes you can love intensely as in the genuine love by a father for his daughter, or a mother for a son, but there is a distinct boundary which cannot be crossed. That love is void of sexual love. However it is definitely sensual, exciting... and pure!
    Love, hugz & kizzez!

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

without a doubt......situations as such prove that Love does indeed exist and that there are individuals that are in tune with the essence of self and its purpose.  Good luck to you both and may the remainder of your existence be fruitful as well as unbelievably magical........ciao

I agree with prab---LOve is Love Period, there are no dimensions when concerning Love.  Regardless if sex is involved or not...It is the connection that you have and your actions .....PERIOD.

Vonda G. Nelson

8. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 8 years ago

I must anwer that question with another:

Why on earth would it be?

9. debugs profile image64
    debugsposted 8 years ago

No, I am almost postive there is nothing wrong with that.

10. profile image44
    JDavSposted 8 years ago

I dont think there isnt anything wrong with 2 people of the same gender to love one another.  "No sex" actually depends on the mutual agreement between.

I would like to believe that some mates have sex just for the fun of it even without the feelings.  It all depends actually.

Its always best if feelings are involved.

11. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 8 years ago

If it is, fathers mothers, sons, daughters, and friends all over the planet are in the wrong.  I gotta say no, its not wrong.