jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

If a woman pays on a date, does it mean the man has been placed in the 'friend-z

1. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 5 years ago

If a woman pays on a date, does it mean the man has been placed in the 'friend-zone'?

Traditionally when a man woos a woman he is expected to get the cheque. So if a woman pays the bill does it mean that she thinks of the man more as a friend than as a serious potential partner?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

From my view, it means the woman values the man, but the man does not value the woman.

3. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 5 years ago

If a woman pays on date it doesn't place the man on a pedestal, more like a cheapskate.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It depends on how long they have been seeing each other. There is nothing wrong with a woman paying for date. However if she does it (early only) it usually means one of two things.
    1. She is letting him know she does not view their relationship as being a "romantic" one. Therefore she does not want him to "get any ideas" or try to hit on her. Odds are there won't be a second date! Some women also do this by insisting on going "dutch treat"
    2. It's also possible she is really "into" him and believes she can (buy) his love or stand out from other women by showing him that she will "take care" of him. In this case she will also let it be known she wants a romantic relationship by flirting or making the first move.

5. JEDIJESSICUH profile image76
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 5 years ago

I think in today's society a woman shouldn't think the man will pay for a date, whether or not he will or has in the past. The economy doesn't provide for luxuries such as eating out and movies all the time where the finanicial strain is always on the man. I don't think a man would be "friend-zoned" just because a woman paid. If I were a man, I'd give her a high five and say thanks.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would say whomever (asks) the other person out is "expected" to pay for the date. This would apply to both men and women. After a relationship is well established it's no big deal who treats whom as long as no one feels used.

6. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

Nowadays women are not helpless as people make it seems on TV. They are a lot more independent, so if a women pays for dinner it just means she paid for dinner that's all. If there's a second date then maybe the guy will pick it up.

7. Marcus99 profile image59
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

No, it means that I'm too cheap to pay my share of the mongongous amounts of food I just shoveled down my gullet...

working