For men, do you think all women are the same? For women, do you think all men ar

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. catalystsnstars profile image60
    catalystsnstarsposted 12 years ago

For men, do you think all women are the same? For women, do you think all men are the same?

Recently and in the past, I've experienced and seen too many infidelities on the man's part, from close family members and potential in laws. It's forcing me to question if there really is a great divide between men and women when it comes to infidelity. I've always believed that every person is unique regardless of my past experiences. And I haven't been cheated on, but there is an adequate amount of fear that keeps me wondering why it is that this tendency towards extramarital affairs, or "cheating" is so fierce. It begs the question, would love thrive better under polyamorous conditions?

2. Scarlet Hemlock profile image61
    Scarlet Hemlockposted 12 years ago

For some people it might, but definitely not for everyone. I myself could never be in a polyamorous relationship, because I have a very strong need for mutual trust.
    The trouble with those kinds of relationships is mostly trust. Do you still trust your husband to love you, if he is also involved with someone else? And how much do you want to know about the "other people"? Would you still think of him as "your" husband/boyfriend/partner/...?
    I believe affairs and cheating are often a way for people to express themselves when they are unhappy in a relationship. Only when your current relationship isn't working, you start looking for someone else who you can relate to, talk to, find other kinds of attention that you don't receive from your partner. That's the most difficult part about a long-term relationship: keeping it interested so you can stay committed.
    In the end you only have to ask yourself one question: what does your heart tell you to do? Follow your heart, because if you don't, there's a strong chance you might regret it for the rest of your life.

3. soconfident profile image72
    soconfidentposted 12 years ago

Not really, it could be that we tend to fall for the same type

4. Ashleymckinnon profile image66
    Ashleymckinnonposted 12 years ago

In the past, I was convinced that all men were: liars, cheaters and selfish. However, that changed when I met my husband. He opened my eyes to realize that the reason I believed men were like that, was because I was dating: liars, cheaters and selfish boobs. Obviously, I would think all men were the same when I kept dating the same type of guys. I believe that is the reason that these stereotypes come into play. It has been said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome, is it not?

5. lburmaster profile image71
    lburmasterposted 12 years ago

Not all men are the same. That is entirely obvious to me. There are narcissists, psychopaths, sociopaths, extroversion, neuroticism, introverted, etc. Some relationships can thrive under polyamorous conditions and some cannot. Even so, it does add more possible issues in the relationship. However, a good couple can work around the issues. It depends on the two involved.

6. teaches12345 profile image78
    teaches12345posted 12 years ago

I hear this most often from women that have either just suffered a broken relationship or divorced. Sometimes, after time has passed and hearts have mended, they begin to think differently. I do believe there are men out there who have tendencies towards extramarital affairs for one reason or another. I also believe that there are a lot of men out there who are faithful, commited persons of character who prefer a long-lasting relationship. They key to a good relationship is to communicate and build trust.

7. LucidWarrior profile image60
    LucidWarriorposted 12 years ago

Your question, and the answer, are both very complex.

For starters I believe infidelity is an equal opportunity offense. Thanks to the internet extramarrital afairs are easier than ever. Chatting, texting, emails, web cams, they all help to hide the affairs of those unhappy in their relationships.

So the real question is why are so many married people so unhappy they think having an affair is okay? I personally think it is a direct result of the changes in our society. We are becoming more and more addicted to instant gratification. People are in a rush to do everything, even dating and marriage. In an age of online dating and speed dating we expect immediate results to our relationship needs. Gone are the days when you met someone through a friend or co-worker. The experience of love at first site has died out because we dont' have the patience to let go and let the right person come into our lives. That takes too long and we can't control it.

We live in an instant gradification society. If you want to find a healthy cheat free relationship get out from behind the computer and enjoy life in the real world without forcing your will on the will of the universe.

8. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

Of course not all women or men are the same. We naturally focus our attention on behavior of those we don't approve of. As for infidelity anyone who has ever watched an episode of "Cheaters" or "The Maury Povich Show" AKA "You are not the father!" is certainly aware that women cheat. In fact it's been suggested that women get away with cheating more often than men. Not getting caught doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Fear and worry over something you have no control over is a waste of time and energy. All you can do is be  as selective as you can about who you choose to be your mate. Hopefully you stay in tune to each others wants and needs while not neglecting one another or taking each other for granted. Don't let what "might happen" tomorrow keep you from enjoying the present.

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.”
    - Corrie ten Boom

9. yssubramanyam profile image60
    yssubramanyamposted 11 years ago

Not at all it needs lot of explanation. it is not possible on line.

1. yssubramanyam profile image60
      yssubramanyamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

no two human minds are alike.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)