Do women learn any lessons when we date the same kind of men over and over?

1. figment profile image80
    figmentposted 8 years ago

Do women learn any lessons when we date the same kind of men over and over?

I use to keep a journal that I would keep information about each man I dated and the lesson I learned when the relationship was over.  I stopped keeping this relationship in 2001 because I obviously was not learning any valuable lessons.  I just kept dated worse and worse men. Each worse in their own ways, but maybe I'll suggest to not only myself but to other women to keep such a "lesson learned" journal regarding the men us women choose to continue dating.  Maybe if we look back and review these lessons we hope to learn from each man, we won't make the same mistake with the next one.

2. dotty1 profile image67
    dotty1posted 7 years ago

Do you know I am so agreeing with what you have said.... I think that we may of conned our subconcious into a "self fulfilling phropecy" of "god I always get the cheats"... therefore perhaps having it programmed in our heads whats goin to happen from first date......

Posative mental attitude.... reafirming to ourselves that "hey Im a good catch, I deserve a good person"...this changes our subconcious into believing and there fore perhaps we give off more posative vibes???? just a thought...

I think sometimes thinkin too deeply about how you handle the next one actually effects your personality subtley and distorts thr real you...so I think, be yourself, hey it might not work but another bus will be along in a min...X

3. Scott_Grigg profile image43
    Scott_Griggposted 7 years ago

If you're dating for someone more serious, I'd suggest that if you are dating the same men over and over something may be wrong here. After all, isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

working